Leaked Sapphire Rx480 Nitro and reference pics *update: confirmed*

Notional

Videocardz (and a user) have leaked pictures of Sapphire's new Rx480 cards.

First one is the reference card, we already know. Sapphire has added their own backplate:

original.jpg

And for the main event, Sapphire's Nitro variant in a completely new (and minimalistic) design:

SAPPHIRE-Radeon-RX-480-NITRO-2.jpg

SAPPHIRE-Radeon-RX-480-NITRO-1.jpg

According to Videocardz, the Rx480 should hit stores by the 29th of June, and reviewers should already have their hands on the card.

Most Radeon RX 480 cards that will be released on June 29th will be equipped with 8GB GDDR5 memory. 4GB models are also expected, but availability of such cards will depend on AIBs.

The Rx480 should be priced around 199$ for the 4GB reference model, and 229-249$ for the reference 8GB version.

As tradition states, @LinusTech has to drop the card (like he did with the FuryX, that broke). Since Linus didn't have access to the card before, he had to take "measures":

BraveWhichDolphin-size_restricted.gif

Sources: http://videocardz.com/60992/sapphire-radeon-rx-480-nitro-pictured (article)

http://www.hwbattle.com/bbs/board.php?bo_table=hardwareboard&wr_id=14816&ckattempt=1 (reference picture)

Update:

During the tech show, Tech Gaming Weekly with Joker from Joker Productions and techyescity, Sapphire Ed as a guest showed off the new cooler of the Sapphire Rx480 custom cooler. Yes it's the same as the leak, but just looks a lot nicer in black:

RYKE2v4.jpg

76ced3a60c.jpg

As stated by AMD, the pin set for DVI is left on the PCB's, so the GPU itself does support DVI. Sapphire decided to include DVI on their custom card, which can be spotted above.

I don't know why though, as this makes it impossible to do a single slot water cooled setup, and a simple displayport to dvi adapter is cheap to make and include (as it is on some of the reference Rx480's).

I honestly think the card looks really nice in black, and reminds me of the 700 series EVGA coolers, that was sweet af.

Update:

Sapphire's nitro comes with replaceable fans similar to server setups:

Source: 

Watching Intel have competition is like watching a headless chicken trying to get out of a mine field

CPU: Intel I7 4790K@4.6 with NZXT X31 AIO; MOTHERBOARD: ASUS Z97 Maximus VII Ranger; RAM: 8 GB Kingston HyperX 1600 DDR3; GFX: ASUS R9 290 4GB; CASE: Lian Li v700wx; STORAGE: Corsair Force 3 120GB SSD; Samsung 850 500GB SSD; Various old Seagates; PSU: Corsair RM650; MONITOR: 2x 20" Dell IPS; KEYBOARD/MOUSE: Logitech K810/ MX Master; OS: Windows 10 Pro

oh god this card is ugly. i like the old color pallet more. (i could always paint it tho)

Specs: CPU: I5 6600K (4.5 GHZ), GPU: RX 480 (stock), Mobo: MSI Z170A tomahawk AC, RAM: Corsair 16GB drr4 2600, CASE: NZXT S340, storage 240GB crusial SSD and a 1TB WD HHD

better than any 1080 in looks so far.

Before you buy amp and dac.  My thoughts on the M50x  Ultimate Ears Reference monitor review I might have a thing for audio...

My main Headphones and IEMs:  K612 pro, HD 25 and Ultimate Ears Reference Monitor, HD 580 with HD 600 grills

DAC and AMP: RME ADI 2 DAC

Speakers: Genelec 8040, System Audio SA205

Receiver: Denon AVR-1612

Desktop: R7 1700, GTX 1080  RX 580 8GB and other stuff

Laptop: ThinkPad P50: i7 6820HQ, M2000M. ThinkPad T420s: i7 2640M, NVS 4200M

Feel free to pm me if you have a question for me or quote me. If you want to hear what I have to say about something just tag me.

2 minutes ago, kelvindeschutter said:

oh god this card is ugly. i like the old design more.

ikr it looks really old

Why Sapphire ... why ...

