No more cracked games in two years?

Spoiler alert - he's not reading it as bad news. He's saying it shouldn't be news at all, since people should just pay for games.

First, how is this a spoiler? That's not even used properly in the sarcastic sense.

Secondly, of course people should pay for games, but piracy has been probably the biggest detriment to the PC gaming industry, so I think a potential halt to piracy is pretty big tech news.

Because it's nothing new. This was talked about whenever DA: Inquisition was found out to be using that DRM.

That's like saying that people shouldn't post about the new Intel CPU. "Yeah, big deal... Smaller die, more cores.... same thing every year".

Just because it's a post that doesn't interest you hardly means it shouldn't be regarded as tech news by anyone.

Do you know how capitalism is supposed to work? If you want something, you buy it, if you can't afford, you don't get to have it. Simple concept really, people just self entitled and think they deserve all games for free.

do you?  capitalism has nothing to do with theft for 1 and requires competition to work, of which there is very little in the games industry.  not to mention that consumers set the price not companies. piracy is the competition, that is forcing the game devs to think about how they work, its also driving a better service. priacy is far more complex than simple stealing

"if nothing is impossible, try slamming a revolving door....." - unknown

my new rig bob https://uk.pcpartpicker.com/b/sGRG3C#cx710255

Kumaresh - "Judging whether something is alive by it's capability to live is one of the most idiotic arguments I've ever seen." - jan 2017

That's like saying that people shouldn't post about the new Intel CPU. "Yeah, big deal... Smaller die, more cores.... same thing every year".

Just because it's a post that doesn't interest you hardly means it shouldn't be regarded as tech news by anyone.

No, its not.

How has knowing that the denuvo DRM is hard to crack changed how you buy products? Did you really only find out about this even now? Because this was a huge deal whenever dragon age came out since it was allegedly ruining SSDs due to the DRM, somehow.

This is not like Intel or whomever releasing a new product. This is fluff news and has no bearing on anything. Not even worth discussing.

EDIT: SwiftKey is trolling me again.

Ah well... I guess i will have to pay for my games now

I see points from both sides.

The anti-pirate try to make the pirate feel bad and that their choice is absolutely wrong, which in my opinion is very narrow minded. Back in the day of demos piracy was very low. Why? Because we can time to play a small portion of the game and get a fair idea I'd it was shit or good.

I pirated fallout 4 because of the generally mixed opinions of the community. I played the pirated version and decided that it wasn't worth the full price.

Will I buy fallout 4? Yes I will once it's either fixed performance wise or if it goes on a sale that I think is appropriate for the playtime value. I haven't played the game in since two weeks after its release.

3DM cracked the last one, they'll do it to this one too. You can't stop it.

|  The United Empire of Earth Wants You | The Stormborn (ongoing build; 90% done)  |  Skyrim Mods Recommendations  LTT Blue Forum Theme! | Learning Russian! Blog |
|"They got a war on drugs so the police can bother me.”Tupac Shakur  | "Half of writing history is hiding the truth"Captain Malcolm Reynolds | "Museums are racist."Michelle Obama | "Slap a word like "racist" or "nazi" on it and you'll have an army at your back."MSM Logic | "A new command I give you: love one another. As I have loved you, so you must love one another"Jesus Christ | "I love the Union and the Constitution, but I would rather leave the Union with the Constitution than remain in the Union without it."Jefferson Davis |

This wouldn't be a big deal for me if they still released demos or ways to test the game to see if it runs on your system. It sucks that every game purchase now a day is a giant gamble. Either it works and it's broken as all hell, or it doesn't work and youre out how ever much money you spent.

Windows 10 Edu | Asus ROG Strix X570-F Gaming | Ryzen 9 3950x | 4x 16GB G.Skill Trident Z RGB| ROG Strix GeForce® RTX 2080 SUPER™ Advanced edition | Samsung 980 PRO 500GB + Samsung 970 Evo Plus 2TB + 8TB Seagate Barracuda | EVGA Supernova 650 G2 | Alienware AW3418DW + LG 34uc87c + Dell u3419w | Asus Zephyrus G14

Well, I'm living in county where young kids who play on PC often play cracked games, because it's legal, plus they can't have a VISA to buy games.

ether ways I believe cracked games are bad for industry.

I see points from both sides.

