Warranty support ratings.

thekeemo

Used is another good point; that could be an issue. Do all manufacturers continue to honour the warranty if its sent in from a second hand owner? That could be another rating point.

I kinda comboed it

Thats that. If you need to get in touch chances are you can find someone that knows me that can get in touch.

Logietch:

• Do they require a receipt. Receipts can easily be misplaced or in some occasions meaningless because the item was purchased in a country without official resellers.

I dunno, I just sent the receipt i got on email when I bought the product to them. +1

• Do they respond to you quickly? 1 point for within 24 hours. - 0.25 for every 2 days over that.

Not for me at the start, but when I told them that they were slow on the forums, it was REALLY fast, . so I will go away from the point thing and put +0,5 points

• Do they have local service centers? Shipping across borders can be very expensive.

No, the closest to me were in the Netherlands, but you dont have to pay anything so +0,5

• Do all the forms of communications they list actually work? Does someone pick up the phone?

Only tried email an forum, yes they did work. +1

• Do they pay for shipping both ways? 1 point for always 0.5 for outside the service centers country.

Yes, in my case, something just had to be sent one way, that was to me. +1

• Quick turn around. How long does it take for them to process the item once they have received it. 1 point for under a week. -0.25 for every week over.

I did not have to send in my faulty product +1

• Do they falsify information? Did they make stuff up to avoid compensating you?

No. +1

• Did they give you goodies? Having to deal with sending something in causes undue stress and wastes your time. Did they compensate you for that?

No, I had a new product 2 days after they had the information they needed, because I did not have to send anything to them. so probalby +0, I dunno

• Do they have an advanced replacement policy? Minimize lost time.*

I think not needing to send back the faulty product counts here. +1

7/9

“Remember to look up at the stars and not down at your feet. Try to make sense of what you see and wonder about what makes the universe exist. Be curious. And however difficult life may seem, there is always something you can do and succeed at. 
It matters that you don't just give up.”

-Stephen Hawking

Wait how is the $11 not their fault?

As long as its an RMA I think it counts

Their forums are just filled with bad experiences

Not surprised. They did something similar with my X79 Assassin 2

Not having to send anything in is the best kind of advanced replacement

Thats that. If you need to get in touch chances are you can find someone that knows me that can get in touch.

The having to pay shipping was their fault, however I could've paid less if I used a smaller box. The box I used was huge, so it was more expensive to ship.

Spoiler

Prometheus (Main Rig)

CPU-Z Verification

Laptop: 

Spoiler

Intel Core i3-5005U, 8GB RAM, Crucial MX 100 128GB, Touch-Screen, Intel 7260 WiFi/Bluetooth card.

Phone:

Game Consoles:

Spoiler

Softmodded Fat PS2 w/ 80GB HDD, and a Dreamcast.

If you want my attention quote my post, or tag me. If you don't use PCPartPicker I will ignore your build.

The having to pay shipping was their fault, however I could've paid less if I used a smaller box. The box I used was huge, so it was more expensive to ship.

Oh ok

To be fair, the X79 Assassin 2 had a bent pin, not their fault. 

Main Gaming PC (new): HP Omen 30L || i9 10850K || RTX 3070 || 512GB WD Blue NVME || 2TB HDD, 4TB HDD, 8TB HDD ||  750W P2 ||  16GB HyperX Black DDR4

Main Gaming PC (old, still own) : Intel Core i7 7700K @5.0Ghz || GPU: GTX 1080 Seahawk EK X || Motherboard: Maximus VIII Impact || Case: Fractal Design Define Nano S || RAM : 32GB Corsair Vengeance LPX 

Cooling: EK XRES D5 100mm || Alphacool ST30 280mm w/ Vardars || Alphacool ST30 240mm w/ Vardars || Swiftech 3/8 x 1/2'' Lok-Seal Compressions || Swiftech EVGA Hydrocopper Block || Primochill Advanced LRT Orange || Distilled Water

Folding@Home Rig: 2x X5690s @4.6Ghz || GPUs: 2x Radeon HD 7990 || Motherboard: EVGA SR-2 || Case: Corsair 900D || RAM: 48GB Corsair Dominator GT 2000Mhz CL9

Ethereum Mining Rig: Pentium G4400 || Gigabyte Z170X-UD5 TH || 2x GTX 1060s (Samsung & Hynix) 1x GTX 1070 (Micron), 2x RX480s BIOS modded (Samsung), 1x R9 290X 8GB, 1x GTX 1660 Super = ~ 195 Mh/s

Peripherals: 3x U2412M (5760x1200), 1x U3011 (2560x1600) || Logitech G710 (Cherry Blues) || Logitech G600 || Brainwavz HM5 with @Gofspar Mod 

Laptop: Dell XPS 15 || "Infinity Edge" 4K IPS Screen || i7 7700HQ || GTX 1050 || 16GB 2400Mhz RAM 

To be fair, the X79 Assassin 2 had a bent pin, not their fault. 

