Microsoft's new Android app will try to convince you to switch to Windows Phone

AlTech

a site called leavegooglebehind is legit HAHAHA dont make me laugh

I just did. And it is Legit.

Judge a product on its own merits AND the company that made it.

How to setup MSI Afterburner OSD | How to make your AMD Radeon GPU more efficient with Radeon Chill | (Probably) Why LMG Merch shipping to the EU is expensive

Oneplus 6 (Early 2023 to present) | HP Envy 15" x360 R7 5700U (Mid 2021 to present) | Steam Deck (Late 2022 to present)

Mid 2023 AlTech Desktop Refresh - AMD R7 5800X (Mid 2023), XFX Radeon RX 6700XT MBA (Mid 2021), MSI X370 Gaming Pro Carbon (Early 2018), 32GB DDR4-3200 (16GB x2) (Mid 2022

Noctua NH-D15 (Early 2021), Corsair MP510 1.92TB NVMe SSD (Mid 2020), beQuiet Pure Wings 2 140mm x2 & 120mm x1 (Mid 2023),

I just did. And it is Legit.

hahaha sure lol dont tell me they use bing as well. That isnt a credible source

"God created war so that Americans would learn geography"

Microsoft is fighting back against  that ugly, disgusting Monopoly which is Google. 

oh joy ... MS isn't?  <_<

the only thing MS has that the other don't, well except Apple, is the SW updates

other than that, MS offers nothing compelling to switch phones/platform - if I'd wanted tiles I'd stare at the bathroom walls, same experience  :lol:

It really is the apps that won't let me switch to windows phone. If it had the KBC banking app, the fanfiction app, moonreader and pocket apps, as well as Opera Classic I would probably switch. But it doesn't have them. :(

Let me try the app to see just how much I'll miss android... Yeah pretty much none of the apps I use daily were found on WP :( They should literally just start paying devs to port them or something, cuz really I see how that'll be the death of them.

I have to say tho, the app is a very good and well executed idea.

“I like being alone. I have control over my own shit. Therefore, in order to win me over, your presence has to feel better than my solitude. You're not competing with another person, you are competing with my comfort zones.”  - portfolio - twitter - instagram - youtube

It really is the apps that won't let me switch to windows phone. If it had the KBC banking app, the fanfiction app, moonreader and pocket apps, as well as Opera Classic I would probably switch. But it doesn't have them. :(

Let me try the app to see just how much I'll miss android... Yeah pretty much none of the apps I use daily were found on WP :( They should literally just start paying devs to port them or something, cuz really I see how that'll be the death of them.

I have to say tho, the app is a very good and well executed idea.

I think the first 100,000 devs were paid by MS. If they made a good app.

How to setup MSI Afterburner OSD | How to make your AMD Radeon GPU more efficient with Radeon Chill | (Probably) Why LMG Merch shipping to the EU is expensive

Oneplus 6 (Early 2023 to present) | HP Envy 15" x360 R7 5700U (Mid 2021 to present) | Steam Deck (Late 2022 to present)

Mid 2023 AlTech Desktop Refresh - AMD R7 5800X (Mid 2023), XFX Radeon RX 6700XT MBA (Mid 2021), MSI X370 Gaming Pro Carbon (Early 2018), 32GB DDR4-3200 (16GB x2) (Mid 2022

Noctua NH-D15 (Early 2021), Corsair MP510 1.92TB NVMe SSD (Mid 2020), beQuiet Pure Wings 2 140mm x2 & 120mm x1 (Mid 2023),

I think the first 100,000 devs were paid by MS. If they made a good app.

Instead of paying "any" first 100k they should have thrown money at the popular apps.

“I like being alone. I have control over my own shit. Therefore, in order to win me over, your presence has to feel better than my solitude. You're not competing with another person, you are competing with my comfort zones.”  - portfolio - twitter - instagram - youtube

It took 2 years but Microsoft is fighting back against  that ugly, disgusting Monopoly which is Google. 

Google isn't a monopoly, they just destroy everything that tries to compete because it's straight up better. There always were search engines, mail and browsers that compete with google.

