Why do people say xBox is better when PS4 is?

Aleksbgbg

I am a PC gamer...

All I hear in school is how xbox is so much better than PS4, when it isn't statistically - PS4 has better graphics right? In terms of GPU shaders.... it also has better and more RAM, etc.

Am I missing something? x(

Edited by GoodBytes
Edited fitle

||| Drakon (Desktop Build) |||

|| CPU: 3800X || Cooler: Kraken X63 || Motherboard: B450 Aorus M || Memory: HyperX DDR4-3200MHz 16G ||

|| Storage: 512GB 970 Pro + 500GB 850 EVO + 250GB 850 EVO + 1TB HDD + 2TB HDD || Graphics Card: RX 5700 XT Red Devil || Case: Thermaltake Core V21 || PSU: XFX XTR 750W 80+Gold || 

by benchmarks and stats it is better, however i don't know how they optimalise games for consoles and that could be the key

With a console it isn't all about power as it might be with a PC. It's about the experience, and being able to play with friends. The best console is the one your friends have and the one which has the exclusives you want to play.

RIG:FX-6300@4.5GHz 1.4V with Hyper 212 evo with LTT NF-F12:MSI Overclockers R7 260X:4x4B Crucial Ballistix Sport:GA-970A-UD3P:1TB Seagate Brracuda & 120GB Crucial M500(OS and Programs)&Sandisk SSD PLUS(Games) In a Bitfenix Comrade with an NF-F12 as exhaust and OEM case fan as front intake

''time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time''

it's not like they don't have their flaws. Garbage online stability and meh graphics on both. 

The PS4 is definitely better cuz they dont care about power draw as much as Microsoft do. However, it doesnt really matter as they are both capped at 30 FPS

My Rig:

Xeon E5 1680 V2 @ 4.5GHz - Asus Rampage IV Extreme X79 Mobo - 64GB DDR3 1600MHz - 8 x 8GB Corsair Vengeance Low Profile - CAS 10-10-10-27 - AMD Radeon RX 6700XT Sapphire Pulse 12GB - DeepCool E-Shield E-ATX Tempered Glass Case - 1 x 1TB Crucial P1 NVMe SSD - BeQuiet Straight Power 11 850W Gold+ Quad rail - Fractal Design Celsius S36 & 6 x 120mm silent fans - Lenovo KBBH21 - Corsair Glaive RGB Pro - Windows 10 Pro 64-Bit

Monitors - 3 x Acer Nitro 23.8" 1080p 75Hz IPS 1ms Freesync Panels = AMD Eyefinity @ 75Hz

afaik both platforms are very similar, to the point i'd dare to say its not as much the hardware inside that makes the difference, but rather the OS (xbone is basicly a skinned windows, peasant station is their own thing) and offcourse the controller.

now, i am a convinced pc gamer, i have had playstation 1 and 2, i had the original wii, tons of handhelds.

nothing beats the feel of the xbox 360 controller.

I always feel like xbox have had very artificial shaders i.e. more vibrancy

[CPU] Ryzen 5 3600x [Cooling] be quiet! Dark Rock Pro 4 [Mobo] B450 Tomahawk Max [RAM] 16GB (2X8) Corsair Vengeance LPX 3000MHz [GPU] RTX 2070 Super Gaming X Trio [PSU] XFX XTR 750W [Case] Fractal Design Define R5 Windowed

1 minute ago, Zeinone said:

I divide xbox and PS4 on exclusives, not the performance (since it's rather close). I like PS more cuz of God of War.

IMO PS4 looks better, is better, feels better (? xD), is smaller (so better), doens't have a power brick (so is better), ...

|| CPU: 3800X || Cooler: Kraken X63 || Motherboard: B450 Aorus M || Memory: HyperX DDR4-3200MHz 16G ||

|| Storage: 512GB 970 Pro + 500GB 850 EVO + 250GB 850 EVO + 1TB HDD + 2TB HDD || Graphics Card: RX 5700 XT Red Devil || Case: Thermaltake Core V21 || PSU: XFX XTR 750W 80+Gold || 

3 minutes ago, Aleksbgbg said:

I am a PC gamer....

PS4, when it isn't statistically - PS4 has better graphics right? In terms of GPU shaders.... it also has better and more RAM, etc.

Am I missing something? x(

Idk . it's more of personal preference to me.

