Michiganders!

You guys notice how the weather has fluctuated so much this month? A few weeks ago it was snowing here in Jackson, and now it's 80 degrees today. Michigan weather is crazy as hell. :P

2 minutes ago, awesomeness10120 said:

You guys notice how the weather has fluctuated so much this month? A few weeks ago it was snowing here in Jackson, and now it's 80 degrees today. Michigan weather is crazy as hell. :P

Its called mother nature was drunk. OR is could be Global Warming, but the guys up in Washington DC day Global Warming is bull shit. I mean only about every scientist on the planet support the theory but what the fuck do they know, they only have PHD's. 

I just want to sit back and watch the world burn. 

27 minutes ago, Donut417 said:

Its called mother nature was drunk. OR is could be Global Warming, but the guys up in Washington DC day Global Warming is bull shit. I mean only about every scientist on the planet support the theory but what the fuck do they know, they only have PHD's. 

Well, if you look back throughout Earth's time period, the same scientists have shown that the weather patterns have gone up and down. Sure, it looks like global warming when comparing it to the last 10,000 years, but in the grand scheme, it's pretty much the same as it was before.

Also, thunderstorms all week! I can't wait.

2 minutes ago, theninja35 said:

Well, if you look back throughout Earth's time period, the same scientists have shown that the weather patterns have gone up and down. Sure, it looks like global warming when comparing it to the last 10,000 years, but in the grand scheme, it's pretty much the same as it was before.

Get ready for the storms...

t9xkob.jpg

44 minutes ago, theninja35 said:

Not really. Watched a video with a NASA scientist. Global Warming means its statistically more probable for their to be warmer temps. In a normal climate you would have a 33% of abnormal cold temps, 33% of Normal Temps and 33% chance of Warmer temps. Currently its over 60% chance of warming temps. Yes weather can be all over the place, but when you add messed up climates and warming temps, weather can be much worse. Ive seen my share of make you piss your pants storms. God help those who live in Monroe county. You couldn't pay me to live down there. Its seems like they always get the tornadoes. On top of the fact theirs a Nuclear power plant down their. Any one seen the movie Atomic Twister? 

On 4/8/2016 at 2:17 PM, TheKDub said:

@theninja35 @Arty @Wiflare @tmcclelland455

Tag everyone you know that lives in Michigan!

What is this post?

It's a place for Michiganders to talk about Michigan, and meet other Michiganders that are here on the LinusTechTips Forums!

sup my brother here's my story lived there from 2002 to 2013 where I then moved to California but anyways I am visiting back there this summer and there is a slim but existent chance I will visit back. I visit my Grandma in Detroit (also where I used to live) those who know Detroit I used to live in Northville my grandma lives in Livonia and my family has a cottage up in Houghton Lake. Other than myself you all are whom I know on LTT Forums that are Michiganders.

Build Name:

Anton

CPU: I7 4790K

GPU: ZOTAC RTX 2060 SUPER AMP EXTREME

RAM: 16GB 1600MHZ

MOBO: MSI H81M-E33

CASE: COOLER MASTER N300

PSU: THERMALTAKE 600 WATT

STORAGE: TOTAL 6.5TB, 512GB SAMSUNG 850 PRO BOOT DRIVE, 2TB HDD 1, 2TB HDD 2, 2TB WESTERN DIGITAL USB 3.0 BACKUP DRIVE

- CRACK!

btw you all have fun those thunderstorms that came from texas :D

Build Name:

Anton

CPU: I7 4790K

GPU: ZOTAC RTX 2060 SUPER AMP EXTREME

RAM: 16GB 1600MHZ

MOBO: MSI H81M-E33

CASE: COOLER MASTER N300

PSU: THERMALTAKE 600 WATT

STORAGE: TOTAL 6.5TB, 512GB SAMSUNG 850 PRO BOOT DRIVE, 2TB HDD 1, 2TB HDD 2, 2TB WESTERN DIGITAL USB 3.0 BACKUP DRIVE

- CRACK!

On 5/24/2016 at 8:04 PM, theninja35 said:

I'm hyped for the storms, but not for the temps... mid 80s and rain is going to end very badly for me unless my parents decide to turn on the air conditioning...

Specs: CPU - Intel i7 8700K @ 5GHz | GPU - Gigabyte GTX 970 G1 Gaming | Motherboard - ASUS Strix Z370-G WIFI AC | RAM - XPG Gammix DDR4-3000MHz 32GB (2x16GB) | Main Drive - Samsung 850 Evo 500GB M.2 | Other Drives - 7TB/3 Drives | CPU Cooler - Corsair H100i Pro | Case - Fractal Design Define C Mini TG | Power Supply - EVGA G3 850W

On 4/8/2016 at 5:35 PM, wcreek said:

I'm from the glorious state of Minnesota...

ewoijr.PNG

I think the Upper Peninsula of MI should be part of Wisconsin.

lol, probably a good time to post I am a Yooper,

Community Standards | Fan Control Software

Please make sure to Quote me or @ me to see your reply!

Just because I am a Moderator does not mean I am always right. Please fact check me and verify my answer. 

"Black Out"

Ryzen 9 5900x | Full Custom Water Loop | Asus Crosshair VIII Hero (Wi-Fi) | RTX 3090 Founders | Ballistix 32gb 16-18-18-36 3600mhz 

1tb Samsung 970 Evo | 2x 2tb Crucial MX500 SSD | Fractal Design Meshify S2 | Corsair HX1200 PSU

Dedicated Streaming Rig

Ryzen 7 3700x | Asus B450-F Strix | 16gb Gskill Flare X 3200mhz | Corsair RM550x PSU | Asus Strix GTX1070 | 250gb 860 Evo m.2

Phanteks P300A |  Elgato HD60 Pro | Avermedia Live Gamer Duo | Avermedia 4k GC573 Capture Card

1 minute ago, TheKDub said:

I'm hyped for the storms, but not for the temps... mid 80s and rain is going to end very badly for me unless my parents decide to turn on the air conditioning...

