Turkey shot down a Russian fighter jet

DevilishBooster

Very highly unlikely. I'm 99% sure you can only make action demands of aircraft that are actively in your airspace.

Think of it like this. If you're trespassing on controlled government property and security catches you, they can tell you to "come here" or "get out" or whatever they need to do their job properly. If you're walking on the public sidewalk on the other side of the street they can't tell you to do crap because you're not on their turf.

It's more like someone is wanted by the US police, it crosses the border to Canada and they shoot him, they have no right to do that, it's not their country.

It's more like someone is wanted by the US police, it crosses the border to Canada and they shoot him, they have no right to do that, it's not their country.

@Ryan_Vickers This is a much better analogy. Sorry, I'm at work so I'm multi-tasking right now.

END OF LINE

-- Project Deep Freeze Build Log --

Quote me so that I always know when you reply, feel free to snip if the quote is long. May your FPS be high and your temperatures low.

popcorn-blank.gif

me while reading political discussions about turkey (as a turk)

I don't think they are allowed to take down an aircraft that's already outside their territory.

if i remember right, aircrafts who fly 10 miles near the border are warned and if the course has not changed the aircrafts are scrambled. The other issue is missile could be fired while inside the turkish border and impact could have been on the syrian airspace.

mY sYsTeM iS Not pErfoRmInG aS gOOd As I sAW oN yOuTuBe. WhA t IS a GoOd FaN CuRVe??!!? wHat aRe tEh GoOd OvERclok SeTTinGS FoR My CaRd??  HoW CaN I foRcE my GpU to uSe 1o0%? BuT WiLL i HaVE Bo0tllEnEcKs? RyZEN dOeS NoT peRfORm BetTer wItH HiGhER sPEED RaM!!dId i WiN teH SiLiCON LotTerrYyOu ShoUlD dEsHrOuD uR GPUmy SYstEm iS UNDerPerforMiNg iN WarzONEcan mY Pc Run WiNdOwS 11 ?woUld BaKInG MY GRaPHics card fIX it? MultimETeR TeSTiNG!! aMd'S GpU DrIvErS aRe as goOD aS NviDia's YOU SHoUlD oVERCloCk yOUR ramS To 5000C18

Surely commercial airlines go into this airspace all the time. I probably sound so retarded, but what's the difference?

Surely commercial airlines go into this airspace all the time. I probably sound so retarded, but what's the difference?

On is equipped with missiles, bombs, and a mini-gun.

The other is full of sweaty, stinky people breathing heavily though their mouths as they burry their faces in electronic devices. :D

END OF LINE

Quote me so that I always know when you reply, feel free to snip if the quote is long. May your FPS be high and your temperatures low.

Commercial airlines don't carry missiles and spy cameras.

It's like with waterways. A harmless cargo ship straying into a nation's waters isn't going to get the reaction a destroyer would.

If they really did shoot the pilots parachuting... Let's just say when it comes to aerial warfare, that's the biggest dick move one can do. Not even 'allies' like you for that. There is a sense of respect even between enemy pilots, shooting someone parachuting violates that code... And yes this is still a thing. 

"Normandy" i7 4790K - GTX 970 - Phantom 410 (Gun metal) - Z97 Extreme4 (asrock) - 128GB Crucial SSD - 1TB WD HDD - H60 Refurb. - 7 case fans | G710+ Keyboard, G230 Headset, Acer GN246HL Monitor.

Quick thoughts on system: I7 is extremely quick and I'm glad I spent the extra for hyper-threading. I regret my decision to get the GTX 970, it has horrible coil whine. There isn't any excuse for this terrible whine I and others are having. I HIGHLY recommend a 144hz monitor. Future Improvements/upgrades: Rubber fan mounts, basic speakers, more ram (for a total of 16gb), replace GPU.

144hz is love. 144hz is life. I like to submit unfinished posts then do about 20 edits. I like the Night Theme too.

If they really did shoot the pilots parachuting... Let's just say when it comes to aerial warfare, that's the biggest dick move one can do. Not even 'allies' like you for that. There is a sense of respect even between enemy pilots, shooting someone parachuting violates that code... And yes this is still a thing. 

That's probably considered a war crime.

Commercial airlines don't carry missiles and spy cameras.

It's like with waterways. A harmless cargo ship straying into a nation's waters isn't going to get the reaction a destroyer would.

You never know, that pilot floating on his parachute might pull a stinger out of his back pocket and shoot you back.... 

obvious /s

END OF LINE

Solution: Russia to cut delivery of gas to Turkey during the winter and bomb every damn terrorist and rebel in Syria.

Sorry, had to. :D

CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 3800X Motherboard: MSI B550 Tomahawk RAM: Kingston HyperX Predator RGB 32 GB (4x8GB) DDR4 GPU: EVGA RTX3090 FTW3 SSD: ADATA XPG SX8200 Pro 512 GB NVME | Samsung QVO 1TB SSD  HDD: Seagate Barracuda 4TB | Seagate Barracuda 8TB Case: Phanteks ECLIPSE P600S PSU: Corsair RM850x

I am a gamer, not because I don't have a life, but because I choose to have many.