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5800X GPU: Nvidia RTX 3080 12GB + Motherboard: Asus Crosshair VIII Hero

Case: Asus ROG Strix Helios Gundam Edition Power Supply: Asus ROG Thor 850P

I think it looks sexy, you guys need to get better taste in women  GPU's.

let us all remember now and today, computers do not like abuse, they will fight back!

Old Skool KILLBOX. XEON E5640 4.0ghz / ASUS P6X58D-E ~ Noctua NH-L12 ~ eVGA GTX 670 SC 2GB 1312/7000 ~ 4TB 7200 RPM RAID0 ~ CoolerMaster Haf 922 ~ DELL P214H 23" 1080 IPS 2ms ~ HP w2007v 1680x1050. Now Playing: Splinter Cell OG XBOX / CSGO PC

Original XBOX - Xecuter 2 4981.67 Bios. Playstation 2 Slim SCPH-70002. Sega Dreamcast. N64

Really like the blower minimalistic design. Definitely like it more than the new Nvidia blowers

Archangel (Desktop) CPU: i5 4590 GPU:Asus R9 280  3GB RAM:HyperX Beast 2x4GBPSU:SeaSonic S12G 750W Mobo:GA-H97m-HD3 Case:CM Silencio 650 Storage:1 TB WD Red
Celestial (Laptop 1) CPU:i7 4720HQ GPU:GTX 860M 4GB RAM:2x4GB SK Hynix DDR3Storage: 250GB 850 EVO Model:Lenovo Y50-70
Seraph (Laptop 2) CPU:i7 6700HQ GPU:GTX 970M 3GB RAM:2x8GB DDR4Storage: 256GB Samsung 951 + 1TB Toshiba HDD Model:Asus GL502VT

Windows 10 is now MSX! - http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/440190-can-we-start-calling-windows-10/page-6

The back plate looks interesting. the nitro cool is a bit to simple for my taste.

if you want to annoy me, then join my teamspeak server ts.benja.cc

1 minute ago, rowanhazard said:

ikr it looks really old

updated my original post so that its made clear that i hate the color they have chosen

Specs: CPU: I5 6600K (4.5 GHZ), GPU: RX 480 (stock), Mobo: MSI Z170A tomahawk AC, RAM: Corsair 16GB drr4 2600, CASE: NZXT S340, storage 240GB crusial SSD and a 1TB WD HHD

1 minute ago, kelvindeschutter said:

updated my original post so that its made clear that i hate the color they have chosen

Ok, and I'm saying it looks old. 

2 minutes ago, TheRandomness said:

Ofc they don't show the power connectors.

1X 6-pin most likely. And it will also be enough most likely.

I have such a niche problem with the Nitro and many other "gaming edition" cards, those PCB-taller-than-expansion-slot designs don't fit into my case. I literally have 10mm clearance over the expansion slots.

We have a NEW and GLORIOUSER-ER-ER PSU Tier List Now. (dammit @LukeSavenije stop coming up with new ones)

You can check out the old one that gave joy to so many across the land here

Computer having a hard time powering on? Troubleshoot it with this guide. (Currently looking for suggestions to update it into the context of <current year> and make it its own thread)

Computer Specs:

Spoiler

Mathresolvermajig: Intel Xeon E3 1240 (Sandy Bridge i7 equivalent)

Chillinmachine: Noctua NH-C14S
Framepainting-inator: EVGA GTX 1080 Ti SC2 Hybrid

Attachcorethingy: Gigabyte H61M-S2V-B3

Infoholdstick: Corsair 2x4GB DDR3 1333

Computerarmor: Silverstone RL06 "Lookalike"

Rememberdoogle: 1TB HDD + 120GB TR150 + 240 SSD Plus + 1TB MX500

AdditionalPylons: Phanteks AMP! 550W (based on Seasonic GX-550)

Letterpad: Rosewill Apollo 9100 (Cherry MX Red)

Buttonrodent: Razer Viper Mini + Huion H430P drawing Tablet

Auralnterface: Sennheiser HD 6xx

Liquidrectangles: LG 27UK850-W 4K HDR

3 minutes ago, TheRandomness said:

Ofc they don't change the power connectors (8 pin pls.)

From what I can see, the Nitro doesn't have the power connector showing, so it could very well be an 8-pin (probably not... yet).