The anti-pirate try to make the pirate feel bad and that their choice is absolutely wrong, which in my opinion is very narrow minded. Back in the day of demos piracy was very low. Why? Because we can time to play a small portion of the game and get a fair idea I'd it was shit or good.

I pirated fallout 4 because of the generally mixed opinions of the community. I played the pirated version and decided that it wasn't worth the full price.

Will I buy fallout 4? Yes I will once it's either fixed performance wise or if it goes on a sale that I think is appropriate for the playtime value. I haven't played the game in since two weeks after its release.

also piracy was lower beacuse games didn't cost fucking 60+ dollars 

and tons of paid dlcs everywhere.

Account for inflation... Pretty much any full priced game before 2005 was sold for the equivalent of $60 or more. 2006 was just shy until game prices were pushed up to $60, which today would be ~$70, slowly decreasing to $60 as you get closer to the current date.

In other words, the figure hasn't changed recently, but the value has... In reality, the value of a game now is about the same as one from 10 years ago.

and tons of paid dlcs everywhere.

People made less money. So the fact that the game was cheaper is irrelevant.

In the 1950's you could do to the cinema for a nickel. Or in some places, trade them a copper coat hanger.

Wages and priced both go up, via inflation. Relative price of video games has on the whole stayed pretty similar.

For Sale: Meraki Bundle

iPhone Xr 128 GB Product Red - HP Spectre x360 13" (i5 - 8 GB RAM - 256 GB SSD) - HP ZBook 15v G5 15" (i7-8850H - 16 GB RAM - 512 GB SSD - NVIDIA Quadro P600)

pirating? stealing? wtf is this nonsense last time I checked a pirate was a person with a hook a eye patch and stank worser than a wet dog. Last I checked for stealing to be considered stealing to the eyes of lawmakers there has to be a physical product taken away. Also last I checked buying a product means buying something solid that can be touched. I CAN'T TOUCH 0'S AND 1'S but I can touch my computer, I can't touch a steam game with out a mouse and the mouse curser is 0's and 1's on a x and y plane that's not my hand attached to my body so I didn't buy nothing but air and that's free last I checked (takes a beathe) yep it still is so is downloading a bunch of 0's and 1's.

btw this is meant to be a joke even though it's real claims only so much of it can be held up in court the only real way around it is to buy a physical copy that way you have the right to a digital copy at any time you want.

People made less money. So the fact that the game was cheaper is irrelevant.

In the 1950's you could do to the cinema for a nickel. Or in some places, trade them a copper coat hanger.

Wages and priced both go up, via inflation. Relative price of video games has on the whole stayed pretty similar.

While you are right to an extent I think k you over estimating the amount wages have increased. From the ps2 era of £29.99 games, there has only been like £0.90 increase of the minimum wage. I don't think this small minimum wage increase can justify a price jump from £29.99 to £49.99 per game or is it that they know we will pay this kind of money for a game? Some people only make £500 a month due to a lack of full time jobs and spending a 10th of it on a game that is released as a mess is pathetic.

do you? capitalism has nothing to do with theft for 1 and requires competition to work, of which there is very little in the games industry. not to mention that consumers set the price not companies. piracy is the competition, that is forcing the game devs to think about how they work, its also driving a better service. priacy is far more complex than simple stealing

Piracy is very simple. You obtain it without paying there for its stealing. Stealing does not have to be physical. And "consumers set the price" means that if the price is too high, people won't buy it, there fore companies will have to lower it. People are paying 59.99 for the latest games therefore consumers are choosing to keep the price at 59.99.

All piracy is doing is getting game publishers to come up with more annoying DRMs screwing over the legitimate customers because a group of assholes think it's ok to download stuff without paying.

meh, don't care, still going to pirate whatever is at the top of kat

One day I will be able to play Monster Hunter Frontier in French/Italian/English on my PC, it's just a matter of time... 4 5 6 7 8 9 years later: It's finally coming!!!

Phones: iPhone 4S/SE | LG V10 | Lumia 920 | Samsung S24 Ultra

Laptops: Macbook Pro 15" (mid-2012) | Compaq Presario V6000

Other: Steam Deck

<>EVs are bad, they kill the planet and remove freedoms too some/<>

While you are right to an extent I think k you over estimating the amount wages have increased. From the ps2 era of £29.99 games, there has only been like £0.90 increase of the minimum wage. I don't think this small minimum wage increase can justify a price jump from £29.99 to £49.99 per game or is it that they know we will pay this kind of money for a game? Some people only make £500 a month due to a lack of full time jobs and spending a 10th of it on a game that is released as a mess is pathetic.

