do you think you can kill another human?

NanoTech56

true. if i was at my home computer, i could find the case im actually thinking of.  some dude broke into the house, tripped down the stairs and broke something, sued and the judge told him he was a piece of shit, but he still won.

Castle Law generally prevents the person from suing if you injure them after they break in, but it follows pretty strict guidelines. and there are always exceptions.

What a case. I love America. 

I used to be quite active here.

I won't answer the poll, but ask my loaded, short barrel, pistol grip, 12 gauge Mossberg 500 in my closet. 

By the way... you really should fix "it deepens."

Edited by Godlygamer23

if faced with the possibility of having to kill someone say a home intruder could you: 

You need to fix the title. I walked into this thinking all kinds of shit rolling down hill and was going to make a point of that.

After reading your post I settled down.

Seriously re-word your title.

And fix your poll,  you have "deepens" not depends.

@Godlygamer23

@ixi_your_face

@airdeano

@GoodBytes

@Blade of Grass

OT:

Depending on the situation and if my life or someone else's life was in immediate danger I could bring myself to do the act but only if I had absolutely no other choice (either him/her or me and my own).

I come to this point from both a military and law enforcement trained point of view.

Far be it to me to have to explain this but Military and Law enforcement are trained to fight only if needed (in the US) not to kill outright. (Somebody will disagree with me on this but I went through the training first hand so prove me wrong.)

I will finish reviewing the other replies after posting this but I can see this thread diving into a flame war if not handled properly.

Point of reference: Everyone, and I mean everyone is capable of killing another person regardless. Whether or not they are able to mentally is another story in itself.

Edited by SansVarnic

COMMUNITY STANDARDS   |   TECH NEWS POSTING GUIDELINES   |   FORUM STAFF

LTT Folding Users Tips, Tricks and FAQ   |   F@H & BOINC Badge Request   |   F@H Contribution    My Rig   |   Project Steamroller

I am a Moderator, but I am fallible. Discuss or debate with me as you will but please do not argue with me as that will get us nowhere.

Spoiler

Character is like a Tree and Reputation like its Shadow. The Shadow is what we think of it; The Tree is the Real thing.  ~ Abraham Lincoln

Reputation is a Lifetime to create but seconds to destroy.

You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life.  ~ Winston Churchill

Docendo discimus - "to teach is to learn"

CHRISTIAN MEMBER 

This poll is definitely not data collection for the NSA, CIA, FBI, GCHQ, etc..

"Normandy" i7 4790K - GTX 970 - Phantom 410 (Gun metal) - Z97 Extreme4 (asrock) - 128GB Crucial SSD - 1TB WD HDD - H60 Refurb. - 7 case fans | G710+ Keyboard, G230 Headset, Acer GN246HL Monitor.

Quick thoughts on system: I7 is extremely quick and I'm glad I spent the extra for hyper-threading. I regret my decision to get the GTX 970, it has horrible coil whine. There isn't any excuse for this terrible whine I and others are having. I HIGHLY recommend a 144hz monitor. Future Improvements/upgrades: Rubber fan mounts, basic speakers, more ram (for a total of 16gb), replace GPU.

144hz is love. 144hz is life. I like to submit unfinished posts then do about 20 edits. I like the Night Theme too.

in most states in 'Merica we have something called castle effect

anyone stepping on private property without permission can be shot on site and no harm will come to you for defending your land

If I may;

Correction: Its known as the 'Castle Doctrine' or 'Stand your Ground' law: You may shoot an intruder that enter your house, some (very few) states allow for anywhere on property but you have to justify the shot.

The Castle Doctrine is a common law doctrine stating that an individual has no duty to retreat when in his or her home, or “castle,” and may use reasonable force, including deadly force, to defend his or her property, person, or another.

In criminal law, the castle doctrine is an exception to the retreat rule. The retreat rule allows a person the use of deadly force while protecting his/her place of abode, its premises and its inhabitants from attack such as from a trespasser who intends to commit a felony or inflict serious bodily injury or harm. This defense justifies such conduct constituting a criminal offense. This is also termed as defense of premises, defense of habitation and dwelling defense. 

LTT Folding Users Tips, Tricks and FAQ   |   F@H & BOINC Badge Request   |   F@H Contribution    My Rig   |   Project Steamroller

I am a Moderator, but I am fallible. Discuss or debate with me as you will but please do not argue with me as that will get us nowhere.

Spoiler

Character is like a Tree and Reputation like its Shadow. The Shadow is what we think of it; The Tree is the Real thing.  ~ Abraham Lincoln

You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life.  ~ Winston Churchill

CHRISTIAN MEMBER 

You need to fix the title. I walked into this thinking all kinds of shit rolling down hill and was going to make a point of that.

After reading your post I settled down.

Seriously re-word your title.

And fix your poll,  you have "deepens" not depends.

@Godlygamer23

@ixi_your_face

@airdeano

@GoodBytes

@Blade of Grass

OT:

Depending on the situation and if my life or someone else's life was in immediate danger I could bring myself to do the act but only if I had absolutely no other choice (either him/her or me and my own).

I come to this point from both a military and law enforcement trained point of view.

Far be it to me to have to explain this but Military and Law enforcement are trained to fight only if needed (in the US) not to kill outright. (Somebody will disagree with me on this but I went through the training first hand so prove me wrong.)

I will finish reviewing the other replies after posting this but I can see this thread diving into a flame war if not handled properly.

