Michiganders!

3 minutes ago, theninja35 said:

Does he live in the same neighborhood? Are you guys going to meet eachother?

Yes, let us create a "Nationality" sub-forum where we can create state/country threads and have awesome battles in particular games. That would be so much fun.

@LinusTech @Slick

Yeah, we're from the same town, it's pretty cool. Talk about a coincidence.

Seriously we need to get the attention of the mods and admins to see if we can get a response. I'll tag a few particularly helpful ones I've seen around the forums @Whaler_99 @airdeano @Ryan_Vickers

Look at my systems:

Spoiler

My main testing/gaming system "Bitlo" is an upgraded HP Pavilion p6710f:

AMD Athlon II X4 640 undervolted to 1.225v vcore @3.00GHz, with additional undevolts for each P-state.

Stock AMD cooler- with the undervolt that's all I actually need

8GB PNY DDR3

Zotac GTX 560 Ti, 880MHz core & 2360MHz mem at stock voltage, has been delidded and repasted, plan on strapping an AIO on to overcome current temp issues

EVGA 500W PSU

120GB Toshiba Q300 SSD

1TB Seagate HDD

Every day carry: Toshiba Satellite L655-S5150. Pentium P6200 @2.13GHz, 4GB RAM.

Black themed workstation I'm working on:

Xeon E5-2670 (SR0KX)

Cooler Master Hyper T4

ASRock X79 Extreme4

16GB (2x8) Adata XPG DDR3

Gigabyte R9 290 OC Edition

Sound Blaster Audigy 2 ZS

Dell XPS 630i 750W PSU

OCZ Vertex 3 120GB SSD

Hitachi Ultrastar 1TB HDD

Diablotek EVO ATX Midtower case

3 minutes ago, v-raze said:

Yeah, we're from the same town, it's pretty cool. Talk about a coincidence.

Seriously we need to get the attention of the mods and admins to see if we can get a response. I'll tag a few particularly helpful ones I've seen around the forums @Whaler_99 @airdeano @Ryan_Vickers

I really do think we could have a sort of Tech-Lympics on the forums where each country or state creates a topic specifically for them. As long as we can keep our nationalism under control, the games could be quite fun.

The problem would be deciding what games to play. I don't think there are games where you can have large teams.

Just now, theninja35 said:

I really do think we could have a sort of Tech-Lympics on the forums where each country or state creates a topic specifically for them. As long as we can keep our nationalism under control, the games could be quite fun.

The problem would be deciding what games to play. I don't think there are games where you can have large teams.

Planetside 2?

Even if we didn't have any organized games it would still be really cool to be able to find other local tech enthusiasts to game with or do hardware swaps or the like.

Look at my systems:

Spoiler

AMD Athlon II X4 640 undervolted to 1.225v vcore @3.00GHz, with additional undevolts for each P-state.

8GB PNY DDR3

Zotac GTX 560 Ti, 880MHz core & 2360MHz mem at stock voltage, has been delidded and repasted, plan on strapping an AIO on to overcome current temp issues

EVGA 500W PSU

120GB Toshiba Q300 SSD

1TB Seagate HDD

Xeon E5-2670 (SR0KX)

Cooler Master Hyper T4

ASRock X79 Extreme4

Dell XPS 630i 750W PSU

OCZ Vertex 3 120GB SSD

22 minutes ago, Arty said:

What a bunch of fricken hypocrites.

I don't think they're banned, though, but you can't buy them directly from Tesla, you'd have to buy them through a dealer as per Michiganian law. I think that is quite ridiculous, too.

7 minutes ago, theninja35 said:

What a bunch of fricken hypocrites.

I don't think they're banned, though, but you can't buy them directly from Tesla, you'd have to buy them through a dealer as per Michiganian law. I think that is quite ridiculous, too.

they are banned from selling directly.

Thiers so many teslas in farmington....

fairly sure you can just buy it online and have it shipped to you

or thier is a building close in ohio

1 hour ago, Arty said:

they are banned from selling directly.

Thiers so many teslas in farmington....

fairly sure you can just buy it online and have it shipped to you

or thier is a building close in ohio

I think Michigan says that all vehicles must be bought through a dealer (whether purchased at or from the dealer) but can still be shipped. Tesla, on the other hand, does not have any dealers in which you can buy them from. You would have to have it bought directly from Tesla, which is against Michigan law.

So you're right and wrong, I guess. I'm sure most of those people buy them out of state and register them in Michigan, like you said. 

3 hours ago, theninja35 said:

I think Michigan says that all vehicles must be bought through a dealer (whether purchased at or from the dealer) but can still be shipped. Tesla, on the other hand, does not have any dealers in which you can buy them from. You would have to have it bought directly from Tesla, which is against Michigan law.

So you're right and wrong, I guess. I'm sure most of those people buy them out of state and register them in Michigan, like you said. 