Minimum wage is not a good indication of average wages - many countries or states/provinces have low minimum wages or don't change them for many years, and prefer to let the economy set the wages directly through market forces.

Average or Median income is a much more meaningful representation of how much money we make at any given time.

So I live in Canada, and finding yearly stats for the UK is proving difficult as fuck (You guys don't have a census or something?), so I'm going to use Canadian figures:

http://www.statcan.gc.ca/daily-quotidien/151217/cg-c001-eng.htm

Median family incomes from the year 2000 to 2013 - a pretty decent metric for today (only a few years out of date - thank our previous PM Stephen Harper for phasing out the Long Form Census for not having data after 2013).

Also of note: The data has already been adjusted to 2013 dollars to take inflation into account.

In 2000: $45,800/year (2013 dollars - CAD)

In 2013: $53,500/year (2013 dollars - CAD)

So the median wages, even counting inflation, has gone up in Canada between 2000 and 2013.

Furthermore, for those people who only earn $500 GBP a month, well - I'm sorry. But you live within your means. Wait for the VERY GENEROUS, AND VERY FREQUENT Steam Sales, and buy that game on 50% off 6 months after release, or 80% off a year after release.

Often even AAA games will go on sale within 2-3 months of release for 25-30% off.

The excellent sales, which did NOT exist back in the PS2 Big Box Retail days, combined with the good return policies of both Steam and Origin, with Let's Play gameplay videos and in-depth video game reviews, should give you all the information you need to buy a game. If you encounter shitty performance and/or lots of bugs? Well then refund that game.

I'll put it this way, buying a game, AND THEN REFUNDING IT because it has bugs will send a MUCH STRONGER MESSAGE to the Dev's and Publishers than pirating said game ever will.

For Sale: Meraki Bundle

iPhone Xr 128 GB Product Red - HP Spectre x360 13" (i5 - 8 GB RAM - 256 GB SSD) - HP ZBook 15v G5 15" (i7-8850H - 16 GB RAM - 512 GB SSD - NVIDIA Quadro P600)

QQ pay for your game and you will be able to play it

Why is this even tech news

I love you already

i5 4590 @ Stock, XFX R9 290!, HyperX Beast 4x8GB  @1600, 850 EVO 120gb, WD Caviar Blue 1TB, , Asrock H97m Pro 4 , Fractal Design Define R4, Windows 10

1) We had demos before, in fact shareware games that had a third of more of the content absolutely free, and people still pirated the game. That argument it's bullshit

2) Young people without cash who pirate grow up to be just about your best customers.

Things like piracy are not black and white

-------

Current Rig

-------

I don't support piracy but I do however participated to a certain point a long long time ago. Now, I just watch youtube clips of it. Maybe then decide to support my favorite studio if I want in.

Pirate to try, buy a legit one to own. Support your artist. I certainly for one, don't want Metallica to go away.

ROG X570-F Strix AMD R9 5900X | EK Elite 360 | EVGA 3080 FTW3 Ultra | G.Skill Trident Z Neo 64gb | Samsung 980 PRO 
ROG Strix XG349C Corsair 4000 | Bose C5 | ROG Swift PG279Q

Logitech G810 Orion Sennheiser HD 518 |  Logitech 502 Hero

No, its not.

How has knowing that the denuvo DRM is hard to crack changed how you buy products? Did you really only find out about this even now? Because this was a huge deal whenever dragon age came out since it was allegedly ruining SSDs due to the DRM, somehow.

This is not like Intel or whomever releasing a new product. This is fluff news and has no bearing on anything. Not even worth discussing.

EDIT: SwiftKey is trolling me again.

No... It's like releasing a new version of an existing product... Just like there were i7 CPUs before, but the new ones are better. New version of Denuvo does the same thing but is improved, new CPU does the same thing but is improved.

No... It's like releasing a new version of an existing product... Just like there were i7 CPUs before, but the new ones are better. New version of Denuvo does the same thing but is improved, new CPU does the same thing but is improved.

k

G2A and other key sites are very affordable with Steam keys. PC 1 Console 0

Yeah cause G2A keys are not stolen or similar things ( not all the time but common )

ﷲ   Muslim Member  ﷲ

KennyS and ScreaM are my role models in CSGO.

