"Crappyist" hardware you have ever owned

TheDev

Was bought one of those stupid bent ergonomic keyboards sometime in the mid 2000s, used it for 2-3weeks and had to physically stop, typing on it was so wrong AND uncomfortable. Kept the mouse it came with mind (pretty good microsoft one if i remember right)

PC:

Monolith(Laptop): CPU: i7 5700HQ GPU: GTX 980M 8GB RAM: 2x8GB 1600MHz Storage: 2x128GB Samsung 850 EVO(Raid 0) + 1TB HGST 7200RPM Model: Gigabyte P35XV4 Mouse: Razer Orochi Headset: Turtle Beach Stealth 450

IoT:

Router: Netgear D7000 Nighthawk

NAS: Synology DS218j, 2x 4TB Seagate Ironwolf

Media Accelerator: Nvidia Shield via Plex

Phone: Sony Xperia X Compact

25 minutes ago, Shahnewaz said:

Please tell us more. I'm interested.

firstly it turns on a looot slower than the 360

the HUD looks shit

you get barely any storage

for some reason games take up ALOT MORE SPACE than the 360

GTA V xbox one= 60GBs

GTA V 360 = 20GBs

wtf?!

controller is shit

it looks shit

download times are absolutely shit (ive got 50 down and 30 up so thats not it :P )

the new sleek look destroyed it

there is no longer usb ports on the front so good bye wired controllers

there is one weird ass usb port on the side which is in the most fucking random place ever

ive got more if you want

Well, now you're reading this, I might as well inspire you with a deep quote

If you fall, I'll be there

- Floor

so inspiring, so deep, the feels ;-;  THE FEELS ;-;

Newer Build which I'm gonna buy when I haz moneyz

CPU: Intel Core i5-4440 3.1GHz Quad-Core Processor  (£0.00)
CPU Cooler: be quiet! PURE ROCK 51.7 CFM Sleeve Bearing CPU Cooler  (£25.98 @ Novatech)
Motherboard: MSI B85-G43 GAMING ATX LGA1150 Motherboard  (£78.10 @ Amazon UK)
Memory: Kingston HyperX FURY 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR3-1600 Memory  (£0.00)
Memory: Kingston HyperX FURY 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR3-1600 Memory  (£29.76 @ Ebuyer)
Storage: Seagate Barracuda 2TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive  (£0.00)
Video Card: MSI Radeon R9 380 4GB Video Card  (£179.99 @ Amazon UK)
Case: Corsair 780T ATX Full Tower Case  (£149.99 @ Amazon UK)
Power Supply: EVGA SuperNOVA G2 550W 80+ Gold Certified Fully-Modular ATX Power Supply  (£70.97 @ Amazon UK)
Optical Drive: Asus DRW-24B1ST/BLK/B/AS DVD/CD Writer  (Purchased For £0.00)
Operating System: Microsoft Windows 8.1 OEM (64-bit)  (£59.00 @ Amazon UK)
Wireless Network Adapter: TP-Link TL-WDN4800 802.11a/b/g/n PCI-Express x1 Wi-Fi Adapter  (£24.99 @ Amazon UK)
Keyboard: Corsair K95 RGB Wired Gaming Keyboard  (£184.99 @ Amazon UK)
Total: £803.77

somethings says '£0.00' because I already bought them

probably best remix out there

If I follow you, consider your self lucky, I rarely follow people and when I do it's either because

1) I look up to you

2)I like your picture

3) Or you have an epic ass rig (40 titan x's 9 6700k's clocked at 29GHz that is what I call a epic ass rig, but no one has that soo...)

surface 3 2gb, shoulda gone with 4 :/ 

8 hours ago, LynxThe1st said:

firstly it turns on a looot slower than the 360

the HUD looks shit

you get barely any storage

GTA V xbox one= 60GBs

GTA V 360 = 20GBs

wtf?!

