Valve might be releasing a game with '3' in it.

The_Stig

Valve are apparently able to focus all their attention on a new Left 4 Dead title after putting Half-Life 3 on ice, but the company is yet to comment on the speculation.

There also appears to be no knowledge of when Left 4 Dead 3 would come out, with the last in the series released back in 2009.

Reports also claim that the four characters have already been given names, with the sole female said to be known as Katherine.

The three male characters apparently include gangster Irvin, comic book nerd Keenan and famous Kenpo fighter Garrett Jr.

As previously reported on Express Gaming, there will be six separate campaigns to play on Left 4 Dead 3.

These include old-favourite No Mercy, Cliff-Hanger, Early Destination, Crashland, Impasse and Inquisitor Land.

It is added that Valve have decided to go ahead with Left 4 Dead after putting plans for Half Life 3 on hold, meaning that we could be fighting our way through zombie hordes sooner rather than later.

There is strong support for a new game, with Left 4 Dead 2 currently holding an aggregate 10/10 rating on Valve’s online gaming service Steam.

But anyone hoping for a new Half-Life title will probably be waiting a while if these latest rumours turn out to be true.

left-4-dead-3-431496.jpg

left-4-dead-3-632481.jpg

Source(s):

http://www.express.co.uk/entertainment/gaming/632481/Left-4-Dead-3-Half-Life-3-Release-Date-Characters-Valve-PS4-Xbox-One-PC

http://www.express.co.uk/entertainment/gaming/624932/Left-4-Dead-3-Half-Life-3-Valve-New-Game

http://www.gamezone.com/news/rumors-suggest-left-4-dead-3-to-release-next-year-3432060

Its all rumors and speculation for now, but I hope it comes true.

Edit: editor apparently hates me and refuses to do auto color for both night/day themes. Also, take these rumors with a ton of sodium chloride (salt)

Hello there, fellow dark theme users

"Be excellent to each other and party on dudes." - Abraham Lincoln    #wiiumasterrace

Valve gives no fucks. Gaben already said making games is just not worth the investment. Easier to release more skins.

Location: Kaunas, Lithuania, Europe, Earth, Solar System, Local Interstellar Cloud, Local Bubble, Gould Belt, Orion Arm, Milky Way, Milky Way subgroup, Local Group, Virgo Supercluster, Laniakea, Pisces–Cetus Supercluster Complex, Observable universe, Universe.

Spoiler

12700, B660M Mortar DDR4, 32GB 3200C16 Viper Steel, 2TB SN570, EVGA Supernova G6 850W, be quiet! 500FX, EVGA 3070Ti FTW3 Ultra.

Valve gives no fucks. Gaben already said making games is just not worth the investment. Easier to release more skins.

Even though literally everyone on the internet would buy Half Life 3 as soon as it released.

I've a different opinion of the vocal gamer average, because I'd much much much rather have a Left 4 Dead 3 than both HL3 and Portal 3. Though... Portal 3 would be awesome.

And L4D on VR would be fucking awesome.

ExMachina (2016-Present) i7-6700k/GTX970/32GB RAM/250GB SSD

Picard II (2015-Present) Surface Pro 4 i5-6300U/8GB RAM/256GB SSD

LlamaBox (2014-Present) i7-4790k/GTX 980Ti/16GB RAM/500GB SSD/Asus ROG Swift

Kronos (2009-2014) i7-920/GTX680/12GB RAM/120GB SSD

Even though literally everyone on the internet would buy Half Life 3 as soon as it released.

but developing games literally needs millions of dollars of investment and if it sucks people will hate Valve for the upcoming 2000 years.

I wouldn't. Overrated overhyped average series? Nty.

Half life defined FPS story games, it's not average lol

Location: Kaunas, Lithuania, Europe, Earth, Solar System, Local Interstellar Cloud, Local Bubble, Gould Belt, Orion Arm, Milky Way, Milky Way subgroup, Local Group, Virgo Supercluster, Laniakea, Pisces–Cetus Supercluster Complex, Observable universe, Universe.

Spoiler

12700, B660M Mortar DDR4, 32GB 3200C16 Viper Steel, 2TB SN570, EVGA Supernova G6 850W, be quiet! 500FX, EVGA 3070Ti FTW3 Ultra.

I hope they do a lot more for L4D3 than they did going from L4D to L4D2. I thought the game was fun but it felt way more like an expansion rather than actually adding anything new or special to the game.

