"Crappyist" hardware you have ever owned

TheDev

My old Pentium 4 desktop, it was slow then and was nearly unusable up to its recent death. I recently acquired my grandmothers old all-in-one PC that has a AMD Athlon x2 processor. Surprisingly very usable after slapping Ubuntu on it.

Lord of Helium.

1 minute ago, Loleo said:

both.

well it was my first PC and i didnt chose the parts for it cause i didnt know anything about PCs at the time

and its bad cause people have had it fail often

NEW PC build: Blank Heaven   minimalist white and black PC     Old S340 build log "White Heaven"        The "LIGHTCANON" flashlight build log        Project AntiRoll (prototype)        Custom speaker project

Spoiler

Ryzen 3950X | AMD Vega Frontier Edition | ASUS X570 Pro WS | Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | NZXT H500 | Seasonic Prime Fanless TX-700 | Custom loop | Coolermaster SK630 White | Logitech MX Master 2S | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB + 970 Pro 512GB | Samsung 58" 4k TV | Scarlett 2i4 | 2x AT2020

This crappy old Gateway laptop I had around 2004. Come to think of it, anything I have ever used from Gateway sucked ass.(Does Gateway even still exist) 

The generic Dell tower I had after the gateway sucked to.

I had a TrendNet wireless receiver, couldn't pick up any signal when ~1m away from the router.

A Dell Inspiron 17" Circa 2007.

Anything Thermaltake

2nd Gen iTouch

Crucial SSD

More recently, I had some G.Skill RAM fail on me out of nowhere, and a Asus R56 router.

Although nothing will ever top the shitstorm that is the old Netgear routers. Remember the bullshit blue/grey ones? Did anyone not have a pile of broken ones in their house like 10-15 years ago? I at one point had 5-6 dead ones piled up, that I hadn't thrown away yet. They were the only ones I could buy in my remote location (This was before internet shopping really took off). I had to keep using them as they were really the first ones widely available with wifi.

1 minute ago, Enderman said:

well it was my first PC and i didnt chose the parts for it cause i didnt know anything about PCs at the time

and its bad cause people have had it fail often

But nothing never happened to you, no?

Just now, Loleo said:

But nothing never happened to you, no?

no cause i replaced and sold it after a few years

NEW PC build: Blank Heaven   minimalist white and black PC     Old S340 build log "White Heaven"        The "LIGHTCANON" flashlight build log        Project AntiRoll (prototype)        Custom speaker project

Spoiler

Ryzen 3950X | AMD Vega Frontier Edition | ASUS X570 Pro WS | Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | NZXT H500 | Seasonic Prime Fanless TX-700 | Custom loop | Coolermaster SK630 White | Logitech MX Master 2S | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB + 970 Pro 512GB | Samsung 58" 4k TV | Scarlett 2i4 | 2x AT2020

In two years, 2012 and 2013, I purchased two budget, low-tech Toshiba Satellite laptops; one to replace the other. They were slow and error prone from the start, and the quality of the material was dubious. The screen of one and the keyboard of the other had to be replaced, but the former was partially my fault because I pressed on it too hard. Other problems both had were overheating and poor quality battery.

In 2012 I also bought my previous smartphone, a Samsung Galaxy Ace, another budget purchase. It couldn't access both SD cards I tried, nor could I access or erase apps. Its internet connection was too slow and buggy, with pages not fully loading or the internet app crashing.The phone also turned itself off sometimes. In the last months I had to buy two charging cables because I damaged the charging port, but that was my fault; the material didn't feel premium, but it was sturdy.

My first pc was an Athlon X2,  a GeForce 6800gs 4gb of ddr2 ram.  Cased in an unbranded case and powersupply.  It doesn't sound like a terrible build for its time.  But I had this in 2012. The graphics card was 7 years old

Dell Inspiron desktop with a Dual Core AMD Athlon. It would turn off and on at random intervals.

Having problems with your fresh Windows 10 install? PM Me!
Windows 10- Want To Disable Telemetry, Disable Cortana, Disable Windows Updates? Look at my guide HERE
LTT Beginners Guide  | Community Standards | TN&R Posting Guidelines

Not exactly crappy...just old..;

A pentium M laptop (dothan FTW ) at 1.6ghz , 1gb of ram and ati mobility radeon x300. 

That and a pentium 3 pc.

AMD Ryzen R7 1700 (3.8ghz) w/ NH-D14, EVGA RTX 2080 XC (stock), 4*4GB DDR4 3000MT/s RAM, Gigabyte AB350-Gaming-3 MB, CX750M PSU, 1.5TB SDD + 7TB HDD, Phanteks enthoo pro case

A metal computer case with with a PSU that had no earthing

Please vote for Donald Trump. I am out of sitcoms to watch.

