Microsoft's new Android app will try to convince you to switch to Windows Phone

AlTech

Microsoft has just released a new Android app which will look through all your apps and tell you which ones are on Windows Phone and if not, then they'll provide a close alternative. 

unnamed-1.0.png

Source - http://www.theverge.com/2015/11/21/9776302/microsoft-appcomparison-for-android-released

Opinion - Way to go Microsoft! Let's go fix that 2% market share one user at a time!  I wouldn't be surprised if by next year they were near 10% TBH. They have incredible phones, an incredible OS and now we're just waiting for incredible apps. Well done Microsoft! You've made me proud. This is first time I could recommend Windows Phone to any IRL friend of mine. It took 2 years but Microsoft is fighting back against  that ugly, disgusting Monopoly which is Google. 

Leave a comment below!

Judge a product on its own merits AND the company that made it.

How to setup MSI Afterburner OSD | How to make your AMD Radeon GPU more efficient with Radeon Chill | (Probably) Why LMG Merch shipping to the EU is expensive

Oneplus 6 (Early 2023 to present) | HP Envy 15" x360 R7 5700U (Mid 2021 to present) | Steam Deck (Late 2022 to present)

Mid 2023 AlTech Desktop Refresh - AMD R7 5800X (Mid 2023), XFX Radeon RX 6700XT MBA (Mid 2021), MSI X370 Gaming Pro Carbon (Early 2018), 32GB DDR4-3200 (16GB x2) (Mid 2022

Noctua NH-D15 (Early 2021), Corsair MP510 1.92TB NVMe SSD (Mid 2020), beQuiet Pure Wings 2 140mm x2 & 120mm x1 (Mid 2023),

At some point they mentioned installing Windows Mobile OS on android phones, given there's already a Windows version of the One M8 it should be pretty easy and I'd be interested to try.

CPU: i7 5820K 4.0GHz @1.15V | MOBO: Asus X99 Sabertooth | GPU: Gigabyte Windforce GTX 980Ti, LTT Orange | CASE: NZXT H440 Black 2015 | COOLER: Noctua NH-D15S w/ LTT Fans | RAM: 32GB Patriot 3000MHz | STORAGE: 512GB Samsung 950 Pro, 960GB Sandisk Ultra II 3 x 8TB Seagate HDD's | PSU: 750W Seasonic X series, black / orange cablemod cables| Monitors: 3x Asus VX24AH's | AUDIO OUT: Microlab SOLO 8C, Sennheiser HD 650's, Audio engine D1 Amp / DAC | AUDIO IN: Blue Snowball | Keyboard: CM Storm QuickFire TK MX Green | Mouse: Logitech G900 Proteus Spectrum + RSI Extended Mouse Pad | PCPP Linkhttp://nz.pcpartpicker.com/list/hPjFd6

At some point they mentioned installing Windows Mobile OS on android phones, given there's already a Windows version of the One M8 it should be pretty easy and I'd be interested to try.

I think they're working on bringing the Xioami Mi4  to Windows Phone. And also they'res Acer's new Windows Phone coming soon. 

How to setup MSI Afterburner OSD | How to make your AMD Radeon GPU more efficient with Radeon Chill | (Probably) Why LMG Merch shipping to the EU is expensive

Oneplus 6 (Early 2023 to present) | HP Envy 15" x360 R7 5700U (Mid 2021 to present) | Steam Deck (Late 2022 to present)

Mid 2023 AlTech Desktop Refresh - AMD R7 5800X (Mid 2023), XFX Radeon RX 6700XT MBA (Mid 2021), MSI X370 Gaming Pro Carbon (Early 2018), 32GB DDR4-3200 (16GB x2) (Mid 2022

Noctua NH-D15 (Early 2021), Corsair MP510 1.92TB NVMe SSD (Mid 2020), beQuiet Pure Wings 2 140mm x2 & 120mm x1 (Mid 2023),

I have two Nokias and I hate them. Since getting my less expensive Android phone, I can't ever imagine switching back to a crappy windows phone...

|  The United Empire of Earth Wants You | The Stormborn (ongoing build; 90% done)  |  Skyrim Mods Recommendations  LTT Blue Forum Theme! | Learning Russian! Blog |
|"They got a war on drugs so the police can bother me.”Tupac Shakur  | "Half of writing history is hiding the truth"Captain Malcolm Reynolds | "Museums are racist."Michelle Obama | "Slap a word like "racist" or "nazi" on it and you'll have an army at your back."MSM Logic | "A new command I give you: love one another. As I have loved you, so you must love one another"Jesus Christ | "I love the Union and the Constitution, but I would rather leave the Union with the Constitution than remain in the Union without it."Jefferson Davis |

I have two Nokias and I hate them. Since getting my less expensive Android phone, I can't ever imagine switching back to a crappy windows phone...

