Or UNIX for that matter, eh? ;) 

anything that have a beginning will end eventually lol

so yes, the forum is dying :P as well as google or anything else

-sigh- feeling like I'm being too negative lately

On 5/4/2016 at 10:09 PM, Fulgrim said:

Still able to post here so i'm doing okay tbh. ヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノ

ヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノ

xD

Don't fail me now as i've failed you then.

2 hours ago, Octavialicious said:

yeah, happened to numerous of my friends

pretty messed up if you ask me, they all just disappear and no one notices

RIP :^(

I make bad life decisions.

2 hours ago, Snickerzz said:

Sooo replace goverment with mod team? ;)

5f4d993dca01177edc6699f114db7c95.jpg

Personally i've stopped coming for awhile because this turned into a college safe space and no one can take a joke, plus I get all my news that's posted here from reddit now and it's usually better than copy/paste and having the wrong formatting for night theme...

100% true.

I feel you fam.

oops. A doublepostio.

ok, a snippet from the Community Standards:

Moderation & Bans

• Do not openly discuss the moderation of any content or user. If you have an issue, please contact a staff member.
  • Do not backseat moderate – if there’s an issue, please use the report function.
  • Please be aware staff cannot see private messages unless they are reported.
  • If you have an issue with a moderator at any time, please contact an Administrator via PM

been a lot of chatter on bans and moderation and we'd like to keep that out of the public forums..

1 hour ago, airdeano said:

been a lot of chatter on bans and moderation and we'd like to keep that out of the public forums..

Well it's kinda hard for people who get banned to contact a staff member :^(

I feel sorry for those poor souls.

1 minute ago, lkarej said:

Well it's kinda hard for people who get banned to contact a staff member :^(

I feel sorry for those poor souls.

Obviously this is kind of one-sided since I don't know the details of any particular case, but in general, if someone gets banned, I have to assume they deserved it.  I don't think the staff just go around banning people for no reason...

Solve your own audio issues  |  First Steps with RPi 3  |  Humidity & Condensation  |  Sleep & Hibernation  |  Overclocking RAM  |  Making Backups  |  Displays  |  4K / 8K / 16K / etc.  |  Do I need 80+ Platinum?

If you can read this you're using the wrong theme.  You can change it at the bottom.

1 hour ago, Ryan_Vickers said:

but... Google :) 

Or UNIX for that matter, eh? ;) 

Traditional AT&T Style UNIX is dead.

Google. Remember The Q? It was killed by the Nexus Player.

1 minute ago, MagnesiumPC said:

Tradition AT&T Style UNIX is dead.

Google. Remember The Q? It was killed by the Nexus Player.

Well we're on version 2 or 3 of the forum now too, so I say it will live forever xD

Solve your own audio issues  |  First Steps with RPi 3  |  Humidity & Condensation  |  Sleep & Hibernation  |  Overclocking RAM  |  Making Backups  |  Displays  |  4K / 8K / 16K / etc.  |  Do I need 80+ Platinum?

If you can read this you're using the wrong theme.  You can change it at the bottom.

Keep in mind it'll also rise and fall with whatever is going on in the world - natural disasters, school holidays or holiday periods, exams for college/university, end of tax year..

1 hour ago, airdeano said:

May I ask a question?

Why?

I understand some people may spread false information, but why?

Just now, MagnesiumPC said:

Ah yes.

You seem to forget, this wasn't a forum a while back.

That blog site died.

https://web.archive.org/web/20080505084708/http://www.linustechtips.com/

Still feels like the opposite of a death.  There was so much life ready to flood into it that it had to upgrade from a one-sided blog to a vast community :D

7 minutes ago, Ryan_Vickers said:

Still feels like the opposite of a death.  There was so much life ready to flood into it that it had to upgrade from a one-sided blog to a vast community :D

You my sir are an optimist.

Quite a few people have left due to toxicity slowly rising (I'm partly to blame here myself I'd imagine).

Archangel (Desktop) CPU: i5 4590 GPU:Asus R9 280  3GB RAM:HyperX Beast 2x4GBPSU:SeaSonic S12G 750W Mobo:GA-H97m-HD3 Case:CM Silencio 650 Storage:1 TB WD Red
Celestial (Laptop 1) CPU:i7 4720HQ GPU:GTX 860M 4GB RAM:2x4GB SK Hynix DDR3Storage: 250GB 850 EVO Model:Lenovo Y50-70
Seraph (Laptop 2) CPU:i7 6700HQ GPU:GTX 970M 3GB RAM:2x8GB DDR4Storage: 256GB Samsung 951 + 1TB Toshiba HDD Model:Asus GL502VT

Windows 10 is now MSX! - http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/440190-can-we-start-calling-windows-10/page-6

People who just want answers come here, get them and go. Those people are most likely people who just found Linus's videos/forum. As for people who have been here for a while, not all people stay on their computers all day. They have jobs, school/college/university and most likely a social life. Plus there isn't that much news or tech coming out (until today) I'm just waiting for Nvidia's GPU launch. 

32 minutes ago, don_svetlio said:

Quite a few people have left due to toxicity slowly rising (I'm partly to blame here myself I'd imagine).

Well it's the internet, what are going to except? :P people are always going to be toxic no matter what. They get sad if you call a fanboy. Just ignore them or block them. 

