Infinite warfare finally reaches 2 million dislikes, your thoughts?

asim1999

Your thoughts? I think that all the hate is due to BF1 as well as people accusing the game of ripping off the game of their founders which they fired (Titanfall). To me, it looks like a mix of both factors as well as people accusing it of looking like Halo and Star Wars which I do agree with to some degree. 

'I will not pick this game up, but I might get Modern Warfare Remastered if they finally release that separately. I will however be trying out both the COD and BF1 betas

Will you pick the game up and what are your thoughts? 

Current Rig:   CPU: AMD 1950X @4Ghz. Cooler: Enermax Liqtech TR4 360. Motherboard:Asus Zenith Extreme. RAM: 8GB Crucial DDR4 3666. GPU: Reference GTX 970  SSD: 250GB Samsung 970 EVO.  HDD: Seagate Barracuda 7200.14 2TB. Case: Phanteks Enthoo Pro. PSU: Corsair RM1000X. OS: Windows 10 Pro UEFI mode  (installed on SSD)

Peripherals:  Display: Acer XB272 1080p 240Hz G Sync Keyboard: Corsair K95 RGB Brown Mouse: Logitech G502 RGB Headhet: Roccat XTD 5.1 analogue

Daily Devices:Sony Xperia XZ1 Compact and 128GB iPad Pro

Since COD: Ghosts (i think), it's all been futuristic warfare, not modern, futuristic (jetpacks and shit), and people got bored. Battlefield listened to the community and made a WW2 game which a lot of us (including me) want nowdays, we miss those days. Let's just hope EA won't fuck up BF1 with like 3 online maps and if you want more you can buy 10 more for 100$, let's just hope they keep it cool.

2 minutes ago, Zeinone said:

Since COD: Ghosts (i think), it's all been futuristic warfare, not modern, futuristic (jetpacks and shit), and people got bored. Battlefield listened to the community and made a WW2 game which a lot of us (including me) want nowdays, we miss those days. Let's just hope EA won't fuck up BF1 with like 3 online maps and if you want more you can buy 10 more for 100$, let's just hope they keep it cool.

It's WW1 though.

The trailer for CoD was just really, really poorly made. No one wants to sit and watch a three minute trailer with slow music. Plus, people are just hopping on the bandwagon and disliking CoD at this point. If you actually like CoD and say it, you'll just get a bunch of hate. It's disgusting, IMO, because CoD is still fun for what it is (Battlefield and CoD are not trying to be the same thing).

waaaaaaaay to futuristic

can't we have it like MW2/3?

they were perfect and Black Ops 1/2/ and 3 was good too but a lil' too far in future but still they balanced it a little

Well, now you're reading this, I might as well inspire you with a deep quote

If you fall, I'll be there

- Floor

so inspiring, so deep, the feels ;-;  THE FEELS ;-;

Newer Build which I'm gonna buy when I haz moneyz

CPU: Intel Core i5-4440 3.1GHz Quad-Core Processor  (£0.00)
CPU Cooler: be quiet! PURE ROCK 51.7 CFM Sleeve Bearing CPU Cooler  (£25.98 @ Novatech)
Motherboard: MSI B85-G43 GAMING ATX LGA1150 Motherboard  (£78.10 @ Amazon UK)
Memory: Kingston HyperX FURY 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR3-1600 Memory  (£0.00)
Memory: Kingston HyperX FURY 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR3-1600 Memory  (£29.76 @ Ebuyer)
Storage: Seagate Barracuda 2TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive  (£0.00)
Video Card: MSI Radeon R9 380 4GB Video Card  (£179.99 @ Amazon UK)
Case: Corsair 780T ATX Full Tower Case  (£149.99 @ Amazon UK)
Power Supply: EVGA SuperNOVA G2 550W 80+ Gold Certified Fully-Modular ATX Power Supply  (£70.97 @ Amazon UK)
Optical Drive: Asus DRW-24B1ST/BLK/B/AS DVD/CD Writer  (Purchased For £0.00)
Operating System: Microsoft Windows 8.1 OEM (64-bit)  (£59.00 @ Amazon UK)
Wireless Network Adapter: TP-Link TL-WDN4800 802.11a/b/g/n PCI-Express x1 Wi-Fi Adapter  (£24.99 @ Amazon UK)
Keyboard: Corsair K95 RGB Wired Gaming Keyboard  (£184.99 @ Amazon UK)
Total: £803.77

somethings says '£0.00' because I already bought them

probably best remix out there

If I follow you, consider your self lucky, I rarely follow people and when I do it's either because

1) I look up to you

2)I like your picture

3) Or you have an epic ass rig (40 titan x's 9 6700k's clocked at 29GHz that is what I call a epic ass rig, but no one has that soo...)

