HP Introduces the world thinnest laptops. 13inch, gorgeous, and powered by a Core i5/i7 U series CPU. (no Core M, or Y series)

GoodBytes

HP's newer laptops actually look nice.

n0ah1897, on 05 Mar 2014 - 2:08 PM, said:  "Computers are like girls. It's whats in the inside that matters.  I don't know about you, but I like my girls like I like my cases. Just as beautiful on the inside as the outside."

Looks so damn good. I'm more worried about it being flimsy though.

ROG X570-F Strix AMD R9 5900X | EK Elite 360 | EVGA 3080 FTW3 Ultra | G.Skill Trident Z Neo 64gb | Samsung 980 PRO 
ROG Strix XG349C Corsair 4000 | Bose C5 | ROG Swift PG279Q

Logitech G810 Orion Sennheiser HD 518 |  Logitech 502 Hero

I love the look, I hope they have another color besides that copper look, silver perhaps? But I've been going back and forth between razer blade stealth or xps 13 but this might be better than the both of them, we will see. 

1 hour ago, Lazmarr said:

It's not gold, it's more copper coloured :)

Still, I think silver would look way better.

real question though: is the hinge wobbly? can't stand wobbly hinges ever since i got a macbook  

One day I will be able to play Monster Hunter Frontier in French/Italian/English on my PC, it's just a matter of time... 4 5 6 7 8 9 years later: It's finally coming!!!

Phones: iPhone 4S/SE | LG V10 | Lumia 920 | Samsung S24 Ultra

Laptops: Macbook Pro 15" (mid-2012) | Compaq Presario V6000

Other: Steam Deck

<>EVs are bad, they kill the planet and remove freedoms too some/<>

6 hours ago, suicidalfranco said:

you must be lucky! every HP device i've encountered either had the motherboard die (not even worth fixing) or the power delivery circuit fry (still salvageable in my book) or power jack going bonkers (easiest to fix imo)

For my family we've had no isues with the HP/Compaq laptop's that we've bough. The models in question being:

• Compaq Presario R3000 (with options that put it in the $2K AUD price bracket)
  • Compaq CQ60 (model with the 2GHz 45nm Pentium dual core+2GB RAM+250GB HDD+Intel graphics)
  • HP Pavilion DV6 3030AX
  • HP Touchsmart TM2
  • HP Elitebook 2760p (with secondary slim battery+dock

With Asus I know my Grandmother's A3H is still going well, but my Mum's Asus U38N is a lemon that has had a shitload of problems since it was first turned on (USB ports work intermittently, and with few devices, wifi is always slow and has a very short range, bluetooth doesn't work, it took 3 factory resets to finally get Windows working at all on it, Asus kept on blaming Microsoft for the problems, Microsoft kept shoving the blame back on Asus.....).

"We also blind small animals with cosmetics.
We do not sell cosmetics. We just blind animals."

"Please don't mistake us for Equifax. Those fuckers are evil"

This PSA brought to you by Equifacks.
PMSL

Looks quite good and materials well chosen.

| Ryzen 7 7800X3D | AM5 B650 Aorus Elite AX | G.Skill Trident Z5 Neo RGB DDR5 32GB 6000MHz C30 | Sapphire PULSE Radeon RX 7900 XTX | Samsung 990 PRO 1TB with heatsink | Arctic Liquid Freezer II 360 | Seasonic Focus GX-850 | Lian Li Lanccool III | Mousepad: Skypad 3.0 XL / Zowie GTF-X | Mouse: Zowie S1-C | Keyboard: Ducky One 3 TKL (Cherry MX-Speed-Silver)Beyerdynamic MMX 300 (2nd Gen) | Acer XV272U | OS: Windows 11 |

I normally don't buy HP products [other than their printers of course :)

This makes me want to now. This is sexy. 

COMMUNITY STANDARDS   |   TECH NEWS POSTING GUIDELINES   |   FORUM STAFF

LTT Folding Users Tips, Tricks and FAQ   |   F@H & BOINC Badge Request   |   F@H Contribution    My Rig   |   Project Steamroller

I am a Moderator, but I am fallible. Discuss or debate with me as you will but please do not argue with me as that will get us nowhere.

Spoiler

Character is like a Tree and Reputation like its Shadow. The Shadow is what we think of it; The Tree is the Real thing.  ~ Abraham Lincoln

Reputation is a Lifetime to create but seconds to destroy.