So, can someone update me on the situation, please?

|  The United Empire of Earth Wants You | The Stormborn (ongoing build; 90% done)  |  Skyrim Mods Recommendations  LTT Blue Forum Theme! | Learning Russian! Blog |
|"They got a war on drugs so the police can bother me.”Tupac Shakur  | "Half of writing history is hiding the truth"Captain Malcolm Reynolds | "Museums are racist."Michelle Obama | "Slap a word like "racist" or "nazi" on it and you'll have an army at your back."MSM Logic | "A new command I give you: love one another. As I have loved you, so you must love one another"Jesus Christ | "I love the Union and the Constitution, but I would rather leave the Union with the Constitution than remain in the Union without it."Jefferson Davis |

So, can someone update me on the situation, please?

Looks like Russia is calling this a "Planned Provocation" but neither side appears to intend to escalate. 

http://abcnews.go.com/International/russia-suggests-downed-warplane-planned-provocation/story?id=35408013

CPU: i9-13900k MOBO: Asus Strix Z790-E RAM: 64GB GSkill  CPU Cooler: Corsair H170i

GPU: Asus Strix RTX-4090 Case: Fractal Torrent PSU: Corsair HX-1000i Storage: 2TB Samsung 990 Pro

That damn turkey..

shootingturkey.jpg

#This is why people don't invite me to their parties..

that was what I was thinking and I thought WTF?!!!!

....thanksgiving is tomorrow in the states people

Desktop:ryzen 5 3600 | MSI b45m bazooka | EVGA 650w Icoolermaster masterbox nr400 |16 gb ddr4  corsiar lpx| Gigabyte Aorus GTX 1070ti |500GB SSD+2TB SSHD, 2tb seagate barracuda [OS/games/mass storage] | HpZR240w 1440p led logitech g502 proteus spectrum| Coolermaster quick fire pro cherry mx  brown |

Looks like Russia is calling this a "Planned Provocation" but neither side appears to intend to escalate. 

http://abcnews.go.com/International/russia-suggests-downed-warplane-planned-provocation/story?id=35408013

Yeah, I just read that article, as well as this one. http://arstechnica.com/information-technology/2015/11/turkish-f-16-shoots-down-russian-jet-for-disputed-airspace-violation/

Apparently some evidence has been collected that might show the Russian pilots really thought they were in Syrian airspace. Hopefully more details come up soon, and if it turns out the Russians navigation system was wrong, I hope Putin has the chutzpah to admit they were in the wrong and the whole region calms down a little. Just wild speculation, but this has all the looks of the potential start of a new global conflict if people don't calm down and let common sense prevail.

END OF LINE

that was what I was thinking and I thought WTF?!!!!

....thanksgiving is tomorrow in the states people

Slightly applicable:

3040745.jpg

CPU: i9-13900k MOBO: Asus Strix Z790-E RAM: 64GB GSkill  CPU Cooler: Corsair H170i

GPU: Asus Strix RTX-4090 Case: Fractal Torrent PSU: Corsair HX-1000i Storage: 2TB Samsung 990 Pro

Yeah, I just read that article, as well as this one. http://arstechnica.com/information-technology/2015/11/turkish-f-16-shoots-down-russian-jet-for-disputed-airspace-violation/

Apparently some evidence has been collected that might show the Russian pilots really thought they were in Syrian airspace. Hopefully more details come up soon, and if it turns out the Russians navigation system was wrong, I hope Putin has the chutzpah to admit they were in the wrong and the whole region calms down a little. Just wild speculation, but this has all the looks of the potential start of a new global conflict if people don't calm down and let common sense prevail.

I dont think this one is going to go any farther than it already has. I really dont see the world being pulled into war over a the least functional parts of the world. 

Slightly applicable:

3040745.jpg

Considering people died, I laughed at that more than I should have...... Ahhhhh, lol...

I'm going to hell.....

END OF LINE

Considering people died, I laughed at that more than I should have...... Ahhhhh, lol...

I'm going to hell.....

I feel a bit bad for laughing too... Lol.

Does anyone have conformation on what became of the pilot, if the Turkey killed the pilot I honestly would be backing Putin on this one (this is the second time in a month I've had this stance and it feels weird)

https://linustechtips.com/main/topic/631048-psu-tier-list-updated/ Tier Breakdown (My understanding)--1 Godly, 2 Great, 3 Good, 4 Average, 5 Meh, 6 Bad, 7 Awful

363360.jpg

BAHAHAHA!!!! :lol:  :D

END OF LINE

Does anyone have conformation on what became of the pilot, if the Turkey killed the pilot I honestly would be backing Putin on this one (this is the second time in a month I've had this stance and it feels weird)

One pilot was rescued, the other was killed by Syrian rebels.

That makes this even more of a grey area, but at least turkey didn't kill him, as that would open a whole other can of worms that would likely escalate very quickly.

https://linustechtips.com/main/topic/631048-psu-tier-list-updated/ Tier Breakdown (My understanding)--1 Godly, 2 Great, 3 Good, 4 Average, 5 Meh, 6 Bad, 7 Awful

Now this is interesting...

12311142_923927184309061_691288843794543

But Turkey is the victim!!

s/

END OF LINE