Shit. I got both windows open and 2 fans on. I havent put the AC in yet. 

On 4/8/2016 at 5:35 PM, wcreek said:

I'm from the glorious state of Minnesota...

ewoijr.PNG

I think the Upper Peninsula of MI should be part of Wisconsin.

I think way back in the day it was. Toledo was part of Michigan Back then. 

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Upper_Peninsula_of_Michigan

Quote from the entry:

Although the Upper Peninsula nominally became United States territory with the 1783 Treaty of Paris, the British did not give up control until 1797 under terms of the Jay Treaty. As an American territory, the Upper Peninsula was still dominated by the fur trade. John Jacob Astor founded the American Fur Company on Mackinac Island in 1808; however, the industry began to decline in the 1830s as beaver and other game were overhunted.[3]

When the Michigan Territory was first established in 1805, it included only the Lower Peninsula and the eastern portion of the Upper Peninsula. In 1819, the territory was expanded to include the remainder of the Upper Peninsula, all of Wisconsin, and part ofMinnesota (previously included in the Indiana and Illinois Territories). When Michigan was preparing for statehood in the 1830s, the boundaries proposed corresponded to the original territorial boundaries, with some proposals even leaving the Upper Peninsula out entirely. Meanwhile, the territory was involved in a border dispute with the state of Ohio in a conflict known as the Toledo War.

The people of Michigan approved a constitution in May 1835 and elected state officials in late autumn 1835. Although the state government was not yet recognized by the United States Congress, the territorial government effectively ceased to exist. A constitutional convention of the state legislature refused a compromise to accept the full Upper Peninsula in exchange for ceding the Toledo Strip to Ohio. A second convention, hastily convened by Governor Stevens Thomson Mason, consisting primarily of Mason supporters, agreed in December 1836 to accept the U.P. in exchange for the Toledo Strip.

Just because I am a Moderator does not mean I am always right. Please fact check me and verify my answer. 

"Black Out"

Ryzen 9 5900x | Full Custom Water Loop | Asus Crosshair VIII Hero (Wi-Fi) | RTX 3090 Founders | Ballistix 32gb 16-18-18-36 3600mhz 

1tb Samsung 970 Evo | 2x 2tb Crucial MX500 SSD | Fractal Design Meshify S2 | Corsair HX1200 PSU

Dedicated Streaming Rig

Ryzen 7 3700x | Asus B450-F Strix | 16gb Gskill Flare X 3200mhz | Corsair RM550x PSU | Asus Strix GTX1070 | 250gb 860 Evo m.2

Phanteks P300A |  Elgato HD60 Pro | Avermedia Live Gamer Duo | Avermedia 4k GC573 Capture Card

19 minutes ago, Donut417 said:

Shit. I got both windows open and 2 fans on. I havent put the AC in yet. 

I've only got one window in my room, and one fan, but even then when it's hot outside, my room still remains 4-10f hotter than outside...

Specs: CPU - Intel i7 8700K @ 5GHz | GPU - Gigabyte GTX 970 G1 Gaming | Motherboard - ASUS Strix Z370-G WIFI AC | RAM - XPG Gammix DDR4-3000MHz 32GB (2x16GB) | Main Drive - Samsung 850 Evo 500GB M.2 | Other Drives - 7TB/3 Drives | CPU Cooler - Corsair H100i Pro | Case - Fractal Design Define C Mini TG | Power Supply - EVGA G3 850W

2 hours ago, TheKDub said:

I've only got one window in my room, and one fan, but even then when it's hot outside, my room still remains 4-10f hotter than outside...

I've had my AC in my gaming room for about a week now.. 2 computers PS4 and my 47" TV in a room thats like 10x7... gets quite toasty in there at times without it lol

"Black Out"

Dedicated Streaming Rig

6 hours ago, legacy99 said:

I've had my AC in my gaming room for about a week now.. 2 computers PS4 and my 47" TV in a room thats like 10x7... gets quite toasty in there at times without it lol

Just get a room heater: two reference 290x and two reference 1080s. Put them in a build with a 9590 and you're gonna be roasting marshmallows. If you want to cool the room, do the same thing but with ln2 or phase change :P

7 hours ago, legacy99 said:

I've only got my desktop and three monitors running in my room, even then, they're not putting out too much heat. (It's still just as bad if I leave them off)

• 2 weeks later...
2 minutes ago, theninja35 said:

I nominate @swordsman247 for next member of the Michiganian thread.

Oh okay, Hi, what am I supposed to put? I live in Coldwater MI and Work at SNC. Come see me if you need computer help.

I am a paid professional, but only when I am at work...and getting paid.

6 minutes ago, swordsman247 said:

Oh okay, Hi, what am I supposed to put? I live in Coldwater MI and Work at SNC. Come see me if you need computer help.

That works. Make sure you follow the thread so you can be a part of the only thread for an entire state on the entire forums.

4 minutes ago, theninja35 said:

That works. Make sure you follow the thread so you can be a part of the only thread for an entire state on the entire forums.

Okay, Hi gang, now following.

I am a paid professional, but only when I am at work...and getting paid.

Welcome :)