controller is shit

it looks shit

download times are absolutely shit (ive got 50 down and 30 up so thats not it :P )

the new sleek look destroyed it

there is no longer usb ports on the front so good bye wired controllers

there is one weird ass usb port on the side which is in the most fucking random place ever

ive got more if you want

The only thing the xbone has improved is the graphics. The 360 controller is perfect except the D-pad. I have heard people complaining about the system updates. Takes two hours to install a simple update apparently. The 360 installs very quickly compared to the one. I think the xbone is running on windows vista :D

16 hours ago, Sakkura said:

The first graphics card I bought on my own, a Geforce 4 MX440

I have one of those kicking about, i just use that for mobo testing when the board doesnt have onboard graphics or the on board doesnt work. The lack of Hardware T & L killed it in my opinion

19 hours ago, Shahnewaz said:

Please tell us more. I'm interested.

hopefully my reply solved your love the xbox one

- Floor

CPU Cooler: be quiet! PURE ROCK 51.7 CFM Sleeve Bearing CPU Cooler  (£25.98 @ Novatech)
Power Supply: EVGA SuperNOVA G2 550W 80+ Gold Certified Fully-Modular ATX Power Supply  (£70.97 @ Amazon UK)
Wireless Network Adapter: TP-Link TL-WDN4800 802.11a/b/g/n PCI-Express x1 Wi-Fi Adapter  (£24.99 @ Amazon UK)

If I follow you, consider your self lucky, I rarely follow people and when I do it's either because

1) I look up to you

2)I like your picture

3) Or you have an epic ass rig (40 titan x's 9 6700k's clocked at 29GHz that is what I call a epic ass rig, but no one has that soo...)

Android "smart tv" stick of ebay. Slow, unreliable. Was a waste of money.

17 minutes ago, LynxThe1st said:

hopefully my reply solved your love the xbox one

Huh? I don't even own a console lol.

I was just interested in what you had to say to an already bashed to death console.

The problem is that this is an nVidia product and scoring any nVidia product a "zero" is also highly predictive of the number of nVidia products the reviewer will receive for review in the future.

On 2015-01-28 at 5:24 PM, Victorious Secret said:

Only yours, you don't shitpost on the same level that we can, mainly because this thread is finally dead and should be locked.

On 2016-06-07 at 11:25 PM, patrickjp93 said:

I wasn't wrong. It's extremely rare that I am. I provided sources as well. Different devs can disagree. Further, we now have confirmed discrepancy from Twitter about he use of the pre-release 1080 driver in AMD's demo despite the release 1080 driver having been out a week prior.

On 2016-09-10 at 4:32 PM, Hikaru12 said:

You apparently haven't seen his responses to questions on YouTube. He is very condescending and aggressive in his comments with which there is little justification. He acts totally different in his videos. I don't necessarily care for this content style and there is nothing really unique about him or his channel. His endless dick jokes and toilet humor are annoying as well.

Just now, Shahnewaz said:

Huh? I don't even own a console lol.

I was just interested in what you had to say to an already bashed to death console.

ooooh

sorry then :(

- Floor

1) I look up to you

2)I like your picture

Just now, LynxThe1st said:

ooooh

sorry then :(

It's alright. ^_^

The problem is that this is an nVidia product and scoring any nVidia product a "zero" is also highly predictive of the number of nVidia products the reviewer will receive for review in the future.

Only yours, you don't shitpost on the same level that we can, mainly because this thread is finally dead and should be locked.

I wasn't wrong. It's extremely rare that I am. I provided sources as well. Different devs can disagree. Further, we now have confirmed discrepancy from Twitter about he use of the pre-release 1080 driver in AMD's demo despite the release 1080 driver having been out a week prior.

You apparently haven't seen his responses to questions on YouTube. He is very condescending and aggressive in his comments with which there is little justification. He acts totally different in his videos. I don't necessarily care for this content style and there is nothing really unique about him or his channel. His endless dick jokes and toilet humor are annoying as well.

