This forum slowly dying?

Hunched

Few months ago it seemed like there were always 700-1000 members online.

Now it's always barely 400, so half of what it used to be.

It just seems like there's less overall activity, topics, posts.

Maybe my memory is just fucked and it was always like this, things seem slower though.

2 minutes ago, No said:

LinusTechTips.com shalt not die.

K.

Wasn't my question.

People be banned for calling out mods

People leaving because of all the ( no mentioning names ) stupid fucking people who still argue the same shit for months straight like FX-8350s are better than all of Intels processors or some B.S. that like a 380 is somehow slower than a 960.

i7-6700k  Cooling: Deepcool Captain 240EX White GPU: GTX 1080Ti EVGA FTW3 Mobo: AsRock Z170 Extreme4 Case: Phanteks P400s TG Special Black/White PSU: EVGA 850w GQ Ram: 64GB (3200Mhz 16x4 Corsair Vengeance RGB) Storage 1x 1TB Seagate Barracuda 240GBSandisk SSDPlus, 480GB OCZ Trion 150, 1TB Crucial NVMe
(Rest of Specs on Profile)

5 minutes ago, Hunched said:

Maybe my memory is just fucked and it was always like this, things seem slower though.

I haven't noticed it.

Is it possible there's just less topics popping up that you personally are interested in?

Almost as cool as my temps  

a few months ago that number was not "member" it was "people online" which included both members and guests

also right now is the slow time of night, most of the US is sleeping

Desktop%20Traffic%20Comparison%20(3).png

NEW PC build: Blank Heaven   minimalist white and black PC     Old S340 build log "White Heaven"        The "LIGHTCANON" flashlight build log        Project AntiRoll (prototype)        Custom speaker project

Spoiler

Ryzen 3950X | AMD Vega Frontier Edition | ASUS X570 Pro WS | Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | NZXT H500 | Seasonic Prime Fanless TX-700 | Custom loop | Coolermaster SK630 White | Logitech MX Master 2S | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB + 970 Pro 512GB | Samsung 58" 4k TV | Scarlett 2i4 | 2x AT2020

6 minutes ago, Enderman said:

a few months ago that number was not "member" it was "people online" which included both members and guests

Desktop%20Traffic%20Comparison%20(3).png

That makes sense.

7 minutes ago, Benergy said:

Is it possible there's just less topics popping up that you personally are interested in?

Possibly. Some of the sections I like seem to go quite some time without any new posts lately.

7 minutes ago, DarkBlade2117 said:

People be banned for calling out mods

Yea, some of the mods here are pretty bad. Seen long time users with thousands of posts perma banned for maybe swearing at someone or something.

Unless the majority of what someone posts is rule breaking or they do something crazy like post fucked up videos or images, perma bans shouldn't really happen.

If I tell someone to fuck off, and I have like 10k posts, and I rarely do that, I shouldn't be banned forever. 

That's a death sentence from the forums for something so minor, it's pretty retarded, but it has happened.

You could ban someone for a week or a month, that more than gets the point across to watch your actions.

4:44am in the UK and i'm still online...

Shot through the heart and you're to blame, 30fps and i'll pirate your game - Bon Jovi

Take me down to the console city where the games are blurry and the frames are thirty - Guns N' Roses

Arguing with religious people is like explaining to your mother that online games can't be paused...

2 minutes ago, Hunched said:

If I tell someone to fuck off, and I have like 10k posts, and I rarely do that, I shouldn't be banned forever. 

this doesnt happen

the people who get banned have said MANY things, and have gotten MANY warning points

NEW PC build: Blank Heaven   minimalist white and black PC     Old S340 build log "White Heaven"        The "LIGHTCANON" flashlight build log        Project AntiRoll (prototype)        Custom speaker project

Spoiler

Ryzen 3950X | AMD Vega Frontier Edition | ASUS X570 Pro WS | Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | NZXT H500 | Seasonic Prime Fanless TX-700 | Custom loop | Coolermaster SK630 White | Logitech MX Master 2S | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB + 970 Pro 512GB | Samsung 58" 4k TV | Scarlett 2i4 | 2x AT2020

There is not much new stuff to get excited about for now.

Also, competition have dwindled and twisted, and all the exciting stuff just seems to be coming much later than sooner.

PC tech isn't progressing nearly as fast as it used to a decade or two ago. Yeah, it is for of a multitude of reasons and unfortunate events, but it is what it is.

The problem is that this is an nVidia product and scoring any nVidia product a "zero" is also highly predictive of the number of nVidia products the reviewer will receive for review in the future.

On 2015-01-28 at 5:24 PM, Victorious Secret said:

Only yours, you don't shitpost on the same level that we can, mainly because this thread is finally dead and should be locked.