Yeah, there are two or three I've seen in the area. I've yet to meet any of the owners to ask about how they got theirs though. They're really impressive vehicles and I do hope the company eventually gains a foothold here, especially once the more affordable Model 3 eventually makes it to full production.

Look at my systems:

Spoiler

8GB PNY DDR3

EVGA 500W PSU

120GB Toshiba Q300 SSD

1TB Seagate HDD

Xeon E5-2670 (SR0KX)

Cooler Master Hyper T4

ASRock X79 Extreme4

Dell XPS 630i 750W PSU

OCZ Vertex 3 120GB SSD

• 2 weeks later...

The cold front that's come through has been pretty nice, liking this cooler weather much more than what we had last week.

Specs: CPU - Intel i7 8700K @ 5GHz | GPU - Gigabyte GTX 970 G1 Gaming | Motherboard - ASUS Strix Z370-G WIFI AC | RAM - XPG Gammix DDR4-3000MHz 32GB (2x16GB) | Main Drive - Samsung 850 Evo 500GB M.2 | Other Drives - 7TB/3 Drives | CPU Cooler - Corsair H100i Pro | Case - Fractal Design Define C Mini TG | Power Supply - EVGA G3 850W

10 hours ago, TheKDub said:

The cold front that's come through has been pretty nice, liking this cooler weather much more than what we had last week.

I hate the cold weather, it makes the house cold and it makes me realize that school is just around the corner.

3 hours ago, theninja35 said:

I hate the cold weather, it makes the house cold and it makes me realize that school is just around the corner.

I dont mind cold weather as much if I dont have to get out. My gaming rig keeps my room toasty warm. So much so, I some times have to open a window and let mother nature do some work. :D 

I just want to sit back and watch the world burn. 

5 hours ago, theninja35 said:

low 70s with lower humidity is much much nicer than the 80-90 with high humidity that we had last week, especially when your parents won't turn the A/C on and your room is on the top floor..

That and you can put as many layers of clothes on as you want, but you're limited in the amount you can remove.

Specs: CPU - Intel i7 8700K @ 5GHz | GPU - Gigabyte GTX 970 G1 Gaming | Motherboard - ASUS Strix Z370-G WIFI AC | RAM - XPG Gammix DDR4-3000MHz 32GB (2x16GB) | Main Drive - Samsung 850 Evo 500GB M.2 | Other Drives - 7TB/3 Drives | CPU Cooler - Corsair H100i Pro | Case - Fractal Design Define C Mini TG | Power Supply - EVGA G3 850W

• 1 month later...
59 minutes ago, Arty said:

This makes me love living here so much. I love these discussions about our state, especially since we get some of the best compliments.

42 minutes ago, Donut417 said:

Except Meijer sucks. They never have what we need. They are always out of shit. At least at the Belleville location. 

def not the case over here, try another one

44 minutes ago, Donut417 said:

Except Meijer sucks. They never have what we need. They are always out of shit. At least at the Belleville location. 

The Muskegon one over here seems fine, might just be that store.

4 minutes ago, Arty said:

def not the case over here, try another one

We live in Romulus, We do all our shopping in Belleville, because Romulus doesn't even have a grocery store. We started shopping at Kroger on Michigan Ave and Walmart. 

I just want to sit back and watch the world burn. 

On April 8, 2016 at 4:35 PM, wcreek said:

I'm from the glorious state of Minnesota...

ewoijr.PNG

I think the Upper Peninsula of MI should be part of Wisconsin.

Yesss.   Give it to us!  ?  (Wisconsin.)

1 hour ago, Bleedingyamato said:

Yesss.   Give it to us!  ?  (Wisconsin.)

Honestly, idk why the UP as I guess Michiganders call it is part of Michigan. Might've been some kinda feud between Wisconsin and Michigan in their early days. Idk, I just know it'd make more sense for it to be part of Wisconsin. I hear the UP is the better part of Michigan :P or at least the prettier part.

a Moo Floof connoisseur and curator.

:x@handymanshandle x @pinksnowbirdie || Jake x Brendan :x
Youtube Audio Normalization

40 minutes ago, wcreek said:

Honestly, idk why the UP as I guess Michiganders call it is part of Michigan. Might've been some kinda feud between Wisconsin and Michigan in their early days. Idk, I just know it'd make more sense for it to be part of Wisconsin. I hear the UP is the better part of Michigan :P or at least the prettier part.

Never been to Michigan so I wouldn't know.  lol

I think it might have to do with natural resources.  There's a lot of copper or coal in the UP I think.  Definitely a LOT of timber.  Maybe other stuff idk for sure.

I think Michigan got the UP to appease them about losing something else.  Territory or valuable resources elsewhere.  Just a guess though but I have the impression I'm at least partly right.  Like I heard about this somewhere.