4 minutes ago, Zeinone said:

I am surprised that a game website  leaked bf1 at the start of the year and everyone dismissed it

Current Rig:   CPU: AMD 1950X @4Ghz. Cooler: Enermax Liqtech TR4 360. Motherboard:Asus Zenith Extreme. RAM: 8GB Crucial DDR4 3666. GPU: Reference GTX 970  SSD: 250GB Samsung 970 EVO.  HDD: Seagate Barracuda 7200.14 2TB. Case: Phanteks Enthoo Pro. PSU: Corsair RM1000X. OS: Windows 10 Pro UEFI mode  (installed on SSD)

Peripherals:  Display: Acer XB272 1080p 240Hz G Sync Keyboard: Corsair K95 RGB Brown Mouse: Logitech G502 RGB Headhet: Roccat XTD 5.1 analogue

7 minutes ago, LynxThe1st said:

waaaaaaaay to futuristic

they were perfect and Black Ops 1/2/ and 3 was good too but a lil' too far in future but still they balanced it a little

BO1 was set in the Cold War and BO2 in near future 

As I've mentioned in a few other places on the forum, the number of dislikes may be interesting, but I don't think it's of any consequence at all to Infinity Ward. I expect most people mass-disliking the trailer had no intention of playing a Call of Duty game to begin with, and the rest are probably going to buy it regardless of how they felt about the announcement trailer.

It's going sell millions upon millions of copies no matter what negative press it receives, because it is Call of Duty and because this is the games industry.

3 hours ago, LynxThe1st said:

waaaaaaaay to futuristic

Whoa whoa slow down there, let's not ask for a rehash of the hackers paradise that was MW3.

I'd be down for an IWNet collectors edition containing MW1+2 bundled with a WaW reimagining/HD Remake.

Now we just wait for NTAuthority to make an announcement regarding a new AlterIWNet, and open source the code this time. :)

Desktop: KiRaShi-Intel-2022 (i5-12600K, RTX2060) Mobile: OnePlus 5T | Koodo - 75GB Data + Data Rollover for $45/month
Laptop: Dell XPS 15 9560 (the real 15" MacBook Pro that Apple didn't make) Tablet: iPad Mini 5 | Lenovo IdeaPad Duet 10.1
Camera: Canon M6 Mark II | Canon Rebel T1i (500D) | Canon SX280 | Panasonic TS20D Music: Spotify Premium (CIRCA '08)

1 minute ago, kirashi said:

Whoa whoa slow down there, let's not ask for a rehash of the hackers paradise that was MW3.

I'd be down for an IWNet collectors edition containing MW1+2 bundled with a WaW reimagining/HD Remake.

Now we just wait for NTAuthority to make an announcement regarding a new AlterIWNet, and open source the code this time. :)

3 hours late, eh?

Well, now you're reading this, I might as well inspire you with a deep quote

If you fall, I'll be there

- Floor

so inspiring, so deep, the feels ;-;  THE FEELS ;-;

Newer Build which I'm gonna buy when I haz moneyz

CPU: Intel Core i5-4440 3.1GHz Quad-Core Processor  (£0.00)
CPU Cooler: be quiet! PURE ROCK 51.7 CFM Sleeve Bearing CPU Cooler  (£25.98 @ Novatech)
Motherboard: MSI B85-G43 GAMING ATX LGA1150 Motherboard  (£78.10 @ Amazon UK)
Memory: Kingston HyperX FURY 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR3-1600 Memory  (£0.00)
Memory: Kingston HyperX FURY 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR3-1600 Memory  (£29.76 @ Ebuyer)
Storage: Seagate Barracuda 2TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive  (£0.00)
Video Card: MSI Radeon R9 380 4GB Video Card  (£179.99 @ Amazon UK)
Case: Corsair 780T ATX Full Tower Case  (£149.99 @ Amazon UK)
Power Supply: EVGA SuperNOVA G2 550W 80+ Gold Certified Fully-Modular ATX Power Supply  (£70.97 @ Amazon UK)
Optical Drive: Asus DRW-24B1ST/BLK/B/AS DVD/CD Writer  (Purchased For £0.00)
Operating System: Microsoft Windows 8.1 OEM (64-bit)  (£59.00 @ Amazon UK)
Wireless Network Adapter: TP-Link TL-WDN4800 802.11a/b/g/n PCI-Express x1 Wi-Fi Adapter  (£24.99 @ Amazon UK)
Keyboard: Corsair K95 RGB Wired Gaming Keyboard  (£184.99 @ Amazon UK)
Total: £803.77

somethings says '£0.00' because I already bought them

probably best remix out there

If I follow you, consider your self lucky, I rarely follow people and when I do it's either because

