No more cracked games in two years?

Why are you reading this as "bad" news? Piracy is a major topic when it comes to digital content, so if someone is able to bring it to a halt I'd say that it's pretty major tech news.

Spoiler alert - he's not reading it as bad news. He's saying it shouldn't be news at all, since people should just pay for games.

For Sale: Meraki Bundle

iPhone Xr 128 GB Product Red - HP Spectre x360 13" (i5 - 8 GB RAM - 256 GB SSD) - HP ZBook 15v G5 15" (i7-8850H - 16 GB RAM - 512 GB SSD - NVIDIA Quadro P600)

Spoiler alert - he's not reading it as bad news. He's saying it shouldn't be news at all, since people should just pay for games.

That and the amount of fluff news stories posted here is getting too high.

That and the amount of fluff news stories posted here is getting too high.

You mean the totally unimportant filler news that keeps being posted? :P But where's your LTT community spirit, man!

For Sale: Meraki Bundle

iPhone Xr 128 GB Product Red - HP Spectre x360 13" (i5 - 8 GB RAM - 256 GB SSD) - HP ZBook 15v G5 15" (i7-8850H - 16 GB RAM - 512 GB SSD - NVIDIA Quadro P600)

You mean the totally unimportant filler news that keeps being posted? :P But where's your LTT community spirit, man!

I mean who doesn't want to know about the rumor of Apple removing the headphone jack on the iPhone 7 every couple of weeks?

I mean who doesn't want to know about the rumor of Apple removing the headphone jack on the iPhone 7 every couple of weeks?

The answer is simple

Don't read them

"if nothing is impossible, try slamming a revolving door....." - unknown

my new rig bob https://uk.pcpartpicker.com/b/sGRG3C#cx710255

Kumaresh - "Judging whether something is alive by it's capability to live is one of the most idiotic arguments I've ever seen." - jan 2017

The answer is simple

Don't read them

That's not the problem, matey.

The problem is the kiddos wanting to get their name mentioned on wan show, or they're after all of those dank internet points.

While pirating games is not something I endorse and for the last 2-3 years I've been buying every single one, when I was young and had 0$ in my pocket pirated games were the only way of enjoying them as we didn't really have the cash to buy them back then.

Do you know how capitalism is supposed to work? If you want something, you buy it, if you can't afford, you don't get to have it. Simple concept really, people just self entitled and think they deserve all games for free.

Wasn't Dragon Inquisition the same but got cracked after a couple months?

Case: NZXT Phantom PSU: EVGA G2 650w Motherboard: Asus Z97-Pro (Wifi-AC) CPU: 4690K @4.2ghz/1.2V Cooler: Noctua NH-D15 Ram: Kingston HyperX FURY 16GB 1866mhz GPU: Gigabyte G1 GTX970 Storage: (2x) WD Caviar Blue 1TB, Crucial MX100 256GB SSD, Samsung 840 SSD Wifi: TP Link WDN4800

Donkeys are love, Donkeys are life.                    "No answer means no problem!" - Luke 2015

Do you know how capitalism is supposed to work? If you want something, you buy it, if you can't afford, you don't get to have it. Simple concept really, people just self entitled and think they deserve all games for free.

Do you know how Europe works? 1x60$ game in the US costs upwards of 80$ in the EU. Do you know how eastern Europe works? 1x60$ game was constantly in supply shortage or not available as a whole several years ago and importing it cost around 100$-120$. Times were rough before digital distribution.

Archangel (Desktop) CPU: i5 4590 GPU:Asus R9 280  3GB RAM:HyperX Beast 2x4GBPSU:SeaSonic S12G 750W Mobo:GA-H97m-HD3 Case:CM Silencio 650 Storage:1 TB WD Red
Celestial (Laptop 1) CPU:i7 4720HQ GPU:GTX 860M 4GB RAM:2x4GB SK Hynix DDR3Storage: 250GB 850 EVO Model:Lenovo Y50-70
Seraph (Laptop 2) CPU:i7 6700HQ GPU:GTX 970M 3GB RAM:2x8GB DDR4Storage: 256GB Samsung 951 + 1TB Toshiba HDD Model:Asus GL502VT

Windows 10 is now MSX! - http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/440190-can-we-start-calling-windows-10/page-6

Do you know how Europe works? 1x60$ game in the US costs upwards of 80$ in the EU. Do you know how eastern Europe works? 1x60$ game was constantly in supply shortage or not available as a whole several years ago and importing it cost around 100$-120$. Times were rough before digital distribution.

And your point? You couldn't afford the game, so you shouldn't be allowed to have it until you can afford it. You're not entitled to entertainment...

Why can't we have demos of games anymore? Where did that go?

If we still had demos, we would know if the game even runs fine, but today, publishers need the money before you even see how well or bad the game runs.

Steam refunds helped a bit, just look at Batman Arkham Knight lol.

The stars died for you to be here today.

A locked bathroom in the right place can make all the difference in the world.

And your point? You couldn't afford the game, so you shouldn't be allowed to have it until you can afford it. You're not entitled to entertainment...

My point is. If I am forced to pay double the price, I at least deserve a demo of the game first (many don't have those). I own half the games I used to play pirated currently on steam or battlenet as I deemed them worthy of such an investment.

Furthermore, if the localization process for prices wasn't getting screwed up by Grey Market key resellers who take keys intended for us, lower-income users, and sell them to the US for low prices it would be a whole lot better. Imagine having to pay 80$ for your games and not having steam sales or G2A. Don't act as if third world countries deserve to rot in hell while you sit atop your ivory tower just because of dumb luck. If someone is offered a bad deal, they will steal. Simple as that.

