Best computer desk?

LE_Evolution

whats the best small - medium computer desk..

0-250-300 price tag.

Thanks

Matthew Martin

- Selectivepixel

-SelectivePixel 

Best is subjective.

System Specs

CPU: Ryzen 5 5600x | Mobo: Gigabyte B550i Aorus Pro AX | RAM: Hyper X Fury 3600 64gb | GPU: Nvidia FE 4090 | Storage: WD Blk SN750 NVMe - 1tb, Samsung 860 Evo - 1tb, WD Blk - 6tb/5tb, WD Red - 10tb | PSU:Corsair ax860 | Cooling: AMD Wraith Stealth  Displays: 55" Samsung 4k Q80R, 24" BenQ XL2420TE/XL2411Z & Asus VG248QE | Kb: K70 RGB Blue | Mouse: Logitech G903 | Case: Fractal Torrent RGB | Extra: HTC Vive, Fanatec CSR/Shifters/CSR Elite Pedals w/ Rennsport stand, Thustmaster Warthog HOTAS, Track IR5,, ARCTIC Z3 Pro Triple Monitor Arm | OS: Win 10 Pro 64 bit

You could probably save a lot by mounting a slab of wood to the wall rather than investing in a desk.

The idea I have in mind uses L-shape brackets on the bottom of the table-surface and wall mounts with multiple screw holes to allow height adjustment, although you'll have to take everything off to adjust the height.

go to ikea and pick up your budget worth of parts.

My back, you can buy me for 150$

I7-6700k @ 4.8Ghz, EVGA Z170 Classified, Corsair Vengeance LPX 4x8 32 GB, EVGA FTW+ ACX 2.0 GeForce GTX 980ti 6 GB x3, 2Tb WD Black x3, 1Tb Samsung 850 Evo, 400Gb Intel NVME PCIE SSD, Corsair RMx 850w 80+ Gold, Corsair Strafe Cherry MX Brown RGB, SteelSeries Sensei Raw

Dat jumbo cup holder :P

Desktop - Corsair 300r i7 4770k H100i MSI 780ti 16GB Vengeance Pro 2400mhz Crucial MX100 512gb Samsung Evo 250gb 2 TB WD Green, AOC Q2770PQU 1440p 27" monitor Laptop Clevo W110er - 11.6" 768p, i5 3230m, 650m GT 2gb, OCZ vertex 4 256gb,  4gb ram, Server: Fractal Define Mini, MSI Z78-G43, Intel G3220, 8GB Corsair Vengeance, 4x 3tb WD Reds in Raid 10, Phone Oppo Reno 10x 256gb , Camera Sony A7iii

Dat jumbo cup holder :P

serious that thing is hideous, someone couldn't sell that to me for $20

System Specs

CPU: Ryzen 5 5600x | Mobo: Gigabyte B550i Aorus Pro AX | RAM: Hyper X Fury 3600 64gb | GPU: Nvidia FE 4090 | Storage: WD Blk SN750 NVMe - 1tb, Samsung 860 Evo - 1tb, WD Blk - 6tb/5tb, WD Red - 10tb | PSU:Corsair ax860 | Cooling: AMD Wraith Stealth  Displays: 55" Samsung 4k Q80R, 24" BenQ XL2420TE/XL2411Z & Asus VG248QE | Kb: K70 RGB Blue | Mouse: Logitech G903 | Case: Fractal Torrent RGB | Extra: HTC Vive, Fanatec CSR/Shifters/CSR Elite Pedals w/ Rennsport stand, Thustmaster Warthog HOTAS, Track IR5,, ARCTIC Z3 Pro Triple Monitor Arm | OS: Win 10 Pro 64 bit

serious that thing is hideous, someone couldn't sell that to me for $20

Yeah I agree its horrible, Id rather have no PC and no desk haha

id rather have a nice big wood or glass surface like the ikea desks

Desktop - Corsair 300r i7 4770k H100i MSI 780ti 16GB Vengeance Pro 2400mhz Crucial MX100 512gb Samsung Evo 250gb 2 TB WD Green, AOC Q2770PQU 1440p 27" monitor Laptop Clevo W110er - 11.6" 768p, i5 3230m, 650m GT 2gb, OCZ vertex 4 256gb,  4gb ram, Server: Fractal Define Mini, MSI Z78-G43, Intel G3220, 8GB Corsair Vengeance, 4x 3tb WD Reds in Raid 10, Phone Oppo Reno 10x 256gb , Camera Sony A7iii

No offense but that desk is horrendous! It just screams "Im going to live with my parent's till I'm 40!"