CPU: i3-4130 Motherboard: Gigabyte H81M-S2PH RAM: 8GB Kingston hyperx fury HDD: WD caviar black 1TB GPU: MSI 750TI twin frozr II Case: Aerocool Xpredator X3 PSU: Corsair RM650

Minimum wage is not a good indication of average wages - many countries or states/provinces have low minimum wages or don't change them for many years, and prefer to let the economy set the wages directly through market forces.

Average or Median income is a much more meaningful representation of how much money we make at any given time.

So I live in Canada, and finding yearly stats for the UK is proving difficult as fuck (You guys don't have a census or something?), so I'm going to use Canadian figures:

http://www.statcan.gc.ca/daily-quotidien/151217/cg-c001-eng.htm

Median family incomes from the year 2000 to 2013 - a pretty decent metric for today (only a few years out of date - thank our previous PM Stephen Harper for phasing out the Long Form Census for not having data after 2013).

Also of note: The data has already been adjusted to 2013 dollars to take inflation into account.

In 2000: $45,800/year (2013 dollars - CAD)

In 2013: $53,500/year (2013 dollars - CAD)

So the median wages, even counting inflation, has gone up in Canada between 2000 and 2013.

Furthermore, for those people who only earn $500 GBP a month, well - I'm sorry. But you live within your means. Wait for the VERY GENEROUS, AND VERY FREQUENT Steam Sales, and buy that game on 50% off 6 months after release, or 80% off a year after release.

Often even AAA games will go on sale within 2-3 months of release for 25-30% off.

The excellent sales, which did NOT exist back in the PS2 Big Box Retail days, combined with the good return policies of both Steam and Origin, with Let's Play gameplay videos and in-depth video game reviews, should give you all the information you need to buy a game. If you encounter shitty performance and/or lots of bugs? Well then refund that game.

I'll put it this way, buying a game, AND THEN REFUNDING IT because it has bugs will send a MUCH STRONGER MESSAGE to the Dev's and Publishers than pirating said game ever will.

Not going lie I seen this and sighed. Though I understand everything you have written down. But were i live most people are on minimum wage and that isn't likely to change. For the £500 it maybe their situation but its not their fault even people within a high profession can sometimes find it difficult to find a job. But we can argue black or white all day until one of us kicks the bucket.

To all the people wanting a "free look" at the game, because otherwise the company is free to "fuck" you...

Steam Refunds. Origin Refunds. GoG.com Refunds.

That is all. There already exists a system, in which you can buy digital games, and if they don't work, you can get a refund. If you don't like them, you can get a refund. If you're squirrelly and just changed your mind, you can get a refund.

In short, you can get a refund. Origin, in particular, has an incredibly generous return policy. Even Steam's policy isn't half bad. GoG.com's policy only covers technical issues (They won't refund you if you don't like the game), but if they cannot get a game working within one month, you can get a refund still - plus GoG.com tends to have old games, or otherwise very cheap ones.

First and foremost, you should do your research first - check reviews and playthroughs, etc.

While I think DRM often is too intrusive in some cases, I have literally no problems with this.

Exactly, if it weren't for Origin refunds I would be stuck with bf4 long load times and unbearable performance, gotta give EA credit when they deserve it they give you a full day to try the game. 

Does anyone have a clue on wether U-play offer refunds?

If you want to reply back to me or someone else USE THE QUOTE BUTTON!                                                      
Pascal laptops guide

Piracy is very simple. You obtain it without paying there for its stealing. Stealing does not have to be physical. And "consumers set the price" means that if the price is too high, people won't buy it, there fore companies will have to lower it. People are paying 59.99 for the latest games therefore consumers are choosing to keep the price at 59.99.

All piracy is doing is getting game publishers to come up with more annoying DRMs screwing over the legitimate customers because a group of assholes think it's ok to download stuff without paying.

is it stealing if you already own a copy? is it stealing if its not for sale in your area? i DL things that i could record on my TV but DL is just easyer and more flexable....

oh and do you really think you would have services like steam, netflix itunes, spotify etc if the industry wasnt being raped by piracy? lol

"if nothing is impossible, try slamming a revolving door....." - unknown

my new rig bob https://uk.pcpartpicker.com/b/sGRG3C#cx710255

Kumaresh - "Judging whether something is alive by it's capability to live is one of the most idiotic arguments I've ever seen." - jan 2017