When lyfe gives you HDDs, make SSDs

Spoiler

55 minutes ago, Alexzz_ said:

a mac

I used to own an early Intel Mac Mini... that was slow. I even upgraded the ram in it but everything in MacOS took forever to do. It ran much faster with XP on it...

But I wouldn't nominate that. I would dig it out but I can't be bothered, but I would nominate my first mp3 player. This was a LONG time ago. Affordable flash storage wasn't around then. So to keep costs down, the mp3 player had 32MB or was it 48MB of DRAM. Yes, MB, and yes, DRAM. As in, it needs power or it looses what's in it. It was powered by two AAA batteries, and you download your music onto it using propriety software. What was battery life? Listening time was measured in hours, and not many of them. Standby time was given as about a day. I guess you could also call this a precursor to smartphones...

I'm going to have to see if I can dig it out now!

Gaming system: R7 7800X3D, Asus ROG Strix B650E-F Gaming Wifi, Thermalright Phantom Spirit 120 SE ARGB, Corsair Vengeance 2x 32GB 6000C30, RTX 4070, MSI MPG A850G, Fractal Design North, Samsung 990 Pro 2TB, Acer Predator XB241YU 24" 1440p 144Hz G-Sync + HP LP2475w 24" 1200p 60Hz wide gamut
Productivity system: i9-7980XE, Asus X299 TUF mark 2, Noctua D15, 64GB ram (mixed), RTX 3070, NZXT E850, GameMax Abyss, Samsung 980 Pro 2TB, random 1080p + 720p displays.
Gaming laptop: Lenovo Legion 5, 5800H, RTX 3070, Kingston DDR4 3200C22 2x16GB 2Rx8, Kingston Fury Renegade 1TB + Crucial P1 1TB SSD, 165 Hz IPS 1080p G-Sync Compatible

AMD e350 CPU/Motherboard to use as a home server.  It can barely do NAS and it reboots/freezes all the time.  I would have been much better off with regular Intel Pentium, more power, same cost.

Fractal Design Define R5 | i7-4790k | Corsair H80 | Asus Z97-Pro WiFi | 2 x EVGA GTX 970 SSC+ | 16GB G.Skill Sniper@1866MHz | Samsung 840 Evo 256 GB | 1TB + 750GB drives | EVGA 750W G2 | 27" BenQ IPS 1440p@60Hz | Windows 10

50 minutes ago, I am an SSD said:

A metal computer case with with a PSU that had no earthing

sounds safe

Tied between a gigabyte b75m-d3p (shittiest motherboard ever, I blame it for killing some DDR3 I had) and a Madcatz R.A.T. 5.

ASU

The first graphics card I bought on my own, a Geforce 4 MX440. What a piece of shit. It made the FX 5700 Ultra I upgraded to later seem extremely awesome.

2 hours ago, CoffeeandBagels said:

Spent 10 bucks on a generic USB wireless adapter. Might as well have just thrown 10 bucks in the trash.

A homeless man could've been rummaging in a dump and found that $10. So no, trash is the better option.

Logitech M100 and B100. Both started causing problems after a year or two, and became unusable.

Like WTF man. Even unbranded el-cheapo mouse doesn't fail after 2 years! Those Logitech mice failed in the simplest of use cases. Also the scroll wheel on both mice is obnoxiously loud.

In comparison, their entry level K120 keyboard is leagues better than those crap.

The problem is that this is an nVidia product and scoring any nVidia product a "zero" is also highly predictive of the number of nVidia products the reviewer will receive for review in the future.

On 2015-01-28 at 5:24 PM, Victorious Secret said:

Only yours, you don't shitpost on the same level that we can, mainly because this thread is finally dead and should be locked.

On 2016-06-07 at 11:25 PM, patrickjp93 said:

I wasn't wrong. It's extremely rare that I am. I provided sources as well. Different devs can disagree. Further, we now have confirmed discrepancy from Twitter about he use of the pre-release 1080 driver in AMD's demo despite the release 1080 driver having been out a week prior.

