Nvidia GTX 1080 and 1070 Announced

Division in 4k on 1080

Edit: seems they removed the video.

anyway it ran 43 ish fps average i presume max settings and with gsync

Oh this looks good. This looks real good. Real benchmarks are all that matter though.

ExMachina (2016-Present) i7-6700k/GTX970/32GB RAM/250GB SSD

Picard II (2015-Present) Surface Pro 4 i5-6300U/8GB RAM/256GB SSD

LlamaBox (2014-Present) i7-4790k/GTX 980Ti/16GB RAM/500GB SSD/Asus ROG Swift

Kronos (2009-2014) i7-920/GTX680/12GB RAM/120GB SSD

1 hour ago, Valentyn said:

1.2 x for current game performance, and 2x for VR performance in one of their demos.

Dammit Jensen quit pulling that shit

5 hours ago, OddsCrazyStuff said:

So 4 way SLI would only draw 720W, meaning you can get away with a 1000W for that system.

And is it just me or did they mess up somewhere? I though 8-pin was 150W only.

The whole PCI-E power spec is quite old. Since any card can easily draw far more power through the connectors if pushed. 

For instance in extreme circumstances a 980Ti cooled by LN2 pushing 1800MHz+ with 1.6V+ will draw 1000W+ easily. 

The PCI-E power spec thing is silly. 

Our Grace. The Feathered One. He shows us the way. His bob is majestic and shows us the path. Follow unto his guidance and His example. He knows the one true path. Our Saviour. Our Grace. Our Father Birb has taught us with His humble heart and gentle wing the way of the bob. Let us show Him our reverence and follow in His example. The True Path of the Feathered One. ~ Dimboble-dubabob III

wrong topic..

Edited by Zuse 3

I want to see benchmarks. I really want a 1080 for the new memory, but the 1070 will probably fit my needs just fine. I mean i am still playing at 1680x1050. Huge jump from a 750 ti. 

2 hours ago, cesrai said:

@Prysin Can we get a picture ? 

Also what difference does it make ? Personally I think they should've done the same thing as powercolor and just use 4 8 pins ( standards are made for a reason )

i dun have the box anymore.

The 295x2s manual however specifies CLEARLY that each connector needs a minimum of 28amps EACH, supplied to them. This means that not every PSU is able to power this card. As many PSUs, whilst not required to, are still limited to 20amps per rail.

Also, the whole "standard" you are referring to is the ATX Spec.

If you go to wikipedia and look up "ATX Specification" you will see that the whole 20amp per rail thing was removed march 2007. Since then you can push however much power you want.

If you look up the 295x2 on AMDs site, you will find that they ONLY reccomend a specific set of PSUs for that GPU, BECAUSE SAID PSUs COMES WITH THICKER POWER CABLES.

The 8-pin is RATED to 150w MINIMUM. You see, a rating is not a MAXIMUM, it is a MINIMUM. No law EVER states that it can "MAXIMUM 150W". Because that would cause the PSU manufacturers to cheap out big time. It is a MINIMUM SPECIFICATION!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

If you had a clue about electricity, and knew a thing or two about electrotechnical you would know that whilst a 8-pin is RATED for 150w, its actual capacity (before the connectors or wires will melt) is 296w. 

If you look at PSU manufacturers, you will see that some allow up to 40amps per 12v connector. The Corsair RM series goes to 30amp, the AX to 40amp per connector.

If Corsair knew this could cause a fire, they wouldn't have done this. As Corsair would be held liable for the fire if they allowed dangerously high loads.

If you search through my posted threads, i have one where i do thermal imaging of my 295x2 under 7-10% OC at max load. Even then, the connectors DIDNT go above 70c.

For your info, international electric wire manufacturers are required to have their PVC insulation withstand AT LEAST 70c before releasing vapors. When PVC is heated to OVER 70c it starts releasing toxic vapors that can have an negative health effect on anyone being exposed to it over prolonged periods of time.

But hey, you can bitch all you want about moronic pedantic and irrelevant specifications that has nothing to do with the actual safety of the product. The only reason you WOULD argue against the R9 295x2 is because you have no clue about wires, their tolerances and how electricity works. By now you may be tempted to say what everyone else seems to do when faced with my arguments will probably just do the same old "im an electrical engineer and know everything there is about wires". 

Well, i'm and electrician, and i handle, maintain and operate wires and actual loads in actual live conditions on a daily basis.

I got thermal measurements, mathematics and experience on my side of the argument.

6 minutes ago, Prysin said:

If you search through my posted threads, i have one where i do thermal imaging of my 295x2 under 7-10% OC at max load. Even then, the connectors DIDNT go above 70c.

Will do. Also, I apologise for my ignorance and causing you to lose your "cool".

ﷲ   Muslim Member  ﷲ

KennyS and ScreaM are my role models in CSGO.

CPU: i3-4130 Motherboard: Gigabyte H81M-S2PH RAM: 8GB Kingston hyperx fury HDD: WD caviar black 1TB GPU: MSI 750TI twin frozr II Case: Aerocool Xpredator X3 PSU: Corsair RM650

The want is real but all I play is CSGO and my 960 is more than capable for that.

so who else is gonna spend their tax return on this card? 

7 minutes ago, cptmarko said:

so who else is gonna spend their tax return on this card? 

This card is not worthy of spending my tax return on. Now the Titan? Yes.

CPU: Intel Core i7 7820X Cooling: Corsair Hydro Series H110i GTX Mobo: MSI X299 Gaming Pro Carbon AC RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 (3000MHz/16GB 2x8) SSD: 2x Samsung 850 Evo (250/250GB) + Samsung 850 Pro (512GB) GPU: NVidia GeForce GTX 1080 Ti FE (W/ EVGA Hybrid Kit) Case: Corsair Graphite Series 760T (Black) PSU: SeaSonic Platinum Series (860W) Monitor: Acer Predator XB241YU (165Hz / G-Sync) Fan Controller: NZXT Sentry Mix 2 Case Fans: Intake - 2x Noctua NF-A14 iPPC-3000 PWM / Radiator - 2x Noctua NF-A14 iPPC-3000 PWM / Rear Exhaust - 1x Noctua NF-F12 iPPC-3000 PWM

36 minutes ago, AyeJayKay said:

The want is real but all I play is CSGO and my 960 is more than capable for that.

Keep the 960 then. I'm keeping my 960 because I can't afford a card like this. :P