Compared to XBone the PS4 doesn't require a game to be installed, which is pointless as you still need the bloody game disc to play the game, so why not save more space for downloadable games compared to using up more space for installing the game and just have the blu-ray play the game.

I like PS4 because it has more of my video games, and also better reboots and some  other stuff.

NEVER GIVE UP. NEVER STOP LEARNING. DONT LET THE PAST HURT YOU. YOU CAN DOOOOO IT

1 minute ago, Brennan_Price said:

The PS4 is definitely better cuz they dont care about power draw as much as Microsoft do. However, it doesnt really matter as they are both capped at 30 FPS

My friends say their xbox does the max fps which exists - 60.

My friends are idiots.

Post-Purchase Rationalization, Consumer's Stockholm Syndrome, etc.

"I don't want people to think I bought the Xbox One because I was an idiot, so I better argue that it's better!"

There's really no arguing with these people. It's why I don't argue over console versus PC, or console versus console. Yes, I've met plenty of PC gamers under the same bias try to argue their needlessly expensive machine.

if you have to insist you think for yourself, i'm not going to believe you.

Who says that Xbone is better? i've heard people fanboying over both, but i feel that most people prefer the PS4 (it has higher sales)

"Never quote yourself"

-I need a better name

people claim the one they have as the best to make them feel better about their purchasing decision

not based on any kind of logic

NEW PC build: Blank Heaven   minimalist white and black PC     Old S340 build log "White Heaven"        The "LIGHTCANON" flashlight build log        Project AntiRoll (prototype)        Custom speaker project

Spoiler

Ryzen 3950X | AMD Vega Frontier Edition | ASUS X570 Pro WS | Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | NZXT H500 | Seasonic Prime Fanless TX-700 | Custom loop | Coolermaster SK630 White | Logitech MX Master 2S | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB + 970 Pro 512GB | Samsung 58" 4k TV | Scarlett 2i4 | 2x AT2020

It's so close in performance it's not worth arguing about. 

I would chose which has the best exclusives that suit my interests. For me, it would be the Xbox One.

Talking about graphics, I am honestly impressed by how good games look on both machines. However, that deflates the moment you realize they are mostly running sub 1080p (900 and 720) and only 30fps. 

My Systems:

Main - Work + Gaming:

Spoiler

Woodland Raven: Ryzen 2700X // AMD Wraith RGB // Asus Prime X570-P // G.Skill 2x 8GB 3600MHz DDR4 // Radeon RX Vega 56 // Crucial P1 NVMe 1TB M.2 SSD // Deepcool DQ650-M // chassis build in progress // Windows 10 // Thrustmaster TMX + G27 pedals & shifter

F@H Rig:

Spoiler

FX-8350 // Deepcool Neptwin // MSI 970 Gaming // AData 2x 4GB 1600 DDR3 // 2x Gigabyte RX-570 4G's // Samsung 840 120GB SSD // Cooler Master V650 // Windows 10

HTPC:

Spoiler

SNES PC (HTPC): i3-4150 @3.5 // Gigabyte GA-H87N-Wifi // G.Skill 2x 4GB DDR3 1600 // Asus Dual GTX 1050Ti 4GB OC // AData SP600 128GB SSD // Pico 160XT PSU // Custom SNES Enclosure // 55" LG LED 1080p TV  // Logitech wireless touchpad-keyboard // Windows 10 // Build Log

Laptops:

Spoiler

MY DAILY: Lenovo ThinkPad T410 // 14" 1440x900 // i5-540M 2.5GHz Dual-Core HT // Intel HD iGPU + Quadro NVS 3100M 512MB dGPU // 2x4GB DDR3L 1066 // Mushkin Triactor 480GB SSD // Windows 10

WIFE'S: Dell Latitude E5450 // 14" 1366x768 // i5-5300U 2.3GHz Dual-Core HT // Intel HD5500 // 2x4GB RAM DDR3L 1600 // 500GB 7200 HDD // Linux Mint 19.3 Cinnamon

EXPERIMENTAL: Pinebook // 11.6" 1080p // Manjaro KDE (ARM)

NAS:

Spoiler

Home NAS: Pentium G4400 @3.3 // Gigabyte GA-Z170-HD3 // 2x 4GB DDR4 2400 // Intel HD Graphics // Kingston A400 120GB SSD // 3x Seagate Barracuda 2TB 7200 HDDs in RAID-Z // Cooler Master Silent Pro M 1000w PSU // Antec Performance Plus 1080AMG // FreeNAS OS

