Mechanical Keyboard Club!

Dave :)

oh their back light caps ya I had heard about them doing that before. The Vortex Backlit Doubleshot PBT Keycaps that keep going on massdrop would probably be good for that.

yep that's exactly what I would go with.

Remember when this thread wasn't pinned... Ahh, took way to long to make someone do it haha.

now 223 pages later. Still going strong.

HELLS YES B)

PROFILEYEAH

What do people even put in these things?

Remember when this thread wasn't pinned... Ahh, took way to long to make someone do it haha.

now 223 pages later. Still going strong.

HELLS YES B)

Sadly the competing club in the subforum isnt doing nearly as well :P

http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/296868-enthusiast-and-gaming-mouse-owners-club/

As far as I know adding the BT chip doesn't affect programability.

That would be a pretty bad trade off it it did.

It would indeed but that has been the case in the past.

I want to get another 60% keyboard and I've come down to 2 choices: the Ducky Mini with browns, or Pok3r with clears.

Ducky Mini: recently going on sale almost every in Taiwan for $2590NTD, which is ~$79USD, and I get a free Ducky Mini bag plus a switch key chain. The thing is I already have a Ducky Mini with red switches, so...kind of debating here.

Pok3r: it'll be my first Poker series keyboard, and it comes with clears switches, which is more unique than browns. Down side is it's quite a bit more expensive than the Ducky Mini and I don't get any extra peripherals with it.

I'm a semi keyboard enthusiast, and at the same time I do like to game and type reports with a mechanical keyboard. Hence I will be carrying one of the 2 mentioned keyboards around. Which one should I get?!?!

Intel Xeon E3-1230 V2 | CM Hyper 212 Evo | MSI ZH77A-G43 | HyperX Fury DDR3 8GBx2 | MSI GTX 1060 GAMING X 3GB

Lian-Li PC-A05FN | SanDisk Ultra II 240GB | WD 1TB Blue | Cooler Master Silent Pro Gold 550W | ASUS MG248Q

Cherry G80-3000 (blue) | Ducky 9008 Shine 2 (black/blue LED) | Ducky 9087 Shine 2 Year of the Dragon (brown/yellow LED)

Ducky Mini Year of the Horse (white/blue+red LED) | Steelseries 6Gv2 (black) | Leopold FC660M (red) | Vortex Race 3 (blue)

Logitech G400s | Razer Abyssus Mirror Edition | Razer Goliathus Speed

Steelseries Sensei RAW | SteelSeries Qck | Zowie EC1-ASteelseries Qck+ Fnatic edition

I want to get another 60% keyboard and I've come down to 2 choices: the Ducky Mini with browns, or Pok3r with clears.

Ducky Mini: recently going on sale almost every in Taiwan for $2590NTD, which is ~$79USD, and I get a free Ducky Mini bag plus a switch key chain. The thing is I already have a Ducky Mini with red switches, so...kind of debating here.

Pok3r: it'll be my first Poker series keyboard, and it comes with clears switches, which is more unique than browns. Down side is it's quite a bit more expensive than the Ducky Mini and I don't get any extra peripherals with it.

I'm a semi keyboard enthusiast, and at the same time I do like to game and type reports with a mechanical keyboard. Hence I will be carrying one of the 2 mentioned keyboards around. Which one should I get?!?!

Out of the two I would personally go with the Pok3r.  It is programmable, and you will have options for aftermarket cases.

Well, its mostly working now, but R and ZZ sometimes do two letters.

Either way, it works most of the time, and keys never dont work.

Im going to stick with my Apple Adjustable Keyboard until it becomes unusable

n0ah1897, on 05 Mar 2014 - 2:08 PM, said:  "Computers are like girls. It's whats in the inside that matters.  I don't know about you, but I like my girls like I like my cases. Just as beautiful on the inside as the outside."

Well, its mostly working now, but R and ZZ sometimes do two letters.

Either way, it works most of the time, and keys never dont work.

Im going to stick with my Apple Adjustable Keyboard until it becomes unusable

more letters a messing up now?

more letters a messing up now?

yeah, just z, sometimes r.

But, they just repeat sometimes, better than not working sometimes

n0ah1897, on 05 Mar 2014 - 2:08 PM, said:  "Computers are like girls. It's whats in the inside that matters.  I don't know about you, but I like my girls like I like my cases. Just as beautiful on the inside as the outside."

yeah, just z, sometimes r.

But, they just repeat sometimes, better than not working sometimes

damn I wish I would have noticed that when I had it but I didn't really type on it for long just mainly tested the switched that I replaced

damn I wish I would have noticed that when I had it but I didn't really type on it for long just mainly tested the switched that I replaced

It's fine don't even use z that often.

