Gigabyte releasing a cheaper gtx 1070.

IncompetentProdigy
1 hour ago, Dan Castellaneta said:

So orange is being beat into the ground but no one wants to touch purple.

Hm, you might be on to something there...

2-7-635x473 copy.png

Solve your own audio issues  |  First Steps with RPi 3  |  Humidity & Condensation  |  Sleep & Hibernation  |  Overclocking RAM  |  Making Backups  |  Displays  |  4K / 8K / 16K / etc.  |  Do I need 80+ Platinum?

If you can read this you're using the wrong theme.  You can change it at the bottom.

1 hour ago, patrickjp93 said:

Fractal made Orange sexy.

You mean bequiet?

Thats that. If you need to get in touch chances are you can find someone that knows me that can get in touch.

45 minutes ago, thekeemo said:

You mean bequiet?

No, Fractal. BeQuiet! did as well, but both.

Software Engineer for Suncorp (Australia), Computer Tech Enthusiast, Miami University Graduate, Nerd

Too much extra plastic makes it too big and ugly.

I like Evga design the most but MSI armor look very decent and is cheaper than others.

Connection200mbps / 12mbps 5Ghz wifi

My baby: CPU - i7-4790, MB - Z97-A, RAM - Corsair Veng. LP 16gb, GPU - MSI GTX 1060, PSU - CXM 600, Storage - Evo 840 120gb, MX100 256gb, WD Blue 1TB, Cooler - Hyper Evo 212, Case - Corsair Carbide 200R, Monitor - Benq  XL2430T 144Hz, Mouse - FinalMouse, Keyboard -K70 RGB, OS - Win 10, Audio - DT990 Pro, Phone - iPhone SE

You know, I rather appreciate how EVGA and NVIDIA reference cards exhaust hot air out of the BACK of the chassis, this does make a difference for those of us without Super Amazing PC cases. 

54 minutes ago, SplAdam said:

You know, I rather appreciate how EVGA and NVIDIA reference cards exhaust hot air out of the BACK of the chassis, this does make a difference for those of us without Super Amazing PC cases. 

Super amazing = $49.99+? Even the most basic of cases these days will have airflow good enough that you'll see the benefits of an open air cooler.

Plus, blower cards are not specific to EVGA... Both MSI and Galax have their own blower style coolers as well.

9 hours ago, Ryan_Vickers said:

Agreed...

Does anyone else notice that the fans don't seem to line up well with the heatsinks?

Spoiler

20160616154921_big-635x292.png

Yup, Gigabyte was feeling nostalgic about the Windforce Lip of the 600 and 700 series. 

2-7-635x473.png

I run my browser through NSA ports to make their illegal jobs easier. :P
If it's not broken, take it apart and fix it.
http://pcpartpicker.com/b/fGM8TW

7 hours ago, patrickjp93 said:

Are you joking? Look at the way the blades curve! The scoop side is always the side the air pushes out from.

why so serious? i know how fans work btw.

14 hours ago, valdyrgramr said:

Why are the new Nvidia cards so ugly?

Because...gamers. "oh lok dis is soo shinnyy, i liek de new EVGA cardz over th3 olde ones cuz rgb and so many linez and meshes annd hol3s, it lok liek a spacesh1p, so co0l." One of my friends at uni is like this, always drools over at gamery-looking things.

I don't read the reply to my posts anymore so don't bother.

My PC is in a server rack so it could be beige for all I care, not that I can use anything except Blower Style coolers anyway...

I will buy it if its cheap the 1000s are a temp card for me and im looking for the cheapest 1070 I can find. 

System Specs

CPU: Ryzen 5 5600x | Mobo: Gigabyte B550i Aorus Pro AX | RAM: Hyper X Fury 3600 64gb | GPU: Nvidia FE 4090 | Storage: WD Blk SN750 NVMe - 1tb, Samsung 860 Evo - 1tb, WD Blk - 6tb/5tb, WD Red - 10tb | PSU:Corsair ax860 | Cooling: AMD Wraith Stealth  Displays: 55" Samsung 4k Q80R, 24" BenQ XL2420TE/XL2411Z & Asus VG248QE | Kb: K70 RGB Blue | Mouse: Logitech G903 | Case: Fractal Torrent RGB | Extra: HTC Vive, Fanatec CSR/Shifters/CSR Elite Pedals w/ Rennsport stand, Thustmaster Warthog HOTAS, Track IR5,, ARCTIC Z3 Pro Triple Monitor Arm | OS: Win 10 Pro 64 bit

So far most of the non-founders 1070/1080's have been quite ugly, excpet for the MSI cards. Not sure why but it just seems like they're either not trying at all or trying too hard with their designs.  

