Microsoft reveals some statistics using data from Windows 10 Users.

AlTech

1440015028808-635x357.jpg

If you were freaked out by MS collecting so much data about you well you have another thing coming. Literally! Since Microsoft collects more data than you realize.

And so they have analyzed data and found out these stats:

• People spent more than 11 billion hours on Windows 10 in December 2015.
  • 44.5 billion minutes were spent in Microsoft Edge across Windows 10 devices in December 2015 (0.71 billion hours).
  • Users asked Cortana more than 2.5 billion questions since launch.
  • More than 82 billion photos were viewed in the Windows 10 Photo application. (eek!)
  • Windows 10 gamers spent over 4 billion hours playing PC games. (Seriously?)
  • Gamers have streamed more than 6.6 million hours of Xbox One games to Windows 10 PCs

HOLY FUCKING CHRIST MICROSOFT! WTF! This is unbelievably creepy! You're almost as bad as Google with Android! (Google is still worse with Android than MS is with Windows 10)

At least Google has the common sense and common courtesy not to tell us when they pull shit like this.

LEAVE A COMMENT BELOW!

http://wccftech.com/microsoft-bragged-about-spying-on-windows-10-users/

Judge a product on its own merits AND the company that made it.

How to setup MSI Afterburner OSD | How to make your AMD Radeon GPU more efficient with Radeon Chill | (Probably) Why LMG Merch shipping to the EU is expensive

Oneplus 6 (Early 2023 to present) | HP Envy 15" x360 R7 5700U (Mid 2021 to present) | Steam Deck (Late 2022 to present)

Mid 2023 AlTech Desktop Refresh - AMD R7 5800X (Mid 2023), XFX Radeon RX 6700XT MBA (Mid 2021), MSI X370 Gaming Pro Carbon (Early 2018), 32GB DDR4-3200 (16GB x2) (Mid 2022

Noctua NH-D15 (Early 2021), Corsair MP510 1.92TB NVMe SSD (Mid 2020), beQuiet Pure Wings 2 140mm x2 & 120mm x1 (Mid 2023),

At this point I don't really care anymore. Anything you do on your PC, on the internet will be monitored one way or the other. I just hope they have fun looking at my data. :D

The Beast: CPU: i7 4790K GPU: EVGA 1080 SC Cooling: Dual NZXT Kraken x61 RAM: HyperX Fury 1866MHz Storage: SSD: 500GB Samsung EVO 840 + HDD: 1TB WD MOBO: Asus Z97 - a PSU: RM850x Case: H440 green-black Setup: Link PCPP: Link Evolution: Link 

Gear: PS4 with custom skin // Astro A50 Xbox edition to fit colour scheme // Oppo PM-3 Planar Magnetic Closed Back Headphones // OnePlus One 64GB sandstone

Other stuffs: Acer aspire 128GB SSD 10GB RAM // MacBook Pro 13" 500GB SSD 16GB RAM // A 2009 iMac 21"

>wccftech
Almost certainly clickbait at this point.

And besides, it's not like anyone else is tracking your activities, I dunno, ANYWHERE ELSE.

DAYTONA

PROCESSOR - AMD RYZEN 7 3700X
MOTHERBOARD - ASUS PRIME X370-PRO
RAM - 32GB (4x8GB) CORSAIR VENGEANCE LPX DDR4-2400
CPU COOLING - NOCTUA NH-D14
GRAPHICS CARD - EVGA NVIDIA GEFORCE GTX 980Ti SC+ ACX 2.0 w/ BACKPLATE
BOOT and PROGRAMS - CORSAIR MP600 1TB
GAMES and FILES - TOSHIBA 2TB
INTERNAL BACKUP - WESTERN DIGITAL GREEN 4TB
POWER SUPPLY - CORSAIR RM850i
CASE - CORSAIR OBSIDIAN 750D

One reason: Windows 8

I prefer it over 10 anyway

Welcome to LTT! Feel free to PM me if you just wanna chat, I love conversation!

If you ever have any audio questions, wether it's software, hardware, or production and theory, feel free to ask me. Odds are I can help you, or get you help. 

Sensationalist title is sensationalist 

System Specs

CPU: Ryzen 5 5600x | Mobo: Gigabyte B550i Aorus Pro AX | RAM: Hyper X Fury 3600 64gb | GPU: Nvidia FE 4090 | Storage: WD Blk SN750 NVMe - 1tb, Samsung 860 Evo - 1tb, WD Blk - 6tb/5tb, WD Red - 10tb | PSU:Corsair ax860 | Cooling: AMD Wraith Stealth  Displays: 55" Samsung 4k Q80R, 24" BenQ XL2420TE/XL2411Z & Asus VG248QE | Kb: K70 RGB Blue | Mouse: Logitech G903 | Case: Fractal Torrent RGB | Extra: HTC Vive, Fanatec CSR/Shifters/CSR Elite Pedals w/ Rennsport stand, Thustmaster Warthog HOTAS, Track IR5,, ARCTIC Z3 Pro Triple Monitor Arm | OS: Win 10 Pro 64 bit

One reason: Windows 8

I prefer it over 10 anyway

Thought I was the only one.

