Warranty support ratings.

thekeemo
Just now, ryanmmax said:

Powercolor...  Currently very negative!

To start with you pay shipping.  Then their 15 business days turns into business days, because they don't stock last gen cards.  Finally they send you a crap upgrade that you don't want that in every metric that maters is a down grade.  Then when you call and ask they say "its a newer card" and when you complain further they want you to mail it back in at your expense and then they will see what they can do.

BEFORE R9-290 PCS+ cooler

Pro- Quieter, cooler, better looking, high clock speed 

After R9-290x Reference cooler

Pro- NONE, 1080/60hz display both cards always had 100+FPS

I would love to revise this if they come through this week, but I am very doubtful!

Computer: http://pcpartpicker.com/p/ZczbWZ ~$950

Computer w/ Peripherals: http://pcpartpicker.com/b/mZNNnQ ~$1650

Case: Blue s340 painted black CPU: 4790K OC to 4.5MHz Cooler: Dark Rock 3 GPU: Powercolor R9-290 MOBO: z97 MSI Gaming 5 RAM: Fury HyperX 2x8GB 1866Mhz PSU: Corsair rm750x Storage: 250GB 850 EVO & 1TB WD Black HeadPhones: HD598 SE Speakers: MAckie CR4 SE Keyboard: K70 Cherry-Brown Mouse: G9x Fans: Prolimatech Vortex 140mm

Fractal Design 7 out of 9: I had a question about define r5 case airflow, person replied back to me with experience with their personal computer in the define r5 within 24hrs, I also went on to explain that I found one of the GP-14 fans kinda wobbly when it's spinning. once again replied back within 24hrs to ask me to send shipping info and case serial number (not receipt) so they can ship fan to me. minus about 1 point because shipping took a while (1 week and a little more i think and also no shipping number) and minus another because no local department which could have decreased the shipping time.

EDIT: Did not pay shipping as well. Also, I saw someone else reviewing this case on newegg and he was saying how awesome the case was but he the power button needed a couple presses before it worked. He wasn't really complaining about it and didn't mind it that much but FD still replied and gave him the opportunity to send him a replacement power button.

BRRRT!

PC

Spoiler
  • ASUS TUF GAMING B550M Plus
  • Ryzen 5 5600X undervolted
  • Gigabyte VISION OC RTX 3070 undervolted
  • 32GB Teamgroup Dark Alpha 3600 MHz CL18
  • Corsair TX750M
  • Fractal Design Meshify C Mini

Sim Equipment

Spoiler
  • Logitech Extreme 3D Pro & Thrustmaster TWCS Throttle
  • Logitech G27 with pedals and H-shifter
  • TrackIR 4

MSI Motherboard RMA

• Do they require a receipt. Receipts can easily be misplaced or in some occasions meaningless because the item was purchased in a country without official resellers.

Not sure.  I had my motherboard registered beforehand and they already had the recipt information from Amazon.

• Do they respond to you quickly? 1 point for within 24 hours. - 0.25 for every 2 days over that.

Yes. 1 hour.

• Do they have local service centers? Shipping across borders can be very expensive.

Yea.

• Do all the forms of communications they list actually work? Does someone pick up the phone?

Works very well.  Quick response times.

• Do they pay for shipping both ways? 1 point for always 0.5 for outside the service centers country.

They pay for return you pay to get it there.

• Quick turn around. How long does it take for them to process the item once they have received it. 1 point for under a week. -0.25 for every week over.

Took 3 days.

• Do they falsify information? Did they make stuff up to avoid compensating you?

Nope

• Did they give you goodies? Having to deal with sending something in causes undue stress and wastes your time. Did they compensate you for that?

Nope.  Packaging was quite bad however.  It was a motherboard box inside a noticeably bigger box.  Luckily, it wasn't damaged during shopping.

