Warranty support ratings.

thekeemo
Just now, thekeemo said:

What retailer was it? 

A french reatiler called "rueducommerce" 

AMD Ryzen R7 1700 (3.8ghz) w/ NH-D14, EVGA RTX 2080 XC (stock), 4*4GB DDR4 3000MT/s RAM, Gigabyte AB350-Gaming-3 MB, CX750M PSU, 1.5TB SDD + 7TB HDD, Phanteks enthoo pro case

Just now, Coaxialgamer said:

A french reatiler called "rueducommerce" 

ok thanks

because you didnt go directly through sapphire I will file this under retailers instead :)

Thats that. If you need to get in touch chances are you can find someone that knows me that can get in touch.

13 minutes ago, thekeemo said:

Response added :) 

Just noticed I cant do simple addition. Thanks for fixxing that before adding it to the form! :D

PC:

Monolith(Laptop): CPU: i7 5700HQ GPU: GTX 980M 8GB RAM: 2x8GB 1600MHz Storage: 2x128GB Samsung 850 EVO(Raid 0) + 1TB HGST 7200RPM Model: Gigabyte P35XV4 Mouse: Razer Orochi Headset: Turtle Beach Stealth 450

IoT:

Router: Netgear D7000 Nighthawk

NAS: Synology DS218j, 2x 4TB Seagate Ironwolf

Media Accelerator: Nvidia Shield via Plex

Phone: Sony Xperia X Compact

Poland:

Asus - 1/9, GTX 980 Strix sent to their service for terrible coil whine, no news after 25 days, they gets 1 point because they didn't broke the law and I was able to get my refund in shop while card was at Asus' service (I sent it 7 days after buying so I still could return it even after those 25 days because once something is sent to RMA, time for return stops, and its 14 days in Poland, so I still had 7 days (although if I got card back from service, I wouldn't have 7 days more for return, appears that successful RMA cancels it for some reason). Also they have terrible overall opinion, there were some situations when they not only refused to repair product that was on warranty, but also performed paid repair without informing and asking client about it, and they were saying that he needs to pay or he won't get it back, so they broke law at least four times (good lawyer would find 150 times probably) - refusing to fulfill warranty, performing paid repair without informing client, which are both breaking of customer rights, and also refusing to return product back to client and saying that he will get it only if he pays for paid repair that wasn't consulted with him, and this is robbery and blackmail. They gave him refund only after this case got to media and they could lose their already questionable reputation because of that.

Toshiba - 6.5/9 - RMA laptop 3 times because of dead HDD, 2 times it broke by itself and third time I hit laptop in rage (two days after getting it back from second RMA, but it was long ago, like 5 years :P). No problems with all 3 warranties, laptop was getting back within 21 days from being sent, but I give them 6.5 points because 21 days is quite a lot, shouldn't been even acceptable if customers had any requirements and respect for themselves, but they don't, so we have what we have.

Dell - 9/9 - backlight bleed and coil whine on U3415W - I called them and asked if they are able to exchange my monitor faster than shop where I got it (if sent no later than 3 days after buying they obligate to exchange in 5 working days from getting monitor back, so plus shippings and weekend along the way its around 2 weeks). I called on Friday. They said that I am going to get new monitor in Monday or Tuesday. I was like "I am sorry, when?". So they repeat, Monday or Thuesday I get new one and day after that they take old one. I just needed to post official RMA to their e-mail with receipt (I don't get complains about that, how someone can get only physical receipt today and no electronic one, what is this bronze age?) and pictures of serial numbers and etc and pictures of backlight bleed. At the end I got new one on Thursday, not Thuesday, but this is unimaginable level of customer support, some may say rather only proper one, and I agree, but anyways, this was outstanding. Second screen wasn't any better than original one, so I told them that I am sending their screen back tomorrow instead of original one, which I am going to return to shop and get refund. They said that I can do that and that was it, only proper warranty support I have ever seen in my life.

