Warranty support ratings.

thekeemo
10 minutes ago, Katsunaka said:

Bought a 6700k a while ago, tried a few different boards before I found out I actually had a dead in the box 6700k.

RMA'd it with Intel, got my current 5ghz capable 6700k. I opted for the express RMA when offered. I got sent the new one, they got sent my old junk one. 

No real issues, it was done and over with in a few days. I just reused the box they sent me for the new one, to send my old one back.

-----------------------------------------------------

Razer RMA 

More recently I RMA'd my Razer Mamba TE. It was having issues, tried everything suggested by their support team before RMA'ing. Nothing worked, RMA'd it.  They received it July 20th. Aug 1st I had to call HQ to find out a number for customer support. Customer Support was absolutely fucking clueless. 

Eventually got in contact with them through email, albeit very poorly emailed by them. Asked what was going on, got told that the Mamba TE was on backorder, and it would be a few weeks. No original email from them by the way, I found that out while talking to them. 

I asked if I could just exchange it for a similarly priced mouse to speed it up. It only took 10 emails to confirm that I was ok with receiving a Deathadder Chroma(which I like more now that i'm using it). I finally received the new mouse yesterday.

3 weeks or so on a RMA for a mouse. If this new Razer mouse dies, I'm going with a different company, one thats a little more professional when it comes to RMA's.  That actually emails the customer to say "hey we're on backorder with that, sorry about the delay" instead of Razer's approach to it, which was to say nothing, and just let me wait.

The Mamba TE and now this Deathadder will be my last Razer product. Period. Their poor customer service has kept me away.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

ASROCK

While building a PC for a friend. He bought the parts, just sent them to me so I could build it then give it to him.

He bought the ASRock Z170 Fatality ITX board they have. I opened the shipping box, opened the mobo box and it was bent pins RIGHT out of the box. So I called ASRock for him asking about it. They basically said "bent pins = no warranty and fuck off". 

Luckily Newegg was a little more friendly and took it back. Prior to this I've never dealt with ASRock before, but again like Razer, it's something I'll be staying away from.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

G Skill

I bought some of their new x99 ram to compliment my black/white x99 build I have. I noticed I didn't receive any stickers. (my little cousin loves PC stickers) So I emailed them about getting some so she could have some PC stickers for her collection.

2 weeks later, not only did I receive multiple G Skill stickers for her, but a small G Skill tshirt  and a cup too.  I only emailed them because she wanted the stickers. I give her all my stickers from PC parts that I dont use so she can collect them along with all kinds of other stickers she gets everywhere. 

They went above and beyond for her, all about an email just asking if I could get 1 sticker for her collection.  Hence why I love them and will continue to buy their products. (Plus I love the way the Trident RAM looks, in every color)

You aren't going to make me hunt you down to get you to fill out the form are you?

Thats that. If you need to get in touch chances are you can find someone that knows me that can get in touch.

6 minutes ago, thekeemo said:

You aren't going to make me hunt you down to get you to fill out the form are you?

What form?  and maybe, although good luck getting past the IR motion sensing cameras, the alarm and the Glock G40.

And yes, my home is heavily monitored by camera's to protect what I've worked for. If that's not enough, Glockzilla will remind you to stay out.

59 minutes ago, Katsunaka said:

What form?  and maybe, although good luck getting past the IR motion sensing cameras, the alarm and the Glock G40.

And yes, my home is heavily monitored by camera's to protect what I've worked for. If that's not enough, Glockzilla will remind you to stay out.

chameleon suit

and please look at the start of the thread...

Thats that. If you need to get in touch chances are you can find someone that knows me that can get in touch.

Just now, Katsunaka said:

What?  lol, you live in Ohio man!  xD

Just now, stconquest said:

What?  lol, you live in Ohio man!  xD

Still, I've got probably 10k in actual working computers, probably another 4k in PC parts. 10k in guns and alot more in the rest of it.

I live in a great neighborhood, but it doesn't stop the trash from driving to it and trying to break it. My camera's helped my neighbor when their house got broken into.  

I get up and work for what I got, I'd like to keep my toys where I last left them. 

Replacement drive ended up defective, will update with WD's next RMA

Hint: They didn't do as good as the first time.

We have a NEW and GLORIOUSER-ER-ER PSU Tier List Now. (dammit @LukeSavenije stop coming up with new ones)

You can check out the old one that gave joy to so many across the land here

Computer having a hard time powering on? Troubleshoot it with this guide. (Currently looking for suggestions to update it into the context of <current year> and make it its own thread)

Computer Specs:

Spoiler

Mathresolvermajig: Intel Xeon E3 1240 (Sandy Bridge i7 equivalent)

Chillinmachine: Noctua NH-C14S
Framepainting-inator: EVGA GTX 1080 Ti SC2 Hybrid

Attachcorethingy: Gigabyte H61M-S2V-B3

Infoholdstick: Corsair 2x4GB DDR3 1333

Computerarmor: Silverstone RL06 "Lookalike"

Rememberdoogle: 1TB HDD + 120GB TR150 + 240 SSD Plus + 1TB MX500

AdditionalPylons: Phanteks AMP! 550W (based on Seasonic GX-550)

Letterpad: Rosewill Apollo 9100 (Cherry MX Red)

Buttonrodent: Razer Viper Mini + Huion H430P drawing Tablet

Auralnterface: Sennheiser HD 6xx

Liquidrectangles: LG 27UK850-W 4K HDR

1 hour ago, Nicholatian said:

Won’t be filling out this form because Google Docs doesn’t work without PrivacyBadger being disabled and having cookies on.