• Do they have an advanced replacement policy? Minimize lost time.*

no.

i5-4690k@4.5GHz || MSI GTX 970 || MSI z97 Gaming 5 || NZXT Kraken x61 || WD Black 1TB || Crucial MX100 || 8GB Corsair Vengeance Pro || Corsair RM750 || NZXT H440 || Corsair k70 RGB mx browns || Acer H236HL || ViewSonic VX2255wm-4

On 2/9/2016 at 7:27 PM, stconquest said:

Posting.

added I think 9/9??

On 2/9/2016 at 8:01 PM, ryanmmax said:

Update?

On 2/9/2016 at 9:56 AM, JaZoN_XD said:

Fractal Design 7 out of 9: I had a question about define r5 case airflow, person replied back to me with experience with their personal computer in the define r5 within 24hrs, I also went on to explain that I found one of the GP-14 fans kinda wobbly when it's spinning. once again replied back within 24hrs to ask me to send shipping info and case serial number (not receipt) so they can ship fan to me. minus about 1 point because shipping took a while (1 week and a little more i think and also no shipping number) and minus another because no local department which could have decreased the shipping time.

EDIT: Did not pay shipping as well. Also, I saw someone else reviewing this case on newegg and he was saying how awesome the case was but he the power button needed a couple presses before it worked. He wasn't really complaining about it and didn't mind it that much but FD still replied and gave him the opportunity to send him a replacement power button.

mind doing a breakdown in the original format?

9 minutes ago, Amazingasian said:

MSI Motherboard RMA

• Do they require a receipt. Receipts can easily be misplaced or in some occasions meaningless because the item was purchased in a country without official resellers.

Not sure.  I had my motherboard registered beforehand and they already had the recipt information from Amazon.

• Do they respond to you quickly? 1 point for within 24 hours. - 0.25 for every 2 days over that.

Yes. 1 hour.

• Do they have local service centers? Shipping across borders can be very expensive.

Yea.

• Do all the forms of communications they list actually work? Does someone pick up the phone?

Works very well.  Quick response times.

• Do they pay for shipping both ways? 1 point for always 0.5 for outside the service centers country.

They pay for return you pay to get it there.

• Quick turn around. How long does it take for them to process the item once they have received it. 1 point for under a week. -0.25 for every week over.

Took 3 days.

• Do they falsify information? Did they make stuff up to avoid compensating you?

Nope

• Did they give you goodies? Having to deal with sending something in causes undue stress and wastes your time. Did they compensate you for that?

Nope.  Packaging was quite bad however.  It was a motherboard box inside a noticeably bigger box.  Luckily, it wasn't damaged during shopping.

no.

Added but MSI does have advanced RMA

Thats that. If you need to get in touch chances are you can find someone that knows me that can get in touch.

• 3 weeks later...

Logitech (PCCASEGEAR) 9/10, gave me replacement mouse in a month period with no question asked. 

Magical Pineapples

Just now, MrUnknownEMC said:

Logitech (PCCASEGEAR) 9/10, gave me replacement mouse in a month period with no question asked. 

Was the RMA done through PCCASEGEAR or logitech?

Also can you do a breakdown in the same format as the examples?

Thats that. If you need to get in touch chances are you can find someone that knows me that can get in touch.

2 hours ago, thekeemo said:

Was the RMA done through PCCASEGEAR or logitech?

Also can you do a breakdown in the same format as the examples?

Wtf? I think my post didnt get posted correctly. The RMA was through PcCaseGear, here is the examples:

No, but the fact i brought from them, they have one online.

Within a hours and send details of returning the item.  

No, Due the fact i sent my item over state which only cost around 8 AUD dollars. 

Email communication works well, i never need to call them up. 

No, i had to pay for return postage. 

It took them a few hours after they received the item it was processed as "Item Acknowledged"  but it took another 3 working days for them to send a replacement product(MX Master)

No, first i thought the problem was case by me (Had a mushy gesture button after a few month of usage). 

They sent it back with express shipping which was sent on Friday so i had wait over weekend to get the item. 

Yes, they have fast RMA process allow you send item quickly if they found it problem of the product. I gave them photos comparison mushy button. 