You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life.  ~ Winston Churchill

Docendo discimus - "to teach is to learn"

CHRISTIAN MEMBER 

ib4 thermal throttle and 3 hour battery life

This is the first laptop that HP has impressed me with. Well done

Folding for LTT since April 2016.

5 hours ago, shermantanker said:

The touch screen is a deal breaker for me, but otherwise that is one sexy ultrabook.

EDIT: luv the new logo btw

Why is a touch screen a deal breaker?

That "response to customer feedback" burn on apple for having a single usb port

7 hours ago, potoooooooo said:

Why is a touch screen a deal breaker?

I have gotten used to having it on my current laptop, and would really miss not having it. Otherwise it is perfect. I am probably going to wait for the new OLED 360 x2

Main Rig "Rocinante" - Ryzen 9 5900X, EVGA FTW3 RTX 3080 Ultra Gaming, 32GB 3600MHz DDR4

This looks super sexy, i'm glad ultrabooks now have awesome design and features (i just wish they were a little cheaper)

I really like the copper colour and hopefully dbrand will make a cool steampunk skin for this. ofc living in Australia this laptop will be about $2,500

time to rob a bank? 

3 hours ago, shermantanker said:

I have gotten used to having it on my current laptop, and would really miss not having it. Otherwise it is perfect. I am probably going to wait for the new OLED 360 x2

Oh, i thought you meant having a touchscreen was a dealbreaker

my bad

43 minutes ago, Prysin said:

oh hot damn. i want that so bad

I'll put it this way, the integrated graphics alone is far better then the MR HD5650 in my current Pavilion DV6 3010AX. And since its lasted so long like my last HP laptops (albeit the declining battery quality and overall lifespan), if I had the money, I know which one I'd get after the pre-order phase ends and it is in stores (or can be shipped from the US, got a laptop that was around 18 months ahead of what was in stores at the time).

"We also blind small animals with cosmetics.
We do not sell cosmetics. We just blind animals."

"Please don't mistake us for Equifax. Those fuckers are evil"

This PSA brought to you by Equifacks.
PMSL

While i don´t like him too much, here is a freshly released video:

Fanboys, on both sides, are quite embarrassing. How can one be a "fan" of a company? A companies only goal is to make a profit off you. Instead of being a smart consumer and base your purchase decision on the best price / performance you choose to dick yourself over by only considering brand X. Idiotic loss to be honest.

~Quibiss

Welcome to the wonderful world of thermal throttling.

That being said, hot fucking damn, I've never wanted to make love to a laptop, but man, this one makes me want to try. That thing is almost as sexy as me.

I want one, but not for 1200$ and dgpu or amazing specs. I'd give them 500$ max for it.

G3258 V 860k (Spoiler: G3258 wins)

Spoiler

i7-4790K | MSI R9 390x | Cryorig H5 | MSI Z97 Gaming 7 Motherboard | G.Skill Sniper 8gbx2 1600mhz DDR3 | Corsair 300R | WD Green 2TB 2.5" 5400RPM drive | <p>Corsair RM750 | Logitech G602 | Corsair K95 RGB | Logitech Z313

On 4/5/2016 at 4:26 PM, adhisakti said:

I have Asus UX305 with Core M, but this design is very beautiful, I hope they will make the Core M version because I love fanless notebook.

Final cut 

ﷲ   Muslim Member  ﷲ

KennyS and ScreaM are my role models in CSGO.

CPU: i3-4130 Motherboard: Gigabyte H81M-S2PH RAM: 8GB Kingston hyperx fury HDD: WD caviar black 1TB GPU: MSI 750TI twin frozr II Case: Aerocool Xpredator X3 PSU: Corsair RM650

43 minutes ago, Prysin said:

pic12.jpg

Battery: Hybrid Battery....

Does that mean there is a tiny tiny petrol engine inside of there???

And if so, where is the fuel cap?

I saw somewhere that they managed to cram in a 4 cell battery in there. How... i have no idea.

Main Rig "Rocinante" - Ryzen 9 5900X, EVGA FTW3 RTX 3080 Ultra Gaming, 32GB 3600MHz DDR4

So beautiful. Now I can have a laptop that runs Windows AND looks good.