do you think you can kill another human?

NanoTech56

Not really. Your assuming that you know he will kill again. But there is absolutely no proof of this. Just that a person kills once doesnt make them a serial killer. As has been stated before in this thread, the body is fragile. Anyone "can" technicslly kill. Would you kill your nextdoor neighbor? He can kill, and remember how he looked at you funny the other day? Or how abouf police officers? We here stories of them killing without just cause all the time(im not getting into a debate about this too, just using it as an example.) Or how about youf co-workers? Are you going to kill all these people because they "could" go kill you and other people? Before you accuse me of the slippery slope fallacy, be aware i know I am making it. I am doing so in order to point out that you have done so too. It is a slippery slope to assume that a guy that killed once is gonna go on a killing spree. This isn't cannibalism ffs its not like you taste the blood and get hooked. xD

if you killed once why cant you again? i know people from the bronks who have killed mulitpul times on home invasion. and yes he is in custy now.

Come on now. I know you cant actually believe that completely. Just because a person does one bad thing makes them evil? Not saying you robbed anyone, but are you telling me youve never done one bad thing in your whole life? I wish the world was as black and white as you would have me believe, but its not. Just that someone attacks you doesnt mean there is no good in him, or that you know for sure he will do it to others. I take no offence to your post, but i will argue with someone who would as you say "survive the attack". You might disagree with me, but its very healthy to challenge each others beliefs. If no one ever challenged a widely held idea, where would the world be now? You dont have to agree with me, but all i have done is challenge an idea, and I wont be told to back down.

It's not your job to determine if they have good inside of them. That's what Hollywood movies are for, happy stories where attackers can be talked to and reasoned with. Your job is to do whatever humans do when they're threatened. If your reaction is "please don't hurt me sir!" or to run away, you'd get shot or they'd give up. Fine, both live. If he's not a good person like you seem to believe killers can be, he'd go and rob somebody else, potentially killing them. Who knows, maybe he's not a bad person and he gave up his life of crime. The thing is that you don't know what kind of a person he is. You just know that they want you or your stuff for some reason. I mean, come on man, at least try to get them away (if you're defenceless and the only way out is running or cooperating with him, just do it. Don't try and be a hero.)  Pepper spray works wonders. I never ever said that you have to kill them. In fact, I'd rather not kill them. But if they're attacking you it's not your job to sit there and ask "y dood?" If you want to give them the money they ask for, that's fine.

God, I've got to stop staying up until 3 AM. I can see that you are a very reasonable person. I do not disagree with your values, you've already said that if it came to protecting a dozen people you'd reluctantly do it. That's enough for me. 

I would say let's agree to disagree, but we don't seem to disagree about anything. Just varying degrees of what seems right. 

I used to be quite active here.

Yes, and it's not a matter of how tough someone feels, some people have a mental capacity that can deal with that.

CONSOLE KILLER: Pentium III 700mhz . 512MB RAM . 3DFX VOODOO 3 SLi

uQg4I.jpg

<3

giphy.gif

MERIKA

FUK YEEAA

OFF TOPIC: I suggest every poll from now on to have "**CK EA" option instead of "Other"

Yes, and it's not a matter of how tough someone feels, some people have a mental capacity that can deal with that.

and some people have a mental capcity do that on that weekends for "fun". but on this forum i bet only a few do

I would kill another human, but it would not be from direct bad against myself. Hurt a member of my family, you will come to close to death, but it depends how severe, say if my brother was put in a coma, you are going to be praying to jesus i don't find you, i will most likely strip the skin from your body.

I would kill another human, but it would not be from direct bad against myself. Hurt a member of my family, you will come to close to death, but it depends how severe, say if my brother was put in a coma, you are going to be praying to jesus i don't find you, i will most likely strip the skin from your body.

Oh my 

I used to be quite active here.

id think you'd be a person who wold do it for fun. no offence 

heh

im the kind of guy who would be apart of the purge

OFF TOPIC: I suggest every poll from now on to have "**CK EA" option instead of "Other"

but this is the thing. you say and think that. but when it happens in real life. will it change. it does for most people. for me i think i would do it. i think that because a person told my girlfriend she was sexy and i kicked his ass. like legit i knocked out 4 teeth and make him cry. he had tears  come out telling me to stop. i have anger problems and when i get mad i get mad. so i am 100% sure id kill someone if it came down to it 

Home intruder no

They would have to kill or attempt to kill or threaten to kill

I am not a stand your ground person

A lot of people don't approve of this, but if you step one foot into my house after I warn you, you're getting shot. If you're trying to break into my house and steal the property I worked for, then you're going down. 