Spoiler

CPU: i7-6900K 4.5 GHz | Motherboard: X99 Sabertooth | GPU: RTX 2080 Ti SLi | RAM: 32GB DDR4-3400 CL13 | SSD: SX8200 PRO 512GB | PSU: Corsair AX1600i | Case: InWin 805C | Monitor: LG 38UC99-W 85Hz | Keyboard: Wooting One Analog | Keypad: Azeron Compact Analog | Mouse: Swiftpoint Z | Audio: Klipsch Reference 5.1

2 minutes ago, Krzych said:

Poland:

Asus - 1/9, GTX 980 Strix sent to their service for terrible coil whine, no news after 25 days, they gets 1 point because they didn't broke the law and I was able to get my refund in shop while card was at Asus' service (I sent it 7 days after buying so I still could return it even after those 25 days because once something is sent to RMA, time for return stops, and its 14 days in Poland, so I still had 7 days (although if I got card back from service, I wouldn't have 7 days more for return, appears that successful RMA cancels it for some reason). Also they have terrible overall opinion, there were some situations when they not only refused to repair product that was on warranty, but also performed paid repair without informing and asking client about it, and they were saying that he needs to play and he won't get it back, so they broke law at four times - refusing to fulfill warranty, performing paid repair without informing client, which are both breaking of customer rights, and also refusing to return product back to client and saying that he will get it only if he pays for paid repair that wasn't consulted with him, and this is robbery and blackmail. They gave him refund only after this case got to media and they could lose their already questionable reputation because of that.

Toshiba - 6.5/9 - RMA laptop 3 times because of dead HDD, 2 times it broke by itself and third time I hit laptop in rage (two days after getting it back from second RMA, but it was long ago, like 5 years :P). No problems with all 3 warranties, laptop was getting back within 21 days from being sent, but I give them 6.5 points because 21 days is quite a lot, shouldn't been even acceptable if customers had any requirements and respect for themselves, but they don't, so we have what we have.

Dell - 9/9 - backlight bleed and coil whine on U3415W - I called them and asked if they are able to exchange my monitor faster than shop where I got it (if sent no later than 3 days after buying they obligate to exchange in 5 working days from getting monitor back, so plus shippings and weekend along the way its around 2 weeks). I called on Friday. They said that I am going to get new monitor in Monday or Tuesday. I was like "I am sorry, when?". So they repeat, Monday or Thuesday I get new one and day after that they take old one. I just needed to post official RMA to their e-mail with scan of receipt (I don't get how someone can get only physical receipt today and no electronic one, what is this bronze age?) and pictures of serial numbers and etc and pictures of backlight bleed. At the end I got new one on Thursday, not Thuesday, but this is unimaginable level of customer support, some may say rather only proper one, and I agree, but anyways, this was outstanding. Second screen wasn't any better than original one, so I told them that I am sending their screen back tomorrow instead of original one, which I am going to return to shop and get refund. They said that I can do that and that was it, only proper warranty support I have ever seen in my life.

Thanks for the context! But I cant really use this because it doesnt respond to all the aspects can you fill this out? http://goo.gl/forms/kQSqcZBq7u.

Thats that. If you need to get in touch chances are you can find someone that knows me that can get in touch.

10 minutes ago, thekeemo said:

Thanks for the context! But I cant really use this because it doesnt respond to all the aspects can you fill this out? http://goo.gl/forms/kQSqcZBq7u.

Well I did, but there was never question which manufacturer I am talking about :P One I sent now is for Asus.

Spoiler

CPU: i7-6900K 4.5 GHz | Motherboard: X99 Sabertooth | GPU: RTX 2080 Ti SLi | RAM: 32GB DDR4-3400 CL13 | SSD: SX8200 PRO 512GB | PSU: Corsair AX1600i | Case: InWin 805C | Monitor: LG 38UC99-W 85Hz | Keyboard: Wooting One Analog | Keypad: Azeron Compact Analog | Mouse: Swiftpoint Z | Audio: Klipsch Reference 5.1

1 minute ago, Krzych said:

Well I did, but there was never question which manufacturer I am talking about :P One I sent now is for Asus.

Oh man I am an idiot ill fix  it

2 minutes ago, thekeemo said:

Oh man I am an idiot ill fix  it

Haha xD

Spoiler

4 minutes ago, Krzych said:

Haha xD

First negative infinity! I notice that you didnt do the Asus RMA yourself do you know the person that did? The media might have distorted some facts.