1) I look up to you

2)I like your picture

3) Or you have an epic ass rig (40 titan x's 9 6700k's clocked at 29GHz that is what I call a epic ass rig, but no one has that soo...)

3 minutes ago, LynxThe1st said:

3 hours late, eh?

Yup; how it works around here when one has work to do.

Was mostly joking regarding your comments because, other than the cheaters on MW3, I too thought MW2+3, and MW1, were all perfected games.

I only wish they opened MW2+3 to the modding community in the same way as MW1, but then they couldn't sell us 3 maps for $100.

Desktop: KiRaShi-Intel-2022 (i5-12600K, RTX2060) Mobile: OnePlus 5T | Koodo - 75GB Data + Data Rollover for $45/month
Laptop: Dell XPS 15 9560 (the real 15" MacBook Pro that Apple didn't make) Tablet: iPad Mini 5 | Lenovo IdeaPad Duet 10.1
Camera: Canon M6 Mark II | Canon Rebel T1i (500D) | Canon SX280 | Panasonic TS20D Music: Spotify Premium (CIRCA '08)

Battlefield devs listened and made a WW2 game

Cod devs didn't listened and made another shitty futuristic game

5 hours ago, typographie said:

As I've mentioned in a few other places on the forum, the number of dislikes may be interesting, but I don't think it's of any consequence at all to Infinity Ward. I expect most people mass-disliking the trailer had no intention of playing a Call of Duty game to begin with, and the rest are probably going to buy it regardless of how they felt about the announcement trailer.

It's going sell millions upon millions of copies no matter what negative press it receives, because it is Call of Duty and because this is the games industry.

They definitely won't sell as much though

It looks quite alright to me.  Some of the vibes are a bit too Starship Troopers movie for me to ignore, but as long as it doesn't take itself too seriously, it should come off just fine.  It's about damn time we got a good sci-fi shooter out into the world, and I'm surprised it's CoD that will be doing it, but whatever.  A game is a game. 

On 5/13/2016 at 4:41 PM, theninja35 said:

The trailer for CoD was just really, really poorly made.

This is it for me. While Infinite Warfare itself doesn't really interest me (MW remastered though...) the trailer itself was just boring. It just felt very generic, cliche and uninspired (I'm talking about the trailer, not the game/series...though that could be argued as well, but that's not what this is about). I think some of the dislikes are over the news that MW Remastered will not be available as a stand-alone game. You have to own IW to get it. Which is absolute horseshit.

Honestly it looks cool, but it doesn't look like call of duty. It really does look like Halo or Titanfall, and this is coming from a die-hard Halo fan, so I know the series too well. If the game weren't called Call of Duty and featured a completely revamped combat/leveling/equipment system, I would be curious and buy it. As it stands though, it's just another great way of dying fast while a thirteen year old talks about how he banged your mom, only now your corpse floats away in space.

Ryzen 7 3700X

Aorus GTX 1080ti

G.Skill TridentZ 3200MHz 2x8GB

Corsair SFX 750W

Phanteks Evolve Shift Air (glass front)

2x Corsair Force GS 120GB SSD (RAID 0)

Apparently it will have a similar movement system to black ops 3 so now it will definitely be a titanfall ripoff ll

I couldn't care less on how many dislikes it has, I stopped playing when it went full retard with wall running etc. If Modern Warfare Remastered gets released separately I will get it but knowing Activision they wont give it to us so I'll pass on it. My dream was MW, WAW, MW2 and BO1 remastered on one disk but that will never happen. 

5 years eating shit over and over again, now there is space battles and different planets... and this happens... unbelievable

CoD is a VERY different game to what it used to be. Used to be one of the best military shooters back in the day. It actually boasted about its realism back when CoD2 was released. So us "earlier" CoD players will always compare the newer titles to the 'better' days, thus the amount of hate the series gets these days. Not only that, the newer CoD players that believe that black ops 1 was the first ever call of duty usually consist of loud-mouth under-age kids or disrespectful late-teen idiots. The community on CoD these days is horrendous.