I know I will get a lot of shit for this. 

CPU: Ryzen 5 5600 Motherboard: MSI B550 Tomahawk RAM: 32Gb DDR4  GPU(s): MSI 6800-XT Case: NZXT H440 Storage: 4x 250gb SSD + 2TB HDD PSU: Corsair RM850x with CableMod Displays: 1 x Asus ROG Swift And 3 x 24" 1080p Cooling: H100i Keyboard: Corsair K70 RGB Mouse: Corsair M65 RGB Sound: AKG 553 Operating System: Windows 10

Current PC: 

http://i.imgur.com/ubYSO3f.jpg          http://i.imgur.com/xhpDcqd.jpg

A lot of people don't approve of this, but if you step one foot into my house after I warn you, you're getting shot. If you're trying to break into my house and steal the property I worked for, then you're going down. 

I know I will get a lot of shit for this. 

i 100% agree. all you have to do is kick my door and ill have 12 gauge buck shot going though your body 

According to the FBI there is a huge link to what month people are born and to the type of crime they will pull off.

https://www.instantcheckmate.com/crimewire/zodiac-killer/

According to my own i will kill you. -Cancer

march?

exactly what i thought. but that could be a online persona 

it is lol

im not like my internet self in real life

march?

July myself, i'm a full on Cancerian.

"According to the FBI, Cancerians are the most deadly horoscope in the zodiac! Out of all the star signs, they are arrested the most. Mental instability is a negative trait of the Cancer sign, and this can make them likely to offend repeatedly. Crimes of passion are frequent in the house of Cancer. If the creepy crab gets a taste for killing, they’re likely to strike again and leave distinguishing marks on their victims."

it is lol

im not like my internet self in real life

like 99% of people

if you killed once why cant you again? i know people from the bronks who have killed mulitpul times on home invasion. and yes he is in custy now.

Sure, if you killed once you can again. Also if you killed zero times, you can always start and kill your first. And if you have killed 351 times, you can always make it 352. Point is you dont KNOW that if he kills once fhat he will do so again. Your talking about ending a life based on something that MIGHT happen. Since death is kinda permanent you might not wanna kill based on "maybe, possibly, he might kill someone else? ._. Maybe?"

It's not your job to determine if they have good inside of them. That's what Hollywood movies are for, happy stories where attackers can be talked to and reasoned with. Your job is to do whatever humans do when they're threatened. If your reaction is "please don't hurt me sir!" or to run away, you'd get shot or they'd give up. Fine, both live. If he's not a good person like you seem to believe killers are, he'd go and rob somebody else, potentially killing them. There you go, you just saved your life, and the life of a murderer. You must feel really good about yourself knowing a man you let live ruined the lives of a family. Who knows, maybe he's not a bad person and he gave up his life of crime. The thing is that you don't know what kind of a person he is. You just know that they want you or your stuff for some reason. I mean, come on man, at least try to get them away (if you're defenceless and the only way out is running or cooperating with him, just do it. Don't try and be a hero.) Pepper spray works wonders. I never ever said that you have to kill them. In fact, I'd rather not kill them. But if they're attacking you it's not your job to sit there and ask "y dood?" If you want to give them the money they ask for, that's fine.

God, I've got to stop staying up until 3 AM. I can see that you are a very reasonable person. I do not disagree with your values, you've already said that if it came to protecting a dozen people you'd reluctantly do it. That's enough for me.

I would say let's agree to disagree, but we don't seem to disagree about anything. Just varying degrees of what seems right.

