No more cracked games in two years?

Although it isn't so bad these days, you can generally find somebody playing any game on twitch.tv and you can get a fairly good impression of what the game is like from that.

I want to test it how it runs on my computer, my hardware, my setup...it doesnt help me just to see someone else playing it. And as I said if I like it I buy it...I do have about 30 games bought. ....But I really like those. I do sometimes excuse the developers for leaving in some bugs because the game looks epic(Like Skyrim, Fallout 3, Fallout New Vegas...bought all those). I have also bought Mafia, Mafia II, Godfather, Godfather II, all of the Splinter Cell series games(yes including conviction and Blacklist), Call of Duty (1, 2, pacific assault and modern warfare1), Medal of honor(AA and Airborne), and some others

Specs: 

Spoiler

PC:CASE: FD Define r6 | CPU:Intel Core i7-8700k | MB: MSI z370 PC Pro RAM: 32GB Corsair vengance LPX 3000 GPU: Asus rx 6900xt Tuf STORAGE: nand 500GB Samsung 970Evo plus ; Game Storage: 2TB Samsung 860QVO Storage: 2 x WD Green 4TB | PSU: Corsair RM850x | CPUCooler: Noctua NH-D15   DISPLAY: LG 27GL850

The protections for us should be via policy and lawmakers, not via vigilant consumers that believe stealing is the answer. 

tl;dr your way of thinking is skewed.

there there, now you dont need to generalize and give me strawman arguments

but still, first half of you argument still applies to my original argument, so idk why we stilwl have this conversation? 

in second part of your argument  "vigilant" adjective i am pretty sure it doesnt fit there.

GOG has the right idea with DRM- none of it. You buy the game, you own it.

its should be like that. its isnt, or it wasnt unless laws changed... and i am not sure about that but i have read about it.

You own a right to play it, a licence. Says in EULA.

Unless Stuff_ can provide some lawmakers and policy that will go up against it... lmao good luck with that

Though, see my sig for further standpoint.

Yes, but what if its worth buying, but there is DRM in the way? Thats what we are talking about.

I had this problem with 2 games so far, and since my library consist of only couple games, its kinda bummer than i am not able to mod one game and one game i am not able to play at all. I could - > if i pirated both.

And i know I might be 0.2% of people with same problem, but that makes my problem worse, and i cant solve it with anything but either buying old boxed version or pirating.

But since "lawmakers and policy" makes it clear that i cannot do latter, and I only have a way of using my license for the game as-is i have only one option, and a option of buying game again. Witch goes against all the logic, considering pirates get to enjoy infinite "licenses" if you will, no DRM, no system hog ( my pc is very, very slow ) of neither steam or drm or anything (maybe virus tho lol) . For free. And i have to pay, again.

Just to make it clear, i dont want to pay for another licence.

But i WOULD pay for: Box, retail, cost of shipping the box, artwork, CD .... anything but licence. That should be covered, it would be nice if you could show your licence to shop clerk and have licence fee taken away from "game" price that includes the things and more i mentioned.

Good. Pay for games you thieves (no one in particular).

Case: Corsair 4000D Airflow; Motherboard: MSI ZZ490 Gaming Edge; CPU: i7 10700K @ 5.1GHz; Cooler: Noctua NHD15S Chromax; RAM: Corsair LPX DDR4 32GB 3200MHz; Graphics Card: Asus RTX 3080 TUF; Power: EVGA SuperNova 750G2; Storage: 2 x Seagate Barracuda 1TB; Crucial M500 240GB & MX100 512GB; Keyboard: Logitech G710+; Mouse: Logitech G502; Headphones / Amp: HiFiMan Sundara Mayflower Objective 2; Monitor: Asus VG27AQ

I love how brazen pirates are getting, even attempting to justify theft. Make excuses all you want. Better yet, make a game of your own and check your attitude when your game pops up on piratebay.

Many of the problems in the gaming industry is the gamers whiny mentality that studios and publishers take advantage of.

"Waaaah, I must have it. Waaaah, I must have it now, I have to setup a VPN so I can have it an hour sooner. Waaaah, I'm totally going to splurge so I can have this expensive virtual in game items sooner". 2 days later, Waaah, this game sucks." Studios and publishers love that and our power as consumers is depreciated as result.

