Michiganders!

2 hours ago, Donut417 said:

Well, winter reared its ugly head. I nearly saw and accident on i94. Some dumb ass from New Jersey that didnt know how to drive. You not suppose to have your mustang sideways on the expressway. 

Yep 

Dude was stuck off the shoulder of 275/ford road entrance ramp 

Jackie-Chan-WTF.jpg

Staring out my living room picture window in GR. Thought to myself, "Thankfully, I am retired and don't have to drive in this. Have fun all you worker bees when 5PM hits." :P

Sgt. Murphy says, "Never forget that your weapons and equipment were made by the lowest bidder."

9 minutes ago, gcubed said:

Staring out my living room picture window in GR. Thought to myself, "Thankfully, I am retired and don't have to drive in this. Have fun all you worker bees when 5PM hits." :P

snow cover has been null on the roads since this morning shouldn't be any worse then driving in the rain for me !

5 hours ago, gcubed said:

Oh sweet, someone from GR. So far you are the only person I have seen who is also from this part of Michigan.

• 1 month later...

Oh boy the high winds. Our power was out for like 5 hours. Is it sad Im hoping EMU has no power so I dont have class? LOL 

I just want to sit back and watch the world burn. 

Wind hasn't been too terrible, a few trees fell over, lots of power outages, but we still have power.

Driving in it on the other hand, that's not fun, especially going over bridges crossing over I-75, not much stopping that wind!

My school did lose power roughly 5 times in a 10 minute period, though nothing lasting more than a minute or so. Wonder if it'll get knocked out over night...

Specs: CPU - Intel i7 8700K @ 5GHz | GPU - Gigabyte GTX 970 G1 Gaming | Motherboard - ASUS Strix Z370-G WIFI AC | RAM - XPG Gammix DDR4-3000MHz 32GB (2x16GB) | Main Drive - Samsung 850 Evo 500GB M.2 | Other Drives - 7TB/3 Drives | CPU Cooler - Corsair H100i Pro | Case - Fractal Design Define C Mini TG | Power Supply - EVGA G3 850W

It was incredibly windy in West Michigan today. I didn't have any power issues, but I think I heard about 30k people in the area was without power.  I saw some crazy live videos of waves at the Grand Haven Pier.

Wow, a whole thread of people that don't know how to drive.

:P

O-H-I-O

Malo Periculosam Libertatem Quam Quietum Servitium

1 hour ago, Corrupt_Liberty said:

Wow, a whole thread of people that don't know how to drive.

:P

O-H-I-O

I think you misread, this is a group of people from Michigan, not Ohio.

----------------------------------------------

Looking at the power outages a little more, DTE is reporting approx. 700K customers without power, and Consumers Energy is reporting another 260K or so. I'd guess that in total there's at least 1M households throughout Michigan that lost power today. And based on some census information from a few years back, there's about 3.785M households in Michigan, so about 26.5%+ of Michigan lost power from the wind and such today. o.O

Specs: CPU - Intel i7 8700K @ 5GHz | GPU - Gigabyte GTX 970 G1 Gaming | Motherboard - ASUS Strix Z370-G WIFI AC | RAM - XPG Gammix DDR4-3000MHz 32GB (2x16GB) | Main Drive - Samsung 850 Evo 500GB M.2 | Other Drives - 7TB/3 Drives | CPU Cooler - Corsair H100i Pro | Case - Fractal Design Define C Mini TG | Power Supply - EVGA G3 850W

7 hours ago, TheKDub said:

I think you misread, this is a group of people from Michigan, not Ohio.

----------------------------------------------

Looking at the power outages a little more, DTE is reporting approx. 700K customers without power, and Consumers Energy is reporting another 260K or so. I'd guess that in total there's at least 1M households throughout Michigan that lost power today. And based on some census information from a few years back, there's about 3.785M households in Michigan, so about 26.5%+ of Michigan lost power from the wind and such today. o.O

Well that was not nearly as fun as I thought it would be.