They said it was covered... also $90 just to look at it???

• 3 weeks later...

Cooler master and nzxt added

All RMAs are completed no more shipping stuff for me..

Sapphire 5.5/9

Echelon Mk 2.11 

Spoiler
  • Processor: Intel Core i5-6500
  • Cooler: Cryorig H7 (With a 120 mm Thermaltake Riing RGB)
  • Motherboard: MSI B150M Bazooka Plus
  • Memory: 16 (2x8) GB DDR4 Kingston HyperX Fury (Black)
  • Video Card: Sapphire NITRO R9 390 (Stock)
  • Storage:  1 TB Western Digital Blue
  • Power Supply: 520 W Seasonic M12II Evo (with custom extensions and cable combs)
  • Casing: NZXT S340 Elite (Matte Black)
  • Fans: 2x 120 mm & 3x 140 mm Thermaltake Riing RGB
  • Display: 22 " LG Flatron L227WTG-PF LCD (OCed to 76 Hz)
  • Keyboard: Logitech K120
  • Mouse: Logitech G402 Hyperion Fury
  • Mousepad: SteelSeries QcK
  • Operating System: Windows 10 Pro (64-bit)

Sapphire 5.5/9

details? Not doubting you I felt with them before (see item 3.1 in the 5th link in my SIG) but to be more informative to people

I'm going to rate these companies based on how I felt the experience was, instead of the system you made. As long as you don't mind lol

Greatest to least:

Corsair: 8.5/9. The RMA experience(s) was almost flawless. They approved my RMA request immediately (same day) and sent me a brand new kit of RAM about a day after they got the faulty kit. My only gripe was that I had to pay for shipping. The story was even better when I had to RMA the front panel of my case, since they overnighted me a new panel without needing to send my faulty one back. All for free.

Logitech: 5/9. The experience(s) with Logitech was a bit different. When I RMA'd my KB, they gave me a brand new KB and a 2 year warranty extension all for free. It was different when I had to RMA my G27 6 months later. I couldn't locate ANY contact info for the RMA department. I couldn't even make a support ticket since all I could do was go on their forum. I had to Google their number to contact them. They gave me a free shipping label to send my faulty unit to them. Afterwards, they took 2 weeks to send me a new one.

EVGA: 2.5/9. The absolute WORST experience with any company I've dealt with. I had to RMA my 660, so I opened a ticket with them and everything went smoothly for the most part, until I got the replacement. It was faulty too. I had to open yet another ticket, same process as before and got another one...but it was faulty too. I did the same thing 5 times and 4 of those times I had to pay for shipping until they offered me an Advanced RMA for free. After the third time, they started getting salty with me, saying that they couldn't send me a new card at all (I was asking for a new card because I was getting tired of doing RMA after RMA), and they were saying that the card was "too old and too weak" and they couldn't do anything about that. I even contacted the manager and he said the same thing. I just told them that if the 5th card was faulty, I would never buy from them again...lo and behold it was faulty too! So I RMA'd for the last time and sold the card. Other than that, their shipping times were decent, with them shipping the refurb 3 days after receiving the faulty unit.

Sorry for the wall of text! I just felt like getting into detail lol...now my fingers hurt from typing :(

Really unlucky... 5 faulty cards in a row.

Tokyo Sunshine:Corsair 750d case with custom lighting, Asus ROG Maximus VIII Z170, Intel i5-6600 processor, 16gb HyperX Fury DDR4 RAM, MSI r9 270x 4gb@ 1300mhz mem clock, Sandisk Ultra II SSD 256gb, 2x 1tb HDD

Steel series (I had to RMA my headset twice now, once because the cable broke, and the other time because the USB audio card broke)

• Yes, but a digital receipt/email order confirmation will suffice 0.5
  • Both times I received communications very quickly. 1
  • They have EU and US locations (possibly Asia etc but I don't know about those) and shipping was free so that wasn't an issue. 0.5
  • You can email them directly or use their on site support ticket system, both work very well. 1
  • Yes. 1
  • Under a week both times. 1
  • Nope. 1
  • Well, not directly but the first time my headset died it was a Siberia Frost V2, when it broke that line had been discontinued so they upgraded me to a Siberia Elite Prism, and when the soundcard broke they sent me a whole new headset and soundcard, so in a way yes. 1
  • No, unfortunately not. 0

Steel Series gets 7/9 from me

Final Mouse:

• Again, email of Amazon order confirmation sufficed but they did need proof. 0.5
  • Very rapid responses. 1
  • I think they all ship from the same place, but it was still quick. 0.5
  • Yes, but there's only an email communication option that I'm aware of so 0.5
  • Yes, and they didn't even require me to send back my faulty mouse. 1
  • They sent me a new one immediately so 1
  • No. 1
  • No, but they don't ask for the faulty mouse back (mine had a fucked up scroll wheel) so you can still use that. The process was really stress free and simple so 0.5
  • Nope. 0

6/9 for Final Mouse.

i7-7700 | Asrock H270M-ITX | Fractal Design Core 500 | 16GB Corsair Vengeance LPX | EVGA GTX 1080 Ti | 850 EVO 500GB | 850 EVO 250GB | WD CavGreen 2TB

EVGA SuperNOVA 550W | Steel Series Elite Prism | Final mouse 2015 | WASD Keyboards V2 (MX Blue) | Acer Predator 1440p 144Hz

This will vary with country so if you don't separate it by country, all you're going to get is useless data. It's going to be all over the place.

not a bad idea I can probably sort most of the current ratings.

not a bad idea I can probably sort most of the current ratings.

If you need to know what country I am in, its Norway :D so it isnt that strange that logitech did not have local storage or service center

“Remember to look up at the stars and not down at your feet. Try to make sense of what you see and wonder about what makes the universe exist. Be curious. And however difficult life may seem, there is always something you can do and succeed at. 
It matters that you don't just give up.”

-Stephen Hawking

If you need to know what country I am in, its Norway :D

That helps out you were the only one left

Massdrop:

Do they require a receipt. Receipts can easily be misplaced or in some occasions meaningless because the item was purchased in a country without official resellers.

No, as they can just look at my account

Do they respond to you quickly? 1 point for within 24 hours. - 0.25 for every 2 days over that.

Same day

Do they have local service centers? Shipping across borders can be very expensive.

Yes

Do all the forms of communications they list actually work? Does someone pick up the phone?

Never needed to use the phone, I assume it works though

Do they pay for shipping both ways? 1 point for always 0.5 for outside the service centers country.

Yup. Prepaid label to return a monitor and they shipped a new one for me as soon as the shipping label for the defective monitor was scanned

Quick turn around. How long does it take for them to process the item once they have received it. 1 point for under a week. -0.25 for every week over.

Instantly

Do they falsify information? Did they make stuff up to avoid compensating you?

Absolutely not. They were honest.

Did they give you goodies? Having to deal with sending something in causes undue stress and wastes your time. Did they compensate you for that?

They did when I had to wait extra time for shipping on my original order, for replacing a monitor with one dead pixel, I would say that paying for all shipping is enough

Do they have an advanced replacement policy? Minimize lost time.*

I would say so, as they shipped out a new one as soon as my defective one was scanned at UPS

That is cross shipping a bit different

details? Not doubting you I felt with them before (see item 3.1 in the 5th link in my SIG) but to be more informative to people

Oh sorry2x because I was in a hurry when I posted it, so my experience with Sapphire was a a 5.5 based on the criteria by @thekeemo :) But I would have given it a higher score like a 7.5 because I really don't mind getting "goodies" since I bought the GPU itself without the thought of freebies to be given (was not a deciding factor) [1] and also it took more than 4 weeks to replace because the Sapphire NITRO R9 390 was selling like hotcakes here in the Philippines so it was constantly out-of-stock because it was very significantly lower priced to a 970 and performs better [1]!

My case was the GPU didn't work at all upon receiving. So I contacted Sapphire requesting a RMA and they responded within an hour without letting me go through troubleshooting since I told them that I tried already [1]. They said to ship it back to my retailer and they will handle everything from there but I paid for shipping to my retailer (part of the terms with the retailer) [1+1+0.5]. Retailer gives accurate updates constantly (Info gets forwarded from Sapphire to national distributor then retailer but Sapphire can be contacted directly) [1+1]. :)

Echelon Mk 2.11 

Spoiler
  • Processor: Intel Core i5-6500
  • Cooler: Cryorig H7 (With a 120 mm Thermaltake Riing RGB)
  • Motherboard: MSI B150M Bazooka Plus
  • Memory: 16 (2x8) GB DDR4 Kingston HyperX Fury (Black)
  • Video Card: Sapphire NITRO R9 390 (Stock)
  • Storage:  1 TB Western Digital Blue
  • Power Supply: 520 W Seasonic M12II Evo (with custom extensions and cable combs)
  • Casing: NZXT S340 Elite (Matte Black)
  • Fans: 2x 120 mm & 3x 140 mm Thermaltake Riing RGB
  • Display: 22 " LG Flatron L227WTG-PF LCD (OCed to 76 Hz)
  • Keyboard: Logitech K120
  • Mouse: Logitech G402 Hyperion Fury
  • Mousepad: SteelSeries QcK
  • Operating System: Windows 10 Pro (64-bit)