How about a good Windows Phone like the Lumia 950?

the software is still complete aids

"God created war so that Americans would learn geography"

lol 9gag

LMAO.

No. I love my rooted and custom ROM phone. I do it to everyone phone I own to have complete control over it. 

Well I have a Nokia 920 and 1520, and they aren't impressive beyond their cameras. I couldn't find anything useful or fun to do with them either (like my Android offers) and I also encountered many problems with them, mainly their battery, that made me want to kill the entire planet (plus they were huge). That said, I don't see what the Lumia 950 is going to offer me but if I ever come across the chance to get it cheap or something, I'll pick it up—if only for the camera.

|  The United Empire of Earth Wants You | The Stormborn (ongoing build; 90% done)  |  Skyrim Mods Recommendations  LTT Blue Forum Theme! | Learning Russian! Blog |
|"They got a war on drugs so the police can bother me.”Tupac Shakur  | "Half of writing history is hiding the truth"Captain Malcolm Reynolds | "Museums are racist."Michelle Obama | "Slap a word like "racist" or "nazi" on it and you'll have an army at your back."MSM Logic | "A new command I give you: love one another. As I have loved you, so you must love one another"Jesus Christ | "I love the Union and the Constitution, but I would rather leave the Union with the Constitution than remain in the Union without it."Jefferson Davis |

Well I have a Nokia 920 and 1520, and they aren't impressive beyond their cameras. I couldn't find anything useful or fun to do with them either (like my Android offers) and I also encountered many problems with them, mainly their battery, that made me want to kill the entire planet (plus they were huge). That said, I don't see what the Lumia 950 is going to offer me but if I ever come across the chance to get it cheap or something, I'll pick it up—if only for the camera.

post-89336-0-58002500-1448269790_thumb.p

Come on! Tell me that's cool at the very least!

Calling me by my first name.

attachicon.gifwp_ss_20151123_0002.png

Come on! Tell me that's cool at the very least!

Calling me by my first name.

Cortana calling you by your first name? Well I'm not really a fan of stuff like that...

Cortana calling you by your first name? Well I'm not really a fan of stuff like that...

Why not? You feel like too much privacy loss? Well I have news for you. Google still collects more data about you than Microsoft.

Why not? You feel like too much privacy loss? Well I have news for you. Google still collects more data about you than Microsoft.

that aint true considering have you seen the mess ups with microsoft

that aint true considering have you seen the mess ups with microsoft

Still is I'm afraid. Google collects far more. And sells your data. Oh the atrocious stuff Google does. Trust me. You have no idea.

Still is I'm afraid. Google collects far more. And sells your data. Oh the atrocious stuff Google does. Trust me. You have no idea.

any proof of this?

https://www.google.co.nz/webhp?sourceid=chrome-instant&ion=1&espv=2&es_th=1&ie=UTF-8#q=microsoft%20sells%20data&es_th=1

No, because I'm not lazy and I can google, text or ring up people myself and something calling me by my first name to do just that isn't something that interests me.

it still lacks the apps and games I want

Desktop - Corsair 300r i7 4770k H100i MSI 780ti 16GB Vengeance Pro 2400mhz Crucial MX100 512gb Samsung Evo 250gb 2 TB WD Green, AOC Q2770PQU 1440p 27" monitor Laptop Clevo W110er - 11.6" 768p, i5 3230m, 650m GT 2gb, OCZ vertex 4 256gb,  4gb ram, Server: Fractal Define Mini, MSI Z78-G43, Intel G3220, 8GB Corsair Vengeance, 4x 3tb WD Reds in Raid 10, Phone Oppo Reno 10x 256gb , Camera Sony A7iii

Microsoft is really confusing me, in one way there showing they want market share by doing this like this but in other ways there not like only having there phones with one provider. I get they want to get back at the telco's for loosing faith in them but seriously why take it out on the customer? $1000+ for a phone is a large lump sum for a phone, i'd much rather be on contract yet it doesn't look like that's going to be possible. I don't see them gaining market share if there going to force people to pay large sums upfront especially in the Aus market where pretty much everyone is on contract.