Matrox releases new gpu capable of 9 monitors

FatalRecovery

I'm generally a noob when it comes to computers so I don't really know what you could do with nine monitors. In the article it says

a card of this caliber is best suited for signage installations in retail, corporate, entertainment and hospitality environments.

I'm going to guess and say that something like this is huge in those industries. The article also claims 

it can push nine 1,920 x 1,080 displays at 60Hz either in a 9x1 or 3x3 video wall configuration. Matrox says the card offers a total desktop resolution of 5,760 x 3,240 when in the latter configuration.

it supports digital audio through HDMI and is DirectX 12 and OpenGL 4.4 compliant and is also compatible with Matrox Mura IPX Series 4K capture and IP encoder & decoder cards.

I would really like to see linus do something with this gpu in the future.

LINK TO THE ARTICLE: http://www.techspot.com/news/63702-matrox-c900-single-slot-nine-output.html

Link to the article should be in the post.

But other than that, looks interesting if nothing else. It will be interesting on how many slots it uses.

1 minute ago, iamdarkyoshi said:

Holy shit I need one

Imagine linus putting like 7 of them in a PC with riser cables for ballsloads of monitors

http://techreport.com/news/29679/matrox-c900-graphics-card-drives-nine-displays-from-a-single-slot

It's a AMD card for pure productivity.

Archangel (Desktop) CPU: i5 4590 GPU:Asus R9 280  3GB RAM:HyperX Beast 2x4GBPSU:SeaSonic S12G 750W Mobo:GA-H97m-HD3 Case:CM Silencio 650 Storage:1 TB WD Red
Celestial (Laptop 1) CPU:i7 4720HQ GPU:GTX 860M 4GB RAM:2x4GB SK Hynix DDR3Storage: 250GB 850 EVO Model:Lenovo Y50-70
Seraph (Laptop 2) CPU:i7 6700HQ GPU:GTX 970M 3GB RAM:2x8GB DDR4Storage: 256GB Samsung 951 + 1TB Toshiba HDD Model:Asus GL502VT

Windows 10 is now MSX! - http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/440190-can-we-start-calling-windows-10/page-6

1 minute ago, MysteriousKiwi said:

Link to the article should be in the post.

But other than that, looks interesting if nothing else. It will be interesting on how many slots it uses.

I forgot to mention another quote from the article

The card is noteworthy as it's the world's first single-slot, nine-output graphics card.

2 minutes ago, iamdarkyoshi said:

Holy shit I need one

Imagine linus putting like 7 of them in a PC with riser cables for ballsloads of monitors

A literal half-sphere of ultrawide monitors above.

Tip to those that are new on LTT forum- quote a post so that the person you are quoting gets a notification, otherwise they'll have no idea that you did. You can also use a tag such as @Ryoutarou97 (replace my username with anyone's. You should get a dropdown after you type the "@")to send a notification, but quoting is preferable.

Feel free to PM me about absolutely anything be it tech, math, literature, etc. I'll try my best to help. I'm currently looking for a cheap used build for around $25 to set up as a home server if anyone is selling.

If you are a native speaker please use proper English if you can. Punctuation, capitalization, and spelling are as important to making your message readable as proper night theme formatting is.

My build is fully operational, but won't be posted until after I get a GPU in it and the case arted up.

Just now, zMeul said:

Matrox staying relevant 

I have never heard of them before. There is a third company making discrete GPUs?

Tip to those that are new on LTT forum- quote a post so that the person you are quoting gets a notification, otherwise they'll have no idea that you did. You can also use a tag such as @Ryoutarou97 (replace my username with anyone's. You should get a dropdown after you type the "@")to send a notification, but quoting is preferable.

Feel free to PM me about absolutely anything be it tech, math, literature, etc. I'll try my best to help. I'm currently looking for a cheap used build for around $25 to set up as a home server if anyone is selling.

If you are a native speaker please use proper English if you can. Punctuation, capitalization, and spelling are as important to making your message readable as proper night theme formatting is.

My build is fully operational, but won't be posted until after I get a GPU in it and the case arted up.

1 minute ago, Ryoutarou97 said:

I have never heard of them before. There is a third company making discrete GPUs?

Matrox is old as fuck - founded in 1976

comparatively, ATi - 1985 and nVidia - 1993

I havent heard the name matrox since the 90's lol.. didn't even know they were still around.

my work in progress

i5 6600k  //  16gb g.skill ddr4 3000  //  evga gtx 980

custom water loop

AMD has cards that can do 24 monitors on one card.