Magical Pineapples

7 minutes ago, MrUnknownEMC said:

Wtf? I think my post didnt get posted correctly. The RMA was through PcCaseGear, here is the examples:

No, but the fact i brought from them, they have one online.

Within a hours and send details of returning the item.  

No, Due the fact i sent my item over state which only cost around 8 AUD dollars. 

Email communication works well, i never need to call them up. 

No, i had to pay for return postage. 

It took them a few hours after they received the item it was processed as "Item Acknowledged"  but it took another 3 working days for them to send a replacement product(MX Master)

No, first i thought the problem was case by me (Had a mushy gesture button after a few month of usage). 

They sent it back with express shipping which was sent on Friday so i had wait over weekend to get the item. 

Yes, they have fast RMA process allow you send item quickly if they found it problem of the product. I gave them photos comparison mushy button. 

That is a 6/8 (receipt is not a criteria if done through retailer) And by locally I mean in your continent :) what color should AU be...

• 2 weeks later...

CORSAIR AX860 DEAD.

I had it for 2 months and today my computer turn off automatically.

After some research, the PSU was the issue. The PSU don't turn on anything, hate you CORSAIR!! 170 USD FOR NOTHING..

Just now, RGT said:

CORSAIR AX860 DEAD.

I had it for 2 months and today my computer turn off automatically.

After some research, the PSU was the issue. The PSU don't turn on anything, hate you CORSAIR!! 170 USD FOR NOTHING..

uhh RMA experience please?

They send me a new unit, 2 days and the PSU is dead again, then, they told me that they will send me a new one but i need to pay to send and receive the unit again, what the ......?....

i'm done, i have bought a evga p2 PSU now on amazon, hope it works perfectly...

On 3/16/2016 at 9:53 PM, RGT said:

They send me a new unit, 2 days and the PSU is dead again, then, they told me that they will send me a new one but i need to pay to send and receive the unit again, what the ......?....

i'm done, i have bought a evga p2 PSU now on amazon, hope it works perfectly...

Can you stick to the template in the original post?

On 2/9/2016 at 8:01 PM, ryanmmax said:

Update?

• 2 weeks later...

MSI (in argentina) GTX 760

• Required to email receipt (0)
  • Responded me in a day (1)
  • Yeah, 1 3rd party that sent the GPU to the US and then received it (1)
  • Yeah, they had one phone, did work (1)
  • I am a subway trip from the service center, so I don't know if someone that is in another part can actually have the delivery paid for (1)
  • Once I dropped it on their place it took a bit under 3 weeks for it to get back, though everything that tryes to pass trough argentinian customs takes that (0.25)
  • Nope (1)
  • No, same GPU (0)
  • No, had to depend on intel graphics for 3 weeks(0)

Total= 5.25

Case: NZXT phantom CPU:I5-4460 GPU:MSI-GTX1070 Gaming X RAM:2x4Gb-DDR3-HyperX fury MOBO:Asus Z97-P HDD:Toshiba 1Tb 7200rpm PSU:Sentey650W

Apple (argentina) headphones

• Required recaipt (0)
  • Went to the store and they took it (1)
  • Took it to a retailer (1)
  • The retailer's phone worked (1)
  • free of charge (1)
  • A year (would have taken more if they would have waited for mines, as I got the one from another person that didn't picked them up (-13)
  • No (1)
  • Apple? serious m8? (0)
  • Lol no (0)

also, I waited for the headphones for longer than they actually worked. And they gave me a 20 days warranty

total=-8/9

Case: NZXT phantom CPU:I5-4460 GPU:MSI-GTX1070 Gaming X RAM:2x4Gb-DDR3-HyperX fury MOBO:Asus Z97-P HDD:Toshiba 1Tb 7200rpm PSU:Sentey650W

Thread has had a major rehaul.

One question should the current ratings be in a spoiler or not?

On 12/31/2015 at 11:59 AM, DEcobra11 said:

Hidden Content

Can you fix it with the companies readded?

1 hour ago, thekeemo said:

Thread has had a major rehaul.

One question should the current ratings be in a spoiler or not?

