Warranty support ratings.

thekeemo
12 hours ago, thekeemo said:

That is like 5 entries today

Anyway one person had his standards substantially lowered by HP to the point where a 4.75 was "the best experience ever" and G.Skill seems solid

regarding your comment @runit3 there is no "not sure" answer because the score cant be "this or this".

Makes sense, I just went with my best educated guess. I was surprised that no one else had a G.Skill experience, although with the quality of their products and the service I got, I don't think there's too many people out there motivated (in a bad way) to tell about their experience.

LanSyndicate Build | i5-6600k | ASRock OC Formula | G.Skill 3600MHz | Samsung 850 Evo | MSI R9-290X 8GB Alphacool Block | Enthoo Pro M | XTR Pro 750w | Custom Loop |

Daily | 5960X | X99 Sabertooth | G.Skill 3000MHz | 750 NVMe | 850 Evo | x2 WD Se 2TB | x2 Seagate 3TB | Sapphire R9-290X 8GB | Enthoo Primo | EVGA 1000G2 | Custom Loop |

Game Box | 4690K | Z97i-Plus | G.Skill 2400MHz | x2 840 Evo | GTX 970 shorty | Corsair 250D modded with H105 | EVGA 650w B2 |

XFX is decent.

They give gifts (not amazing ones but gifts nonetheless)

Thats that. If you need to get in touch chances are you can find someone that knows me that can get in touch.

10 hours ago, thekeemo said:

XFX is decent.

They give gifts (not amazing ones but gifts nonetheless)

First good thing I have ever heard regarding XFX CS.  :o

1 minute ago, stconquest said:

First good thing I have ever heard regarding XFX CS.  :o

I haven't heard much bad..

Thats that. If you need to get in touch chances are you can find someone that knows me that can get in touch.

1 minute ago, thekeemo said:

I haven't heard much bad..

Some friends had problems with MIRs, it skews my perception of them.  I know this though, it is just a bias that I fight off.

21 minutes ago, stconquest said:

Some friends had problems with MIRs, it skews my perception of them.  I know this though, it is just a bias that I fight off.

Actually that is interesting. I've never heard any mir stories.

On a side note I have heard of xfx being worse than it used to be due to cutting down on their warranty length.

It's been a couple weeks, but I finally got around to submitting my warranty experience with WD :)

Edit: @thekeemo, I wrote a bit much in my form. Sorry about that :/ But since it's fresh in my mind I wanted to give all the details

We have a NEW and GLORIOUSER-ER-ER PSU Tier List Now. (dammit @LukeSavenije stop coming up with new ones)

You can check out the old one that gave joy to so many across the land here

Computer having a hard time powering on? Troubleshoot it with this guide. (Currently looking for suggestions to update it into the context of <current year> and make it its own thread)

Computer Specs:

Spoiler

Mathresolvermajig: Intel Xeon E3 1240 (Sandy Bridge i7 equivalent)

Chillinmachine: Noctua NH-C14S
Framepainting-inator: EVGA GTX 1080 Ti SC2 Hybrid

Attachcorethingy: Gigabyte H61M-S2V-B3

Infoholdstick: Corsair 2x4GB DDR3 1333

Computerarmor: Silverstone RL06 "Lookalike"

Rememberdoogle: 1TB HDD + 120GB TR150 + 240 SSD Plus + 1TB MX500

AdditionalPylons: Phanteks AMP! 550W (based on Seasonic GX-550)

Letterpad: Rosewill Apollo 9100 (Cherry MX Red)

Buttonrodent: Razer Viper Mini + Huion H430P drawing Tablet

Auralnterface: Sennheiser HD 6xx

Liquidrectangles: LG 27UK850-W 4K HDR

4 minutes ago, Energycore said:

It's been a couple weeks, but I finally got around to submitting my warranty experience with WD :)

Edit: @thekeemo, I wrote a bit much in my form. Sorry about that :/ But since it's fresh in my mind I wanted to give all the details

no such thing as too much

oh cmon wd you were this close to a 9/9

2 minutes ago, thekeemo said:

oh cmon wd you were this close to a 9/9

What did they fuck up? If I may

We have a NEW and GLORIOUSER-ER-ER PSU Tier List Now. (dammit @LukeSavenije stop coming up with new ones)

Computer having a hard time powering on? Troubleshoot it with this guide. (Currently looking for suggestions to update it into the context of <current year> and make it its own thread)

Computer Specs:

Spoiler

Just now, Energycore said:

What did they fuck up? If I may

Receipt required.