4 1080p screens per DP, with 6 DP.

if you want to annoy me, then join my teamspeak server ts.benja.cc

you know there are GPUs that can do 10, 20 and way more monitors, right?

these are professional display cards, not gaming cards

you do not play games on these

you use them to display stocks or documents or whatever

NEW PC build: Blank Heaven   minimalist white and black PC     Old S340 build log "White Heaven"        The "LIGHTCANON" flashlight build log        Project AntiRoll (prototype)        Custom speaker project

Spoiler

Ryzen 3950X | AMD Vega Frontier Edition | ASUS X570 Pro WS | Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | NZXT H500 | Seasonic Prime Fanless TX-700 | Custom loop | Coolermaster SK630 White | Logitech MX Master 2S | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB + 970 Pro 512GB | Samsung 58" 4k TV | Scarlett 2i4 | 2x AT2020

1 hour ago, iamdarkyoshi said:

Holy shit I need one

Well thats the thing, they are single slot GPUs so you could essentially install 7 of them in a computer without riser cards or PCIE extender cable. These are insane regardless 

WTF is this shit, HDMI wtf. No use in professional because no professional should use hdmi

The Dick of the audio page!

9 minutes ago, EndlessOyster said:

WTF is this shit, HDMI wtf. No use in professional because no professional should use hdmi

what?!

for example, people that monitor the stock market would want one of these

Just now, zMeul said:

what?!

for example, people that monitor the stock market would want one of these

I guess thats one use but this should never be used on a instillation because HDMI isnt able to be locked in. You dont want to be the cause of making a hole airport go into melt down because a hdmi cable fell out

The Dick of the audio page!

3 hours ago, Ryoutarou97 said:

jesus christ how young are you?

Intel i5-6600K@4.2GHz, 16GB Crucial DDR4-2133, Gigabyte Z170X-UD3, Be quiet shadow rock slim, Sapphire RX 480 Nitro+ OC, Fractal design Integra M 550W, NZXT S340, Sandisk X110 128GB, WD black 750GB, Seagate momentus 160GB, HGST 160GB

I will be trying to convince my company to get a couple since they have linux support.  We currently have a 6x6 1080p videowall in our office(We do digital signage solutions)

22 minutes ago, EndlessOyster said:

Not true at all, a lot of the videowall deployments we have use HDMI.

8 minutes ago, ashypanda said:

jesus christ how young are you?

I'm 17 years old. I'm about -60 years young based on U.S. life expectancy (2015).

2 minutes ago, iamdarkyoshi said:

Due to it using HDMI, I wonder how long it will be before someone designs a 3D printable solution that holds them in place

I don't get it, why do you think that the hdmi cable is going to fall out of a static videowall? HDMI cables don't just fall out of the displays if they are not being moved. This card is intended for digital signage/control room type use cases.

28 minutes ago, EndlessOyster said:

I guess thats one use but this should never be used on a instillation because HDMI isnt able to be locked in. You dont want to be the cause of making a hole airport go into melt down because a hdmi cable fell out

well, there are HDMIs with lock in:

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcT9w_1v7XGcQbmhf7Dyplk

Holy shit, they're still around? 

Bleigh!  Ever hear of AC series? 

4 hours ago, FatalRecovery said:

I'm generally a noob when it comes to computers so I don't really know what you could do with nine monitors. In the article it says

I'm going to guess and say that something like this is huge in those industries. The article also claims 

I would really like to see linus do something with this gpu in the future.

LINK TO THE ARTICLE: http://www.techspot.com/news/63702-matrox-c900-single-slot-nine-output.html

For stock quotes and stock sharts.

Intel Xeon E5 1650 v3 @ 3.5GHz 6C:12T / CM212 Evo / Asus X99 Deluxe / 16GB (4x4GB) DDR4 3000 Trident-Z / Samsung 850 Pro 256GB / Intel 335 240GB / WD Red 2 & 3TB / Antec 850w / RTX 2070 / Win10 Pro x64

HP Envy X360 15: Intel Core i5 8250U @ 1.6GHz 4C:8T / 8GB DDR4 / Intel UHD620 + Nvidia GeForce MX150 4GB / Intel 120GB SSD / Win10 Pro x64

HP Envy x360 BP series Intel 8th gen

AMD ThreadRipper 2!

5820K & 6800K 3-way SLI mobo support list