Nintendo 2DS

snowComet

Just saw it on Youtube, available oct 12....

2ds-610x486.jpg

update:  according to IGN, it will be fully compatible with all 3DS and DS games, but can't display these games in 3d, and it feature all functions of 3ds, Nintendo stated that it is for kids younger than 7 years old, as Nintendo already stated on 3ds, that the 3d capability of 3ds only suitable for 7-years old kids or older. Besides, it will be launched in red and blue model. What's wired is that it only has one speaker, which plays mono sounds, but users can have full stereo experience via headphone jack. It's retail price is  $129.99 . 

“Imagine a standard 3DS laid all the way flat, and with the depth slider all the way down,” Nintendo of America president Reggie Fils-Aime explained to IGN. “Everything else is there in the system.”

http://www.ign.com/articles/2013/08/28/nintendo-announces-2ds

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9dC36kiPHQc

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sAExBTWIp3M

(ps: i can't stop laughing when i was watching ign's video on 2ds, saying it is not april fool joke, and it is the strangest thing today...)

IS that a troll video?

AMD FX 8320@ Stock - Asus M5A99X Evo R2.0 - Kingston HyperX 8GB 1600Mhz - Corsair Carbide 200R - Powercolor Radeon HD 7950 PCS+OC@970Mhz core 1400Mhz memory - Corsair CS650W - Samsung 840 EVO 250GB 
LG 22EA53VQ 21.5" - CM Storm Xornet - CM Storm Quickfire TK - Creative Inspire T3130 2.1

IS that a troll video?

No, it's true....

... Backwards compatible with 3DS games? I am buying it if it is cheap and it does look cheap. I have needed a DS that can play Kingdom Hearts: Dream Drop Distance for a while.

† Christian Member †

For my pertinent links to guides, reviews, and anything similar, go here, and look under the spoiler labeled such. A brief history of Unix and it's relation to OS X by Builder.

... Backwards compatible with 3DS games? I am buying it if it is cheap and it does look cheap. I have needed a DS that can play Kingdom Hearts: Dream Drop Distance for a while.

it's retail price is $129.99....

Not buying

# -_-     [Planned RIg AKA Project ARES    -_-#

| AMD FX-8350 4.0GHz 8-Core | Be Quiet DARK ROCK 2 57.9 CFM Fluid Dynamic Bearing | Asus Crosshair V Formula-Z  |G.Skill Ripjaws X 8GB Western Digital Caviar Black 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM |Samsung 840 Series 250GB 2.5" SSD | Sapphire Radeon HD 7970 3GB  |Fractal Design Define R4 w/Window (Black Pearl) ATX Mid Tower|Gelid Solutions Silent 14 PWM 74.5 CFM 140mm x3 |Corsair RM Series 750 Watt ATX/EPS 80PLUS Gold-Certified Power Supply|

|Rosewill RNX-N250PCe | Windows 8  | Acer H236HLbid 23.0" |Corsair Vengeance K70 
Corsair Vengeance M65 Wired Laser | STEELSERIES QCK Black|Sennheiser HD 558Asus DRW-24B1ST/BLK/B/AS DVD/CD Writer         

That's interesting...

It might sell if the price is much lower than the current 3DS 

edit: I derped and didn't read the article that clearly says it retails for 129.99 xD 

Edited by MetalLobster

That's interesting...

It might sell if the price is much lower than the current 3DS 

it's retail price is $129.99....

† Christian Member †

For my pertinent links to guides, reviews, and anything similar, go here, and look under the spoiler labeled such. A brief history of Unix and it's relation to OS X by Builder.

In my honest opinion, Nintendo is dead.  The Wii U was meant to be revolutionary, but with it's price point, it hasn't sold much at all.  Their products are all overpriced.  The 1st generation Wii was revolutionary, the Wii U just seems stupid  :unsure:

I still don't understand why they made it where it can't fold... The only reason the DS's were ever any cool was that they could fit in my pocket just right.

"Her tsundere ratio is 8:2. So don't think you could see her dere side so easily."

Planing to make you debut here on the forums? Read Me First!

unofficial LTT Anime Club Heaven Society

And people told me Nintendo was NOT turning into Sega ala mid to late 90s.

I will buy it, idk why but i'll buy it.

keep it sealed and it will make me a very rich man 

#KilledMyWife 

LTT's Resident Black Star

I should get an award for still being here at this point 

Supports DS games as in original DS/DS Lite? Good move if true, good price, but someone must have been smoking something really good to come up with that design.