My first ever laptop was a budget Toshiba Satellite laptop back in 2008 that came with Vista on it. It was a gift so I could "work on school papers" without hogging the family computer. It worked alright at first, until I got into programming, then gaming, then online gaming, then game designing, then 3D modelling and rendering....

It held up for a long time considering all the shit I threw at it. Not well, but still. Even after I upgraded the RAM to a whopping 1GB stick. 15 whole fps in Half Life 2!!!

I asked for an ATI Rage Fury graphics card back when I was a kid because it had 32 mb vram.

Not realising that a 16 mb Voodoo 3 or TNT2 rofflestomped all over it performance wise.

It supported 32 bit colour, which the Voodoo 3 didnt, but it couldn't even run anything at 32 bit colour with playable fps.

Linus is my fetish.

Kingston SD and microSD cards.

If you want my attention, quote meh! D: or just stick an @samcool55 in your post :3

Spying on everyone to fight against terrorism is like shooting a mosquito with a cannon

A thermaltake tr2 600W (RIP 280x)

•E5-2670 @2.7GHz • Intel DX79SI • EVGA 970 SSC• GSkill Sniper 8Gb ddr3 • Corsair Spec 02 • Corsair RM750 • HyperX 120Gb SSD • Hitachi 2Tb HDD •

Samsung Moment Smartphone I had 4 of these fuckers in less than 6 months, kept having to have them replaced. None of them had working GPS. Part of the reason I will never own a Samsung smartphone ever. 

I just want to sit back and watch the world burn. 

I didn't own, but my elder brother owned it for a while and sold it for good: It was the Samsung Galaxy Tab S 10.1. HOLY that thing is bloated and slow! So much for a 1440p AMOLED display, when the thing falls completely flat at everything else.

It was a second hand tablet he bought, and the original owner had Cyanogenmod installed in it. Should tell you a bit about the original (TouchWiz) OS.

when i was 5 i got a toshiba netbook thing

it dosent even run windows xp or lubuntu smoothly

Not owned, but the HP ZD8000 I borrowed for college after my first lappy died wqs a behemoth even for tbe more muscular crowd. Thing could kill someone probably. 

That Pentium 4-m promised perhaps half an hour of battery life and slugish performance. The main redeeming factor was the Mobility Radeon x600 which made gaming passable vs the gma 4500MHD prior.

My eyes see the past…

My camera lens sees the present…

I don't remember any of the specs but this thing was the first PC i ever bought, it's an old dell pc that i got second hand and i threw in a cheap graphics card so it would run Fallout 3. I had to set the HDD to the side so the card would fit lol.

smallold1.jpg

On 5/2/2016 at 5:07 PM, LynxThe1st said:

GTA V xbox one= 60GBs

GTA V 360 = 20GBs

Better textures means more space taken up.

"It pays to keep an open mind, but not so open your brain falls out." - Carl Sagan.

"I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you" - Edward I. Koch

5 hours ago, SLAYR said:

A thermaltake tr2 600W (RIP 280x)

Wait Wait what happened lol. I have that same power supply hooked up to my 5820k and 980ti. (getting a new one this summer probably)

A dual band D-link router (looked like DIR-880 but was N not AC) after the DIR-655, returned 3 of them because phones and 1 laptop wouldn't connect to matter what I did; switched to Asus RT-N66U after all that garbage.

Antec PSUs - had a few ticking, wasn't sure if it was the fan or something else but I didn't want it randomly go out or explode.

hp proliant 360 g4, it is noisy as hell and extremely underpowered..

My pc:

http://pcpartpicker.com/p/dvcw23 

(Black Glacier)

My server:

Dual xeon x5679 processors, 24gb of ECC memory, Nvidia quadro 295 NVS and 48tb of storage.  (z600

The crappiest computer would be my first. My parents old windows 95 desktop (i cant remember the specs). I loved it anyway at the time