This forum slowly dying?

Hunched

I just joined this week after lurking for multiple months I don't want the forum to die and I really hope it doesn't. Who am I kidding IT WON'T DIE!

HEY

14 hours ago, Hunched said:

Few months ago it seemed like there were always 700-1000 members online.

Now it's always barely 400, so half of what it used to be.

It just seems like there's less overall activity, topics, posts.

Maybe my memory is just fucked and it was always like this, things seem slower though.

I personally just joined today because I finished watching all of the recent LTT videos as well as ChannelSuperFun.  My new favorite tech source thanks to the personalities. 

Not sure if this helps you, but I'm a new (planning to be) regular.

To be honest, a lot of members that were active were banned (Czex), have left (I guess LoneRangerS) or are barely active (me) and it's the same old bullshit.

Hell, I was on the verge of leaving for my 10,000th post.

Check out my guide on how to scan cover art here!

Local asshole and 6th generation console enthusiast.

Some days its slow, others there are a lot of good topics. I have seen a lot of people leave however. I dont think the forum is dead. I think it has slowed down. 

I just want to sit back and watch the world burn. 

I think this thread is dying xD 

Solve your own audio issues  |  First Steps with RPi 3  |  Humidity & Condensation  |  Sleep & Hibernation  |  Overclocking RAM  |  Making Backups  |  Displays  |  4K / 8K / 16K / etc.  |  Do I need 80+ Platinum?

If you can read this you're using the wrong theme.  You can change it at the bottom.

14 minutes ago, Ryan_Vickers said:

I think this thread is dying xD 

Dammit I hate you...

Also either way this forum is still BY FAR the fastest most knowledgeable (well some of us anyways) on the net (in english at least) for random help. So success achieved!

LINK-> Kurald Galain:  The Night Eternal 

Top 5820k, 980ti SLI Build in the World*

CPU: i7-5820k // GPU: SLI MSI 980ti Gaming 6G // Cooling: Full Custom WC //  Mobo: ASUS X99 Sabertooth // Ram: 32GB Crucial Ballistic Sport // Boot SSD: Samsung 850 EVO 500GB

Mass SSD: Crucial M500 960GB  // PSU: EVGA Supernova 850G2 // Case: Fractal Design Define S Windowed // OS: Windows 10 // Mouse: Razer Naga Chroma // Keyboard: Corsair k70 Cherry MX Reds

Headset: Senn RS185 // Monitor: ASUS PG348Q // Devices: Note 10+ - Surface Book 2 15"

LINK-> Ainulindale: Music of the Ainur 

Prosumer DYI FreeNAS

CPU: Xeon E3-1231v3  // Cooling: Noctua L9x65 //  Mobo: AsRock E3C224D2I // Ram: 16GB Kingston ECC DDR3-1333

HDDs: 4x HGST Deskstar NAS 3TB  // PSU: EVGA 650GQ // Case: Fractal Design Node 304 // OS: FreeNAS

17 minutes ago, Curufinwe_wins said:

Also either way this forum is still BY FAR the fastest most knowledgeable (well some of us anyways) on the net (in english at least) for random help. So success achieved!

Eh, I have some other fourm that I'd like to notify you about...

3 minutes ago, Dan Castellaneta said:

Eh, I have some other fourm that I'd like to notify you about...

which is that?

CPU: i7-5820k // GPU: SLI MSI 980ti Gaming 6G // Cooling: Full Custom WC //  Mobo: ASUS X99 Sabertooth // Ram: 32GB Crucial Ballistic Sport // Boot SSD: Samsung 850 EVO 500GB

Mass SSD: Crucial M500 960GB  // PSU: EVGA Supernova 850G2 // Case: Fractal Design Define S Windowed // OS: Windows 10 // Mouse: Razer Naga Chroma // Keyboard: Corsair k70 Cherry MX Reds

Headset: Senn RS185 // Monitor: ASUS PG348Q // Devices: Note 10+ - Surface Book 2 15"

Prosumer DYI FreeNAS

CPU: Xeon E3-1231v3  // Cooling: Noctua L9x65 //  Mobo: AsRock E3C224D2I // Ram: 16GB Kingston ECC DDR3-1333

HDDs: 4x HGST Deskstar NAS 3TB  // PSU: EVGA 650GQ // Case: Fractal Design Node 304 // OS: FreeNAS

2 minutes ago, Dan Castellaneta said:

PCPartPicker's more useful than its main attraction implies. Its particular forum, at least.

It may have higher quality of responses, but it definitely doesn't have faster response times...

Screenshot (72).png

Prosumer DYI FreeNAS

2 minutes ago, Curufinwe_wins said:

It may have higher quality of responses, but it definitely doesn't have faster response times...