Anyway, unless you blocked the specific updates all the windows 10 spying tools are on windows 8 as well

This is why you disable everything that says "sent data to microsoft"

AMD Ryzen R7 1700 (3.8ghz) w/ NH-D14, EVGA RTX 2080 XC (stock), 4*4GB DDR4 3000MT/s RAM, Gigabyte AB350-Gaming-3 MB, CX750M PSU, 1.5TB SDD + 7TB HDD, Phanteks enthoo pro case

ok what's with the poll ? 8 answers to make 2 choices ?

yes this is bad, and i am sad for ppl who got enslaved by the system to the point that their right to privacy doesnt matter anymore to them.

personally stayed on win7, and i will not upgrade it, and really hope SteamOS takes off.

The informations listed is really just statistical data and is ok, now if they siad something like "we know how many people wore pants/skirts/nothing or who has X amount of email accounts and the passwords are kept safely or someother kind of personal shit they should not have THEN i would have a real issue.

A water-cooled mid-tier gaming PC.

Update: OP fixed the title. All is good!

--- Original post ---

Sensationalist title!

1- They don't brag about

2- That is called telemetry data, and that we know is what being collecting

3- Its not "more than previously thought"

Please fix title. Many people read the title and draw a conclusion, and not read your sarcastic news.

So they know I watch naked girls while my parents sleep? What are they going to do? Tattle on me? Lol I have nothing to hide and truly don't care though I can FULLY understand why people are upset with this.

i7-6700k  Cooling: Deepcool Captain 240EX White GPU: GTX 1080Ti EVGA FTW3 Mobo: AsRock Z170 Extreme4 Case: Phanteks P400s TG Special Black/White PSU: EVGA 850w GQ Ram: 64GB (3200Mhz 16x4 Corsair Vengeance RGB) Storage 1x 1TB Seagate Barracuda 240GBSandisk SSDPlus, 480GB OCZ Trion 150, 1TB Crucial NVMe
(Rest of Specs on Profile)

81e0af215ea87afb53613a295d79329f.png

Edit:

I don't really give a crap if a program collects telemetry... but if it was metadata, decryption keys, or other identifiable info, then I'm against it...

• People spent more than 11 billion hours on Windows 10 in December 2015.
  • 44.5 billion minutes were spent in Microsoft Edge across Windows 10 devices in December 2015 (0.71 billion hours).
  • Users asked Cortana more than 2.5 billion questions since launch.
  • More than 82 billion photos were viewed in the Windows 10 Photo application. (eek!)
  • Windows 10 gamers spent over 4 billion hours playing PC games. (Seriously?)
  • Gamers have streamed more than 6.6 million hours of Xbox One games to Windows 10 PCs

None of these is personal information imho so idgaf.

| Intel i7-3770@4.2Ghz | Asus Z77-V | Zotac 980 Ti Amp! Omega | DDR3 1800mhz 4GB x4 | 300GB Intel DC S3500 SSD | 512GB Plextor M5 Pro | 2x 1TB WD Blue HDD |
 | Enermax NAXN82+ 650W 80Plus Bronze | Fiio E07K | Grado SR80i | Cooler Master XB HAF EVO | Logitech G27 | Logitech G600 | CM Storm Quickfire TK | DualShock 4 |

Sensationalist title!

1- They don't brag about

2- That is called telemetry data, and that we know is what being collecting

3- Its not "more than previously thought"

Please fix title. Many people read the title and draw a conclusion, and not read your sarcastic news.

I was merely borrowing the first half from WCCFTECH!

And i fixed it. 

Judge a product on its own merits AND the company that made it.

How to setup MSI Afterburner OSD | How to make your AMD Radeon GPU more efficient with Radeon Chill | (Probably) Why LMG Merch shipping to the EU is expensive

Oneplus 6 (Early 2023 to present) | HP Envy 15" x360 R7 5700U (Mid 2021 to present) | Steam Deck (Late 2022 to present)

Mid 2023 AlTech Desktop Refresh - AMD R7 5800X (Mid 2023), XFX Radeon RX 6700XT MBA (Mid 2021), MSI X370 Gaming Pro Carbon (Early 2018), 32GB DDR4-3200 (16GB x2) (Mid 2022

Noctua NH-D15 (Early 2021), Corsair MP510 1.92TB NVMe SSD (Mid 2020), beQuiet Pure Wings 2 140mm x2 & 120mm x1 (Mid 2023),

WCCFTech should be banned, seriously

not that I condone MS taking a shit on privacy

Thought I was the only one.

