I realized that Windows 8 doesn't come with a DVD playback.

Brownfield1995

Is there anything that i can download that is like windows media player? I want to watch movies!

Is there anything that i can download that is like windows media player? I want to watch movies!

VLC

Feel free to message me if you want to chat!

VLC

+1, not much reason to use anything else.

PC SYSTEM: Fractal Design Arc Midi R2 / i5 2500k @ 4.2ghz / CM Hyper 212 EVO / Gigabyte 670 OC SLI / MSI P67A-GD53 B3 / Kingston HyperX Blue 8Gb / 

WD 2tb Storage Drive / BenQ GW2750HM - ASUS VE248H - Panasonic TX-P42ST60BCorsair AX750 / Logitech K360 / Razer Naga / Plantronics Gamecom 380 /

Asus Xonar DGX / Samsung 830 256gb / MEDIA eMachine ER1401 running OpenELEC XBMC with Seagate STBV3000200 3TB Hard Drive - Panasonic TX-P42ST60B

it exists Microsoft just want you to pay for it besides like the others said VLC definitely.

VLC

Rig CPU Intel i5 3570K at 4.2 GHz - MB MSI Z77A-GD55 - RAM Kingston 8GB 1600 mhz - GPU XFX 7870 Double D - Keyboard Logitech G710+

Case Corsair 600T - Storage Intel 330 120GB, WD Blue 1TB - CPU Cooler Noctua NH-D14 - Displays Dell U2312HM, Asus VS228, Acer AL1715

I like VLC because it does everything.

I am a happy wuffy

I'll be the rebel.

use MPC with CCCP (combined community codec pack)

MPC > VLC, with that said I still use VLC because I'm too lazy to change over.

Error: 410

I'll be the rebel.

use MPC with CCCP (combined community codec pack)

MPC > VLC, with that said I still use VLC because I'm too lazy to change over.

Why CCCP? It doesn't include madVR and it uses Xy-VSFilter instead of Xy-SubFilter. You are getting worse upscaling, and your subtitles will be rendered at video resolution instead of desktop resolution.

I only use windows media player as a secondary storage for music and videos so its simpler to use across computers so I can share things with friends and such (lan)

but I use various video and music programs for certain formats...

if anything it makes it less of an issue

or I am thinking about music too much :P

guess you have an answer anyways!

If I had one wish, I would ask for a big enough ass for the whole world to kiss

Why CCCP? It doesn't include madVR and it uses Xy-VSFilter instead of Xy-SubFilter. You are getting worse upscaling, and your subtitles will be rendered at video resolution instead of desktop resolution.

Dunno. I don't even have a codec pack installed right now, so my knowledge might be somewhat outdated. I picked up CCCP probably more than two years ago. I probably should not have brought it up considering I haven't been up to date on it.

I used CCCP instead of K-lite for some reason though I forget why

Error: 410

Yes sir, Windows 8 doesn't have DVD codec anymore, and a bunch of other recording and playback codecs in Media Center, to reduce the cost of Windows 8.

However you can have it back in action!. You can get Windows 8 Media Center Pack, which Microsoft sales at virtually no profit, which adds back Windows Media Center, the needed codecs to have it up and running, and DVD playback codec.

- It was free upgrade for Windows 8 Pro users until Jan 31st, so you missed that.

- It is 9.99$ if you have Windows 8 Pro

- It is 139.99$ if you have Windows 8 (it will bring your Windows to Windows 8 Pro and install Media Center). No re-install require, beside your anti-virus which will be required to be removed, if you use something else than the built-in one, as it might block system file updates.

So obviously the best deal is Windows 8 Pro addon, which is 10$..

Compared to other software out there, it varies between 50-100+$.

Or you can use the not so great, but works, free solutions, like VLC.

CCCP and K-Lite still live in Windows XP world, sadly. No support for thumbnails... except if you have Windows 32-bit (yay?). And continues to override Windows codecs and not add to them and configure everything. So, this where you usually fall with codec problems when you update codec packs, or replace it.

While I have not tried all of them, the codec pack that I have found that does a proper job is the one with the ugly ass web site, and strange name: Shark007. Worked above and beyond since Vista days (was also the first codec pack to support Vista 64-bit, and Windows 7 64-bit).

Dunno. I don't even have a codec pack installed right now, so my knowledge might be somewhat outdated. I picked up CCCP probably more than two years ago. I probably should not have brought it up considering I haven't been up to date on it.

I used CCCP instead of K-lite for some reason though I forget why

I think CCCP is better than K-lite since it includes LAVFilter and less bloat.

Kawaii Codec Pack is the new king of media players though.

Kawaii Codec Pack (MPC-HC with madVR, LAVFilters and XySubFilter) or VLC.

Don't tell me you actually used Windows Media Player before.

i played a 1200p high bit rate with madvr

70%+ load on my GTX 570

picture definitely looked better :)

If your grave doesn't say "rest in peace" on it You are automatically drafted into the skeleton war.