How long do you think you should play video games a day

Mullen_S

Title says it all, what's your opinion and any studies that say stuff about it that's actually legit

I'm a beast

minimum of 4

Rigs I've Built

The Striker i5 4590 @ 3.7 ||  MSI GTX 980 Armor X2 || Corsair RMX 750 || Team Elite Plus 8 GB || Define S || MSI Z97S SLI Krait

The Office PC i3 4160 @ 3.6 || Intel 4600 || EVGA 500B || G.Skill 8 GB || Cooler Master N200 || ASRock H97M Pro4

The Friend PC G3258 @ 4.3 || Sapphire R9 280X Tri-X || EVGA 600B || 8 GB Dell Ram || Cooler Master N200 || ASRock H97M- iTX/ac

The Mom Gaming PC A10-7890K @ 4.4 || iGPU + ASUS R7 250 ||  8 GB Klevv DDR3-2800 Mhz

About 25 hours a day seems fine.

/s

It depends on what else you do in the day. I try to keep the gaming under 8 hours MAX and that is absolute max. 

Usually I try to actually keep it under 5 hours, so I actually can do more stuff in a day.

My school work is not suffering because of gaming

"We're all in this together, might as well be friends" Tom, Toonami.

mini eLiXiVy: my open source 65% mechanical PCB, a build log, PCB anatomy and discussing open source licenses: https://linustechtips.com/topic/1366493-elixivy-a-65-mechanical-keyboard-build-log-pcb-anatomy-and-how-i-open-sourced-this-project/

mini_cardboard: a 4% keyboard build log and how keyboards workhttps://linustechtips.com/topic/1328547-mini_cardboard-a-4-keyboard-build-log-and-how-keyboards-work/

About 25 hours a day seems fine.

/s

It depends on what else you do in the day. I try to keep the gaming under 8 hours MAX and that is absolute max. 

My school work is not suffering because of gaming

drinking a bit too early i see ;^3

Check out my guide on how to scan cover art here!

Local asshole and 6th generation console enthusiast.

2-3 hours if you are in school. And don't do it all that time, have break or two where you actually leave PC. 4h is max that anyone should do if its daily thing. If you only have few days a week, then longer times are ok. But remember to take those breaks.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

Moved to General Discussion.

"It pays to keep an open mind, but not so open your brain falls out." - Carl Sagan.

"I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you" - Edward I. Koch

i play games too much. 3-4 hours stretch, perhaps 2-3 times on an off day. No games on a work day, for those days i just youtube and chill. And even then i think i spend too much time on the computer. But then, working with computers might be responsible for that.

I think you should play them around 1-2 hours on working day cause you dont have some much time and all the time on weekends. my opinion

For how long that person wants to, I work 5 days a week so don't get as much time anymore but I will dedicate my weekends entirely to gaming. I'm talking like 15+ hours. But hey that's the way I wanna do it :)

My Rig - Intel I7-5820k@ 4ghz| Rampage V Extreme| 4x4GB Corsair Vengeance DDR4|RTX 2060 SUPER| Corsair 650D| Corsair HX750| 2TB Samsung 850 EVO| H100i| 3x SF-120's| 1x 240 cooler master Red LED Front intake

Everything I say defaults to include /s

Ideally only like 2 games of CS for me but I lose games and I wanna keep playing till I win and I end up playing for like 6 hrs lol.

Uh, as much as a person wants too? If you're asking about how it would effect a developing mind, well there's tons of studies out there that you can Google, but the number of hours you play a video game a day doesn't really correlate to anything else for the majority of people.

I've been playing video games for a long time, since I was 2-3 years old. I'm almost 20 now and I'm a pretty level headed guy with a nack for IT/Networking.

So is there a limit? I personally don't think so as it ends up being more of how you should manage your time instead of it being a mental health issue.

18 hours a day so you can get 6 hours of sleep

i5-4670K ~ RX 470 ~ Z87MX-D3H ~ MX300 525GB ~ CM Hyper 212+ ~ 12GB 1600MHz Ram ~ EarthWatts 650 ~ NZXT GAMMA ~ WD Blue 250GB

well, usually about 5 hours weekdays, but around 10 on weekend days, wich is kinda affecting mr doing my homework. Because if that, I am forcing myself to not play untill I do most of my work.

Star Citizen referral codes, to help support your fellow comrades!
UOLTT Discord server, come on over and chat!

i7 4790k/ Bequiet Pure Rock/Asrock h97 PRO4/ 8 GB Crucial TT/ Corsair RM 750/ H-440 Custom/  PNY GT 610

Damn you're like a modular human being. -ThatCoolBlueKidd

it doesnt matter how long you play video games for, as long as it doesnt interfere with real things. 

i USED to play too much, i'd wake up early before school to start playing, generally skip my first class, go to school, skip my last class, go home and play until 1 or 2 in the morning, get 3 hours of sleep and repeat..

now i have a job and a family, i get home from work, play until its time for dinner, my computer is right next to the kitchen, so i can socialize while the better half cooks, then food, then relax on the couch.  i only get 2 or 3 hours of playtime nowadays, and while i'd like to get more, theres more important things than murdering zombies.

How do Reavers clean their spears?

|Specs in profile|

The Wheel of Time turns, and Ages come and pass, leaving memories that become legend. Legend fades to myth, and even myth is long forgotten when the Age that gave it birth comes again.

My worst was 16 hours a day when working as a game tester.  :P

What was that like?

I'm a beast

What was that like?

I played so much of this multiplayer fps we were testing that I don't enjoy the genre at all anymore years later. It killed MP gaming for me lol. But it's nice when you need a job ASAP that can give you tons of hours (well, until the game gets approved for sale and everyone gets laid off).

Whenever you have nothing else you need/want to do. In my experience unless you suffer from RSI or similar problems spending a lot of time playing videogames won't affect your health in a significant way, as long as you give the correct priority to everything else.

Don't ask to ask, just ask... please 🤨

sudo chmod -R 000 /*

You should play in your spare time after you've studied and fried your brain, not before. There is no set amount because things usually vary.

My sessions usually last 2 hours. I just get tired of it 2 hours later. Maybe 4 hours max since I can start again later in the day.

2-4 hours on average.

The stars died for you to be here today.

A locked bathroom in the right place can make all the difference in the world.