Well you just kinda made my point for me. Its not our job to judge them. He could be the nicest guy in the world making one bad mistake, more evil than adolf hitler, or anywhere in between. We dont know. And what bothers me is your main argument for killing him other than just wanting to live is that he could go kill others. Your basing it all on a possible future situation of which you have no proof will ever happen. Yes he could go kill another family. Or it could be a one time thing. Or he could end up being a serial killer. Or he could retire to live out his days in the wilderness away from society. Point is, we have no idea what the hell this guy will do after killing you. Nor do we have any idea what anyone else will do, even if they havnt murdered before. They can start any time. Let me also clear some stuff up. You mustve missed it, but in another post i listed non-lethal defence as something I see as acceptable in this situation. Id have no trouble pepper spraying a guy. I would definitely try things before laying down and dying, but killing is where i draw the line. Also, you seem to think id kill to save a large group. I didnt mean this, if thats what it sounded like. I meant i can understand the rationale behind it if someone does so. Save 10 lives by killing 1, is numerically better than letting 10 die and the 1 killer walking away. I cant say that i would personally do so however. I couldnt deal with ths guilt. If for some reason i did, id probably just end up commiting suicide myself so that i didnt have to. Not saying you should, just being honest as to how id probably react. I have to say, i definitely disagree with you though. No hard feelings. Its hard to convey on the internet, but i saw this as a friendly discussion on moral values. Nothing hostile. Hopefully you saw it as the same. Sorry if i offended you, friend.

Don't do drugs. Do hugs!

People trying to put brain into someone killing another, you need to stop, for a repeat offender, they either have mutated brain capacity to deal with such horror, or have completely lost it, there is no thinking around it, a normal human cannot kill another it's no joke.

Another type is a gullible one like Jihadists.

so you rather die knowing you killed 0 times, then live killing a guy who is willing to kill in the first place? so if lets say ted busty killed you you wouldn't care because alteast you dint killed? even tho if yu killed him you would of saved countless number of lifes. killing to kill and killing to not die is different. 

People trying to put brain into someone killing another, you need to stop, for a repeat offender, they either have mutated brain capacity to deal with such horror, or have completely lost it, there is no thinking around it, a normal human cannot kill another it's no joke.

Another type is a gullible one like Jihadists.

the thing is i dont have a consistence if i killed for fun once i dont think id care. but i wouldn't kill in the first place mostly because of the consequences of getting caught. so i guess the legal system works in some ways 

the thing is i dont have a consistence if i killed for fun once i dont think id care. but i wouldn't kill in the first place mostly because of the consequences of getting caught. so i guess the legal system works in some ways 

Exactly and this is a sound normal working mind, for you to kill you would need to lose your capacity to care for your own safety, i am not like this, i have the capacity to control myself but i know i have an extra step where most people hit 10 on the anger level, i hit 11.

I am more scared of myself than i am of anyone else.

Sure, if you killed once you can again. Also if you killed zero times, you can always start and kill your first. And if you have killed 351 times, you can always make it 352. Point is you dont KNOW that if he kills once fhat he will do so again. Your talking about ending a life based on something that MIGHT happen. Since death is kinda permanent you might not wanna kill based on "maybe, possibly, he might kill someone else? ._. Maybe?"

Should a victim not think about the permanent effect of death then? :huh:

"Oh...well maybe the guy pointing a gun at me is really just a nice guy in a bad time and won't pull the trigger at all."

Guessed wrong. Dead. Guy goes on to murder another person, but at least you gave him the benefit of the doubt he wouldn't repeat himself or kill you before you died.

|  The United Empire of Earth Wants You | The Stormborn (ongoing build; 90% done)  |  Skyrim Mods Recommendations  LTT Blue Forum Theme! | Learning Russian! Blog |
|"They got a war on drugs so the police can bother me.”Tupac Shakur  | "Half of writing history is hiding the truth"Captain Malcolm Reynolds | "Museums are racist."Michelle Obama | "Slap a word like "racist" or "nazi" on it and you'll have an army at your back."MSM Logic | "A new command I give you: love one another. As I have loved you, so you must love one another"Jesus Christ | "I love the Union and the Constitution, but I would rather leave the Union with the Constitution than remain in the Union without it."Jefferson Davis |

so you rather die knowing you killed 0 times, then live killing a guy who is willing to kill in the first place? so if lets say ted busty killed you you wouldn't care because alteast you dint killed? even tho if yu killed him you would of saved countless number of lifes. killing to kill and killing to not die is different.

Yes... Just yes. Thats exactly what im saying, in a situation involving me. If it were a clear situation in which i knew for a fact a bunch of other people would die of i didnt stop him( a typical robbery is not such a situation.), then i would be very conflicted. Truthfully i dunno what i would do in such a situation. Its a hard call for me, because i value all life, even life of people who have or are doing bad things. All i can say for sure, is if i were to do it, id end my own life next. I know myself too well, i couldnt live with the guilt. Explain to me how killing in defence of yourself is different? Result is the same, someone dies...

Don't do drugs. Do hugs!