Primary:

Intel i5 4670K (3.8 GHz) | ASRock Extreme 4 Z87 | 16GB Crucial Ballistix Tactical LP 2x8GB | Gigabyte GTX980ti | Mushkin Enhanced Chronos 240GB | Corsair RM 850W | Nanoxia Deep Silence 1| Ducky Shine 3 | Corsair m95 | 2x Monoprice 1440p IPS Displays | Altec Lansing VS2321 | Sennheiser HD558 | Antlion ModMic

HTPC:

Intel NUC i5 D54250WYK | 4GB Kingston 1600MHz DDR3L | 256GB Crucial M4 mSATA SSD | Logitech K400

NAS:

Thecus n4800 | WD White Label 8tb x4 in raid 5

Phones:

Oneplux 6t (Mint), Nexus 5x 8.1.0 (wifi only), Nexus 4 (wifi only)

Half life defined FPS story games, it's not average lol

The first Half Life defined story telling in a shooter game, it started something. But both 1 and 2 have awful gameplay and puzzles. Most of the game is grinding to get along to a cool story part. The story itself isn't even told well, the only thing done well is a few characters.

No, you don't need to look at it from the perspective of the time it was released. But even when you do, Half Life 2 goes up against Crysis which is vastly superior in every technical and story telling way regardless if you liked its story.

The first Oculus Rift started something, doesn't mean it isn't a piece of crap.

I run my browser through NSA ports to make their illegal jobs easier. :P
If it's not broken, take it apart and fix it.
http://pcpartpicker.com/b/fGM8TW

I just want the damn HL story finished. release a fucking kick ass web comic or some sort of video animation series that brings the story to a close in a good fashion.

Motherboard  ROG Strix B350-F Gaming | CPU Ryzen 5 1600 | GPU Sapphire Radeon RX 480 Nitro+ OC  | RAM Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3000MHz 2x8Gb | OS Drive  Crucial MX300 525Gb M.2 | WiFi Card  ASUS PCE-AC68 | Case Switch 810 Gunmetal Grey SE | Storage WD 1.5tb, SanDisk Ultra 3D 500Gb, Samsung 840 EVO 120Gb | NAS Solution Synology 413j 8TB (6TB with 2TB redundancy using Synology Hybrid RAID) | Keyboard SteelSeries APEX | Mouse Razer Naga MMO Edition Green | Fan Controller Sentry LXE | Screens Sony 43" TV | Sound Logitech 5.1 X530

A title with a 3 in it. How revolutionary.

"It pays to keep an open mind, but not so open your brain falls out." - Carl Sagan.

"I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you" - Edward I. Koch

L4D3 would be awesome. I loved both of those games (1 and 2), and I'm sad that the community for them died (from what I feel) prematurely. 

I feel like this is a massive rumor that someone said because they had an idea. I don't see any of this happening.

I would buy portal 3 in a heartbeat.

The irony in that statement is that Portal is technically part of Half-Life :P

They should do Left 4 Dead 4 Dead...

Error: 451                             

I'm not copying helping, really :P

but developing games literally needs millions of dollars of investment and if it sucks people will hate Valve for the upcoming 2000 years.

Valve has plenty of money. Even if they lost money on it, it's not like it would hurt them any.

Just saying though. I'm 100% sure there's more people who would immediately by Half Life 3 than any Bethesda sequel.

Lies!!!!....

Ok maybe.

I think they will either call it

"Left 4 Dead"  or

"Left 4 Dead 4"

all so they don't have to use the number 3.

One Steam to rule them all, One Sale to find them, One Sale to bring them all and with their wallets, bind them! - r/pcmasterrace 17/01/2014

Spoiler
  • CPU: Intel Core i7 6700k
  • CPU Cooler: CM Hyper 212+ 
  • RAM: 16GB Kingston HyperX Fury 2400Mhz (2x8GB)
  • GPU: Gigabyte G1 R9 390 
  • Mobo: Asus Z170-AR
  • PSU: Antec High Current Gamer 900W 
  • Storage: 240GB intel 520 SSD (OS), Sandisk 128GB SSD(Other OS) 2x 2TB Seagate Barracuda 
  • Case: Fractal Design R4

Valve has plenty of money. Even if they lost money on it, it's not like it would hurt them any.

Just saying though. I'm 100% sure there's more people who would immediately by Half Life 3 than any Bethesda sequel.

As someone who doesn't give a shit about Bethesda's game, I think you're wrong. Look at all the problems F04 has, and yet fans of the series don't give a fuck. Besides the nostalgia for Half Life 3 would be for older audiences, similar to what Nintendo is dealing with right now.

CPU i7 6700 Cooling Cryorig H7 Motherboard MSI H110i Pro AC RAM Kingston HyperX Fury 16GB DDR4 2133 GPU Pulse RX 5700 XT Case Fractal Design Define Mini C Storage Trascend SSD370S 256GB + WD Black 320GB + Sandisk Ultra II 480GB + WD Blue 1TB PSU EVGA GS 550 Display Nixeus Vue24B FreeSync 144 Hz Monitor (VESA mounted) Keyboard Aorus K3 Mechanical Keyboard Mouse Logitech G402 OS Windows 10 Home 64 bit

Portal 3 with VR would be sick.