The first picture is their reference design (unless I've completely misread the whole post).

4 minutes ago, TheRandomness said:

8 pin vs 6 pin from my understanding is just two extra ground, no additional power is given to the card.

i7-6700k  Cooling: Deepcool Captain 240EX White GPU: GTX 1080Ti EVGA FTW3 Mobo: AsRock Z170 Extreme4 Case: Phanteks P400s TG Special Black/White PSU: EVGA 850w GQ Ram: 64GB (3200Mhz 16x4 Corsair Vengeance RGB) Storage 1x 1TB Seagate Barracuda 240GBSandisk SSDPlus, 480GB OCZ Trion 150, 1TB Crucial NVMe
(Rest of Specs on Profile)

3 minutes ago, Energycore said:

I have such a niche problem with the Nitro and many other "gaming edition" cards, those PCB-taller-than-expansion-slot designs don't fit into my case. I literally have 10mm clearance over the expansion slots.

Yeah I imagine it will be a close one with the NCase too, but the Dancase seems to fit. Mostly it's down to the power connector though.

6 minutes ago, TheRandomness said:

I don't see a need for it. When even the 1080 don't actually need it, unless you want to do LN2 OC, I doubt a card at a lower segment needs it. This should be an under 150w tdp card.

Watching Intel have competition is like watching a headless chicken trying to get out of a mine field

CPU: Intel I7 4790K@4.6 with NZXT X31 AIO; MOTHERBOARD: ASUS Z97 Maximus VII Ranger; RAM: 8 GB Kingston HyperX 1600 DDR3; GFX: ASUS R9 290 4GB; CASE: Lian Li v700wx; STORAGE: Corsair Force 3 120GB SSD; Samsung 850 500GB SSD; Various old Seagates; PSU: Corsair RM650; MONITOR: 2x 20" Dell IPS; KEYBOARD/MOUSE: Logitech K810/ MX Master; OS: Windows 10 Pro

3 minutes ago, DarkBlade2117 said:

8 pin vs 6 pin from my understanding is just two extra ground, no additional power is given to the card.

6 pin = 75W. 8 pin = 150W. Massive difference. Although I do believe you're correct that the two extra pins are just ground.

1 minute ago, Notional said:

Yeah I imagine it will be a close one with the NCase too, but the Dancase seems to fit. Mostly it's down to the power connector though.

I don't see a need for it. When even the 1080 don't actually need it, unless you want to do LN2 OC, I doubt a card at a lower segment needs it. This should be an under 150w tdp card.

I remember a look at AMD's numbers on card efficiency vs the 1080 that suggested they'll pull 90-95W at full load. That's GTX 950 levels of power consumption, a single 6-pin should be fine although I'd like to pick up a model with a single 8-pin for the sake of aesthetics.

We have a NEW and GLORIOUSER-ER-ER PSU Tier List Now. (dammit @LukeSavenije stop coming up with new ones)

Computer having a hard time powering on? Troubleshoot it with this guide. (Currently looking for suggestions to update it into the context of <current year> and make it its own thread)

Computer Specs:

Spoiler

9 minutes ago, Energycore said:

Get a better case? c:

7 minutes ago, SteveGrabowski0 said:

All the cards look ugly AF this generation. Why would Sapphire change this, which looked amazing?

-snips-

The middle fan on mine rattles :<

6 minutes ago, DarkBlade2117 said:

Pulled from <google>:

8(6+2) pin = 150W~

6 pin = 75W~

Yes I know these are old specs but it's only what I can find...

4 minutes ago, Notional said:

8 pin = More power + Binned chip = Better overclocking?

USEFUL LINKS:

PSU Tier List F@H stats

1 minute ago, TheRandomness said:

Pulled from <google>:

8(6+2) pin = 150W~

6 pin = 75W~

Yes I know these are old specs but it's only what I can find...

You need to factor in the PCIe connector's 75W too.

2 minutes ago, TheRandomness said:

Get a better case? c:

You don't understand, man. This case and I have history!

I'll admit it was a pretty bad case. Then I moddded the shit out of it (not done yet, gonna punch a hole for a 240mm rad and a shroud on top).

Computer Specs:

Spoiler