Raspberry Pi Foundation Asked to Install Malware for Money

jtai117

SOURCE 1, 2

The Raspberry Pi Foundation have been asked to Install Malware on their devices for money, which thankfully has been declined by the foundation.

CW6Rfp4WcAI7yqC.png

With system builders and other companies continually wanting to increase their profits, including additional software alongside their systems is a great way to do this, as it doesn't cost them much money to implement. 

What companies need to take great care with is the type of applications that they allow on their systems, as far too often we see harmful software included in their systems by default, with little or no options for removal.

These kinds of things reminds me of those dodgy "business" emails that YouTubers receive. It would have been absolutely disastrous for the credibility of the Raspberry Pi Foundation if they did accept the money for some absurd reason. This makes me wonder how much companies such as Lenovo were paid to put software like Superfish on their laptops.

Asus MAXIMUS VII Gene 2 x 8GB G.Skill 16GB 1600 Mhz Intel 4670k @ 4.3 Ghz Corsair H100i w/ stock fans EVGA GTX 770 SC Intel 750 Series SSD 240GB, Samsung 840 SSD 240GB WD Caviar Green 2TB Seasonic X-650 V3 2 x 140 mm Noctua A14 PPC, 120mm LED Corsair AF120

The fact that they use "u" instead of you means that they are fake and not professionals 

The wording ain't even proper

I think the fact they started with "Hello friend" would indicate that they are fake and not professional haha

Asus MAXIMUS VII Gene 2 x 8GB G.Skill 16GB 1600 Mhz Intel 4670k @ 4.3 Ghz Corsair H100i w/ stock fans EVGA GTX 770 SC Intel 750 Series SSD 240GB, Samsung 840 SSD 240GB WD Caviar Green 2TB Seasonic X-650 V3 2 x 140 mm Noctua A14 PPC, 120mm LED Corsair AF120

Looks fake as hell and I am not suprised if its true since raspberry is kinda big so yeah, glad they didn't installed anything

CPU: Xeon 1230v3 - GPU: GTX 770  - SSD: 120GB 840 Evo - HDD: WD Blue 1TB - RAM: Ballistix 8GB - Case: CM N400 - PSU: CX 600M - Cooling: Cooler Master 212 Evo

Update Plans: Mini ITX this bitch

u shouldnt have even bothered posting this here

just random bs  sent to the pi foundation. it cant  even run exe files

i could have sent this email to them and made news .....

If your grave doesn't say "rest in peace" on it You are automatically drafted into the skeleton war.

u shouldnt have even bothered posting this here

just random bs  sent to the pi foundation. it cant  even run exe files

i could have sent this email to them and made news .....

You can get an admin to delete it if you want... I don't really mind. I just thought it was mildly interesting.

they should have accepted, easy money and no risks for the end consumer (cause .exe don't run on linux natively, unless you decided to be that special boy that decided that using w10 on a raspberry pi 2 was a splendid idea, to you i say: "sucks to be you genius")

One day I will be able to play Monster Hunter Frontier in French/Italian/English on my PC, it's just a matter of time... 4 5 6 7 8 9 years later: It's finally coming!!!

Phones: iPhone 4S/SE | LG V10 | Lumia 920 | Samsung S24 Ultra

Laptops: Macbook Pro 15" (mid-2012) | Compaq Presario V6000

Other: Steam Deck

<>EVs are bad, they kill the planet and remove freedoms too some/<>

Go ahead and put that sketchy exe file on the pi, its not like it would do anything on Linux lol.

linux ARM on top of that :P

Don't ask to ask, just ask... please 🤨

sudo chmod -R 000 /*

When I read that email I can't help but wonder how she has a job and so many people with obviously better credentials don't.

This just in, exe files now supported by Linux /s

If your gonna scam someone and it's about a machine that runs Linux at least learn some of the language...

Gaming Rig - Excalibur - CPU: i5 6600k @ 4.1GHz, CPU Cooler: Hyper 212 Evo, Mobo: MSI Gaming M3 RAM: 16GB Corsair @2400MHz, GPU: EVGA 1060, Case: NZXT Phantom Full Tower (Red)

My Virtualization Server - Dell R710: 2x X5570s @ 2.93GHz with 32GB DDR3 RAM [Web Server, OSX, Plex, Reverse Proxy]

I love computers, gaming, coding, and photography! Be sure to quote me so I can respond to your post!

This email is direct evidence for why English courses are basically mandatory for anyone that wants to have any kind of business related future.

Edit: Raspberry Pi should just include the exe... it's not like it'll do anything anyways.

When I read that email I can't help but wonder how she has a job and so many people with obviously better credentials don't.

"She" is probably a single guy, most likely a foreigner, whose only job is to churn out bs emails all day.

sudo chmod -R 000 /*

.exe file on Linux, yez veri gud

Why is SpongeBob the main character when Patrick is the star?

This email is direct evidence for why English courses are basically mandatory for anyone that wants to have any kind of business related future.

Stuff like typing "u" instead of "you" repeatedly don't really have much to do with knowing English well. They only show a person doesn't know how you properly address other people, especially when making a business proposal.

This makes me wonder how much companies such as Lenovo were paid to put software like Superfish on their laptops.

Chances are they did it for free on their own account, for the purpose of farming data from their customers. This and other things are symptoms that Lenovo's administration department barely know what they're doing anymore - if there's one thing to be taken from the IBM heritage it's costumer trust, and they are screwing it up hardcore. On top of that they have recently just dropped most of the features that made thinkpads unique and awesome at what they did.

sudo chmod -R 000 /*

They should just agree and use the money from each "install" to further reduce the cost of the pi for the public, let everyone know that there is this useless .exe on their pi's for full disclosure and what not.

post-141853-0-60031800-1451517440.jpg

Go ahead and put that sketchy exe file on the pi, its not like it would do anything on Linux lol.

hmm profit off a terrible business that gets nothing in return. Bwhahaha

"If a Lobster is a fish because it moves by jumping, then a kangaroo is a bird" - Admiral Paulo de Castro Moreira da Silva

"There is nothing more difficult than fixing something that isn't all the way broken yet." - Author Unknown

Spoiler

Intel Core i7-3960X @ 4.6 GHz - Asus P9X79WS/IPMI - 12GB DDR3-1600 quad-channel - EVGA GTX 1080ti SC - Fractal Design Define R5 - 500GB Crucial MX200 - NH-D15 - Logitech G710+ - Mionix Naos 7000 - Sennheiser PC350 w/Topping VX-1

'Business Officer'?

Tips:
Ignore all emails starting with "Hello Friend"

n0ah1897, on 05 Mar 2014 - 2:08 PM, said:  "Computers are like girls. It's whats in the inside that matters.  I don't know about you, but I like my girls like I like my cases. Just as beautiful on the inside as the outside."

Please do not use tags in the title of the article. They are no longer allowed.

I have removed it for you.

Thanks!

Please do not use tags in the title of the article. They are no longer allowed.

I have removed it for you.

Thanks!

Oh ok sorry. First time posting in the news section.