do you think you can kill another human?

NanoTech56

You don't want to kill anyone unless its someone you hate so much that it fucks with your judgement.

A home intruder probably has nothing against you personally. You don't know him either. So just incapacitate him.

Where possible, avoid hurting him where it would be fatal. Of course if you absolutely have to kill him to save yourself or a loved one, then you have justification to do so.

Worst case scenario, you end up behind bars but at least you and your family is safe.

nah,you come into my house by forced entry and you die its simple.

In Canada, when dealing with intruders, you have the right to hide in the closet and dial 911 and hope for the best until the fuzz arrive.

your dead before they come.

You don't want to kill anyone unless its someone you hate so much that it fucks with your judgement.

A home intruder probably has nothing against you personally. You don't know him either. So just incapacitate him.

Where possible, avoid hurting him where it would be fatal. Of course if you absolutely have to kill him to save yourself or a loved one, then you have justification to do so.

Worst case scenario, you end up behind bars but at least you and your family is safe.

To save yourself? Really? I get that people have survival instinct but i really dont see fhe moral justification there. If you kill him, one person dies. If he kills you, one person dies. By killing to defend yourself you really havn't changed the overall outcome. I can kinda understand if you do it to protect a bunch of other people, but if its just me I'd rather just do my best to find a peaceful solution or die trying. Id rather that i be the one to die, than having the death of another person on my conscience.

Don't do drugs. Do hugs!

exactly. i could shoot someone knocking my front door 

except  where i live (nj) where we have a equal force law, i can only attack the intruder with respectable force. if he has i knife, i cant shoot to kill, i can only shoot to injur. if he has a a gun, i can shoot to kill. if he has a blunt object or firsts, im only allowed to use something equal to it.

Rigs I've Built

The Striker i5 4590 @ 3.7 ||  MSI GTX 980 Armor X2 || Corsair RMX 750 || Team Elite Plus 8 GB || Define S || MSI Z97S SLI Krait

The Office PC i3 4160 @ 3.6 || Intel 4600 || EVGA 500B || G.Skill 8 GB || Cooler Master N200 || ASRock H97M Pro4

The Friend PC G3258 @ 4.3 || Sapphire R9 280X Tri-X || EVGA 600B || 8 GB Dell Ram || Cooler Master N200 || ASRock H97M- iTX/ac

The Mom Gaming PC A10-7890K @ 4.4 || iGPU + ASUS R7 250 ||  8 GB Klevv DDR3-2800 Mhz

Well its your house. Have it any way you like.

well unless they are a better shooter than me 

To save yourself? Really? I get that people have survival instinct but i really dont see fhe moral justification there. If you kill him, one person dies. If he kills you, one person dies. By killing to defend yourself you really havn't changed the overall outcome. I can kinda understand if you do it to protect a bunch of other people, but if its just me I'd rather just do my best to find a peaceful solution or die trying. Id rather that i be fhe one to die, than having the death of another person on my conscience.

so your gng yo be likr hey bro dont shoot me i wont call the cops just take my money. how do yo think that is going to go over, i can see if you haven't seen their face. but then again their breaking into your house with a weapon so how much regard for a human life do you think they have?

except  where i live (nj) where we have a equal force law, i can only attack the intruder with respectable force. if he has i knife, i cant shoot to kill, i can only shoot to injur. if he has a a gun, i can shoot to kill. if he has a blunt object or firsts, im only allowed to use something equal to it.

thats dumb. in my state all you have to do is tell the intruder i have a weapon and i am willing to use lethal force if you dont leave. so thats why you kill them so in court they cant say you never told them that. 

exactly. i could shoot someone knocking my front door 

No you couldn't unless under very very very very very particular circumstances. 

To save yourself? Really? I get that people have survival instinct but i really dont see fhe moral justification there. If you kill him, one person dies. If he kills you, one person dies. By killing to defend yourself you really havn't changed the overall outcome. I can kinda understand if you do it to protect a bunch of other people, but if its just me I'd rather just do my best to find a peaceful solution or die trying. Id rather that i be the one to die, than having the death of another person on my conscience.

So you'd rather die to an attacker than kill him defending yourself? The moral justification is "uh, he attacked me and I defended myself.) 

You're not from America, are you? 

I used to be quite active here.

so your gng yo be likr hey bro dont shoot me i wont call the cops just take my money. how do yo think that is going to go over, i can see if you haven't seen their face. but then again their breaking into your house with a weapon so how much regard for a human life do you think they have?

