Apple Music Redesign - Now with Zune!

GoodBytes

Apple decided it would be a brilliant idea to make a conference at the same time as E3. But aside from this act of genius, Apple announces that they have redesigning its new Apple Music app for it's iOS platform.

largeImg.jpg

Oh sorry, wrong image, they look alike I meant to post this one:

apple-wwdc-20160613-2238.0.JPG

Ok sorry, for lack of professionalism on my part but you have to admit that any one that saw or touched a Zune MP3 player or the desktop software or a Windows Phone 7, can see the resemblance between the Zune theme look and Apple Music new look. And if you wonder why I don't talk about anything new about Apple Music and just the focus theme, it is because Apple talked about nothing new related to the service, beside that the company claims to have 15 million paid subscribers, which seems low compared to other services like Spotify, which has 30 million paid subscription.

The streaming service, which launched last June at Apple's last WWDC conference, has amassed 15 million paying subscribers, Cue said today. Yet with more than 1 billion active iOS devices in the world, some analysts expected Apple to have a more robust subscriber base at this point. Unlike its key competitor Spotify, Apple Music does not offer a free tier subsidized by advertising. Apple also cuts lucrative deals with artists like Drake for exclusive album releases, something Spotify has shied away from.

Source 1: http://www.theverge.com/2016/6/13/11903956/apple-music-update-itunes-redesign-announced-wwdc-2016

Source 2: http://www.statista.com/statistics/244995/number-of-paying-spotify-subscribers/

1 minute ago, tangra said:

What is Zune? 

/s

I think that is what Apple hopes.

I still want a zune. I might get one eventually.

I woonder why they failed compared to ipods though... probably just marketing

Also the Zune OS was like, way ahead of its time. It like windows 8/10 is now.

n0ah1897, on 05 Mar 2014 - 2:08 PM, said:  "Computers are like girls. It's whats in the inside that matters.  I don't know about you, but I like my girls like I like my cases. Just as beautiful on the inside as the outside."

Update: Microsoft has immediately filed for an injunction and is suing Apple for copyright breeches. 

Software Engineer for Suncorp (Australia), Computer Tech Enthusiast, Miami University Graduate, Nerd

don't really see where the ressemblance is other than the white color scheme; i do see a lot of salt from the OP though 

One day I will be able to play Monster Hunter Frontier in French/Italian/English on my PC, it's just a matter of time... 4 5 6 7 8 9 years later: It's finally coming!!!

Phones: iPhone 4S/SE | LG V10 | Lumia 920 | Samsung S24 Ultra

Laptops: Macbook Pro 15" (mid-2012) | Compaq Presario V6000

Other: Steam Deck

<>EVs are bad, they kill the planet and remove freedoms too some/<>

It looks nothing like Zune. It reminds me more of a white themed Spotify. Or perhaps the design language across all these music apps are determined by ergonomics and that they are in no way trying to be similar to each other.

Your Heart Is My Sky (?)

Watching Intel have competition is like watching a headless chicken trying to get out of a mine field

CPU: Intel I7 4790K@4.6 with NZXT X31 AIO; MOTHERBOARD: ASUS Z97 Maximus VII Ranger; RAM: 8 GB Kingston HyperX 1600 DDR3; GFX: ASUS R9 290 4GB; CASE: Lian Li v700wx; STORAGE: Corsair Force 3 120GB SSD; Samsung 850 500GB SSD; Various old Seagates; PSU: Corsair RM650; MONITOR: 2x 20" Dell IPS; KEYBOARD/MOUSE: Logitech K810/ MX Master; OS: Windows 10 Pro

6 minutes ago, LAwLz said:

I don't really see the resemblance, other than having a white background and album art.

You sound very salty.

2 minutes ago, Kimmers said:

It looks nothing like Zune. It reminds me more of a white themed Spotify. Or perhaps the design language across all these music apps are determined by ergonomics and that they are in no way trying to be similar to each other.

Ok... but when the The Verge, the pro-Apple site says:

Capture.PNG

Says a lot.

2 minutes ago, JoeyDM said:

@GoodBytes you're kinda grasping at straws. It has a white background and album art. Not exactly creative.

Orange/pink tiles, and color scheme, with large text. And the purpose text is on black on the Zune side so that you read it properly, here Apple put it on white, so it is hard to see.

2 minutes ago, GoodBytes said:

Orange/pink tiles, and color scheme, with large text. And the purpose text is on black on the Zune side so that you read it properly, here Apple put it on white, so it is hard to see.

200_s.gif

9 minutes ago, JoeyDM said:

200_s.gif

How am I doing so?

They copied the design language, with 0 modification. This Apple we are talking about, a company that has billions and can't afford designer, they can't afford uniqueness? If it was a small developer, it would be nice and cool, but this is Apple. Not to mention Apple calling Microsoft to start their photocopiers, made a name of themselves for design, modern looks, and originality, uniqueness.... they can't even change the colors? They have all the colors in the world, 16.7 million from their displays, and they can't even change that?

Sorry to hear that you can't see it.

