do you think you can kill another human?

NanoTech56

if faced with the possibility of having to kill someone say a home intruder could you:

Edited by GoodBytes
Pool typo fix, title fixed

yes

Rigs I've Built

The Striker i5 4590 @ 3.7 ||  MSI GTX 980 Armor X2 || Corsair RMX 750 || Team Elite Plus 8 GB || Define S || MSI Z97S SLI Krait

The Office PC i3 4160 @ 3.6 || Intel 4600 || EVGA 500B || G.Skill 8 GB || Cooler Master N200 || ASRock H97M Pro4

The Friend PC G3258 @ 4.3 || Sapphire R9 280X Tri-X || EVGA 600B || 8 GB Dell Ram || Cooler Master N200 || ASRock H97M- iTX/ac

The Mom Gaming PC A10-7890K @ 4.4 || iGPU + ASUS R7 250 ||  8 GB Klevv DDR3-2800 Mhz

In self defense, sure. But for most people (they taught my cousin this in CHL class) it's shoot to incapacitate, not just to kill them. If I kill them, I'd be sorry, but they were the one to attack me so. Like if somebody was burgaling your house, you wouldn't just blow their head off with a shotgun. You can actually go to jail for that! 

I don't have a desire to kill. Not in the slightest. Would I? Yes. 

I used to be quite active here.

Can I? Yes, everyone can. Will I? I don't think so.

Spoiler

Everyday build:

CPU: Intel Core i7 5960x - GPU(s): 2x EVGA GTX 980 Ti Superclocked+ ACX2.0+ (SLI) - Cooler: be quiet! Dark Rock Pro 3 - Motherboard: ASUS Sabertooth X99 - RAM: 32GB Kingston HyperX Fury Black DDR4 4x8GB (2666MHz) - Storage: Intel 750 Series 1.2TB + 4TB WD Black - Case: Corsair 760T White - PSU: SeaSonic 1200W 80+ Platinum Certified - OS: Windows 10 Pro - Wireless Adapter: TP-Link Archer T9E - Monitor: Acer XB270HU bprz - Keyboard: Corsair K70 RGB - Mouse(s): Corsair Gaming M65 RGB + Logitech MX Master - Headphones: Sennheiser PC363D

http://pcpartpicker.com/p/WhyK99 https://linustechtips.com/main/topic/474247-r8-my-build/

Weekend build:

CPU: Intel Core i7 5930k - GPU(s): 2x EVGA GTX 980 Ti Classified ACX2.0+ (SLI) - Cooler: NZXT Kraken X61 - Motherboard: ASUS X99-Deluxe - RAM: 32GB Crucial Ballistix Sport LT DDR4 4x8GB (2666MHz) - Storage: Samsung 950 Pro 512GB m.2 & 2TB Samsung 850 Evo - Case: Phanteks Enthoo Evolv - PSU: SeaSonic SnowSilent 1050W 80+ Platinum Certified - OS: Windows 10 Home - Monitor: Dell S2716DG 144hz - Keyboard: Corsair STRAFE RGB - Mouse: Corsair Gaming M65 RGB - Headphones: Sennheiser PC363D

http://pcpartpicker.com/p/YYK93C

Out of necessity, not desire :/

Kind of a hard question to answer, considering the amount of possibilities.

4690K // 212 EVO // Z97-PRO // Vengeance 16GB // GTX 770 GTX 970 // MX100 128GB // Toshiba 1TB // Air 540 // HX650

Logitech G502 RGB // Corsair K65 RGB (MX Red)

Killing someone isn't exactly hard if you do it correctly...

"Try not to take things personally; what people say about you on the internet is a reflection of them, not you!"

Home intruder no

They would have to kill or attempt to kill or threaten to kill

I am not a stand your ground person

Thats that. If you need to get in touch chances are you can find someone that knows me that can get in touch.