I totally want the thread title to become fact. It will expose the truth that ending piracy doesn't imply skyrocketing profits for all studios. Rather, the truth is some games suck and no amount of DRM can change but it won't happen as long as the piracy excuse is there for bad games to hide behind and try to blame digital theft for their low profits.

The whole piracy issue is multi faceted and dictated by the way development works. AAA development is expensive, games need to sell millions of copies just to break even. Hence focus was shifted to consoles/mass sales, that led to making games "mainstream" to attract the mass market so budgets had to increase just for heavy marketing purposes.

Expansions became DLC's, multiplayer online became the only working piracy protection. I am virtually certain that played a part when EA went about making Battlefront. Pay out the ass for the Star Wars licence, cut single player content out to reduce development cost and defeat piracy in the process.Use Star Wars name and social media to hype the shit out of it.

Studios and publishers pull dick moves all the time but until piracy is gone and gamers grow a backbone and learn how to say No to a sub par product, don't expect improvement.

Plenty of games I want. I can afford them too but I said no to subpar products. No includes "previews" and "demos" (lol at the pirate excuses). Guess what, I didn't die just because I didn't play any given game.

This is LTT. One cannot force "style over substance" values & agenda on people that actually aren't afraid to pop the lid off their electronic devices, which happens to be the most common denominator of this community. Rather than take shots at this community in every post, why not seek out like-minded individuals elsewhere?

I am pretty torn about this. I advocate buying games, but then again I had to pirate the new Wolfenstein games, South Park Stick of Truth and Dark Souls. South Park and Wolfenstein due to silly German censoring, and Dark Souls because it kept crashing and I couldn't find a fix. I should emphasize that I bought all the games which I ended up pirating, it was just a easy and convinient solution to the problems I had. And shoving obnoxious DRM into the consumers faces won't be the end-all to pirating problem. Like others said, CDPRs philosophy, and Valves mantra (atleast on paper) should be the golden rule. And not punishing paying customers with even more bloatware DRM systemhog bullcrap.

Stuff_ has the answer to all that, expect his lawmakers and policy be at your doorstep within 20 minutes.

Plot twist, they wont be there to protect you xD

Gaming has been so consistently terrible the past 3 years that even piracy hasn't been worth it.

It's hard being a PC fan who thinks shooters are crap.

why do so many good cases only come in black and white

Gaming has been so consistently terrible the past 3 years that even piracy hasn't been worth it.

It's hard being a PC fan who thinks shooters are crap.

The Witcher 3. That is all.

The Witcher 3. That is all.

Yeah, that is all that came out last year.

why do so many good cases only come in black and white

Yeah, that is all that came out last year.

Other than that, I pretty much agree with you. Gaming has become rather dull the past few years. Witcher 3 is the only example I can think of right now that was mind-blowingly fucking great.

Yes, but what if its worth buying, but there is DRM in the way?

That's my point, to me, Denuvo automatically makes it not worth buying. Hell, even if it was Elder Scrolls (the only game franchise I will buy day 1) I would not want it if it came with Denuvo DRM. It's a deal breaker.

In case the moderators do not ban me as requested, this is a notice that I have left and am not coming back.

With good sales, cheaper games in general and Steam refund I can't really care about the end of piracy.

My Build:

Spoiler

CPU: i7 4770k GPU: GTX 780 Direct CUII Motherboard: Asus Maximus VI Hero SSD: 840 EVO 250GB HDD: 2xSeagate 2 TB PSU: EVGA Supernova G2 650W

I have bought and not bought games after cracking them and have to say that I was glad for the games I didn't spend any money on and the ones I really liked I bought.

In my case the game developers could implement a 90min or so time limit to test a game without buying it

That's why I love that valve implemented the ability to refund game purchases. If you don't like it, you can hat your money back.

You ever seen code that's purposely obfuscated by Visual Studio's non-enterprise release mode? Add 512-bit encryption on top of it and obscure security subroutines and it does become exponentially harder with each new layer. It may require you go insane before you crack it. We will have to build dedicated cracking AIs for this soon. Humans are not built to do this again and again. It's actually very bad for your brain chemistry.

Yeah I know, though I'm not sure where it will lead next xD seeing things with Denuvo and all. I'm sure there will be dedicated cracking AIs of some sort in time.