The proportions of this card look way off. Not a good look IMO.

My Systems:

Main - Work + Gaming:

Spoiler

Woodland Raven: Ryzen 2700X // AMD Wraith RGB // Asus Prime X570-P // G.Skill 2x 8GB 3600MHz DDR4 // Radeon RX Vega 56 // Crucial P1 NVMe 1TB M.2 SSD // Deepcool DQ650-M // chassis build in progress // Windows 10 // Thrustmaster TMX + G27 pedals & shifter

F@H Rig:

Spoiler

FX-8350 // Deepcool Neptwin // MSI 970 Gaming // AData 2x 4GB 1600 DDR3 // 2x Gigabyte RX-570 4G's // Samsung 840 120GB SSD // Cooler Master V650 // Windows 10

HTPC:

Spoiler

SNES PC (HTPC): i3-4150 @3.5 // Gigabyte GA-H87N-Wifi // G.Skill 2x 4GB DDR3 1600 // Asus Dual GTX 1050Ti 4GB OC // AData SP600 128GB SSD // Pico 160XT PSU // Custom SNES Enclosure // 55" LG LED 1080p TV  // Logitech wireless touchpad-keyboard // Windows 10 // Build Log

Laptops:

Spoiler

MY DAILY: Lenovo ThinkPad T410 // 14" 1440x900 // i5-540M 2.5GHz Dual-Core HT // Intel HD iGPU + Quadro NVS 3100M 512MB dGPU // 2x4GB DDR3L 1066 // Mushkin Triactor 480GB SSD // Windows 10

WIFE'S: Dell Latitude E5450 // 14" 1366x768 // i5-5300U 2.3GHz Dual-Core HT // Intel HD5500 // 2x4GB RAM DDR3L 1600 // 500GB 7200 HDD // Linux Mint 19.3 Cinnamon

EXPERIMENTAL: Pinebook // 11.6" 1080p // Manjaro KDE (ARM)

NAS:

Spoiler

Home NAS: Pentium G4400 @3.3 // Gigabyte GA-Z170-HD3 // 2x 4GB DDR4 2400 // Intel HD Graphics // Kingston A400 120GB SSD // 3x Seagate Barracuda 2TB 7200 HDDs in RAID-Z // Cooler Master Silent Pro M 1000w PSU // Antec Performance Plus 1080AMG // FreeNAS OS

On 6/18/2016 at 11:12 PM, -BirdiE- said:

Super amazing = $49.99+? Even the most basic of cases these days will have airflow good enough that you'll see the benefits of an open air cooler.

Plus, blower cards are not specific to EVGA... Both MSI and Galax have their own blower style coolers as well.

This is the reason I say that, my last build had a $49 case (Rosewill bare bones) and I saw a drop in thermals on both my CPU and my GPU when I installed an EVGA that vented out of the back of the chassis. Obviously super amazing is not $49 dude, that's why expensive cases have fancy thermal solutions, they work better. 

On ‎6‎/‎19‎/‎2016 at 1:47 AM, IncompetentProdigy said:

Source: http://wccftech.com/gigabyte-gtx-1070-windforce-oc-features-a-dual-fan-configuration/

Thoughts? 

Personally I was going for the G1 gaming or the ACX 3.0, however depending on how this compares to the founders edition I think it could be a good value 1070.

If you were looking for value then the 1070 shouldn't be your top choice.

Something like a RX 480 would be a better choice for Value.

Judge a product on its own merits AND the company that made it.

How to setup MSI Afterburner OSD | How to make your AMD Radeon GPU more efficient with Radeon Chill | (Probably) Why LMG Merch shipping to the EU is expensive

Oneplus 6 (Early 2023 to present) | HP Envy 15" x360 R7 5700U (Mid 2021 to present) | Steam Deck (Late 2022 to present)

Mid 2023 AlTech Desktop Refresh - AMD R7 5800X (Mid 2023), XFX Radeon RX 6700XT MBA (Mid 2021), MSI X370 Gaming Pro Carbon (Early 2018), 32GB DDR4-3200 (16GB x2) (Mid 2022

Noctua NH-D15 (Early 2021), Corsair MP510 1.92TB NVMe SSD (Mid 2020), beQuiet Pure Wings 2 140mm x2 & 120mm x1 (Mid 2023),

12 hours ago, SplAdam said:

This is the reason I say that, my last build had a $49 case (Rosewill bare bones) and I saw a drop in thermals on both my CPU and my GPU when I installed an EVGA that vented out of the back of the chassis. Obviously super amazing is not $49 dude, that's why expensive cases have fancy thermal solutions, they work better. 