2 minutes ago, GoodBytes said:

Apple is a shitty company... But I really don't think there was any intentional copying there whatsoever. White background, sherbet-ice cream secondary colors, and album pictures? That's pretty damn generic. The book store I set up a while back has the color scheme for their site. It looks almost identical. It was a template.

I'm saying that I doubt it's copying, just generic anyways.

But is Apple Music getting FLAC? :D

22 hours ago, JoeyDM said:

Apple is a shitty company... But I really don't think there was any intentional copying there whatsoever. White background, sherbet-ice cream secondary colors, and album pictures? That's pretty damn generic. 

I'm saying that I doubt it's copying, just generic anyways.

It's pretty damn common, and it's universally pleasing.  I can't find a fault with Apple going down that route.  I just want FLAC on their music streaming service.

2 minutes ago, SurvivorNVL said:

But is Apple Music getting FLAC? :D

probably not, but it does support ALAC at least

One day I will be able to play Monster Hunter Frontier in French/Italian/English on my PC, it's just a matter of time... 4 5 6 7 8 9 years later: It's finally coming!!!

3 minutes ago, GoodBytes said:

Orange/pink tiles and color scheme - Oh shit you're right! They used the same colors! Those bastards... It sounds just as pathetic as when people say all phones are copies of the iPhone because they are black squares with rounded corners. I don't even see any orange in there, except the "discovery mix" button, but I also see a bunch of other colors in that same area. I see a green slider too. It's not exactly copying if 3 of the ~10 colors in screenshots happen to have also been used in the Zune program (the Zune app looked completely different IIRC)

Large text - Ehm... You might not have noticed this but pretty much all phone apps got large text. It's so that you can clearly see and press the buttons.

Not sure what you mean by "purpose text" but you are now talking about a difference.

Things like playback controls, navigation and other things are in completely different locations.

If this is "copying" then my RSS app is copying Zune too. It has a white background and thumbnails as well. If you want more similarities then it has the search function in the same location, it has settings at the top, if you can scroll down to see more thumbnails, when you click on a thumbnail it shows you more detailed info about it, if you swipe in from the left you get a list with big text dividing things into categories. The list goes on.

Spoiler

feedly.jpg

2 minutes ago, suicidalfranco said:

probably not, but it does support ALAC at least

Oh, it does?  I didn't know that.  That's great!

2 minutes ago, SurvivorNVL said:

I don't think it does. Pretty sure it only does AAC at 256Kbps.

2 minutes ago, LAwLz said:

Hopefully they have ALAC.  AAC at 256kbps isn't bad, though.

Apple didn't invent modern flat UI...but they did as of now.

(No matter when apple does something, they're first.)

muh specs 

Gaming and HTPC (reparations)- ASUS 1080, MSI X99A SLI Plus, 5820k- 4.5GHz @ 1.25v, asetek based 360mm AIO, RM 1000x, 16GB memory, 750D with front USB 2.0 replaced with 3.0  ports, 2 250GB 850 EVOs in Raid 0 (why not, only has games on it), some hard drives

Screens- Acer preditor XB241H (1080p, 144Hz Gsync), LG 1080p ultrawide, (all mounted) directly wired to TV in other room

Stuff- k70 with reds, steel series rival, g13, full desk covering mouse mat

All parts black

Workstation(desk)- 3770k, 970 reference, 16GB of some crucial memory, a motherboard of some kind I don't remember, Micomsoft SC-512N1-L/DVI, CM Storm Trooper (It's got a handle, can you handle that?), 240mm Asetek based AIO, Crucial M550 256GB (upgrade soon), some hard drives, disc drives, and hot swap bays

Screens- 3  ASUS VN248H-P IPS 1080p screens mounted on a stand, some old tv on the wall above it. 

Stuff- Epicgear defiant (solderless swappable switches), g600, moutned mic and other stuff. 

Laptop docking area- 2 1440p korean monitors mounted, one AHVA matte, one samsung PLS gloss (very annoying, yes). Trashy Razer blackwidow chroma...I mean like the J key doesn't click anymore. I got a model M i use on it to, but its time for a new keyboard. Some edgy Utechsmart mouse similar to g600. Hooked to laptop dock for both of my dell precision laptops. (not only docking area)

Shelf- i7-2600 non-k (has vt-d), 380t, some ASUS sandy itx board, intel quad nic. Currently hosts shared files, setting up as pfsense box in VM. Also acts as spare gaming PC with a 580 or whatever someone brings. Hooked into laptop dock area via usb switch

10 minutes ago, SurvivorNVL said:

6 minutes ago, LAwLz said:

It does support ALAC, not in streaming obviously, but you can locally play ALAC on it which will be recognised by iOS's Music app. If you want to use FLAC you'll have to use another music player that supports it like VLC

source: https://www.apple.com/iphone-6s/specs/

audio playback

Audio formats supported: AAC (8 to 320 Kbps), Protected AAC (from iTunes Store), HE-AAC, MP3 (8 to 320 Kbps), MP3 VBR, Audible (formats 2, 3, 4, Audible Enhanced Audio, AAX, and AAX+), Apple Lossless, AIFF, and WAV