Main Rig CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 5700x GPU: Asus TUF Gaming RX5700XT MBASUS AM4 TUF Gaming X570-Plus RAM: 64GB Corsair Dominator Platinum 3200 CPU Cooler: Cooler Master Master Liquid LC240E SSD: Crucial 250gb M.2 + Crucial 500gb SSD HDD: PSU: Thermaltake Toughpower Gran RGB 850W 80+ Gold Case: Corsair Carbide 275R KB: Glorious GMMK 85% MOUSE: Razer Naga Trinity HEADSET: Go XLR with Shure SM7B mic and beyerdynamic DT 990

unRAID Plex Server CPU: Intel i7 6700 GPU: Nvidia Quadro P2000 MB: Asus B150M-C RAM: Crucial Ballistix 32gb DDR4 3000MT/s CPU Cooler: Stock Intel SSD: Western Digital 500GB Red HDD: 4TB Seagate Baracude 3x 4TB Seagate Ironwolf PSU: EVGA BT 80+ Bronze 450W Case: Cooler Master HAF XB EVO KB: Cheap Logitech KB + Mouse combo

Whatever's comfortable for you.

DAYTONA

PROCESSOR - AMD RYZEN 7 3700X
MOTHERBOARD - ASUS PRIME X370-PRO
RAM - 32GB (4x8GB) CORSAIR VENGEANCE LPX DDR4-2400
CPU COOLING - NOCTUA NH-D14
GRAPHICS CARD - EVGA NVIDIA GEFORCE GTX 980Ti SC+ ACX 2.0 w/ BACKPLATE
BOOT and PROGRAMS - CORSAIR MP600 1TB
GAMES and FILES - TOSHIBA 2TB
INTERNAL BACKUP - WESTERN DIGITAL GREEN 4TB
POWER SUPPLY - CORSAIR RM850i
CASE - CORSAIR OBSIDIAN 750D

Go to IKEA.

I got a 75cm deep, 150cm wide slab of thick desk surface for just £14.

Then the legs are modular, I chose two open storage cabinet legs for £30 each, or you can get closed filing cabinets for £40, or just 4 sticks of wood which are cheaper.

The modular surface sizes they did when I bought mine were:

100x60 cm

150x75 cm

200x60 cm

I had just enough space for 150 cm wide, plus that one had the most depth.

Only problem is with the cabinet legs, the surface just sits on them. So they aren't idiot proof if someone comes along and tries to sit on the desk, you'll end up more annoyed then when dumb people poke your expensive monitor.

Pro solution to that though is to ban entry to your man cave for anyone else.

Linus is my fetish.

You could probably save a lot by mounting a slab of wood to the wall rather than investing in a desk.

The idea I have in mind uses L-shape brackets on the bottom of the table-surface and wall mounts with multiple screw holes to allow height adjustment,

You would also need something to take the weight at the front; only having the "slab of wood" cantilevered out from the wall is a no go I'm afraid (well you could do it but the "slab" would have to be Vthick).

Two motoes to live by   "Sometimes there are no shortcuts"

"This too shall pass"

You would also need something to take the weight at the front; only having the "slab of wood" cantilevered out from the wall is a no go I'm afraid (well you could do it but the "slab" would have to be Vthick).

The part of the L-bracket joined to the bottom table would extend almost all the way to the end, and would be secured to the mount on the wall with several bolts. The wall-mount, in turn, will be safely secured to the wall.

I'll post you on how this goes.

The part of the L-bracket joined to the bottom table would extend almost all the way to the end, and would be secured to the mount on the wall with several bolts. The wall-mount, in turn, will be safely secured to the wall.

I'll post you on how this goes.

Fair enough.

However I wouldn't trust my monitor KB.mouse (maybe even the actual computer) to something that was only supported at one end.

Best of luck with it all.

Two motoes to live by   "Sometimes there are no shortcuts"

"This too shall pass"

No offense but that desk is horrendous! It just screams "Im going to live with my parent's till I'm 40!"