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 5600X | CPU Cooler: Stock AMD Cooler | Motherboard: Asus ROG STRIX B550-F GAMING (WI-FI) | RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 16 GB (2 x 8 GB) DDR4-3000 CL16 | GPU: Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB Zotac Mini | Case: K280 Case | PSU: Cooler Master B600 Power supply | SSD: 1TB  | HDDs: 1x 250GB & 1x 1TB WD Blue | Monitors: 24" Acer S240HLBID + 24" Samsung  | OS: Win 10 Pro

Audio: Behringer Q802USB Xenyx 8 Input Mixer |  U-PHORIA UMC204HD | Behringer XM8500 Dynamic Cardioid Vocal Microphone | Sound Blaster Audigy Fx PCI-E card.

Home Lab:  Lenovo ThinkCenter M82 ESXi 6.7 | Lenovo M93 Tiny Exchange 2019 | TP-LINK TL-SG1024D 24-Port Gigabit | Cisco ASA 5506 firewall  | Cisco Catalyst 3750 Gigabit Switch | Cisco 2960C-LL | HP MicroServer G8 NAS | Custom built SCCM Server.

1 minute ago, Abdul201588 said:

People who just want answers come here, get them and go. Those people are most likely people who just found Linus's videos/forum. As for people who have been here for a while, not all people stay on their computers all day. They have jobs, school/college/university and most likely a social life. Plus there isn't that much news or tech coming out (until today) I'm just waiting for Nvidia's GPU launch. 

Well it's the internet, what are going to except? :P people are always going to be toxic no matter what. They get sad if you call a fanboy. Just ignore them or block them. 

Eh, I have a lot of travel time (2-3 hours daily) which I spend on LTT ^_^

As for fanboys and that type of stuff, everyone has their toxic outbreak once in a while (bad day, bad events, bad mood - lot's of causes).

Archangel (Desktop) CPU: i5 4590 GPU:Asus R9 280  3GB RAM:HyperX Beast 2x4GBPSU:SeaSonic S12G 750W Mobo:GA-H97m-HD3 Case:CM Silencio 650 Storage:1 TB WD Red
Celestial (Laptop 1) CPU:i7 4720HQ GPU:GTX 860M 4GB RAM:2x4GB SK Hynix DDR3Storage: 250GB 850 EVO Model:Lenovo Y50-70
Seraph (Laptop 2) CPU:i7 6700HQ GPU:GTX 970M 3GB RAM:2x8GB DDR4Storage: 256GB Samsung 951 + 1TB Toshiba HDD Model:Asus GL502VT

Windows 10 is now MSX! - http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/440190-can-we-start-calling-windows-10/page-6

5 minutes ago, don_svetlio said:

Eh, I have a lot of travel time (2-3 hours daily) which I spend on LTT ^_^

As for fanboys and that type of stuff, everyone has their toxic outbreak once in a while (bad day, bad events, bad mood - lot's of causes).

Damn, 2-3 hours. :o That is true, but I believe it mainly comes form the the fanboys/fan girls themselves. I've been called out, I just block them. :) 

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 5600X | CPU Cooler: Stock AMD Cooler | Motherboard: Asus ROG STRIX B550-F GAMING (WI-FI) | RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 16 GB (2 x 8 GB) DDR4-3000 CL16 | GPU: Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB Zotac Mini | Case: K280 Case | PSU: Cooler Master B600 Power supply | SSD: 1TB  | HDDs: 1x 250GB & 1x 1TB WD Blue | Monitors: 24" Acer S240HLBID + 24" Samsung  | OS: Win 10 Pro

Audio: Behringer Q802USB Xenyx 8 Input Mixer |  U-PHORIA UMC204HD | Behringer XM8500 Dynamic Cardioid Vocal Microphone | Sound Blaster Audigy Fx PCI-E card.

Home Lab:  Lenovo ThinkCenter M82 ESXi 6.7 | Lenovo M93 Tiny Exchange 2019 | TP-LINK TL-SG1024D 24-Port Gigabit | Cisco ASA 5506 firewall  | Cisco Catalyst 3750 Gigabit Switch | Cisco 2960C-LL | HP MicroServer G8 NAS | Custom built SCCM Server.

9 minutes ago, Abdul201588 said:

Damn, 2-3 hours. :o That is true, but I believe it mainly comes form the the fanboys/fan girls themselves. I've been called out, I just block them. :) 

While I agree, I always jump into the fray when fanboys are spreading misinformation

People, no moderation discussion. Any posts that deal with that will be removed, and if the moderation discussion continues, this thread will be locked.

"It pays to keep an open mind, but not so open your brain falls out." - Carl Sagan.

"I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you" - Edward I. Koch

Too much drama, too many abuse. 

Not worth my time -_-

i5 2400 | ASUS RTX 4090 TUF OC | Seasonic 1200W Prime Gold | WD Green 120gb | WD Blue 1tb | some ram | a random case

if this forum was truly dying the people posting a ranty status update about the forum every morning would be long gone to better places.

(you know who you are. dont react to this, just sit in a corner and think about your life for a minute.)

5 hours ago, lkarej said:

Yeah, probably. Just ask any of the long time members who aren't banned.

I can think of quite a few long time members that got banned.

First 3 that come to mind are Victorious Secret, Jerakl and Askew.

Highfive for Pyrrha.

This forum will only end whenever LMG doesn't exist anymore, they have too great of a following.

3 minutes ago, AlwaysFSX said:

Highfive for Pyrrha.

This forum will only end whenever LMG doesn't exist anymore, they have too great of a following.

The average user age, though, has dropped from 20 to 12

Just now, don_svetlio said:

The average user age, though, has dropped from 20 to 12

Doesn't surprise me, tech has been a growing interest with the growth of the internet in the past few years. More and more people are looking towards PCs as a platform because lately it's been offering better cost/performance than consoles have been.

Granted that leads to a more "opinionated" crowd that would rather have a belief and hold it rather than being objective and thinking rationally but what can you do.