On 2016-06-07 at 11:25 PM, patrickjp93 said:

I wasn't wrong. It's extremely rare that I am. I provided sources as well. Different devs can disagree. Further, we now have confirmed discrepancy from Twitter about he use of the pre-release 1080 driver in AMD's demo despite the release 1080 driver having been out a week prior.

On 2016-09-10 at 4:32 PM, Hikaru12 said:

You apparently haven't seen his responses to questions on YouTube. He is very condescending and aggressive in his comments with which there is little justification. He acts totally different in his videos. I don't necessarily care for this content style and there is nothing really unique about him or his channel. His endless dick jokes and toilet humor are annoying as well.

5 minutes ago, Zodiark1593 said:

Likely things will pick up again for a bit when new GPUs are launching.

I agree.  when the new CPUs and gpus are released, things should pick up.  also it is turning to summer, who wants to sit at home all day?

1 minute ago, cpuwaiy said:

I agree.  when the new CPUs and gpus are released, things should pick up.  also it is turning to summer, who wants to sit at home all day?

When I'm on my day off from working. 

1 minute ago, cpuwaiy said:

also it is turning to summer, who wants to sit at home all day?

We're on a forum to discuss nerdy tech things. So probably a lot of the people here.

I mean, the stay in doors when it's nice out because I have an awesome PC I built demographic is probably pretty strong here :) 

30 minutes ago, Hunched said:

Here's a quick and incomplete list of stuff that is dying in the internet:

WoW.

EVE Online.

Starcraft.

AMD.

Analog Media.

Flight Simulator X.

I wouldn't worry too much about it. :)

We have a NEW and GLORIOUSER-ER-ER PSU Tier List Now. (dammit @LukeSavenije stop coming up with new ones)

You can check out the old one that gave joy to so many across the land here

Computer having a hard time powering on? Troubleshoot it with this guide. (Currently looking for suggestions to update it into the context of <current year> and make it its own thread)

Computer Specs:

Spoiler

Mathresolvermajig: Intel Xeon E3 1240 (Sandy Bridge i7 equivalent)

Chillinmachine: Noctua NH-C14S
Framepainting-inator: EVGA GTX 1080 Ti SC2 Hybrid

Attachcorethingy: Gigabyte H61M-S2V-B3

Infoholdstick: Corsair 2x4GB DDR3 1333

Computerarmor: Silverstone RL06 "Lookalike"

Rememberdoogle: 1TB HDD + 120GB TR150 + 240 SSD Plus + 1TB MX500

AdditionalPylons: Phanteks AMP! 550W (based on Seasonic GX-550)

Letterpad: Rosewill Apollo 9100 (Cherry MX Red)

Buttonrodent: Razer Viper Mini + Huion H430P drawing Tablet

Auralnterface: Sennheiser HD 6xx

Liquidrectangles: LG 27UK850-W 4K HDR

i only starting being active on here so i cant say if its slowing down or not. 

2 minutes ago, stconquest said:

You either adapt, or get banned.  ;)

Still able to post here so i'm doing okay tbh. ヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノ

Shot through the heart and you're to blame, 30fps and i'll pirate your game - Bon Jovi

Take me down to the console city where the games are blurry and the frames are thirty - Guns N' Roses

Arguing with religious people is like explaining to your mother that online games can't be paused...

"In the Tibetan philosophy, Sylvia Plath sense of the word. I know we’re all dying. But you’re not dying the way Chloe back there is dying."

- Tyler Durden

8 hours ago, Hunched said:

That makes sense.

Possibly. Some of the sections I like seem to go quite some time without any new posts lately.

Yea, some of the mods here are pretty bad. Seen long time users with thousands of posts perma banned for maybe swearing at someone or something.

Unless the majority of what someone posts is rule breaking or they do something crazy like post fucked up videos or images, perma bans shouldn't really happen.

That's a death sentence from the forums for something so minor, it's pretty retarded, but it has happened.

You could ban someone for a week or a month, that more than gets the point across to watch your actions.

Those who get banned are ones who have been at it maybe having small ones every now and then and then suddenly dropping few big ones in a row. Since only user and mods see warning points, you can hardly call it unfair just based on post count. Actually if member with 5k+ posts does something really bad once, they should be dealt with more serious note than newer member. As they should already be well aware of rules here. Its same with general society. You don't throw kids to jail for stealing candy. Adult stealing anything is dealt with full force of law.

As for forum dying. This isn't first thread claiming such. In fact, several users have used it as excuse to leave. While real reason is that they have felt being mistreated in off topic or TN&R. You have actually used amount of threads as measure. That's good thing. But I've not seen anything that would support claim about dying. Sub-forums I read mostly have been as active as ever.: exception being PC Gaming which lacks AAA title to spice things.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

10 hours ago, Hunched said:

One or two of the mods are awful. The rest are great.

The banhammer is too easily swung here, although having 10k posts shouldn't be a free pass.

I personally don't browse here as often as I did. The format change is just too different for me.