Gmail has reached 1 Billion users now

Agent181

Source : endgadget

Does it feel like virtually everyone you know has a Gmail address? You're not alone. While discussing its latest fiscal results, Alphabet has confirmed that there are now over 1 billion active Gmail users per month, or 100 million more than there were last May. That's a big milestone, but it's almost surprising that Google's email service didn't hit the magic figure earlier. After all, Facebook reached the 1 billion mark last summer, and it's a non-essential social network -- you'd think a vital tool like email would get there first. Clearly, Facebook is a more common bond that transcends your choice of email providers.

- Jon Fingas

So now Google or Alphabet, depending on what you want to call the corporate giant has now reached 1 Billion monthly users

Honestly I would of thought there would have been more but I also myself have 9 gmail accounts.... so that may be an inflated number and not so accurate. How many emails do you have and is it gmail or another?

outlook for me...I really dont care for gmail

System Specs

CPU: Ryzen 5 5600x | Mobo: Gigabyte B550i Aorus Pro AX | RAM: Hyper X Fury 3600 64gb | GPU: Nvidia FE 4090 | Storage: WD Blk SN750 NVMe - 1tb, Samsung 860 Evo - 1tb, WD Blk - 6tb/5tb, WD Red - 10tb | PSU:Corsair ax860 | Cooling: AMD Wraith Stealth  Displays: 55" Samsung 4k Q80R, 24" BenQ XL2420TE/XL2411Z & Asus VG248QE | Kb: K70 RGB Blue | Mouse: Logitech G903 | Case: Fractal Torrent RGB | Extra: HTC Vive, Fanatec CSR/Shifters/CSR Elite Pedals w/ Rennsport stand, Thustmaster Warthog HOTAS, Track IR5,, ARCTIC Z3 Pro Triple Monitor Arm | OS: Win 10 Pro 64 bit

I have 10 gmails accounts ... they don't tell us if it active users/per IP. 

Magical Pineapples

it was inevitable

Long live Stalin, he loves you; sing these words, or you know what he’ll do!

I have two Gmail accounts :P
But anyways, it's my preferred email thing now so yeah

"We're all in this together, might as well be friends" Tom, Toonami.

mini eLiXiVy: my open source 65% mechanical PCB, a build log, PCB anatomy and discussing open source licenses: https://linustechtips.com/topic/1366493-elixivy-a-65-mechanical-keyboard-build-log-pcb-anatomy-and-how-i-open-sourced-this-project/

mini_cardboard: a 4% keyboard build log and how keyboards workhttps://linustechtips.com/topic/1328547-mini_cardboard-a-4-keyboard-build-log-and-how-keyboards-work/

50% are secondary accounts. :D:D:D:D:D

CPU: Intel I7 4790K 4.8 Ghz || Mobo: ASUS ROG Maximus Hero 6 Z87 || Ram: Corsair Vengeance 16 GB 1600 Mhz || GPU: ASUS GTX 980 Ti STRIX || Storage: 2 x SSD Samsung 840 EVO 250 GB RAID 0 HDD Western Digital 1 TB Black || PSU: Corsair AX 860 watt || Cooling: 2 x AF 140mm (front), 2 AF120 Blue LED (bottom and back), 2 SP120 (top on radiator) ||  CPU cooler: Corsair H100i GTX || Case: Corsair obsidian 750D <3 <3 <3 

I wish my first email account that has everything on it wasn't yahoo :(

To be fair , yahoo messenger was very popular back then ( at least in eastern europe )

23 minutes ago, jurian123 said:

50% are secondary accounts. :D:D:D:D:D

30 minutes ago, MrUnknownEMC said:

I have 10 gmails accounts ... they don't tell us if it active users/per IP. 

Yehp, I myself have 4 Gmail accounts. 

CPU: Intel i7 8700K | CPU Cooler: be quiet! Dark Rock Pro 3 | RAM: Kingston HyperX 2x8GB | Motherboard: Asus ROG Z370-E | GPU: MSI GTX 970 | HDD: Seagate Barracuda 1TB & 2TB | SSD: Samsung 840 EVO 250GB & 970 EVO M.2 500GB | Case: Phanteks Enthoo Evolv X | PSU: Silverstone Platinum Strider 1100W | Monitor: AOC i2367Fh | Headphones: ATH-M40X | Mic: Antlion ModMic 4 | Keyboard: Corsair K70 RGB w/ MX Browns | Mouse: Logitech G502 HERO

Make sure you quote or mention the person you're replying to in your comment. Also remember to follow your thread when creating it to get a notification every time someone replies. 

Be nice and have fun. Cheers!

35 minutes ago, Agent181 said:

Source : endgadget

So now Google or Alphabet, depending on what you want to call the corporate giant has now reached 1 Billion monthly users

Honestly I would of thought there would have been more but I also myself have 9 gmail accounts.... so that may be an inflated number and not so accurate. How many emails do you have and is it gmail or another?

If I figure out how to use Outlook on the desktop app then I would use it. That and the fact that you can't migrate Microsoft Accounts to different emails.

Also, Gmail is the worst email platform ever. I'm trying to stop using Google Products as a whole.

Judge a product on its own merits AND the company that made it.

How to setup MSI Afterburner OSD | How to make your AMD Radeon GPU more efficient with Radeon Chill | (Probably) Why LMG Merch shipping to the EU is expensive

Oneplus 6 (Early 2023 to present) | HP Envy 15" x360 R7 5700U (Mid 2021 to present) | Steam Deck (Late 2022 to present)

Mid 2023 AlTech Desktop Refresh - AMD R7 5800X (Mid 2023), XFX Radeon RX 6700XT MBA (Mid 2021), MSI X370 Gaming Pro Carbon (Early 2018), 32GB DDR4-3200 (16GB x2) (Mid 2022

Noctua NH-D15 (Early 2021), Corsair MP510 1.92TB NVMe SSD (Mid 2020), beQuiet Pure Wings 2 140mm x2 & 120mm x1 (Mid 2023),

9 minutes ago, AluminiumTech said:

If I figure out how to use Outlook on the desktop app then I would use it. That and the fact that you can't migrate Microsoft Accounts to different emails.