Archangel (Desktop) CPU: i5 4590 GPU:Asus R9 280  3GB RAM:HyperX Beast 2x4GBPSU:SeaSonic S12G 750W Mobo:GA-H97m-HD3 Case:CM Silencio 650 Storage:1 TB WD Red
Celestial (Laptop 1) CPU:i7 4720HQ GPU:GTX 860M 4GB RAM:2x4GB SK Hynix DDR3Storage: 250GB 850 EVO Model:Lenovo Y50-70
Seraph (Laptop 2) CPU:i7 6700HQ GPU:GTX 970M 3GB RAM:2x8GB DDR4Storage: 256GB Samsung 951 + 1TB Toshiba HDD Model:Asus GL502VT

Windows 10 is now MSX! - http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/440190-can-we-start-calling-windows-10/page-6

when ya charge 60-80$+  for a game -_-

If people are pirating, it is a fucking sign that something is wrong. 

whether it is prices, or the service or something etc. 

Crackers will always find a way. There is always a flaw that can be exploited. Still one of the best DRM systems I've seen is FADE.

CPU: Intel i7 - 5820k @ 4.5GHz, Cooler: Corsair H80i, Motherboard: MSI X99S Gaming 7, RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 32GB DDR4 2666MHz CL16,

GPU: ASUS GTX 980 Strix, Case: Corsair 900D, PSU: Corsair AX860i 860W, Keyboard: Logitech G19, Mouse: Corsair M95, Storage: Intel 730 Series 480GB SSD, WD 1.5TB Black

Display: BenQ XL2730Z 2560x1440 144Hz

Uncrackable hardly, as to why fifa 16 hasn't been cracked call that supply and demand as in who the hell wants to play fifa 16, when previous ones are better, besides fifa is mostly multiplayer, also you can get a playable version I just checked, though no one released a stand alone crack (most likey because it has to be unlocked in a different manner than run this exe)

https://linustechtips.com/main/topic/631048-psu-tier-list-updated/ Tier Breakdown (My understanding)--1 Godly, 2 Great, 3 Good, 4 Average, 5 Meh, 6 Bad, 7 Awful

At this point the difference between the USD and the Euro is negligible, add the costs of shipping and certain additional costs they have in Europe and we're actually getting it slightly cheaper.

My Build:

Spoiler

CPU: i7 4770k GPU: GTX 780 Direct CUII Motherboard: Asus Maximus VI Hero SSD: 840 EVO 250GB HDD: 2xSeagate 2 TB PSU: EVGA Supernova G2 650W

Why can't we have demos of games anymore? Where did that go?

Apparently demos were shown to reduce sales of a game by a significant amount. More people that would have bought it decide they aren't going to buy it than people who were getting drawn in. So most companies don't do them anymore.

You know what's easier than buying and building a brand new PC? Petty larceny!
If you're worried about getting caught, here's a trick: Only steal one part at a time. Plenty of people will call the cops because somebody stole their computer -- nobody calls the cops because they're "pretty sure the dirty-bathrobe guy from next door jacked my heat sink."

Apparently demos were shown to reduce sales of a game by a significant amount. More people that would have bought it decide they aren't going to buy it than people who were getting drawn in. So most companies don't do them anymore.

Because if a game was going to be shit, people could find out for themselves before actually buying it and getting scammed.

Edit: BTW, if a game is actually worth what its sold for I'll buy it after playing the first level through unofficial means if there is no demo. Otherwise I just leave it and wait for a Steam sale. I know that most people would probably just play them all the way through-but fuck the publishers, support the devs.

"We also blind small animals with cosmetics.
We do not sell cosmetics. We just blind animals."

"Please don't mistake us for Equifax. Those fuckers are evil"

This PSA brought to you by Equifacks.
PMSL

See....that is exactly why we need piracy...because if the game studios want to scam us with theis unfinnished, buggy, shit products we can make a stop to it...we test it and if it is shit we just don't buy it and if it's great we go and support the devs...why? well because we support those who re good at their job and we want more good games and not more shit games masked as good with a short trailer and no demo

Specs: 

Spoiler

PC:CASE: FD Define r6 | CPU:Intel Core i7-8700k | MB: MSI z370 PC Pro RAM: 32GB Corsair vengance LPX 3000 GPU: Asus rx 6900xt Tuf STORAGE: nand 500GB Samsung 970Evo plus ; Game Storage: 2TB Samsung 860QVO Storage: 2 x WD Green 4TB | PSU: Corsair RM850x | CPUCooler: Noctua NH-D15   DISPLAY: LG 27GL850

At this point the difference between the USD and the Euro is negligible, add the costs of shipping and certain additional costs they have in Europe and we're actually getting it slightly cheaper.

Not exactly. Going from google

US Dollar equals
0.92 Euro
That means that 60$ should be roughly 50Eu. Definitely not 60Eu or 80Eu as quite a few games are sold for those prices.

Wow. That's kind of depressing.

I don't like how everything is quantity over quality these days.

Not exactly. Going from google

1 US Dollar equals

0.92 Euro

That means that 60$ should be roughly 50Eu. Definitely not 60Eu or 80Eu as quite a few games are sold for those prices.

Note how I mentioned other things increasing cost on the European market in combination with the low value of the euro. I also have never seen a game going for €80 when the US equivalent went for $60.

My Build:

Spoiler

CPU: i7 4770k GPU: GTX 780 Direct CUII Motherboard: Asus Maximus VI Hero SSD: 840 EVO 250GB HDD: 2xSeagate 2 TB PSU: EVGA Supernova G2 650W

Note how I mentioned other things increasing cost on the European market in combination with the low value of the euro. I also have never seen a game going for €80 when the US equivalent went for $60.

Welcome to Bulgaria. Where games cost more than your mortgage :D