On 2016-09-10 at 4:32 PM, Hikaru12 said:

You apparently haven't seen his responses to questions on YouTube. He is very condescending and aggressive in his comments with which there is little justification. He acts totally different in his videos. I don't necessarily care for this content style and there is nothing really unique about him or his channel. His endless dick jokes and toilet humor are annoying as well.

xbox one

disgusting

the 360 is atleast 20 fucking times better

Well, now you're reading this, I might as well inspire you with a deep quote

If you fall, I'll be there

- Floor

so inspiring, so deep, the feels ;-;  THE FEELS ;-;

Newer Build which I'm gonna buy when I haz moneyz

CPU: Intel Core i5-4440 3.1GHz Quad-Core Processor  (£0.00)
CPU Cooler: be quiet! PURE ROCK 51.7 CFM Sleeve Bearing CPU Cooler  (£25.98 @ Novatech)
Motherboard: MSI B85-G43 GAMING ATX LGA1150 Motherboard  (£78.10 @ Amazon UK)
Memory: Kingston HyperX FURY 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR3-1600 Memory  (£0.00)
Memory: Kingston HyperX FURY 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR3-1600 Memory  (£29.76 @ Ebuyer)
Storage: Seagate Barracuda 2TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive  (£0.00)
Video Card: MSI Radeon R9 380 4GB Video Card  (£179.99 @ Amazon UK)
Case: Corsair 780T ATX Full Tower Case  (£149.99 @ Amazon UK)
Power Supply: EVGA SuperNOVA G2 550W 80+ Gold Certified Fully-Modular ATX Power Supply  (£70.97 @ Amazon UK)
Optical Drive: Asus DRW-24B1ST/BLK/B/AS DVD/CD Writer  (Purchased For £0.00)
Operating System: Microsoft Windows 8.1 OEM (64-bit)  (£59.00 @ Amazon UK)
Wireless Network Adapter: TP-Link TL-WDN4800 802.11a/b/g/n PCI-Express x1 Wi-Fi Adapter  (£24.99 @ Amazon UK)
Keyboard: Corsair K95 RGB Wired Gaming Keyboard  (£184.99 @ Amazon UK)
Total: £803.77

somethings says '£0.00' because I already bought them

probably best remix out there

If I follow you, consider your self lucky, I rarely follow people and when I do it's either because

1) I look up to you

2)I like your picture

3) Or you have an epic ass rig (40 titan x's 9 6700k's clocked at 29GHz that is what I call a epic ass rig, but no one has that soo...)

2 minutes ago, LynxThe1st said:

xbox one

disgusting

the 360 is atleast 20 fucking times better

Please tell us more. I'm interested.

The problem is that this is an nVidia product and scoring any nVidia product a "zero" is also highly predictive of the number of nVidia products the reviewer will receive for review in the future.

On 2015-01-28 at 5:24 PM, Victorious Secret said:

Only yours, you don't shitpost on the same level that we can, mainly because this thread is finally dead and should be locked.

On 2016-06-07 at 11:25 PM, patrickjp93 said:

I wasn't wrong. It's extremely rare that I am. I provided sources as well. Different devs can disagree. Further, we now have confirmed discrepancy from Twitter about he use of the pre-release 1080 driver in AMD's demo despite the release 1080 driver having been out a week prior.

On 2016-09-10 at 4:32 PM, Hikaru12 said:

You apparently haven't seen his responses to questions on YouTube. He is very condescending and aggressive in his comments with which there is little justification. He acts totally different in his videos. I don't necessarily care for this content style and there is nothing really unique about him or his channel. His endless dick jokes and toilet humor are annoying as well.

well i guess probably some of the shit i have on my floor? there is a 15 year old server with a P4 in it right now but no graphics card so ill probably sell it. maby my Asus EEE 1080PC 2 cores 4 threads at 1.5Ghz with 2GB of 620Mhz RAM, i use it almost daily because it can handle windows 10 and document wrighting pretty good. i also have some RAM in a standard iv never heard off, pc 133 i think it was called lol. i have loads of old shit that i want to get rid off but cant because its too shit :P i also used to have a PC from HP that my dad got from work 2006 with 2003 bottom specs and thats basically the thing that made me the computer nerd i am today, i got so pissed at it because it was a pice of shit and i raged hard at it and swore i would learn enough about PCs to know what made it so slow, and it was the SILGNE core P4 in it clocked at 2.8Ghz combined with 256mb of RAM and a slow as shit HDD. god i hate that PC... still have it around but its not used because i got my dad a slightly better one :P 

I spent $2500 on building my PC and all i do with it is play no games atm & watch anime at 1080p(finally) watch YT and write essays...  nothing, it just sits there collecting dust...

Builds:

The Toaster Project! Northern Bee!

The original LAN PC build log! (Old, dead and replaced by The Toaster Project & 5.0)

Spoiler

"Here is some advice that might have gotten lost somewhere along the way in your life. 

#1. Treat others as you would like to be treated.

#2. It's best to keep your mouth shut; and appear to be stupid, rather than open it and remove all doubt.

#3. There is nothing "wrong" with being wrong. Learning from a mistake can be more valuable than not making one in the first place.

Follow these simple rules in life, and I promise you, things magically get easier. " - MageTank 31-10-2016