Experiencing fps drops and nothing ive tried seems to work

Ive been experiencing frame drops particularly in r6 and seen it in cyberpunk, along with stuttering (this seems to be fixed by freesync) where my gpu and cpu usage just tank for seemly no reason. however i cant seem to fix the issue, I've uninstalled my drivers and reinstalled them twice, tried to adjust my settings in amd adrenalin and checked my temps (I dont think i even hit 70degrees on gpu or cpu so thermal throttling shouldn't be an issue). Ive also uninstalled translucent tb since apparently windows taskbar changing colours can cause drops? I have no clue as to what could be causing these drops my only other thought is maybe because i use hudsight? but its happened way after i downloaded that. 

specs 

cpu: ryzen 5600 

gpu: rx6700xt 

ssd: p3 crucial 1tb 

psu: gigabyte 750w 

ram: 16gb kingston fury 3200mhz (i use a fair bit of ram but still under the 16gb) 

Some questions to start off.

Is your PSU the GIgabyte the P-GM model? Because if so that can be a reason why right off the bat.  

Did this start happening randomly and is there anything you changed around that time?

What program are you monitoring the CPU and GPU usage with?

When you reinstalled the GPU drivers did you do it with DDU or a regular reinstall?

29 minutes ago, LeapFrogMasterRace said:

Some questions to start off.

Is your PSU the GIgabyte the P-GM model? Because if so that can be a reason why right off the bat.  

Did this start happening randomly and is there anything you changed around that time?

What program are you monitoring the CPU and GPU usage with?

When you reinstalled the GPU drivers did you do it with DDU or a regular reinstall?

I uninstalled the drivers the second time with ddu and installed drivers with amds adrenaline software. 

GP-UD750GM is the product number but I've had it for a year now and its only showing issues now. 

I've installed a 2tb hard drive somewhat recently but since i dont run any of these games off the drive I dont see how that could be an issue? (I did have to buy a set of sata connectors because I didnt have my original cables)

I am also monitoring my gpu, cpu and ram usage with msi and riva tuner station and gpu temps with amds regular software. I've also changed my monitor display port cable somewhat recently but I don't remember noticing a correlation between the change in cable and drops in fps. 

I do think this started somewhat randomly as other than the software I've listed above these are the only changes I think I've made to my setup recently enough to effect this. I did never play cyberpunk 2077 before I had issues but I find these huge drops odd.  

4 minutes ago, Pinto1 said:

I uninstalled the drivers the second time with ddu and installed drivers with amds adrenaline software. 

GP-UD750GM is the product number but I've had it for a year now and its only showing issues now. 

I've installed a 2tb hard drive somewhat recently but since i dont run any of these games off the drive I dont see how that could be an issue? (I did have to buy a set of sata connectors because I didnt have my original cables)

I am also monitoring my gpu, cpu and ram usage with msi and riva tuner station and gpu temps with amds regular software. I've also changed my monitor display port cable somewhat recently but I don't remember noticing a correlation between the change in cable and drops in fps. 

I do think this started somewhat randomly as other than the software I've listed above these are the only changes I think I've made to my setup recently enough to effect this. I did never play cyberpunk 2077 before I had issues but I find these huge drops odd.  

ive also been noticing some weird static very recently (last night and today), with bands of static showing up on my monitor 

I am unsure if that is the PSU affected by the issues it looks like it is a fixed version. Take a look at this review https://www.techpowerup.com/review/gigabyte-gp-p750gm-750-w/ the P750GM is a F tier PSU on pretty much all tier list. Yours is slightly different but pretty similar https://cultists.network/5999/gigabyte-ud-gm/ so that is interesting..

Anyway monitor bands are often signs of the GPU issues. I wonder if it is a bit unstable, try messing around with turning down the GPU clocks a bit and maybe the power limit. 

5 hours ago, LeapFrogMasterRace said:

I am unsure if that is the PSU affected by the issues it looks like it is a fixed version. Take a look at this review https://www.techpowerup.com/review/gigabyte-gp-p750gm-750-w/ the P750GM is a F tier PSU on pretty much all tier list. Yours is slightly different but pretty similar https://cultists.network/5999/gigabyte-ud-gm/ so that is interesting..

Anyway monitor bands are often signs of the GPU issues. I wonder if it is a bit unstable, try messing around with turning down the GPU clocks a bit and maybe the power limit. 

so slightly undervolting the gpu? I guess I'll give that a shot but I should still be in my warranty period (most of these parts were bought new last year) especially since I haven't overclocked my gpu. I'll see how that goes for me. ill also give disconnecting my hard drive a try since if it is a power supply issue it's only happened since I connected the hard drive.

On 5/27/2024 at 5:26 AM, LeapFrogMasterRace said:

yeah Ive unplugged the harddrive and things seemed to be a bit more stable (no more noticable pauses at least in r6) but definitely more bands and now my second monitor is unusable after my pc stopped displaying when i tried to change settings in forza (was running at a max 12fps with hdr on for some reason. bit unsure as to whats gone on especially since the amd adrenaline driver software (which i used earlier today) now says my drivers are incompatible and wont open? 

i mean, questionable psu, known to be terrible ssd, amd gpu (maybe even running 3x8?)... it seems you were a bit unfortunate with your parts choices and these issues aren't exactly surprising. 

i know that doesn't actually help you... but other than making sure literally everything is up to date,  bios, chipset, gpu drivers, os... im not sure how to "fix" this without buying new, more reliable hardware tbh.

The direction tells you... the direction

-Scott Manley, 2021

Softwares used:

Corsair Link (Anime Edition) 

MSI Afterburner 

OpenRGB

Lively Wallpaper 

OBS Studio

Shutter Encoder

Avidemux

FSResizer

Audacity