• Can be a copy, but only ask for it sometimes, usually if you registered online it's enough 0,5
  • It's via phone and confirmation via phone,SMS or e-mail. Never had to wait more than a day for a response 1
  • No, labs in Barcelona, but they cover shipping under warranty 0,5
  • As said only phone, but at least it doesn't take much time 0,75
  • Always 1
  • Up to 2 weeks so... 0,5
  • No, even once they replace the HDD with a better and higher capacity one :)1
  • No company does that where I live but ok, 0
  • Yes 1

6,25/9

*Adding more companies*

I would say giving you an upgrade counts as  goodies

I need colors for PH and ES..

Really unlucky... 5 faulty cards in a row.

Yep. Never had that happen to me before, so now I stay away from EVGA.

Spoiler

CPU: Intel Core i7 4790K @ 4.6 GHz

Motherboard: Asus ROG Maximus VII Hero

RAM: Corsair Vengeance 32 GB @ 1903 MHz

GPU: Nvidia GeForce GTX Titan X @ 1100 / 7030 MHz
Case: Corsair Obsidian 750D with the Ghetto LED 5000 lighting kit
Storage: 1TB Samsung 840 EVO
PSU: Corsair AX1200i
Display: Dell P2415Q
Cooling: Corsair H100i
Keyboard: Corsair Vengeance K95 RGB (Cherry MX Reds)
Mouse: Sharkk MMO Pro

Spoiler
Intel Core 2 Quad Q9550
Gigabyte GA-G41MT-S2PT
Arctic Freezer 7 Pro Rev 2
G.Skill Value 8 GB (1333 MHz)
Cooler Master N200
Seagate Barracuda 1 TB
Insignia 300W
Windows 7 Enterprise

Spoiler
Intel Core i3 3240
Asus P8Z77-V LX
4790K stock cooler with Cooler Master HTK-002 thermal paste
Corsair XMS3 4 GB (1333 MHz)
Cooler Master HAF 912
Seagate Barracuda 1 TB
Thermaltake TR2 430W
Windows 10 Pro

• Can be a copy, but only ask for it sometimes, usually if you registered online it's enough 0,5
  • It's via phone and confirmation via phone,SMS or e-mail. Never had to wait more than a day for a response 1
  • No, labs in Barcelona, but they cover shipping under warranty 0,5
  • As said only phone, but at least it doesn't take much time 0,75
  • Always 1
  • Up to 2 weeks so... 0,5
  • No, even once they replace the HDD with a better and higher capacity one :)1
  • No company does that where I live but ok, 0
  • Yes 1

6,25/9

This is a retailer

• You've to create an account... they hold a copy for the receipts asigned to you in their servers, so no. 1
  • They've a ticket system in their site + you receive notifications in your e-mail, therefore blazing fast service 1
  • This retailer only has a single warehouse, still inside Spain: 0,5
  • As said only e-mail and ticket, they've a phone but no for RMAs 0,5
  • Yes 1
  • Fast, as they receive it, they'll tell you, if there's no replacement stock or the manufacturer will take to much time they'll contact you to give you the option to switch to a different product or refund. This is extremelly handy if you bought lots of parts from them. 10/10=1
  • Nope. 1
  • As said, no BUT if you chose to change to a different product and there's ANY price difference (even if it's 1€) they'll deposit it into you account so... it's something 0,25
  • It's simplistic, but somehow it works so eh... 0,5

7,75/9 DAMN SON, didn't expect this high xD

•     Yes, but items can be registered online. 0,5
  •     IDK why but the three times I've contacted them it always took 2 days .-. 0,75
  •     If the device needs repair (no replacement) Huehuehue... liebe Deutschland xD0,25
  •     Don't try the phone... Don't. DON'T DO IT. But otherwise e-mail is ok. 0,5
  •     Yes. 0,5
  •     MAAAAAAAAAAAAAN, If I ever have to RMA a samsung device... I'll better try to fix it myself... Once I had to wait 8 freaking weaks... Are negative points even possible xD? If so the average for this would be: -0,75
  •     Nope. 1
  •     No. 0
  •     For TVs... 0,25

3/9 Kek... would try again if I want to be bored

Another retailer

• Same as Xtremmedia 1
  • IDK if they've phone, but they're online service still fast 1
  • Same as Xtremmedia 0,5
  • Online service 0,5
  • Yes 1
  • Fast 1
  • No 1
  • No 0
  • Yes 1

7/9 But I wish they had lower prices on their products and a bigger stock

@thekeemo

Finished.

Proceed.

oh damn..

does Xtremmedia sell outside ES?

ES,PT

PT?