Point of reference: Everyone, and I mean everyone is capable of killing another person regardless. Whether or not they are able to mentally is another story in itself.

duh everyone is capable but mentally can you. and i was drunk when i made it dont act like your all perfect because a drunk person spells a word wrong. k bb

Fixed Pool typo, and title.

but you are wrong im not asking in danger that is just a example i gave. 

but you are wrong im not asking in danger that is just a example i gave.

Oh sorry about that.

Fixed (you can edit the title as you want).

dont act like your all perfect because a drunk person spells a word wrong. k bb

I wasn't, I was pointing it out for you to correct it, besides I wasn't the first one to point it out. 

I know quite well I am not perfect, I am far from it. We all make mistakes, if you see a mistake I made then point it out and I will thank you for it and fix it.  ;)

Spoiler

CHRISTIAN MEMBER 

I wasn't, I was pointing it out for you to correct it, besides I wasn't the first one to point it out. 

I know quite well I am not perfect, I am far from it. We all make mistakes, if you see a mistake I made then point it out and I will thank you for it and fix it.  ;)

i dont like to be a dick about stuff. thats why i get salty when i feel people are 

i dont like to be a dick about stuff. thats why i get salty when i feel people are 

I am the type that doesn't beat the bush about things and says it straight to point. Can be mistaken sometimes. Its all good.  ;)

Spoiler

CHRISTIAN MEMBER 

Are we looking to get the NSA's attention here?

Mystery is the source of all true science.

Are we looking to get the NSA's attention here?

In what way?

Spoiler

CHRISTIAN MEMBER 

The only sort of circumstance in which I would ever consider killing someone is one in which I or those I care about have a literally 0% chance of getting out alive otherwise. And since the occurrence of such a situation is also extremely unlikely within any of our lives, I'm going to say "no." Under any other scenario, I am completely mentally incapable of doing so.

Why is the God of Hyperdeath SO...DARN...CUTE!?

Also, if anyone has their mind corrupted by an anthropomorphic black latex bat, please let me know. I would like to join you.

Home intruder no

They would have to kill or attempt to kill or threaten to kill

I am not a stand your ground person

If someone was robbing you, you wouldn't shoot or kill them? They would have to kill you first?

If someone was robbing you, you wouldn't shoot or kill them? They would have to kill you first?

No they would have to threaten to shoot me first or they would have to be violent in which case I incapacitate them.

Thats that. If you need to get in touch chances are you can find someone that knows me that can get in touch.

No they would have to threaten to shoot me first or they would have to be violent in which case I incapacitate them.

If it were me, I wouldn't take any chances with a home intruder. :P

If it were me, I wouldn't take any chances with a home intruder. :P

I actually value the lives of other people and think of the bigger picture.

Thats that. If you need to get in touch chances are you can find someone that knows me that can get in touch.

if faced with the possibility of having to kill someone say a home intruder could you:

yes if it was to protect my family

Edit: If I or my family had no way of escaping alive

Not on purpose, it could happen as an accident at work. We need to work with 400 Volts from time to time. Also if someone breaks in, not sure if my big Maglight Flashlight can kill someone. 

Intel 4790k | Asus Z97 Maximus VII Impact | Corsair Vengeance Pro Series 16 GB 1866Mhz | Asus Strix GTX 980 | CoolerMaster G550 |Samsung Evo 250GB | Synology DS215j (NAS) | Logitech G502 |

I actually value the lives of other people and think of the bigger picture.

You value the lives of robbers more than yours or the people that you care about?

You value the lives of robbers more than yours or the people that you care about?

If they aren't going to attack me or the people I care about I wont attack them.

Easy question to ask and answer. Especially via the internet. Nearly everyone on the internet is immune to any type of humanitarian situations. 

I don't think I could.

Again, you just assume he goes on to kill others. You have no proof he will. You have no proof your mailman or next door neighbor wont. You would be killing him based on just the idea that he might. Best just kill everyone in that case because we all have just as much of an ability to kill as someone that already has.

Breaking into my house it's obvious he doesn't care about my feelings I'm not going to care about his.

If he is leaving I won't kill him but if he is moving towards me I will.

Caveman comes into cave rapes woman her lover kills man.

Fool comes into castle raped Queen, King kills fool.

Man comes into house, gets shot before he makes it up stairs.

You defend you belief by saying I can't know what he will do in the future. You are right I can only make a decision based on the present.

He is in my home illegally, from this I can make the assumption he doesn't care about stealing so he doesn't care about the people he is hurting. He has already proven he is willing to break the law. Right now the life of my family is in his hands but he has already shown a disregard for the law how can I trust him to leave peacefully or to not hurt my family. Because of the situation this man has put us all in I can only assume the worst. We are animals at our core our only purpose is to reproduce and survive.

You threaten my offspring and my survival you better start praying to whatever deity you worship because you won't be leaving in one piece.

Since we are being hypothetical here, if a man was stood in the middle of your family ready to blow up and kill them all but you could kill him and save them you wouldn't do it?

I would hope nobody is actually itching to kill someone, if you are you need help but I genuinely believe if you have no will to survive you need help too surely you must have something in your life you are willing to protect. Do you have kids?

Like E-Sports? Check out the E-Sports forum for competitive click click pew pew

Like Anime? Check out Heaven Society the forums local Anime club

I was only living because it was too much trouble to die.

R9 7950x | RTX4090