2 minutes ago, manikyath said:

afaik both platforms are very similar, to the point i'd dare to say its not as much the hardware inside that makes the difference, but rather the OS (xbone is basicly a skinned windows, peasant station is their own thing) and offcourse the controller.

now, i am a convinced pc gamer, i have had playstation 1 and 2, i had the original wii, tons of handhelds.

nothing beats the feel of the xbox 360 controller.

hahahaha peasant station hahahahahahahahaha <333333

Totally gonna call out all of my friends on that

Just now, Aleksbgbg said:

IMO PS4 looks better, is better, feels better (? xD), is smaller (so better), doens't have a power brick (so is better), ...

From childhood I've been playing on playstation (from ps1 to 4 including psp), so yeah i like it more too. Sometimes its also the joysticks that divides people. There's no precise answer to this although PS4's specs are slightly better than XBONE IMO.

1 minute ago, Suika said:

Post-Purchase Rationalization, Consumer's Stockholm Syndrome, etc.

"I don't want people to think I bought the Xbox One because I was an idiot, so I better argue that it's better!"

There's really no arguing with these people. It's why I don't argue over console versus PC, or console versus console.

I like it. ^

hahahaha peasant station hahahahahahahahaha <333333

Totally gonna call out all of my friends on that

so... around launch someone made a chrome plugin that replaced "xbox one" with "xbone" and "playstation 4" with "peasant station" on all pages you visited.

i dont think i'm doing anything groundbreaking here.

1 minute ago, manikyath said:

so... around launch someone made a chrome plugin that replaced "xbox one" with "xbone" and "playstation 4" with "peasant station" on all pages you visited.

i dont think i'm doing anything groundbreaking here.

This is the funniest thing I've seen all day week month year decade.

21 minutes ago, Aleksbgbg said:

All I hear in school is how xbox is so much better than PS4, when it isn't statistically - PS4 has better graphics right? In terms of GPU shaders.... it also has better and more RAM, etc.

You're right, the PS4 is significantly more powerful, but all that seems to mean is more games running at native 1080p when the Xbone is frequently rendering at 720p or 900p. If they instead used that superior hardware to push a better framerate one could at least claim a PS4 is a considerably better gaming experience. The PS4 often has marginally less blurry graphics, but I think that's kind of a weak argument.

Exclusives are probably a better way to pick a "side," and that's entirely up to personal preference. Maybe your friends are giant Halo fans. For me, the PS4 has vastly more interesting exclusives. Though to be honest I'd probably take the Wii U's exclusives over either, were it not for Bloodborne.

Really, you'd be better of asking your friends at school to defend it, rather than us. :P

They are both shit.

But maybe they are not going on about the graphics (because honestly, not even Sony/PS4 fan(boy)s should be allowed to praise their console's graphic quality), but rather the game selection. I would get the Xbox One over the PS4 because of the exclusives on the console (plus the PS4 controller is.. Terrible IMO but eh)

Either way, Wii U = best console now!

"We're all in this together, might as well be friends" Tom, Toonami.

mini eLiXiVy: my open source 65% mechanical PCB, a build log, PCB anatomy and discussing open source licenses: https://linustechtips.com/topic/1366493-elixivy-a-65-mechanical-keyboard-build-log-pcb-anatomy-and-how-i-open-sourced-this-project/

mini_cardboard: a 4% keyboard build log and how keyboards workhttps://linustechtips.com/topic/1328547-mini_cardboard-a-4-keyboard-build-log-and-how-keyboards-work/

This is the funniest thing I've seen all day week month year decade.

i honestly just adopted the "xbone" name because it types easier, and not adopting "peasant station" would then be discrimination.

i also have the glorious tugboat master race:

http://puu.sh/nJPNc/a972e37960.mp4 (puush is a butt today, this one may take a while to load)

Just now, Minibois said:

They are both shit.

But maybe they are not going on about the graphics (because honestly, not even Sony/PS4 fan(boy)s should be allowed to praise their console's graphic quality), but rather the game selection. I would get the Xbox One over the PS4 because of the exclusives on the console (plus the PS4 controller is.. Terrible IMO but eh)

Either way, Wii U = best console now!

fuck that Gameboy is best console