I didnt say i had much hope for a peaceful solution, but like i said. Id rather die trying than have the guys death on my conscience. Besides, there are plenty of options besides just dropping your money and saying please dont kill me. You can run, hide, try to talk them out of it(it has worked before even if rarely). In addition you can take classes to train in certain martial arts in order to learn how to fight to incapacitate/disable rather than kill. Murder isnt the only option. Are these garunteed to work? No. But is it garunteed that you will win in a gun fight? No. And again, even if all non-killing options fail, if someone has to die id rather it be me, than live with that on my conscience.

Don't do drugs. Do hugs!

You seem to think people are just numbers, all one and the same. You, a peaceful law abiding citizen who probably has people who care/depend on you, versus somoene who freaking broke into your house and probably doesn't have much to lose.

You think it fine to accept death by a terrorist? A terrorist is still a human after all.

exactly, if a perish is willing to breaking into  a house they must not care about much. maybe they have a family to feed but still. ill freely give a stranger $20 that tuely needs it.

Hurt a horse and I'll hurt you  :mellow:

Case: NZXT Phantom PSU: EVGA G2 650w Motherboard: Asus Z97-Pro (Wifi-AC) CPU: 4690K @4.2ghz/1.2V Cooler: Noctua NH-D15 Ram: Kingston HyperX FURY 16GB 1866mhz GPU: Gigabyte G1 GTX970 Storage: (2x) WD Caviar Blue 1TB, Crucial MX100 256GB SSD, Samsung 840 SSD Wifi: TP Link WDN4800

Donkeys are love, Donkeys are life.                    "No answer means no problem!" - Luke 2015

I didnt say i had much hope for a peaceful solution, but like i said. Id rather die trying than have the guys death on my conscience. Besides, there are plenty of options besides just dropping your money and saying please dont kill me. You can run, hide, try to talk them out of it(it has worked before even if rarely). In addition you can take classes to train in certain martial arts in order to learn how to fight to incapacitate/disable rather than kill. Murder isnt the only option. Are these garunteed to work? No. But is it garunteed that you will win in a gun fight? No. And again, even if all non-killing options fail, if someone has to die id rather it be me, than live with that on my conscience.

even if you use a gun that fires beanie bags that can break ribs. at that point their probably more willing to kill you while their on the ground hurt knowing tier going to get caught. if you only go off movie and games you wont think they will fight back at that time, but they will 

No you couldn't unless under very very very very very particular circumstances. 

So you'd rather die to an attacker than kill him defending yourself? The moral justification is "uh, he attacked me and I defended myself.) 

You're not from America, are you?

Yes, i am from america. Im aware my opinion isnt popular here. Yes id rather die than kill in defence. How is "he attacked me" justification? You still killed a guy... I fail to see how that makes it right. Is it because you feel the need to get revenge on him for attacking you? Because you want to survive? Im not sure when vengeance and desperately clinging to life were valid moral justifications...

Don't do drugs. Do hugs!

You seem to think people are just numbers, all one and the same. You, a peaceful law abiding citizen who probably has people who care/depend on you, versus somoene who freaking broke into your house and probably doesn't have much to lose.

You think it fine to accept death by a terrorist? A terrorist is still a human after all.

I get the feeling your trying to mock me, but i dont disagree with anything you just said. Yes, a terrorist is a human last i checked? Not a very good one, but most definitely a homo-sapiens... Maybe i wouldnt say were all the same, but i fail to see what makes my life so much more valuable. Itd be kinda arrogent of me to say my life is more valuable than anyone elses.

Don't do drugs. Do hugs!

Yes, i am from america. Im aware my opinion isnt popular here. Yes id rather die than kill in defence. How is "he attacked me" justification? You still killed a guy... I fail to see how that makes it right. Is it because you feel the need to get revenge on him for attacking you? Because you want to survive? Im not sure when vengeance and desperately clinging to life were valid moral justifications...

its not revenge. its a low life that is willing to break into your house. vs a person who has a job to afford a house and not having to rob to make money. you are more productive in society. so better the untruer dead then you 

You killed a guy that was going to kill you. They were not a good person. You're literally (I don't use literally lightly) ending an evil in the world. I guess you're totally fine with him killing you, then going and killing other people because you were too much of a pushover to stop him. 

If he attacks you and you incapacitate him, you don't kill him. That's cruel. That's when you call an ambulance and the police, and they take him to court then to jail. If you kill him? It's his fault, not yours. 

You're not supposed to sympathize with a criminal that is actively trying to end your life. 

EDIT - before I post this I read it and it sounds very insulting to you. I don't mean to insult you, if you're a pacifist that's totally fine. Just don't argue with people that obviously would survive an attacker because they value their own lives. 