Haha, I guess it is a little tacky. I just like it for the features. Headphone hanger, cupholder (to prevent spills on the keyboard), and a place for DVDs/Games... I definitely like IKEA desks more, but I saw it on Amazon and considered it, haha~

My back, you can buy me for 150$

I come cute, fully built, will make sandwiches, clean, and I have cat ears o:

I7-6700k @ 4.8Ghz, EVGA Z170 Classified, Corsair Vengeance LPX 4x8 32 GB, EVGA FTW+ ACX 2.0 GeForce GTX 980ti 6 GB x3, 2Tb WD Black x3, 1Tb Samsung 850 Evo, 400Gb Intel NVME PCIE SSD, Corsair RMx 850w 80+ Gold, Corsair Strafe Cherry MX Brown RGB, SteelSeries Sensei Raw

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00272N3DK?psc=1&redirect=true&ref_=ox_sc_act_title_3&smid=A1LMEUVMOBHZMU

You should check out this little gem that i found on amazon, i am definately going to be purchasing this soon, its wide and deep and nothing cheap that will break easily.

tbh that looks cheaper then my cheap ikea desk..

System Specs

tbh that looks cheaper then my cheap ikea desk..

heres some quotes from the reviews on amazon

"If you only plan on putting one box under this, you're going to want longer cables. Solid enough to double as a bomb shelter."

"This thing is HEAVY. 150 lbs, and the desk panel alone probably weighs 70 pounds if not more (a wild guesstimate)."

"My son is very happy with this desk. It is built to last forever. Highly recommended."

"It's huge, simple to assemble and sturdy."

" I'm 5'8 240 (fat guy) and I can sit on the desk with no problem and it can hold my weight. ;)"

My money will go to this desk, not some $300 junk from ikea

I come cute, fully built, will make sandwiches, clean, and I have cat ears o:

*Checks profile*

"Gender: Female"

OhYea.jpg

"Age: 16"

Haveaseatoverthere.jpg

But anyways on to the topic at hand:

$90 Origami RDE

It has room for my Corsair 750d tower underneath with 3 inches of airflow on top and 5.5 inches (counting the tower's feet) on the bottom so it should comfortably hold any tower you own.

Pros:

1) Easy construction, just fold it open, lock it, slide the top on, slide the other two locks and it is assembled.

2) Shelf on the bottom. Great for airflow (comes with airholes in flooring but if your laptop has no feet I would suggest getting some stick on feet for it as the airholes are not very big).

3) Solid construction - rated for 250lbs per shelf.

4) Lightweight - easy to transport.

5) Looks nice - very minimalist and elegant, suits my personal tastes at least.

6) Price - Super freaking affordable for everything it offers.

Cons:

1) Only thing I can think of is that it does not have a keyboard tray but you can easily buy one and attach it but I would suggest going with a raised monitor stand instead so you have your entire desk area for your mouse/keyboard.

*Checks profile*

"Gender: Female"

OhYea.jpg

"Age: 16"

Haveaseatoverthere.jpg

$150 ShiroArikawa is really good.

It has room for my Corsair 750d tower underneath with 3 inches of airflow on top and 5.5 inches (counting the tower's feet) on the bottom so it should comfortably hold any tower you own.

Pros:

1) Easy construction, just fold it open, lock it, slide the top on, slide the other two locks and it is assembled.

2) Shelf on the bottom. Great for airflow (comes with airholes in flooring but if your laptop has no feet I would suggest getting some stick on feet for it as the airholes are not very big).

3) Solid construction - rated for 250lbs per shelf.

4) Lightweight - easy to transport.

5) Looks nice - very minimalist and elegant, suits my personal tastes at least.

6) Price - Super freaking affordable for everything it offers.

Hehe, so nice, thanks.

Back in college I used to build my own desks, since a lot of premade-assembly-required stuff you tend to get what you paid for. 

If you have time, build yourself a desk. 

When I moved into my house I bought an L desk and matching cabinet(like Bush furniture) since I had to no time... new house is a lot of work. Now I have time to make additions and customize my space.

iPhone 5 / iPad 1 / iPad 3 / iPad Mini / iPad Air 2 | Galaxy S / Nexus 7 / Sero 7 / Nvidia Shield Tablet

Asus Maximus VI Hero / i7 4770 / GTX 780 Windforce SLI / Samsung 850 Pro 1TB / Rosewill Blackhawk

G710 & G500s / Cougar 600K / Blackwidow Ultimate 2016

Back in college I used to build my own desks, since a lot of premade-assembly-required stuff you tend to get what you paid for. 

If you have time, build yourself a desk. 

When I moved into my house I bought an L desk and matching cabinet(like Bush furniture) since I had to no time... new house is a lot of work. Now I have time to make additions and customize my space.

OR

(This version has a keyboard tray but I couldn't find one on amazon that did, also I prefer to use a monitor platform so I can have the entire desk for my keyboard&mouse anyways.)