And vomit 3 seconds in because you went through portals flipping around too fast.

Primary:

Intel i5 4670K (3.8 GHz) | ASRock Extreme 4 Z87 | 16GB Crucial Ballistix Tactical LP 2x8GB | Gigabyte GTX980ti | Mushkin Enhanced Chronos 240GB | Corsair RM 850W | Nanoxia Deep Silence 1| Ducky Shine 3 | Corsair m95 | 2x Monoprice 1440p IPS Displays | Altec Lansing VS2321 | Sennheiser HD558 | Antlion ModMic

HTPC:

Intel NUC i5 D54250WYK | 4GB Kingston 1600MHz DDR3L | 256GB Crucial M4 mSATA SSD | Logitech K400

NAS:

Thecus n4800 | WD White Label 8tb x4 in raid 5

Phones:

Oneplux 6t (Mint), Nexus 5x 8.1.0 (wifi only), Nexus 4 (wifi only)

I would buy portal 3 in a heartbeat.

Even though I already know Half-life 3 will be a letdown because hype, I'd still buy both. The two series are intertwined after all. It's been confirmed that portal and half-life take place in the same universe, and there were rumors that the games would cross over at some point. Choosing to play one and not the other is like watching a TV show and skipping an entire season.

Ignis (Primary rig)
CPU
 i7-4770K                               Displays Dell U2312HM + 2x Asus VH236H
MB ASRock Z87M Extreme4      Keyboard Rosewill K85 RGB BR
RAM G.Skill Ripjaws X 16GB      Mouse Razer DeathAdder
GPU XFX RX 5700XT                    Headset V-Moda Crossfade LP2
PSU Lepa G1600
Case Corsair 350D
Cooling Corsair H90             
Storage PNY CS900 120GB (OS) + WD Blue 1TB

Server 01Alpha                                       Server 01Beta                            Chaos Box (Loaner Rig)                Router (pfSense)
CPU
 Xeon X5650                                      CPU 2x Xeon E5520                    CPU Xeon E3-1240V2                     CPU Xeon E3-1246V3
MB Asus P6T WS Pro                               MB EVGA SR-2                             MB ASRock H61MV-ITX                 MB ASRock H81 Pro BTC
RAM Kingston unbuffered ECC 24GB  RAM G.Skill Ripjaws 16GB         RAM Random Ebay RAM 12GB    RAM G.Skill Ripjaws 8GB
GPU XFX R5 220                                       GPU EVGA GTX 580 SC               GPU Gigabyte R9 295x2                GPU integrated
PSU Corsair CX430M                               PSU Corsair AX1200                   PSU Corsair GS700                         PSU Antec EA-380D
Case Norco RPC-450B 4U                      Case Rosewill  RSV-L4000C        Case Modified Bitfenix Prodigy   Case Norco RPC-250 2U
Cooling Noctua NH-U9S                        Cooling 2x CM Hyper 212 Evo  Cooling EVGA CLC 120mm           Cooling stock
Storage PNY CS900 120GB (OS)           Storage null                                 Storage PNY CS900 120GB (OS)  Storage Fujitsu 150GB HDD
               8x WD Red 1TB in Raid 6                                                                                WD Black 1TB    
               WD Green 2TB

As someone who doesn't give a shit about Bethesda's game, I think you're wrong. Look at all the problems F04 has, and yet fans of the series don't give a fuck. Besides the nostalgia for Half Life 3 would be for older audiences, similar to what Nintendo is dealing with right now.

Unless you meant something different than what I'm reading, you're basically backing up my point. Bethesda fans don't care about the bugs, they'll still pre-order the Beth games with no second thought.

Same thing with Half Life 3 I'm betting.

And vomit 3 seconds in because you went through portals flipping around too fast.

Happily pay for that experience :D my gaming needs a buzz lately

Motherboard  ROG Strix B350-F Gaming | CPU Ryzen 5 1600 | GPU Sapphire Radeon RX 480 Nitro+ OC  | RAM Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3000MHz 2x8Gb | OS Drive  Crucial MX300 525Gb M.2 | WiFi Card  ASUS PCE-AC68 | Case Switch 810 Gunmetal Grey SE | Storage WD 1.5tb, SanDisk Ultra 3D 500Gb, Samsung 840 EVO 120Gb | NAS Solution Synology 413j 8TB (6TB with 2TB redundancy using Synology Hybrid RAID) | Keyboard SteelSeries APEX | Mouse Razer Naga MMO Edition Green | Fan Controller Sentry LXE | Screens Sony 43" TV | Sound Logitech 5.1 X530

L4d3 has been in the making for a while

its a definitive release

If your grave doesn't say "rest in peace" on it You are automatically drafted into the skeleton war.