Location: Kaunas, Lithuania, Europe, Earth, Solar System, Local Interstellar Cloud, Local Bubble, Gould Belt, Orion Arm, Milky Way, Milky Way subgroup, Local Group, Virgo Supercluster, Laniakea, Pisces–Cetus Supercluster Complex, Observable universe, Universe.

Spoiler

12700, B660M Mortar DDR4, 32GB 3200C16 Viper Steel, 2TB SN570, EVGA Supernova G6 850W, be quiet! 500FX, EVGA 3070Ti FTW3 Ultra.

Google isn't a monopoly, they just destroy everything that tries to compete because it's straight up better. There always were search engines, mail and browsers that compete with google.

in Terms of Android they are a monopoly. They are and that's why Europe and MS are both going after them.

I've tried Windows phone and I like it, though I still have Android as my phone. But for me, I'm sure that main social, entertainment and tool apps I use are in available in Windows phone.
I know that there are apps that are needed there to attract more people for sure.

| Ryzen 7 7800X3D | AM5 B650 Aorus Elite AX | G.Skill Trident Z5 Neo RGB DDR5 32GB 6000MHz C30 | Sapphire PULSE Radeon RX 7900 XTX | Samsung 990 PRO 1TB with heatsink | Arctic Liquid Freezer II 360 | Seasonic Focus GX-850 | Lian Li Lanccool III | Mousepad: Skypad 3.0 XL / Zowie GTF-X | Mouse: Zowie S1-C | Keyboard: Ducky One 3 TKL (Cherry MX-Speed-Silver)Beyerdynamic MMX 300 (2nd Gen) | Acer XV272U | OS: Windows 11 |

I've tried Windows phone and I like it, though I still have Android as my phone. But for me, I'm sure that main social, entertainment and tool apps I use are in available in Windows phone.

I know that there are apps that are needed there to attract more people for sure.

Yeah. Social media apps are going to be updated for Windows 10 Mobile release.

Facebook is working on a new Universal App, so is twitter and instagram.

Snapchat may come to Windows Mobile/Windows Phone in the near future.

I love WM10, but it will NEVER get popular because of the garbage that the Windows Store is. This'll most likely drive people away because it will show them that their favorite apps aren't on WM

Having problems with your fresh Windows 10 install? PM Me!
Windows 10- Want To Disable Telemetry, Disable Cortana, Disable Windows Updates? Look at my guide HERE
LTT Beginners Guide  | Community Standards | TN&R Posting Guidelines

If you care about apps, then definitely Windows Phone is NOT for you.

I think the idea of the app, doesn't target most people here. It targets people that MIGHT be interested in Windows Phone for maybe its abilities, and unique look/experience, and they only use come of the big apps at most. Like Facebook, Skype (so yes, That is Microsoft, but the consumer might know it is on WP), and so on, and just ignores the platform, as people think it is what people said back in Windows Phone 8 release, where you really didn't have any apps.

Personally, as a first smartphone, I might be getting Lumia 950 (XL). Why? One thing that most people praise, is the the start screen, the rapid "iPhone like" response time experience, always smooth and fast. I don't care about apps per se. And I have extensively tested Windows 10 apps, like Maps (with Google Maps to compare), and it seams to do everything I want to (thanks to universal apps). So it seams to fit my needs. Will my next phone be Android? Probably, to be honest. Maybe I'll find value in apps later on, but so far nope. Beside, in 2 years, not even, next year, I expect Samsung, and LG match the Lumia 950/950XL camera, as let's be honest it's noticeably better (despite what reviews says.. I don't know.. maybe they use a TN panel monitor or something to not notice), but not that far off for them to catch up. Type-C USB will be coming on the high-end Android phones, and maybe Android OS will mature more to finally put security first, and not this afterthought, something I believe Google is more and more being pressured to do. It also helps that more and more manufacture focuses on providing stock android experience, or close to, which will make the delivery of new Android update, faster, and more frequently, especially if you get a popular phone.

If you care about apps, then definitely Windows Phone is NOT for you.