Nope.

Just now, DEcobra11 said:

New spoilers huh?

Edited

I am amazed you have been offline for over a month and as soon as I quote you are back.

Mad Catz:

Receipt Required, They accepted a receipt from US amazon even though im UK resident (I ordered it via a friends address well I was on vacation). - 0.5

Quick Response to all corespondance - 1

UK service centre - 1

Ticket system was only mode of contact - 0.5

I paid shipping for the return they paid to send it back to me - 0

It took them a week to send it. Im giving 1 for this since it took me 4 months to send it due to being deployed overseas and forgetting - 1

They required a description of the fault, they accepted the description without protest - 1

No goodies - 0

No replacement sent until they recieved the product - 0

5/8

PC:

Monolith(Laptop): CPU: i7 5700HQ GPU: GTX 980M 8GB RAM: 2x8GB 1600MHz Storage: 2x128GB Samsung 850 EVO(Raid 0) + 1TB HGST 7200RPM Model: Gigabyte P35XV4 Mouse: Razer Orochi Headset: Turtle Beach Stealth 450

IoT:

Router: Netgear D7000 Nighthawk

NAS: Synology DS218j, 2x 4TB Seagate Ironwolf

Media Accelerator: Nvidia Shield via Plex

Phone: Sony Xperia X Compact

On 11/25/2015 at 5:10 AM, Coaxialgamer said:

Sapphire :

had to rma twice because i got dead cards

second card wasnt even new

replacement was quick

rma shipping not a owners expense

Rating : 6.0/10

I know its been a while but I am refining the thread so I have a few Qs

Did they ask for a receipt

Did you pay to ship the bad card to them

Where did you have to send the card

50 minutes ago, thekeemo said:

I know its been a while but I am refining the thread so I have a few Qs

Did they ask for a receipt

Did you pay to ship the bad card to them

Where did you have to send the card

1_Yes

2_ fortunately,  no.  Otherwise  i would have been done with sapphire. 

3I sent it back to the online retailer i bought it from.  The nice thing is it took about a week between the time i shipped the card and when i actually got a new card delivered..  So at least they were quick about it. 

AMD Ryzen R7 1700 (3.8ghz) w/ NH-D14, EVGA RTX 2080 XC (stock), 4*4GB DDR4 3000MT/s RAM, Gigabyte AB350-Gaming-3 MB, CX750M PSU, 1.5TB SDD + 7TB HDD, Phanteks enthoo pro case

Just now, Coaxialgamer said:

1_Yes

2_ fortunately,  no.  Otherwise  i would have been done with sapphire. 

3I sent it back to the online retailer i bought it from.  The nice thing is it took about a week between the time i shipped the card and when i actually got a new card delivered..  So at least they were quick about it. 

Wait you did the RMA with a retailer or with Sapphire?

1 hour ago, CtrlAltELITE said:

Mad Catz:

Receipt Required, They accepted a receipt from US amazon even though im UK resident (I ordered it via a friends address well I was on vacation). - 0.5

Quick Response to all corespondance - 1

UK service centre - 1

Ticket system was only mode of contact - 0.5

I paid shipping for the return they paid to send it back to me - 0

It took them a week to send it. Im giving 1 for this since it took me 4 months to send it due to being deployed overseas and forgetting - 1

They required a description of the fault, they accepted the description without protest - 1

No goodies - 0

No replacement sent until they recieved the product - 0

5.5/8

Response added :) 

16 minutes ago, thekeemo said:

Wait you did the RMA with a retailer or with Sapphire?

Retailer,  but it went through sapphire apparently. 

AMD Ryzen R7 1700 (3.8ghz) w/ NH-D14, EVGA RTX 2080 XC (stock), 4*4GB DDR4 3000MT/s RAM, Gigabyte AB350-Gaming-3 MB, CX750M PSU, 1.5TB SDD + 7TB HDD, Phanteks enthoo pro case

Just now, Coaxialgamer said:

Retailer,  but it went through sapphire apparently. 

What retailer was it?