Please?

1 hour ago, Nicholatian said:

Honestly, I considered developing a quick website that is functionally the same and is fully automated… but I don’t want to detract from this one considering it already has over 200 replies and serves a purpose for most netizens.

Was going to do the same but I realized that this requires to high a level of finding BS for a simple script

59 minutes ago, Nicholatian said:

there are probably projects on GitHub that allow for complex polling using Node or whatever. It’s just a matter of setting it up and hosting it.

its not that

its me weeding through the fragments of comments

and looking at other replies and companies policies to figure out if its legit or they are bashing on a company or trying to boost it or plain dont get the questions

Woo two decent results for MSI and EVGA

• 2 weeks later...

Got somethin' for ya :D

We have a NEW and GLORIOUSER-ER-ER PSU Tier List Now. (dammit @LukeSavenije stop coming up with new ones)

Computer having a hard time powering on? Troubleshoot it with this guide. (Currently looking for suggestions to update it into the context of <current year> and make it its own thread)

Computer Specs:

Spoiler

3 dead drives in a row... ouch WD

Just now, thekeemo said:

3 dead drives in a row... ouch WD

First one had terrible random IOPS

Second one had friction noise that suggested badly aligned platters

Third one which I have right now has repeatedly increased its current pending sector count

I'm trying to see if this is fixable

Computer Specs:

Spoiler

Just now, Energycore said:

Second one had friction noise that suggested badly aligned platters

Third one which I have right now has repeatedly increased its current pending sector count

I'm trying to see if this is fixable

might want to talk to @Captain_WD

Just now, thekeemo said:

might want to talk to @Captain_WD

I have let him know of my frustration :)

But he's on the other side of the world

Computer Specs:

Spoiler

4 minutes ago, Energycore said:

That sounds like a typical HDD... :P 

#SSDMasterRace

Solve your own audio issues  |  First Steps with RPi 3  |  Humidity & Condensation  |  Sleep & Hibernation  |  Overclocking RAM  |  Making Backups  |  Displays  |  4K / 8K / 16K / etc.  |  Do I need 80+ Platinum?

If you can read this you're using the wrong theme.  You can change it at the bottom.

Just now, Ryan_Vickers said:

That sounds like a typical HDD... :P 

#SSDMasterRace

:P

You had no idea. Mixed workloads had it in the single digit KB/s

Now that I have an SSD, never again.

Computer Specs:

Spoiler

4 hours ago, thekeemo said:

~snip~

Hey :)

We have been in touch for quite a while and I'm looking into this and updating @Energycore with everything I find. :) This is quite unusual, especially with Enterprise drives. It may be a problem caused by bad shipping or something else.

Captain_WD. 

If this helped you, like and choose it as best answer - you might help someone else with the same issue. ^_^
WDC Representative, http://www.wdc.com/ 

How is this even possible? Asus under sony? Really?

All the things (really a few) i've sent back to asus came back as new, once they even gave me back a full refund (the customer paid 300 bucks for a netbook, they gave me 300 bucks to give to the customer). I cannot give them less than 10 / 10, really. Here in Italy they are fast and always solve the problem.

Sony instead is full of crap. They do not give support once you bought their product. The power supply of your laptop is broken? Your fault. The battery of your xperia is bulged? We will change it, but we will screw your phone (Full of scratches, broken camera, sent it back, they said that i made the scratches, and did not want to repair the camera; while repairing the camera they have broken the power button and the microphone, now it seems like i'm talking from bender's bottom - pic related)
Better not talk about PS3 and PS4, trust me. -273.15 / 10

HP is bad too, sometimes they do mistakes in design, i remember a laptop series that was so crappy that didn't matter how many times i could reflow it, it kept on breaking and breaking because there was a piece pushing the VGA away from its place. Also they did not give support under extended warranty over a laptop that was broken, telling that it broke because of the dirt inside (they said there were crumbs inside) that oxidized the motherboard, but the computer was clean, i can assure you because i opened it, also, when i opened for cleaning, there was a disgusting piece of nail inside, under a piece of tape, obviously not the customer's nail, considering the position. Once they even cut the audio cable inside of a laptop and blamed the customer. What about printers? Bad drivers when new windows come out because you have to buy a new printer, and they want you to pay to have them fix it, we fixed the drivers for them on their forum, and they neither updated the driver on the site. I'd say 2/10

Dell here is terrible: they do not solve your problems, and blame you for the problems of the laptop you buy. Once i remember that laptop (one of the first with 1080p) that had incredible problems when you put that in 720p. And there were driver issues, since it gave this kind of problem only in 720p. The customer used to switch from 1080p to 720p because of the tiny things on screen, and there were these red stripes appearing ONLY IN 720p. Anyway, they did not solve the problem at all, telling the customer that he had to use the laptop only in 1080p (WTF). That's not the only event, but that's enough for me to give them a 4/10.