In self defense, sure. But for most people (they taught my cousin this in CHL class) it's shoot to incapacitate, not just to kill them. If I kill them, I'd be sorry, but they were the one to attack me so. 

if a person broke into my house id shoot to kill. better to bust in to my house then break into someone else and harm them

In self defense, sure. But for most people (they taught my cousin this in CHL class) it's shoot to incapacitate, not just to kill them. If I kill them, I'd be sorry, but they were the one to attack me so. 

uQg4I.jpg

<3

I think almost anyone unless they have a physical/mental disability could manage to kill someone, but most of have no reason to and realize it's immoral. (Or at least I hope :P)

// irenebb-pc v5 // [] Intel i5-9400F [] Radeon VII Lisa Su Edition [] 24GB Crucial Ballistix [] Acer ED323QUR (1440p/144hz) []

Can I? Yes, everyone can. Will I? I don't think so.

yes anyone can but not many have the will power. they might say yes but if it happens where yo ahve to you might hide rather the take charge and do it

I find it surprisingly disturbing how many people voted yes. Why so eager to kill guys? Why can't we be friends? -breaks into song- lol

Don't do drugs. Do hugs!

I think almost anyone unless they have a physical/mental disability could manage to kill someone, but most of have no reason to and realize it's immoral. (Or at least I hope :P)

yes anyone can. but its the mental state that matters. anyone can killed a person with their bear hands. but will they if they absolutely needed to?  

if a person broke into my house id shoot to kill. better to bust in to my house then break into someone else and harm them

You can go to jail for purposely killing an intruder that didn't pose a threat (they couldn't hurt you.) I forgot how many years. If they're aiming a firearm at you? Sure, take 'em down. If they're begging you not to shoot them and tell you to just call the police and they'll cooperate? That sounds pretty immoral to me. 

Killing someone isn't exactly hard if you do it correctly...

you have experience?

You can go to jail for purposely killing an intruder that didn't pose a threat (they couldn't hurt you.) I forgot how many years. If they're aiming a firearm at you? Sure, take 'em down. If they're begging you not to shoot them and tell you to just call the police and they'll cooperate? That sounds pretty immoral to me. 

where i live you can/ if someone enters your house you can legally shoot then. and in court its not hard to argue your not trained to know where to shoot to keep then alive.

in most states in 'Merica we have something called castle effect

anyone stepping on private property without permission can be shot on site and no harm will come to you for defending your land

Rigs I've Built

The Striker i5 4590 @ 3.7 ||  MSI GTX 980 Armor X2 || Corsair RMX 750 || Team Elite Plus 8 GB || Define S || MSI Z97S SLI Krait

The Office PC i3 4160 @ 3.6 || Intel 4600 || EVGA 500B || G.Skill 8 GB || Cooler Master N200 || ASRock H97M Pro4

The Friend PC G3258 @ 4.3 || Sapphire R9 280X Tri-X || EVGA 600B || 8 GB Dell Ram || Cooler Master N200 || ASRock H97M- iTX/ac

The Mom Gaming PC A10-7890K @ 4.4 || iGPU + ASUS R7 250 ||  8 GB Klevv DDR3-2800 Mhz

anyone stepping on private property without permission can be shot on site and no harm will come to you for defending your land

exactly. i could shoot someone knocking my front door 

you have experience?

I have experience in almost killing myself a couple of times.

The human body is extremely fragile... 

"Try not to take things personally; what people say about you on the internet is a reflection of them, not you!"

only person i could kill is tim cook

I don't condone killing for almost any reason, but for tim? I guess i could just take a lunch break and look the other way when it happens, lol.

Don't do drugs. Do hugs!

where i live you can/ if someone enters your house you can legally shoot then. and in court its not hard to argue your not trained to know where to shoot to keep then alive.

Yes, you are 100% allowed to shoot them. I live in Texas, I own guns and I've read up on the laws of self-defence. Many juries have found people guilty that kill defenceless intruders. People go to jail for it. Again, attempting to attack you? Go for it. Defenceless and scared, and you shoot them in the kidney? Monster. 

^^^^

In Canada, when dealing with intruders, you have the right to hide in the closet and dial 911 and hope for the best until the fuzz arrive.