Nintendo 2DS

snowComet

Apparently the logic behind it not folding is kids under 7 frequently break the hinges on the 3DS (according to a friend who works at Gamestop).

Interested in Linux, SteamOS and Open-source applications? Go here

Gaming Rig - CPU: i5 3570k @ Stock | GPU: EVGA Geforce 560Ti 448 Core Classified Ultra | RAM: Mushkin Enhanced Blackline 8GB DDR3 1600 | SSD: Crucial M4 128GB | HDD: 3TB Seagate Barracuda, 1TB WD Caviar Black, 1TB Seagate Barracuda | Case: Antec Lanboy Air | KB: Corsair Vengeance K70 Cherry MX Blue | Mouse: Corsair Vengeance M95 | Headset: Steelseries Siberia V2

Why can it not fold, I wanted a 3DS without the 3D so I can still play the new games. But why can it not fold?

You know that you can turn of 3d on the 3Ds.

You don't have to play it in 3D.

RTX2070OC 

I like the way it's built. Being targeted at kids it's understandable. Whenever I saw a kid using a DS the screen was always broken at the hinges or was close to it.

You know that you can turn of 3d on the 3Ds.

You don't have to play it in 3D.

It costs more for a feature I will not use. Sounds like the XB1.

† Christian Member †

For my pertinent links to guides, reviews, and anything similar, go here, and look under the spoiler labeled such. A brief history of Unix and it's relation to OS X by Builder.

It's made specifically for children, because children would end up breaking the 3DS. If you don't see the point it's because you're not the target audience.

In case the moderators do not ban me as requested, this is a notice that I have left and am not coming back.

It's made specifically for children, because children would end up breaking the 3DS. If you don't see the point it's because you're not the target audience.

I see the point. It is cheaper. It is backwards compatible. I want it. xD

† Christian Member †

For my pertinent links to guides, reviews, and anything similar, go here, and look under the spoiler labeled such. A brief history of Unix and it's relation to OS X by Builder.

yeah... according to Wikipedia

both Xbox 360 and PS3 have 78+ million units sold and Wii u only has 3,61... They don't stand a chance...

The ps3 has been out for almost 7 years and the xbox almost 8, the wii u was released about 10 months ago. 

It seems a lot of you don't get it.

It's a lower price point, aimed at getting more young kids into pokemon (it's launching on the same day as pokemon x and y). Pokemon is a system mover franchise. Pokemon X and Y are exclusive to the 3DS and this new 2DS.

wannabe 3DS gamers will be catered for with 3DS + pokemon bundles I'll betcha 5 dollah

It seems a lot of you don't get it.

It's a lower price point, aimed at getting more young kids into pokemon (it's launching on the same day as pokemon x and y). Pokemon is a system mover franchise. Pokemon X and Y are exclusive to the 3DS and this new 2DS.

wannabe 3DS gamers will be catered for with 3DS + pokemon bundles I'll betcha 5 dollah

This is exactly why I am buying it.

I will get Pokemon Black, White 2, and Y and just rock on. :D

† Christian Member †

I think this is great. It's cheaper for parents and if you don't care about 3D you have this option. It not being able to fold does take away a lot of the appeal, however I do understand why they wouldn't want that in a model that is geared towards young children. Plus, most people have backpacks or bags they carry and wouldn't put the device in their pocket even if they had an option to. If they make an XL version of this, I will probably get one.

does EA have a part in this?

CPU: i5 3570K @4.5GHz    GPU: R9 290   MOBO: ASUS p8z77-v  RAM: 8Gb corsair vengence   CASE: ARC MIDI  PSU: XFX pro 550W  HDD: 2tb segate baracuda