Battlefield 'generally' has a more mature fan-base due to it's more 'tactical' nature. Much more of a pleasure to play online.

But back on topic, I will not be buying this. It's just gonna be the same, rehashed run 'n' gun crap, only with it being around space. I cannot for the life of me figure out why the devs get their funding from. Every iteration, more and more people complain about the games they release, but they seem to be getting money from somewhere.

EVE (My Gaming Build)

Motherboard: Asus Maximus VII Ranger - CPU: Intel i5 4690k @ Stock Speeds - Cooling: Phanteks TC-12DX - PSU: Corsair RM750 - GPU: MSI GTX 1070 - Storage: 1x 120gb Samsung 830 Evo SSD (OS Drive) | 1x 120gb Hyperx 3k SSD (Audio Editing) | 1x 480gb Sandisk Ultra II SSD (Games) | 1x 1TB Hard Drive (Mass Storage) - Case: NZXT Phantom 530 - Misc: NZXT Hue RGB LED and controller

6 hours ago, ThatCarlosGuy said:

CoD is a VERY different game to what it used to be. Used to be one of the best military shooters back in the day. It actually boasted about its realism back when CoD2 was released. So us "earlier" CoD players will always compare the newer titles to the 'better' days, thus the amount of hate the series gets these days. Not only that, the newer CoD players that believe that black ops 1 was the first ever call of duty usually consist of loud-mouth under-age kids or disrespectful late-teen idiots. The community on CoD these days is horrendous.

Battlefield 'generally' has a more mature fan-base due to it's more 'tactical' nature. Much more of a pleasure to play online.

But back on topic, I will not be buying this. It's just gonna be the same, rehashed run 'n' gun crap, only with it being around space. I cannot for the life of me figure out why the devs get their funding from. Every iteration, more and more people complain about the games they release, but they seem to be getting money from somewhere.

Well they get all their.money from the parents of the annoying squeakers on Xbox live 

On 5/13/2016 at 3:51 PM, typographie said:

I put my money on the fact that it won't be selling as good as black ops 3 and so on 

Don't call me a nerd, it makes me look slightly smarter than you

No joke, after about the fifth game they introduced I thought i was an already recycled game. Why cant they just make a totally different game that people will like? I also found that their games are quite boring so never bought any after the first :)

My Rig:

Xeon E5 1680 V2 @ 4.5GHz - Asus Rampage IV Extreme X79 Mobo - 64GB DDR3 1600MHz - 8 x 8GB Corsair Vengeance Low Profile - CAS 10-10-10-27 - AMD Radeon RX 6700XT Sapphire Pulse 12GB - DeepCool E-Shield E-ATX Tempered Glass Case - 1 x 1TB Crucial P1 NVMe SSD - BeQuiet Straight Power 11 850W Gold+ Quad rail - Fractal Design Celsius S36 & 6 x 120mm silent fans - Lenovo KBBH21 - Corsair Glaive RGB Pro - Windows 10 Pro 64-Bit

Monitors - 3 x Acer Nitro 23.8" 1080p 75Hz IPS 1ms Freesync Panels = AMD Eyefinity @ 75Hz

Just love how after TitanFall came out COD just took all their mechanics and put it into their game minus the mechs and the bigger maps.

CPU: 6700K Case: Corsair Air 740 CPU Cooler: H110i GTX Storage: 2x250gb SSD 960gb SSD PSU: Corsair 1200watt GPU: EVGA 1080ti FTW3 RAM: 16gb DDR4 

Other Stuffs: Red sleeved cables, White LED lighting 2 noctua fans on cpu cooler and Be Quiet PWM fans on case.

12 minutes ago, MadyTehWolfie said:

Just love how after TitanFall came out COD just took all their mechanics and put it into their game minus the mechs and the bigger maps.

True. Funny considering that they are copying the people they fired 

EDIT: and judging by the trailer there might be space mechs 

Just now, asim1999 said:

True. Funny considering that they are copying the people they fired 

Im surprised the devs of titanfall didn't take legal action, in my mind they would have every right least in my mind I find it justifiable.

CPU: 6700K Case: Corsair Air 740 CPU Cooler: H110i GTX Storage: 2x250gb SSD 960gb SSD PSU: Corsair 1200watt GPU: EVGA 1080ti FTW3 RAM: 16gb DDR4 

Other Stuffs: Red sleeved cables, White LED lighting 2 noctua fans on cpu cooler and Be Quiet PWM fans on case.