1 minute ago, thekeemo said:

Receipt required.

I see. Yeah thankfully I learnt to keep my receipts in the same box as my unused hardware xD

I'll gladly give them the 8.5

Computer Specs:

Spoiler

1 minute ago, Energycore said:

I see. Yeah thankfully I learnt to keep my receipts in the same box as my unused hardware xD

I'll gladly give them the 8.5

Its a full point sorry :/

Its a pretty big one because they can be lost, you might live in a country without official resellers or you might have bought it used.

14 minutes ago, thekeemo said:

Its a full point sorry :/

Its a pretty big one because they can be lost, you might live in a country without official resellers or you might have bought it used.

Alright. I'm not sure the people I got the drive from are "official" resellers though :P

But they did require it and once submitted (even though it was in spanish and from a pretty sketchy store) didn't ask questions.

Computer Specs:

Spoiler

Now that my experience with Gigabyte and Razer is complete, I've submitted a form for each.

Gaming - Ryzen 5800X3D | 64GB 3200mhz  MSI 6900 XT Mini-ITX SFF Build

Home Server (Unraid OS) - Ryzen 2700x | 48GB 3200mhz |  EVGA 1060 6GB | 6TB SSD Cache [3x2TB] 66TB HDD [11x6TB]

On 6/26/2016 at 3:36 PM, thekeemo said:

2 new companies Razer and Bequiet! and  the best score for Gigabyte yet! @suchamoneypit @DarkBlade2117

Another example of goodies they sent instead of one fan they sent me two, which I only asked for one.

i7-6700k  Cooling: Deepcool Captain 240EX White GPU: GTX 1080Ti EVGA FTW3 Mobo: AsRock Z170 Extreme4 Case: Phanteks P400s TG Special Black/White PSU: EVGA 850w GQ Ram: 64GB (3200Mhz 16x4 Corsair Vengeance RGB) Storage 1x 1TB Seagate Barracuda 240GBSandisk SSDPlus, 480GB OCZ Trion 150, 1TB Crucial NVMe
(Rest of Specs on Profile)

1 minute ago, DarkBlade2117 said:

Another example of goodies they sent instead of one fan they sent me two, which I only asked for one.

Send me one! 212 fan dying..

3 hours ago, thekeemo said:

Send me one! 212 fan dying..

Looking to get a heatsink without a fan to save some cash lol

i7-6700k  Cooling: Deepcool Captain 240EX White GPU: GTX 1080Ti EVGA FTW3 Mobo: AsRock Z170 Extreme4 Case: Phanteks P400s TG Special Black/White PSU: EVGA 850w GQ Ram: 64GB (3200Mhz 16x4 Corsair Vengeance RGB) Storage 1x 1TB Seagate Barracuda 240GBSandisk SSDPlus, 480GB OCZ Trion 150, 1TB Crucial NVMe
(Rest of Specs on Profile)

I filled out another form (do you get a notification when someone does?), I finally decided to contact iOrange-E about a cable i bought around a month ago where the braiding separated after 4-5 days. Easiest, quickest replacement I've ever done ( the other cable i bought from them is fine, must have just been unlucky). Perfect experience in every way. The only con I can come up with is it gets shipped from their manufacturing facility in China (7-14 day shipping). Most pleasant company I've ever had to contact.