I think the idea of the app, doesn't target most people here. It targets people that MIGHT be interested in Windows Phone for maybe its abilities, and unique look/experience, and they only use come of the big apps at most. Like Facebook, Skype (so yes, That is Microsoft, but the consumer might know it is on WP), and so on, and just ignores the platform, as people think it is what people said back in Windows Phone 8 release, where you really didn't have any apps.

Personally, as a first smartphone, I might be getting Lumia 950 (XL). Why? One thing that most people praise, is the the start screen, the rapid "iPhone like" response time experience, always smooth and fast. I don't care about apps per se. And I have extensively tested Windows 10 apps, like Maps (with Google Maps to compare), and it seams to do everything I want to (thanks to universal apps). So it seams to fit my needs. Will my next phone be Android? Probably, to be honest. Maybe I'll find value in apps later on, but so far nope. Beside, in 2 years, not even, next year, I expect Samsung, and LG match the Lumia 950/950XL camera, as let's be honest it's noticeably better (despite what reviews says.. I don't know.. maybe they use a TN panel monitor or something to not notice), but not that far off for them to catch up. Type-C USB will be coming on the high-end Android phones, and maybe Android OS will mature more to finally put security first, and not this afterthought, something I believe Google is more and more being pressured to do. It also helps that more and more manufacture focuses on providing stock android experience, or close to, which will make the delivery of new Android update, faster, and more frequently, especially if you get a popular phone.

I got my current Windows Phone as my first smart phone. And I agree, apps aren't as important as people make them out to be. I care about apps to a certain extent, I also care about iPhone like intuitive and easy to use OS. It feels like it was made by people who understand me. When I look at live tiles and WP 8.1 GUI, i admire it's extreme simplicity. Whenever someone watches me do something on my windows phone (someone who uses ios or android usually) probably is a bit confused and wonders "why is it like that?'. To me, it feels more like the way it should be (getting really intense lol, kinda along the lines of Johnathan Ive when he joined Apple) and I want to tell them "well of course it's like that", "why wouldn't it be any other way".

Anyways not here to make you choose windows phone but if you do then you'll benefit from my beginner's guide that I'll be publishing soon on LTT.

in Terms of Android they are a monopoly. They are and that's why Europe and MS are both going after them.

???

I'm confused. I thought the word monopoly implied full control of an entire market. Android=Smart Phone market.. but Apple has the lion share, so what are you getting at?

agni, webtoon, bittorent, hangouts, coc, every icon pack, launchers and keyboards, humblebundle, hearthstone, es file, ittt, opera max, pushbullet, national railway app, coursera missing;

advise here maps for gmaps (acceptable), onedrive for gdrive (that's a no no), moliplayer pro for vlc (2.99 for a media player?! no no), cloud raiders for coc (as if i'm restarting one of this games, no no), audiocloud for soundcloud (acceptable), app for g+ for google+ (mixed reviews, don't know what to think), translator for gtranslate (meh, i don't bing), mytilemaker pro for nova (not even close), cloudmuzik for play music (gets the job done, although it's ugly as f), uc browser for firefox (ah ah, nope);

has instagram beta, spotify, minecraft, youtube (webapp, why not advise metrotube is beyond me), twitter, google search (utter crap compared to iOS version) tapatalk classic, carrier app, mx player.

overall: still not there, still not viable

One day I will be able to play Monster Hunter Frontier in French/Italian/English on my PC, it's just a matter of time... 4 5 6 7 8 9 years later: It's finally coming!!!

Phones: iPhone 4S/SE | LG V10 | Lumia 920 | Samsung S24 Ultra

Laptops: Macbook Pro 15" (mid-2012) | Compaq Presario V6000

Other: Steam Deck

<>EVs are bad, they kill the planet and remove freedoms too some/<>

Well that was a disappointment. I was expecting it to list all your apps, and then show which ones are and aren't available on WP. That's not what it does at all though. It just lists the ones it finds matches for, and doesn't tell you how many aren't available. So people using this might think "oh the app situation isn't so bad after all", only to then discover that it only found matches for like 1/3 of the apps they use.

What's the point of telling me which apps that exists if you won't tell me which apps I will lose if I switch?