Unless it's an mITX build, it sounds like you made a poor case choice, or were doing something wrong. Any basic Mid-Tower cases with a couple of case fans should be fine. More expensive cases are generally more expensive because they're built with higher quality materials, they look better, and they have convenience features like toolless drive cages and stuff... But they don't have any "special thermal solutions" that make them significantly cooler.

A case like this for $50 would get the job done

50case.jpg

I don't like the look of the card, it looks like it's trying too hard for attention.

I would much rather have a card that has no RGB or any kind of lighting for that matter and is just black. I have a side window on my case but I'm the only one that ever sees the inside (windowed version of the case was cheaper for some reason) so I couldn't care less about all the aesthetic changes that are being made to the cards this generation. It's just stupid IMO.

Edit: Also to address the complaints about not meeting MSRP, that is the price that NVidia is selling the card to their partners. The partners then have RnD put into different cooling solutions and then factor in the cost of materials and the fact that they still need to make a profit off of them. If they were selling these cards at MSRP they would actually be loosing money on them. The fact that these cards are not averaging $150 more than MSRP for custom coolers tells me that they are being very conservative with their pricing.

Intel Xeon 1650 V0 (4.4GHz @1.4V), ASRock X79 Extreme6, 32GB of HyperX 1866, Sapphire Nitro+ 5700XT, Silverstone Redline (black) RL05BB-W, Crucial MX500 500GB SSD, TeamGroup GX2 512GB SSD, WD AV-25 1TB 2.5" HDD with generic Chinese 120GB SSD as cache, x2 Seagate 2TB SSHD(RAID 0) with generic Chinese 240GB SSD as cache, SeaSonic Focus Plus Gold 850, x2 Acer H236HL, Acer V277U be quiet! Dark Rock Pro 4, Logitech K120, Tecknet "Gaming" mouse, Creative Inspire T2900, HyperX Cloud Flight Wireless headset, Windows 10 Pro 64 bit

On 6/18/2016 at 7:30 PM, patrickjp93 said:

No, Fractal. BeQuiet! did as well, but both.

I'm not sure i can think of a single Fractal design product including orange except PSU with mustard cables.

Did the AIB partners for Nvidia just agree to all make ugly cards? None of the new cards look good at all (except the Gaming X from MSI, in my opinion).

I was glad we were moving towards more neutral colours and rgb. Why the hell would they put orange lines that match with almost nothing?

System Specs:

Spoiler

CPU: Intel Core i5-6500 3.2GHz Quad-Core Processor 
CPU Cooler: Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO 82.9 CFM Sleeve Bearing CPU Cooler 
Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-Z170MX-Gaming 5 Micro ATX LGA1151 Motherboard  
Memory: G.Skill Ripjaws V Series 16GB (2 x 8GB) DDR4-2400 Memory 
Storage: A-Data Premier SP550 240GB 2.5" Solid State Drive 
Storage: Samsung 850 EVO-Series 500GB 2.5" Solid State Drive  
Storage: Western Digital Blue 3TB 3.5" 5400RPM Internal Hard Drive  
Video Card: EVGA GeForce GTX 1070 8GB FTW Gaming ACX 3.0 Video Card  
Case: Thermaltake Core V21 MicroATX Mini Tower Case 
Power Supply: EVGA SuperNOVA G2 550W 80+ Gold Certified Fully-Modular ATX Power Supply  

Displays: PlayStation® 3D Display (1080p)

Displays: VA1948M (900p)
Case Fan: Corsair CO-9050017-WLED 66.4 CFM  140mm Fan 
Case Fan: Corsair ML120 75.0 CFM  120mm Fans  
Mouse: Logitech G502 Wired Optical Mouse 

I am not good at photoshop or any other type of image editing software..

But I am a bit OCD about that top left corner is missing.

So,,,,,,

20160616154921_big-635x292.png

If it is not broken, let's fix till it is. 

47 minutes ago, UnknownSentientBeing said:

I was glad we were moving towards more neutral colours and rgb. Why the hell would they put orange lines that match with almost nothing?

I think that since Asus is changing their color scheme from red and black to orange and black, so gigabyte is trying to follow the trend.

Just like iphone comes out then a lot of other companies are trying to copy their design.

I don't like the orange that gigabyte use either. 

If it is not broken, let's fix till it is. 

9 hours ago, DragonTamer1 said:

Edit: Also to address the complaints about not meeting MSRP, that is the price that NVidia is selling the card to their partners.

No. MSRP is manufacturer's suggested RETAIL price.