Gaming - Ryzen 5800X3D | 64GB 3200mhz  MSI 6900 XT Mini-ITX SFF Build

Home Server (Unraid OS) - Ryzen 2700x | 48GB 3200mhz |  EVGA 1060 6GB | 6TB SSD Cache [3x2TB] 66TB HDD [11x6TB]

On 6/29/2016 at 9:33 PM, suchamoneypit said:

I filled out another form (do you get a notification when someone does?), I finally decided to contact iOrange-E about a cable i bought around a month ago where the braiding separated after 4-5 days. Easiest, quickest replacement I've ever done ( the other cable i bought from them is fine, must have just been unlucky). Perfect experience in every way. The only con I can come up with is it gets shipped from their manufacturing facility in China (7-14 day shipping). Most pleasant company I've ever had to contact.

I do. I have just been travelling. Don't have my computer yet >.<

On 6/29/2016 at 9:33 PM, suchamoneypit said:

Yay computer is back 

Anyway going to your comment about the goodies section I feel it is necessary to be there to reward the companies that do it.

IMG_20160702_213033.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

3 zeroes in a row for GB.. ouch

Im going to start work on a warranty fact sheet.

• 4 weeks later...

been a while since I got a response

anyway corsair was good until they made the person pay for two way shipping on a power supply and then downgraded him

edit: wasnt done through corsair was done through retailer

Bought a 6700k a while ago, tried a few different boards before I found out I actually had a dead in the box 6700k.

RMA'd it with Intel, got my current 5ghz capable 6700k. I opted for the express RMA when offered. I got sent the new one, they got sent my old junk one. 

No real issues, it was done and over with in a few days. I just reused the box they sent me for the new one, to send my old one back.

-----------------------------------------------------

Razer RMA 

More recently I RMA'd my Razer Mamba TE. It was having issues, tried everything suggested by their support team before RMA'ing. Nothing worked, RMA'd it.  They received it July 20th. Aug 1st I had to call HQ to find out a number for customer support. Customer Support was absolutely fucking clueless. 

Eventually got in contact with them through email, albeit very poorly emailed by them. Asked what was going on, got told that the Mamba TE was on backorder, and it would be a few weeks. No original email from them by the way, I found that out while talking to them. 

I asked if I could just exchange it for a similarly priced mouse to speed it up. It only took 10 emails to confirm that I was ok with receiving a Deathadder Chroma(which I like more now that i'm using it). I finally received the new mouse yesterday.

3 weeks or so on a RMA for a mouse. If this new Razer mouse dies, I'm going with a different company, one thats a little more professional when it comes to RMA's.  That actually emails the customer to say "hey we're on backorder with that, sorry about the delay" instead of Razer's approach to it, which was to say nothing, and just let me wait.

The Mamba TE and now this Deathadder will be my last Razer product. Period. Their poor customer service has kept me away.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

ASROCK

While building a PC for a friend. He bought the parts, just sent them to me so I could build it then give it to him.

He bought the ASRock Z170 Fatality ITX board they have. I opened the shipping box, opened the mobo box and it was bent pins RIGHT out of the box. So I called ASRock for him asking about it. They basically said "bent pins = no warranty and fuck off". 

Luckily Newegg was a little more friendly and took it back. Prior to this I've never dealt with ASRock before, but again like Razer, it's something I'll be staying away from.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

G Skill

I bought some of their new x99 ram to compliment my black/white x99 build I have. I noticed I didn't receive any stickers. (my little cousin loves PC stickers) So I emailed them about getting some so she could have some PC stickers for her collection.

2 weeks later, not only did I receive multiple G Skill stickers for her, but a small G Skill tshirt  and a cup too.  I only emailed them because she wanted the stickers. I give her all my stickers from PC parts that I dont use so she can collect them along with all kinds of other stickers she gets everywhere. 

They went above and beyond for her, all about an email just asking if I could get 1 sticker for her collection.  Hence why I love them and will continue to buy their products. (Plus I love the way the Trident RAM looks, in every color)