Anyway, unless you blocked the specific updates all the windows 10 spying tools are on windows 8 as well

Well I currently use mac OSX (dont kill me, I needed a laptop for school that I could run an audio workstation on), but use PCs for school and with friends all the time, and do prefer 8. 

That being said, I'm getting a rig soon, dont worry

Welcome to LTT! Feel free to PM me if you just wanna chat, I love conversation!

If you ever have any audio questions, wether it's software, hardware, or production and theory, feel free to ask me. Odds are I can help you, or get you help. 

THIS IS ANONYMOUS. It's just analytics! It's not like they can see the pictures that you view in the photos app, just the fact that you opened it.

Having problems with your fresh Windows 10 install? PM Me!
Windows 10- Want To Disable Telemetry, Disable Cortana, Disable Windows Updates? Look at my guide HERE
LTT Beginners Guide  | Community Standards | TN&R Posting Guidelines

WCCFTech should be banned, seriously

not that I condone MS taking a shit on privacy

They are multiple different source that support WCCFTech, including BBC and ComputerWorld

None of this is personal information imho so idgaf.

+

Location: Kaunas, Lithuania, Europe, Earth, Solar System, Local Interstellar Cloud, Local Bubble, Gould Belt, Orion Arm, Milky Way, Milky Way subgroup, Local Group, Virgo Supercluster, Laniakea, Pisces–Cetus Supercluster Complex, Observable universe, Universe.

Spoiler

12700, B660M Mortar DDR4, 32GB 3200C16 Viper Steel, 2TB SN570, EVGA Supernova G6 850W, be quiet! 500FX, EVGA 3070Ti FTW3 Ultra.

Websites have been collecting this sort of anonymous data for at least a decade now. 90+% of them do it at this point. Mostly using Google Analytics. If this worries you then you should probably stop using computers completely. Or at least disconnect them all from the internet.

None of it is personal information. Really a non-issue.

They are multiple different source that support WCCFTech, including BBC and ComputerWorld

irrelevant!

WCCFTech throws a bowl of spaghetti at the wall, whatever sticks sticks

the rest, "not our fault"

I'm not sure what you think is super creepy. I work for a major agricultural manufacturer and I could tell you how many hours people put on our equipment last year.

Analytics =/= personal data collection.

CPU: i9-13900k MOBO: Asus Strix Z790-E RAM: 64GB GSkill  CPU Cooler: Corsair H170i

GPU: Asus Strix RTX-4090 Case: Fractal Torrent PSU: Corsair HX-1000i Storage: 2TB Samsung 990 Pro

As soon as you touch the internet you give up any right to privacy, thinking that you have any measure of digital privacy these days is foolish. Either deal with it or disconnect cause if someone wants your info they're gonna get it.

"The of and to a in is I that it for you was with on as have but be they"

This is literally just analytics... Nothing weird here...

Main rig on profile

VAULT - File Server

Spoiler

Intel Core i5 11400 w/ Shadow Rock LP, 2x16GB SP GAMING 3200MHz CL16, ASUS PRIME Z590-A, 2x LSI 9211-8i, Fractal Define 7, 256GB Team MP33, 3x 6TB WD Red Pro (general storage), 3x 1TB Seagate Barracuda (dumping ground), 3x 8TB WD White-Label (Plex) (all 3 arrays in their respective Windows Parity storage spaces), Corsair RM750x, Windows 11 Education

Sleeper HP Pavilion A6137C

Spoiler

Intel Core i7 6700K @ 4.4GHz, 4x8GB G.SKILL Ares 1800MHz CL10, ASUS Z170M-E D3, 128GB Team MP33, 1TB Seagate Barracuda, 320GB Samsung Spinpoint (for video capture), MSI GTX 970 100ME, EVGA 650G1, Windows 10 Pro

Mac Mini (Late 2020)

Spoiler

Apple M1, 8GB RAM, 256GB, macOS Sonoma

Consoles: Softmodded 1.4 Xbox w/ 500GB HDD, Xbox 360 Elite 120GB Falcon, XB1X w/2TB MX500, Xbox Series X, PS1 1001, PS2 Slim 70000 w/ FreeMcBoot, PS4 Pro 7015B 1TB (retired), PS5 Digital, Nintendo Switch OLED, Nintendo Wii RVL-001 (black)

HOLY FUCKING CHRIST MICROSOFT! WTF! This is unbelievably creepy! You're almost as bad as Google with Android! (Google is still worse with Android than MS is with Windows 10)

How is any of what they revealed creepy? It's pretty general data.