No problems with hard disks such as western digital, seagate and iomega. You will lose the files with a new hard disk, but they always send you a new one ASAP.

Acer is good, they have a decent support, but i've seen too many faulty units because of overheating, also, excellent driver support. 6.5/10

Turtle beach: Terrible. they answer in not less than a week, i've lost 1 month only because i wanted to know if my problem was covered by warranty. Also the only way to contact them is by mail, and they never answer you completely. I've asked them where can i find the rail for the headphones, they simply ignored the question, answering in 4 or 5 words. Good thing is that after 2 months that my headphone broke, i had a new one. 2/10

Toshiba. I'm very satisfied with the product, i repaired 3 toshibas in all my life: 2 were something like 10 years old and the fan was broken, and one was mine, 5 years old; a decoupling capacitor was broken, could replace easily. A different experience was with a qosmio: one of my customer bought that, and it had problems with POST. 90% of the times the computer was taking too much time to boot. They did nothing to solve the problem. Good driver availability, and good support with satellite and satellite-pro, solving the problem easily and without problem 8/10, but terrible with qosmio 2/10.

Samsung: phones. I don't like it. First of all, that's like a faster support if your phone is the latest one and brand new (and i don't like this kind of thing). Then, there are like 3 tiers of support. The lowest and the worst prepared is the store that takes it, then there are 2 other levels. If the lowest screw something up, and then send your phone to higher "grades" of support, they can say it was opened by others, and you'll lose a lot of time, because it will go back to the lowest, then you'll open the envelope, discovering it was not fixed, and all the procedure starts back. They will solve the problem, but it will take time. 5.5/10

Gigabyte. I worked in a computer shop. I stopped selling those. Last gigabyte motherboard i sold went back because it could not support higher end processor (stated on the manual that were supported) that consumed too much watts. They told that the motherboard was working with a lower processor, so the motherboard was fine. Problem not solved, 0/10

Everything here in Italy takes more than 2 weeks. Only ASUS sometimes solves the problem in less. But not everytime.

Also, probably my experience should not be considered if you're only considering american customer care. I took the time writing these infos only for info's sake.

bender2.jpg

2 hours ago, Shingouki said:

Is iomega still around?

Anyway I can't take any of your opinions because you did not do it via the form meaning they are more opionated and less factual and you talking about product quality as well as warranty.

However this may still be useful.

But they are interesting because HP was unhelpful but they sent a guy for 3 hours(!!!) To try and fix the issue

Motherboard consumed too many watts?! What? And did you try updating the bios?

Asus in many parts of the world is useless for warranty. In many cases they will refuse to even talk to you and tell you to do it with the retailer. My guess is they outsource it in Italy to a good company (because of this I ask you if you could possibly get me the rails of the EAH6870)

5 hours ago, Captain_WD said:

Most likely it, the courier could be handling it like a paper letter. Just annoyed at the having to pay shipping multiple times thing.

5 hours ago, Captain_WD said:

We have been in touch for quite a while and I'm looking into this and updating @Energycore with everything I find. :) This is quite unusual, especially with Enterprise drives. It may be a problem caused by bad shipping or something else.

Captain_WD. 

Yeah shipping companies tend to play football with packages marked "fragile" 

8 minutes ago, iamdarkyoshi said:

Yeah shipping companies tend to play football with packages marked "fragile" 

That's why I only ship with UPS if the package is valuable/fragile if given the choice

https://linustechtips.com/main/topic/631048-psu-tier-list-updated/ Tier Breakdown (My understanding)--1 Godly, 2 Great, 3 Good, 4 Average, 5 Meh, 6 Bad, 7 Awful

4 minutes ago, AresKrieger said:

That's why I only ship with UPS if the package is valuable/fragile if given the choice

Don't do that if you ever ship to Canada. Only USPS unless you want the person receiving it forces to pay $70 in brokerage fees + customs fees that would be waived otherwise

1 minute ago, thekeemo said:

Don't do that if you ever ship to Canada. Only USPS unless you want the person receiving it forces to pay $70 in brokerage fees + customs fees that would be waived otherwise

Well yeah if I was shipping something to someone I didn't know I wouldn't use ups anyway since it isn't cheap for me either I'd just package it really well

https://linustechtips.com/main/topic/631048-psu-tier-list-updated/ Tier Breakdown (My understanding)--1 Godly, 2 Great, 3 Good, 4 Average, 5 Meh, 6 Bad, 7 Awful