But yeah, bad for brain chemistry, haha.

| Ryzen 7 7800X3D | AM5 B650 Aorus Elite AX | G.Skill Trident Z5 Neo RGB DDR5 32GB 6000MHz C30 | Sapphire PULSE Radeon RX 7900 XTX | Samsung 990 PRO 1TB with heatsink | Arctic Liquid Freezer II 360 | Seasonic Focus GX-850 | Lian Li Lanccool III | Mousepad: Skypad 3.0 XL / Zowie GTF-X | Mouse: Zowie S1-C | Keyboard: Ducky One 3 TKL (Cherry MX-Speed-Silver)Beyerdynamic MMX 300 (2nd Gen) | Acer XV272U | OS: Windows 11 |

I don't really think this is a bad thing. Ultimately, nothing is uncrackable though, but pay for your games and you can play them.

Even without piracy, the PC market still has more competition than the consoles. But point taken… Gabe Newell himself once said that the most effective way to beat piracy was by providing a better service than the pirates. Without pirates, they'd only need to provide a better service than Uplay.  :wacko:

Agreed. DRM punishes the buyers instead of the crackers, and so does things like DLC. If I cracked Rocket League, I would have had MORE content then I had at the moment. If I cracked Assassin's Creed, I wouldn't have to deal with uPlay. Game devs need to step up their customer care game instead of being bad at it.

Basic guide to CPU's!

If I said I were 14, you would call me a kid. If I say 70, you’ll entitle me too old. If I say 20 you say I’m inexperienced and if I say 40 than I'm too boring.

龴 ͡ↀ ◡ ͡ↀ龴#locked( ͡͡ ° ͜ ʖ ͡ °)

Agreed. DRM punishes the buyers instead of the crackers, and so does things like DLC. If I cracked Rocket League, I would have had MORE content then I had at the moment. If I cracked Assassin's Creed, I wouldn't have to deal with uPlay. Game devs need to step up their customer care game instead of being bad at it.

The DRM isn't the only problem I'm afraid. Some pre-order practises are very scummy. For example the pre-order shite that the new Deus Ex game has. More preorders = more bonuses and one of them is getting the game 4 days earlier than everyone else. Illegal copies will have all the bonuses and the game 4 days earlier than all sensible people who don't pre-order anymore.

I'm talking about this:

From salty to bath salty in 2.9 seconds

The DRM isn't the only problem I'm afraid. Some pre-order practises are very scummy. For example the pre-order shite that the new Deus Ex game has. More preorders = more bonuses and one of them is getting the game 4 days earlier than everyone else. Illegal copies will have all the bonuses and the game 4 days earlier than all sensible people who don't pre-order anymore.

I'm talking about this:

oh god why did you remind me of this bullshit O_O

Cries in a corner

Basic guide to CPU's!

If I said I were 14, you would call me a kid. If I say 70, you’ll entitle me too old. If I say 20 you say I’m inexperienced and if I say 40 than I'm too boring.

龴 ͡ↀ ◡ ͡ↀ龴#locked( ͡͡ ° ͜ ʖ ͡ °)

Ita the opposite actually. DRM wouldn't be as common place and as intrusive if pirating wasn't so rampant

It's not the dorm that's the problem

"if nothing is impossible, try slamming a revolving door....." - unknown

my new rig bob https://uk.pcpartpicker.com/b/sGRG3C#cx710255

Kumaresh - "Judging whether something is alive by it's capability to live is one of the most idiotic arguments I've ever seen." - jan 2017

Ita the opposite actually. DRM wouldn't be as common place and as intrusive if pirating wasn't so rampant

It's not the dorm that's the problem

"if nothing is impossible, try slamming a revolving door....." - unknown

my new rig bob https://uk.pcpartpicker.com/b/sGRG3C#cx710255

Kumaresh - "Judging whether something is alive by it's capability to live is one of the most idiotic arguments I've ever seen." - jan 2017

QQ pay for your game and you will be able to play it

Why is this even tech news

Why are you reading this as "bad" news? Piracy is a major topic when it comes to digital content, so if someone is able to bring it to a halt I'd say that it's pretty major tech news.

Why can't we have demos of games anymore? Where did that go?

hopefully here unlike guru3d i wont get my post deleted :

i will always pirate shitty optimized single player games.

I have seen unbreakable DRM before...

LTT's unofficial Windows activation expert.

Why are you reading this as "bad" news? Piracy is a major topic when it comes to digital content, so if someone is able to bring it to a halt I'd say that it's pretty major tech news.

Because it's nothing new. This was talked about whenever DA: Inquisition was found out to be using that DRM.