Does anyone know where I would go about getting a wood case for my pok3r? I've seen the massdrop (ugh) and would rather not wait 5 years in order to get it.

Does anyone know where I would go about getting a wood case for my pok3r? I've seen the massdrop (ugh) and would rather not wait 5 years in order to get it.

Likely not without ordering from some sketch place in china and possibly having to pay someone to do it for you. Which is why massdrop is nice along with the decreased prices.

I think the wait is reasonable for most of the things. Usually better than other GB's ive been a part of in places.

Likely not without ordering from some sketch place in china and possibly having to pay someone to do it for you. Which is why massdrop is nice along with the decreased prices.

I think the wait is reasonable for most of the things. Usually better than other GB's ive been a part of in places.

not only that but most keyboard related things tend to have a decently long wait as it is from what i have seen

not only that but most keyboard related things tend to have a decently long wait as it is from what i have seen

Especially if they are made in run's instead of just retail products, which all the good stuff is. :P

New clacker, pok3r with blank Ducky PBT's. They'll do 'till I get my Galaxy set that popped up on MassDrop today :D

plXNg68h.jpg

Hi guys... I need purchase advise for a new keyboard ! ... may I post here? ..

• almost never game
  • wireless not necessary (but hey, why not if it works properly)
  • illumination not necessary (would be nice, since I occasionally type in the dark)
  • I like to type quietly
  • must be available in Germany
  • layout must be german 
  • dont need any macro or multimedia buttons
  • would like quality, since I usually replace cheapo keyboards every 2 years or so.
  • I do want a number pad ... (detachable would be nice, not necessary )
  • ideally the wire would come out on the side, not on the front / top  (have synthesizers on my desk)
  • would consider buying second hand if seller is in Germany

If misplaced, please move to correct sub. 

thanks

hmm... this is not in germany ... will pay a lot of shipping and maybe even import tax... would there be a better place to post my previous inquiry in this forum? thanks smexyfied so far!

What do they know of England, who only England know?

"Well that's what I always said I wanted to be remembered for, for being honest. Nothing else is worth a damn"

I HAVE JOINED THE POK3R CLUB!!!! Got myself a black Pok3r with Cherry MX brown switches. I can see why Pok3r owners heavily favor this over Ducky Mini now....this is just an awesome keyboard

Intel Xeon E3-1230 V2 | CM Hyper 212 Evo | MSI ZH77A-G43 | HyperX Fury DDR3 8GBx2 | MSI GTX 1060 GAMING X 3GB

Lian-Li PC-A05FN | SanDisk Ultra II 240GB | WD 1TB Blue | Cooler Master Silent Pro Gold 550W | ASUS MG248Q

Cherry G80-3000 (blue) | Ducky 9008 Shine 2 (black/blue LED) | Ducky 9087 Shine 2 Year of the Dragon (brown/yellow LED)

Ducky Mini Year of the Horse (white/blue+red LED) | Steelseries 6Gv2 (black) | Leopold FC660M (red) | Vortex Race 3 (blue)

Logitech G400s | Razer Abyssus Mirror Edition | Razer Goliathus Speed

Steelseries Sensei RAW | SteelSeries Qck | Zowie EC1-ASteelseries Qck+ Fnatic edition

post-221431-0-15428200-1441304605.jpg

My newly purchased Corsair K70 with Reds.

So far I am loving the build quality of this keyboard. All metal with a soft wrist rest, what more to ask for!

Pardon the picture quality, it was taken with my phone.

Build: CPU: i7-4790k @4.4 GHz 1.2v | GPU: Sapphire R9 380 Nitro | Memory: 16GB Evga SSC | Storage: 250GB 850 Evo, 1 TB Toshiba HDD | Mobo: Gigabyte GA-Z97X-Gaming 7  | Cooling: Aigo T120 RGB | Case: NZXT S340 | PSU: Antec HCG 520w | OS: Windows 10 | Keyboard: Corsair K70, Cherry MX Reds | Mouse: Logitech G600 | Monitor: LG 27UD58-B | Headset: Audio-Technica M40x w/ Modmic and Bravo Audio V2 Tube Amplifier 

Its not really a knockoff.

It never says it will change color, and never says its a k70

Anyway, backlighting is stupid.

I like my 1994 keyboard.

Its my love and life.

EDIT:

i have a bad habit of putting a space between each line... odd

howdy, quick intro. Das Pro S blue user at work. looking for a brown switch for home. i'd like a Das Pro 4 with some backlighting. Was thinking corsair k70, but Now I just heard about Ducky and wondering what others don't I know about. 

Looking for a Cherry Brown with Media volume knob, and back-light and built to last forever. Under 200 :)