15 minutes ago, thekeemo said:

First negative infinity! I notice that you didnt do the Asus RMA yourself do you know the person that did? The media might have distorted some facts.

I did GPU RMA myself, this media example is something I did read.

Spoiler

Just now, Krzych said:

GPU RMA myself, media example is only example.

Oh ok. Amazed that you got your money back.

5 minutes ago, thekeemo said:

Oh ok. Amazed that you got your money back.

Nothing to be amazed. Law is clear here, if you buy in web, you have 14 days to return and get refund without even giving any reason why. If you start warranty process inside those 14 days, you can get refund anytime until warranty process is finished. Even this guy from media example got his money back, my example is nothing in comparison what they did to him.

To be precise, I asked shop where I got this GPU if I will still have 7 days to return after getting it back from warranty (since I sent it back after 7 days, so theoretically 7 days are left) but they said no, and if I want to do this I can do it now. So I did and got my money back, so its most likely thanks to assistance of that shop that I got money back.

Spoiler

Didn't see one for ThermalTake... well, now you do. ;)

[witty signature]

1 hour ago, Timmy-P said:

Didn't see one for ThermalTake... well, now you do. ;)

The more the merrier! What did you RMA?

4 minutes ago, thekeemo said:

The more the merrier! What did you RMA?

Their Poseidon Z mechanical keyboard.  One of the keys stopped working, and they took it, even after I put off sending it in for four months. :D

[witty signature]

Asus is no longer alone at the bottom! GIgabyte has gotten a -inf

Doing great work with this thread :D

i7-7700 | Asrock H270M-ITX | Fractal Design Core 500 | 16GB Corsair Vengeance LPX | EVGA GTX 1080 Ti | 850 EVO 500GB | 850 EVO 250GB | WD CavGreen 2TB

EVGA SuperNOVA 550W | Steel Series Elite Prism | Final mouse 2015 | WASD Keyboards V2 (MX Blue) | Acer Predator 1440p 144Hz

10 minutes ago, DebatED Nothing said:

Doing great work with this thread :D

Thank you! Im waiting on the day it becomes a popular reference.

Moblive // Rigashop (same executive staff)

1 point for each item below:

• Do they require a receipt. 1 (do not, they have archived receipts available digitally)
  • Do they respond to you quickly? 0 (no response unless confronted, even then barely anything reasonable)
  • Do they have local service centers? 1 (Available locally)
  • Do all the forms of communications they list actually work? 0.5 (e-mail is useless with them)
  • Do they pay for shipping both ways? 0 (only ship the original order, I have to make sure to deliver it during RMA)
  • Quick turn around. 0 (after 30 days I get a notice of cancelled RMA and offered in-store credit as refund)
  • Do they falsify information? 0 (oh, yes I had to write 3 official claims back and forth and arguing for a couple of hours in persons to actually get the final refund)
  • Did they give you goodies? 0 (No extras)
  • Do they have an advanced replacement policy? 0 (Nope)

Please leave a rating out of 9: 2/9

CPU: Intel i7 5820K @ 4.20 GHz | MotherboardMSI X99S SLI PLUS | RAM: Corsair LPX 16GB DDR4 @ 2666MHz | GPU: Sapphire R9 Fury (x2 CrossFire)
Storage: Samsung 950Pro 512GB // OCZ Vector150 240GB // Seagate 1TB | PSU: Seasonic 1050 Snow Silent | Case: NZXT H440 | Cooling: Nepton 240M
FireStrike // Extreme // Ultra // 8K // 16K

1 minute ago, DXMember said:

Moblive // Rigashop (same executive staff)

• Do they require a receipt. 1 (do not, they have archived receipts available digitally)
  • Do they respond to you quickly? 0 (no response unless confronted, even then barely anything reasonable)
  • Do they have local service centers? 1 (Available locally)
  • Do all the forms of communications they list actually work? 0.5 (e-mail is useless with them)
  • Do they pay for shipping both ways? 0 (only ship the original order, I have to make sure to deliver it during RMA)
  • Quick turn around. 0 (after 30 days I get a notice of cancelled RMA and offered in-store credit as refund)
  • Do they falsify information? 0 (oh, yes I had to write 3 official claims back and forth and arguing for a couple of hours in persons to actually get the final refund)
  • Did they give you goodies? 0 (No extras)
  • Do they have an advanced replacement policy? 0 (Nope)

2/8 not 9 since they are a retailer

Where are you located?