A lot of the alternative apps it suggests are also far worse than the Android app it's suppose to replace. Slydr is NOT a replacement for SwiftKey. UC Browser is NOT a replacement for Chrome. OneDrive is NOT a replacement for Google Drive.

The app detection seems rather poor as well. For example it missed that I got Swish installed on my Android phone, which I know is available on Windows Phone. Yet it did not show up.

I am not even criticizing Windows Phone here. This Android app is really bad and might potentially cause problems for people because it is misleading.

???

I'm confused. I thought the word monopoly implied full control of an entire market. Android=Smart Phone market.. but Apple has the lion share, so what are you getting at?

The lion share? They have like 19% of the market vs Android's  79%

The lion share? They have like 19% of the market vs Android's  79%

Apple sells less than 20% of smartphones on the market. yet they make 92% of the profits. every other company is struggling to break even.

how is this a monopoly?

source: http://www.wsj.com/articles/apples-share-of-smartphone-industrys-profits-soars-to-92-1436727458

My Windows Phone cost me $100 CAD brand new, no contract (Lumia 635), has LTE, MicroSD card slot, great battery life(I do a few days without charging) and is small enough to fit in my hand. While it only has 512MB of RAM, it still does all I need it to do. Which is to call people, text people, listen to music and play a game here and there (like FF3).

Using this app, on my Android tablet, the only thing missing was Twitch and a few bad games, which I'm fine with.

I don't use any kind of "social media" apps on my phone, or watch videos on it. Because chances are, I'm gonna be at home when I do any of that, so I might as well use my PC. Unlike some people, I'm not addicted to overly sharing my life on the internet anywhere, anytime.

CPU: AMD Ryzen 3700x / GPU: Asus Radeon RX 6750XT OC 12GB / RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 2x8GB DDR4-3200
MOBO: MSI B450m Gaming Plus / NVME: Corsair MP510 240GB / Case: TT Core v21 / PSU: Seasonic 750W / OS: Win 10 Pro

My Windows Phone cost me $100 CAD brand new, no contract (Lumia 635), has LTE, MicroSD card slot, great battery life(I do a few days without charging) and is small enough to fit in my hand. While it only has 512MB of RAM, it still does all I need it to do. Which is to call people, text people, listen to music and play a game here and there (like FF3).

Using this app, on my Android tablet, the only thing missing was Twitch and a few bad games, which I'm fine with.

I don't use any kind of "social media" apps on my phone, or watch videos on it. Because chances are, I'm gonna be at home when I do any of that, so I might as well use my PC. Unlike some people, I'm not addicted to overly sharing my life on the internet anywhere, anytime.

Social media apps are the most used apps on smartphones. What's the point of having a smartphone if you have to go home to complete a task? Until WM catches up in that area, it doesn't matter how good their hardware is. Also, the lack of manufactures is appalling. They don't have the brand or appeal of Apple yet to have people settle on using nothing but Lumias.

CPU:i7 5930k @4.5 Mobo:x99 Deluxe RAM:32gb Corsair @2800 GPU: SLI EVGA Titan X Case: Corsair 900D Storage: 6x 4TB Seagate SSHD(raid5), 2x500gb Samsung 850 Evo Raid0 PSU: Corsair ax1500i Audio: Asus Essence STX

???

Full control or such a high control that most people don't use the competition's products

iOS is being used.. A lot.

If you look at market share for this quarter, Android is down by like 2% and IOS is up by 1% and Windows phone is up by 1% ish

Full control or such a high control that most people don't use the competition's products

except they dont have that control. ahh fanboys these days

"God created war so that Americans would learn geography"

My wife loves her windows phone. Its a great phone experience for people who aren't power users or children that want to tinker because they have nothing better to do.

Which is most of the world.

Intel 4670K /w TT water 2.0 performer, GTX 1070FE, Gigabyte Z87X-DH3, Corsair HX750, 16GB Mushkin 1333mhz, Fractal R4 Windowed, Varmilo mint TKL, Logitech m310, HP Pavilion 23bw, Logitech 2.1 Speakers