Interested in Linux, SteamOS and Open-source applications? Go here

Gaming Rig - CPU: i5 3570k @ Stock | GPU: EVGA Geforce 560Ti 448 Core Classified Ultra | RAM: Mushkin Enhanced Blackline 8GB DDR3 1600 | SSD: Crucial M4 128GB | HDD: 3TB Seagate Barracuda, 1TB WD Caviar Black, 1TB Seagate Barracuda | Case: Antec Lanboy Air | KB: Corsair Vengeance K70 Cherry MX Blue | Mouse: Corsair Vengeance M95 | Headset: Steelseries Siberia V2

Like really, I actually think the design looks good and must be decently comfortable but It not being able to fold and therefore not fitting your pocket is a huge nono, I actually don't get why you won't just buy like a DSi or DSi XL, both cheaper/same price and even my 2006 DS Lite can play games just fine.

Except for Kingdom Hearts: Dream Drop Distance tho.

Stuff I have I like: Moto G - Superlux HD681 Evo - Monoprice 9927

90% of what I say is sarcasm.

Like really, I actually think the design looks good and must be decently comfortable but It not being able to fold and therefore not fitting your pocket is a huge nono, I actually don't get why you won't just buy like a DSi or DSi XL, both cheaper/same price and even my 2006 DS Lite can play games just fine.

it's for kids under 7 years old...

According to Fils-Aime, the idea for the 2DS came from wanting to appeal to younger consumers, as the standard 3DS is aimed at players age seven and up.

“We’re always thinking about what we can do that’s new, unique, different, and brings more people into this category that we love,” Fils-Aime said. “And so with the Nintendo 3DS, we were clear to parents that, ‘hey, we recommend that your children be seven and older to utilize this device.’ So clearly that creates an opportunity for five-year-olds, six-year-olds, that first-time handheld gaming consumer."

http://www.ign.com/articles/2013/08/28/nintendo-announces-2ds

ir's for kids under seven and nintendo is not dead  espceially in the mobile game market I know a lot of people who have a 3ds hell I am even thinking of geting a 3ds xl

Desktop:ryzen 5 3600 | MSI b45m bazooka | EVGA 650w Icoolermaster masterbox nr400 |16 gb ddr4  corsiar lpx| Gigabyte Aorus GTX 1070ti |500GB SSD+2TB SSHD, 2tb seagate barracuda [OS/games/mass storage] | HpZR240w 1440p led logitech g502 proteus spectrum| Coolermaster quick fire pro cherry mx  brown |

it's for kids under 7 years old...

Those should buy a used DS Lite off ebay/craigslist for like $30, it's not like they'll tell a difference or need more than Mario Bros, Mario Kart and Pokemon to be happy - I didn't at least.

Stuff I have I like: Moto G - Superlux HD681 Evo - Monoprice 9927

90% of what I say is sarcasm.

This is actually great, I'd love to play Monster Hunter but never bothered to buy a 3DS due to the price

WOOHOO!

Thats it, i hate nintendo. I hope they sell mario,pokemon and zelda soon. They are great franchises but they are all on a pathetic worthless platform. In fact is bloody shameful about how crap nintendos platform is and how dare they release a new console every five bloody seconds. Watch how the 2ds xl comes out tomorrow.

cpu: intel i5 4670k @ 4.5ghz Ram: G skill ares 2x4gb 2166mhz cl10 Gpu: GTX 680 liquid cooled cpu cooler: Raijintek ereboss Mobo: gigabyte z87x ud5h psu: cm gx650 bronze Case: Zalman Z9 plus

Listen if you care.

Cpu: intel i7 4770k @ 4.2ghz Ram: G skill  ripjaws 2x4gb Gpu: nvidia gtx 970 cpu cooler: akasa venom voodoo Mobo: G1.Sniper Z6 Psu: XFX proseries 650w Case: Zalman H1

xD YOU KNOW!

Between this and Pokemon X and Y I'm going to probably be picking one of these up.

Console optimisations and how they will effect you | The difference between AMD cores and Intel cores | Memory Bus size and how it effects your VRAM usage |
How much vram do you actually need? | APUs and the future of processing | Projects: SO - here

Intel i7 5820l @ with Corsair H110 | 32GB DDR4 RAM @ 1600Mhz | XFX Radeon R9 290 @ 1.2Ghz | Corsair 600Q | Corsair TX650 | Probably too much corsair but meh should have had a Corsair SSD and RAM | 1.3TB HDD Space | Sennheiser HD598 | Beyerdynamic Custom One Pro | Blue Snowball