1 hour ago, DXMember said:

Do I assume india?

anyway thank you to @marioo1182 for the latest update

I bought a reference Gigabyte GTX 980 Ti on eBay that I knew didn't work, but I also knew it was under warranty. Since I am from Mexico, I paid $40 for the shipment from USA to MEX. I though first that it was unproperly installed, but it wasn't. The seller didn't mention that the card had a burned mosfet, or mentioned the burned smell either.

First of all, I called Gigabyte USA, and they said they only gave support to USA and Canada. The person I talked to seemed pretty uninterested, and he said I had to talk to Gigabyte Brazil. I called, and they told me I had to see with my country's support. The thing here is, Gigabyte warranty RMA in Mexico is pretty much nonexistent. I feel like they didn't really care about me. They simply said: we only repair motherboards. If it is a graphics card, the warranty is with the seller. I was screwed.  So, I had to say I have an address in the USA (provided by a service like MyUS, USGOBUY, Shipito, etc...). I shipped the card from Veracruz to Oregon ($50), and then from Oregon to California ($18) (to Gigabyte's RMA center). They said they would pay for the shipment back to Oregon, so yeah, I ended up paying $68 until now, and the shipment from Oregon to Veracruz is going to be $40 something, so I'm going to end up paying $108 just for an RMA. 

10 minutes ago, RafayoA said:

I bought a reference Gigabyte GTX 980 Ti on eBay that I knew didn't work, but I also knew it was under warranty. Since I am from Mexico, I paid $40 for the shipment from USA to MEX. I though first that it was unproperly installed, but it wasn't. The seller didn't mention that the card had a burned mosfet, or mentioned the burned smell either.

First of all, I called Gigabyte USA, and they said they only gave support to USA and Canada. The person I talked to seemed pretty uninterested, and he said I had to talk to Gigabyte Brazil. I called, and they told me I had to see with my country's support. The thing here is, Gigabyte warranty RMA in Mexico is pretty much nonexistent. I feel like they didn't really care about me. They simply said: we only repair motherboards. If it is a graphics card, the warranty is with the seller. I was screwed.  So, I had to say I have an address in the USA (provided by a service like MyUS, USGOBUY, Shipito, etc...). I shipped the card from Veracruz to Oregon ($50), and then from Oregon to California ($18) (to Gigabyte's RMA center). They said they would pay for the shipment back to Oregon, so yeah, I ended up paying $68 until now, and the shipment from Oregon to Veracruz is going to be $40 something, so I'm going to end up paying $108 just for an RMA. 

Please fill out the form once you get it back to see if they actually fixed it.

My rating for MSI

• Do they require a receipt. Receipts can easily be misplaced or in some occasions meaningless because the item was purchased in a country without official resellers.
  • no, +1
  •  
  • Do they respond to you quickly? 1 point for within 24 hours. - 0.25 for every 2 days over that.
  •  
  • Do they have local service centers? Shipping across borders can be very expensive.
  • +1
  •  
  • Do all the forms of communications they list actually work? Does someone pick up the phone?
  • +1
  •  
  • Do they pay for shipping both ways? 1 point for always 0.5 for outside the service centers country.
  • +0
  •  
  • Quick turn around. How long does it take for them to process the item once they have received it. 1 point for under a week. -0.25 for every week over.
  • +1
  •  
  • Do they falsify information? Did they make stuff up to avoid compensating you?
  • no, +1
  •  
  • Did they give you goodies? Having to deal with sending something in causes undue stress and wastes your time. Did they compensate you for that?
  • no GPU twice for 2 weeks each, no compensation +0
  •  
  • Do they have an advanced replacement policy? Minimize lost time.*
  • again, no GPU for a total of 4 weeks, +0

Total: 4.25/9

Gaming - Ryzen 5800X3D | 64GB 3200mhz  MSI 6900 XT Mini-ITX SFF Build

Home Server (Unraid OS) - Ryzen 2700x | 48GB 3200mhz |  EVGA 1060 6GB | 6TB SSD Cache [3x2TB] 66TB HDD [11x6TB]