I used to be quite active here.

its not revenge. its a low life that is willing to break into your house. vs a person who has a job to afford a house and not having to rob to make money. you are more productive in society. so better the untruer dead then you

I don't believe in signing a lower value onto someone because they dont have a house or job... If we did that, why not just euthanize all the homeless? Who knows what happened on their life that led them to this situation? Im not gonna justify robbing someone, but dont just write off a criminal as worthless scum. Often the people we think of as the most evil, are at the same time the most victomized fhemselves.

Don't do drugs. Do hugs!

You killed a guy that was going to kill you. They were not a good person. You're literally (I don't use literally lightly) ending an evil in the world. I guess you're totally fine with him killing you, then going and killing other people because you were too much of a pushover to stop him.

If he attacks you and you incapacitate him, you don't kill him. That's cruel. That's when you call an ambulance and the police, and they take him to court then to jail. If you kill him? It's his fault, not yours.

You're not supposed to sympathize with a criminal that is actively trying to end your life.

EDIT - before I post this I read it and it sounds very insulting to you. I don't mean to insult you, if you're a pacifist that's totally fine. Just don't argue with people that obviously would survive an attacker because they value their own lives.

Come on now. I know you cant actually believe that completely. Just because a person does one bad thing makes them evil? Not saying you robbed anyone, but are you telling me youve never done one bad thing in your whole life? I wish the world was as black and white as you would have me believe, but its not. Just that someone attacks you doesnt mean there is no good in him, or that you know for sure he will do it to others. I take no offence to your post, but i will argue with someone who would as you say "survive the attack". You might disagree with me, but its very healthy to challenge each others beliefs. If no one ever challenged a widely held idea, where would the world be now? You dont have to agree with me, but all i have done is challenge an idea, and I wont be told to back down.

Don't do drugs. Do hugs!

Come on now. I know you cant actually believe that completely. Just because a person does one bad thing makes them evil? Not saying you robbed anyone, but are you telling me youve never done one bad thing in your whole life? I wish the world was as black and white as you would have me believe, but its not. Just that someone attacks you doesnt mean there is no good in him, or that you know for sure he will do it to others. I take no offence to your post, but i will argue with someone who would as you say "survive the attack". You might disagree with me, but its very healthy to challenge each others beliefs. If no one ever challenged a widely held idea, where would the world be now? You dont have to agree with me, but all i have done is challenge an idea. I wont be told to back down.

just think about this you die to a Person who is willing to kill you. but you are not willing ti kill him. now he is willing to kill again. now you you killed him hating that you did knowing you will never kill again unless is the same situation. you are saving lifes by killing him 

Yes.  I'm not going to hesitate to protect myself, my family or friends. Anyone who doesn't approve of defending themselves against someone who is out to hurt/kill you is a lunatic or thinks he lives in the Kingdom of Caring where you don't need to.

I find it surprisingly disturbing how many people voted yes. Why so eager to kill guys? Why can't we be friends? -breaks into song- lol

Disturbing that someone would fight for their lives? Why? It isn't like the OP asked if you would go on a murdering spree of innocent people... :ph34r:

|  The United Empire of Earth Wants You | The Stormborn (ongoing build; 90% done)  |  Skyrim Mods Recommendations  LTT Blue Forum Theme! | Learning Russian! Blog |
|"They got a war on drugs so the police can bother me.”Tupac Shakur  | "Half of writing history is hiding the truth"Captain Malcolm Reynolds | "Museums are racist."Michelle Obama | "Slap a word like "racist" or "nazi" on it and you'll have an army at your back."MSM Logic | "A new command I give you: love one another. As I have loved you, so you must love one another"Jesus Christ | "I love the Union and the Constitution, but I would rather leave the Union with the Constitution than remain in the Union without it."Jefferson Davis |

just think about this you die to a Person who is willing to kill you. but you are not willing ti kill him. now he is willing to kill again. now you you killed him hating that you did knowing you will never kill again unless is the same situation. you are saving lifes by killing him

Not really. Your assuming that you know he will kill again. But there is absolutely no proof of this. Just that a person kills once doesnt make them a serial killer. As has been stated before in this thread, the body is fragile. Anyone "can" technicslly kill. Would you kill your nextdoor neighbor? He can kill, and remember how he looked at you funny the other day? Or how abouf police officers? We here stories of them killing without just cause all the time(im not getting into a debate about this too, just using it as an example.) Or how about youf co-workers? Are you going to kill all these people because they "could" go kill you and other people? Before you accuse me of the slippery slope fallacy, be aware i know I am making it. I am doing so in order to point out that you have done so too. It is a slippery slope to assume that a guy that killed once is gonna go on a killing spree. This isn't cannibalism ffs its not like you taste the blood and get hooked. xD

Don't do drugs. Do hugs!