Carry on and ignore that spot of Scarlet and Grey.

Malo Periculosam Libertatem Quam Quietum Servitium

Our power was out for 5 hours. Lucky it came back on. I was going thru internet withdraw. Im just sooo happy that Comcast didnt have any issues in our area. Or it would have been a shit day. My sisters work lost power and lost internet, I figure a business such as thiers would have internet with a SLA agreement. Because their office was down, 2 other offices were down. Comcast told them 18 hours to get service restored XD. 

6 hours ago, Corrupt_Liberty said:

Well that was not nearly as fun as I thought it would be.

Carry on and ignore that spot of Scarlet and Grey.

We know how to drive better than you guys, but our roads suck so it looks like we don't because we're always dodging pot holes.

• 10 months later...

We must never let this thread die!

#MichigandersForLife

11 hours ago, TheKDub said:

We must never let this thread die!

#MichigandersForLife

In that case. How's the weather?

1 hour ago, Donut417 said:

Cold and snowy af. Took me over an hour to make a 25 minute drive to work today .-.

How's it down your ways?

16 minutes ago, TheKDub said:

Cold and snowy af. Took me over an hour to make a 25 minute drive to work today .-.

How's it down your ways?

Cold and Shitty. Though the roads are clear in most area's. Lucky for me, my current job is about a mile from the house. 

On 4/8/2016 at 3:23 PM, theninja35 said:

But wait, are we Michiganians or Michiganders? 

If you're south of the bridge, then you're Trolls.

Quote or tag me( @Crunchy Dragon) if you want me to see your reply

If a post solved your problem/answered your question, please consider marking it as "solved"

Community Standards // Join Floatplane!

2 minutes ago, Crunchy Dragon said:

If you're south of the bridge, then you're Trolls.

I love being a troll. We have schools and actual towns and pizza and stuff. Oh and we also get warm weather.

I forgot we even had this thread. Are we still the only state to have one?

2 hours ago, Donut417 said:

How's about all that snow we got dumped on us after it fucking rained? :P

Main rig on profile

VAULT - File Server

Spoiler

Intel Core i5 11400 w/ Shadow Rock LP, 2x16GB SP GAMING 3200MHz CL16, ASUS PRIME Z590-A, 2x LSI 9211-8i, Fractal Define 7, 256GB Team MP33, 3x 6TB WD Red Pro (general storage), 3x 1TB Seagate Barracuda (dumping ground), 3x 8TB WD White-Label (Plex) (all 3 arrays in their respective Windows Parity storage spaces), Corsair RM750x, Windows 11 Education

Sleeper HP Pavilion A6137C

Spoiler

Intel Core i7 6700K @ 4.4GHz, 4x8GB G.SKILL Ares 1800MHz CL10, ASUS Z170M-E D3, 128GB Team MP33, 1TB Seagate Barracuda, 320GB Samsung Spinpoint (for video capture), MSI GTX 970 100ME, EVGA 650G1, Windows 10 Pro

Mac Mini (Late 2020)

Spoiler

Apple M1, 8GB RAM, 256GB, macOS Sonoma

Consoles: Softmodded 1.4 Xbox w/ 500GB HDD, Xbox 360 Elite 120GB Falcon, XB1X w/2TB MX500, Xbox Series X, PS1 1001, PS2 Slim 70000 w/ FreeMcBoot, PS4 Pro 7015B 1TB (retired), PS5 Digital, Nintendo Switch OLED, Nintendo Wii RVL-001 (black)

4 minutes ago, theninja35 said:

I love being a troll. We have schools and actual towns and pizza and stuff. Oh and we also get warm weather.

I forgot we even had this thread. Are we still the only state to have one?

AFAIK

#MittenStateIsBestStateEvenThoughWeHaveNoFreeGeek

Quote or tag me( @Crunchy Dragon) if you want me to see your reply

If a post solved your problem/answered your question, please consider marking it as "solved"

Community Standards // Join Floatplane!

I was trying to find this topic for a while, glad someone posted in it again.