Also, Gmail is the worst email platform ever. I'm trying to stop using Google Products as a whole.

Did you had one bad experience with Google and you against them? :)

I use several emails including Googles and Microsoft, I prefer Gmail even tho live from Microsoft was my first email, Google is just more cosy to me.

21 minutes ago, Si3Rra_7 said:

I wish my first email account that has everything on it wasn't yahoo :(

To be fair , yahoo messenger was very popular back then ( at least in eastern europe )

Auto forward all your old email boxes to your main email and you don't have to check them all. I find forwarding easier to keep track of all my emails when you have several boxes. The only thing is if you have to reply with particular email you have to login with whichever email was the recipient.

4 minutes ago, bigneo said:

Did you had one bad experience with Google and you against them? :)

I use several emails including Googles and Microsoft, I prefer Gmail even tho live from Microsoft was my first email, Google is just more cosy to me.

There is a whole host of things Google does that pisses me off. (mostly privacy or lack thereof but also security).

Judge a product on its own merits AND the company that made it.

How to setup MSI Afterburner OSD | How to make your AMD Radeon GPU more efficient with Radeon Chill | (Probably) Why LMG Merch shipping to the EU is expensive

Oneplus 6 (Early 2023 to present) | HP Envy 15" x360 R7 5700U (Mid 2021 to present) | Steam Deck (Late 2022 to present)

Mid 2023 AlTech Desktop Refresh - AMD R7 5800X (Mid 2023), XFX Radeon RX 6700XT MBA (Mid 2021), MSI X370 Gaming Pro Carbon (Early 2018), 32GB DDR4-3200 (16GB x2) (Mid 2022

Noctua NH-D15 (Early 2021), Corsair MP510 1.92TB NVMe SSD (Mid 2020), beQuiet Pure Wings 2 140mm x2 & 120mm x1 (Mid 2023),

Google are pretty dodgy (avoid paying tax in many countries for example) but damn their email service is good.

i7 6700K - ASUS Maximus VIII Ranger - Corsair H110i GT CPU Cooler - EVGA GTX 980 Ti ACX2.0+ SC+ - 16GB Corsair Vengeance LPX 3000MHz - Samsung 850 EVO 500GB - AX760i - Corsair 450D - XB270HU G-Sync Monitor

i7 3770K - H110 Corsair CPU Cooler - ASUS P8Z77 V-PRO - GTX 980 Reference - 16GB HyperX Beast 1600MHz - Intel 240GB SSD - HX750i - Corsair 750D - XB270HU G-Sync Monitor

1 Billion users. Wow. And for that I get some random person in India trying to access my account earlier today. 

a4f11588d1e274a4627be9032acd71f6.png

NOTE: Never put an application (that you made) into virustotal.com if it has an email in it. They will steal it. 

CPU: i5 4670k @ 3.4GHz + Corsair H100i      GPU: Gigabyte GTX 680 SOC (+215 Core|+162 Mem)     SSD: Kingston V300 240GB (OS)      Headset: Logitech G930 

Case: Cosair Vengance C70 (white)                RAM: 16GB TeamGroup Elite Black DDR3 1600MHz       HDD: 1TB WD Blue                              Mouse: Logitech G602

OS: Windows 7 Home Premium                       PSUXFX Core Edition 750w                                                Motherboard: MSI Z97-G45               Keyboard: Logitech G510

I use Hotmail/Outlook but have Gmail as alt though I wish they redesign UI cause it's bad.

| Ryzen 7 7800X3D | AM5 B650 Aorus Elite AX | G.Skill Trident Z5 Neo RGB DDR5 32GB 6000MHz C30 | Sapphire PULSE Radeon RX 7900 XTX | Samsung 990 PRO 1TB with heatsink | Arctic Liquid Freezer II 360 | Seasonic Focus GX-850 | Lian Li Lanccool III | Mousepad: Skypad 3.0 XL / Zowie GTF-X | Mouse: Zowie S1-C | Keyboard: Ducky One 3 TKL (Cherry MX-Speed-Silver)Beyerdynamic MMX 300 (2nd Gen) | Acer XV272U | OS: Windows 11 |

I have 2 personal Gmail accounts. My school email is through Google Apps For Education. One of my websites uses the free version of Google Apps For Work  (grandfathered in from when the free plan was still a thing). My main website uses Zoho mail. I also have two Aol emails from forever ago. And a Yahoo email. Ok after writing this I realize my email situation is a mess.

Edited by BURNINGJUNK
Can´t Spell

Rich Purnell Is A Steely-Eyed Missile Man

I use all popular formats. Some universities use Gmail services as edu accounts. A better would would be how many active users.

i have a gmail and a hotmail but i never use the hotmail because it is horrible.

I have 2 personal and a business gmail. 

Wishing leads to ambition and ambition leads to motivation and motivation leads to me building an illegal rocket ship in my backyard.

10 hours ago, Nexxus said:

outlook for me...I really dont care for gmail

Outlook is pretty glorious. Gmail feels so shitty and featureless when I go home and use my personal email.

Anyways, I have 14 gmail accounts.

Meanwhile I have been trying to stay away from Google Services. I don't like feeling dependent of a platform, I have to know that if google or Microsoft die the next day, I would stay unaffected.