Eh, I'd say it really depends on who you're talking to and what time of day. I'm pretty much the fastest responder on the site (thank my temptations to swear at another user for getting me a week mute) but usually unless you're in an already dead subforum, you're gonna get good responses in a decently timely manner.

Just now, Dan Castellaneta said:

Eh, I'd say it really depends on who you're talking to and what time of day. I'm pretty much the fastest responder on the site (thank my temptations to swear at another user for getting me a week mute) but usually unless you're in an already dead subforum, you're gonna get good responses in a decently timely manner.

But here "timely response" means within 2-5 minutes max.

Prosumer DYI FreeNAS

34 minutes ago, Curufinwe_wins said:

Dammit I hate you...

why?

Solve your own audio issues  |  First Steps with RPi 3  |  Humidity & Condensation  |  Sleep & Hibernation  |  Overclocking RAM  |  Making Backups  |  Displays  |  4K / 8K / 16K / etc.  |  Do I need 80+ Platinum?

If you can read this you're using the wrong theme.  You can change it at the bottom.

1 minute ago, Ryan_Vickers said:

why?

Dat joke...

Prosumer DYI FreeNAS

Yeah, probably. Just ask any of the long time members who aren't banned.

I can think of quite a few long time members that got banned.

First 3 that come to mind are Victorious Secret, Jerakl and Askew.

I make bad life decisions.

Maybe it's also dying because of the warm weather. Some people like outside I hear.

1 minute ago, royalcrown said:

Maybe it's also dying because of the warm weather. Some people like outside I hear.

ew, outernet

On 5/4/2016 at 8:37 PM, DarkBlade2117 said:

People be banned for calling out mods

yeah, happened to numerous of my friends

pretty messed up if you ask me, they all just disappear and no one notices

// irenebb-pc v5 // [] Intel i5-9400F [] Radeon VII Lisa Su Edition [] 24GB Crucial Ballistix [] Acer ED323QUR (1440p/144hz) []

On 5/4/2016 at 1:26 PM, Dan Castellaneta said:

Hell, I was on the verge of leaving for my 10,000th post.

I left for a bit. I'm glad I'm back. But, has the forum changed quite a bit. It also seems like it's not as responsive as I remembered it being. I could post a topic and not get an answer at all or for a fair bit of time.

a Moo Floof connoisseur and curator.

:x@handymanshandle x @pinksnowbirdie || Jake x Brendan :x
Youtube Audio Normalization

On 5/4/2016 at 0:01 AM, Glenwing said:

Just FYI if this turns into a discussion about the mod team I will have to lock the thread. As most of you know, it is our policy not to allow public discussions about the staff here.

Sooo replace goverment with mod team? ;)

5f4d993dca01177edc6699f114db7c95.jpg

Personally i've stopped coming for awhile because this turned into a college safe space and no one can take a joke, plus I get all my news that's posted here from reddit now and it's usually better than copy/paste and having the wrong formatting for night theme...

Case: NZXT Phantom PSU: EVGA G2 650w Motherboard: Asus Z97-Pro (Wifi-AC) CPU: 4690K @4.2ghz/1.2V Cooler: Noctua NH-D15 Ram: Kingston HyperX FURY 16GB 1866mhz GPU: Gigabyte G1 GTX970 Storage: (2x) WD Caviar Blue 1TB, Crucial MX100 256GB SSD, Samsung 840 SSD Wifi: TP Link WDN4800

Donkeys are love, Donkeys are life.                    "No answer means no problem!" - Luke 2015

I dont think the forum will ever be boring to be honest. too many linus supporters. 

The car thread will be active for a long time at the very least xD

"If a Lobster is a fish because it moves by jumping, then a kangaroo is a bird" - Admiral Paulo de Castro Moreira da Silva

"There is nothing more difficult than fixing something that isn't all the way broken yet." - Author Unknown

Spoiler

Intel Core i7-3960X @ 4.6 GHz - Asus P9X79WS/IPMI - 12GB DDR3-1600 quad-channel - EVGA GTX 1080ti SC - Fractal Design Define R5 - 500GB Crucial MX200 - NH-D15 - Logitech G710+ - Mionix Naos 7000 - Sennheiser PC350 w/Topping VX-1

It is very difficult to get perma-banned on this forum, believe me. First-hand experience ;)

43 minutes ago, Octavialicious said:

yeah, happened to numerous of my friends

pretty messed up if you ask me, they all just disappear and no one notices

I notice, mostly.

As with any website, they rise and fall in popularity.

Something better will always come along, and the competition will thicken.

(Who remembers myspace? yahoo? ask jeeves? aol?)

13 minutes ago, MagnesiumPC said:

As with any website, they rise and fall in popularity.

Something better will always come along, and the competition will thicken.

(Who remembers myspace? yahoo? ask jeeves? aol?)

but... Google :) 

Or UNIX for that matter, eh? ;)