CoD Black Ops III - 12 GB RAM and GTX 980Ti not enough

According to this, the 390 and 390x will probably be running this better than a 980 ti and the conclusion you came to is that this is a blow to AMD and more specifically Fury owners? This is a blow to EVERYONE. There's no reason a 970 should not be running this underwhelming looking game at 1440p - 1600p if not 4k. No one on PC should be buying this unoptimized garbage. Do you have withdrawal symptoms or something when you don't bash AMD?

CPU i7 6700 Cooling Cryorig H7 Motherboard MSI H110i Pro AC RAM Kingston HyperX Fury 16GB DDR4 2133 GPU Pulse RX 5700 XT Case Fractal Design Define Mini C Storage Trascend SSD370S 256GB + WD Black 320GB + Sandisk Ultra II 480GB + WD Blue 1TB PSU EVGA GS 550 Display Nixeus Vue24B FreeSync 144 Hz Monitor (VESA mounted) Keyboard Aorus K3 Mechanical Keyboard Mouse Logitech G402 OS Windows 10 Home 64 bit

But who plays cod on pc.......

I do. and I regret it

but its stull much fun

~New~  BoomBerryPi project !  ~New~

new build log : http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/533392-build-log-the-scrap-simulator-x/?p=7078757 (5 screen flight sim for 620$ CAD)LTT Web Challenge is back ! go here  :  http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/448184-ltt-web-challenge-3-v21/#entry601004

From a technical standpoint it's still basically pure garbage. There is a reason everyone else is developing new engines all the time. The limits of an engine are not about how good the models can get or how many lighting effects it can use, but in how efficiently it can do those things. Continuing to strap on stuff that it wasn't designed to support not only won't look nearly as good as on a modern engine, it will also kill performance for no reason. With the mountain of money they make each year they could comfortably afford to write a new engine or at least license unreal or something, hell id tech 6 is a thing now, they could license that. But no.

id tech 3 masterrace, John Carmack will be proud /s (probably not)

If you want to reply back to me or someone else USE THE QUOTE BUTTON!                                                      
Pascal laptops guide

Ahhhhh, so that's why IGN rates all AAA titles as so good... it's not an approval rating, it's how much MEMORY the damn thing uses... 10/10GB.

Why are their programmers so sloppy at optimizing games like this? Are they running uncompressed 8K textures downsampled to 1440p? Are they being whipped for not making deadlines, so they put together a load of spaghetti code and call it a day?

AAA programmers, you need to work for a non-sociopathic company. Your companies do not care about their customers and it's going to lose them the market.

I do. and I regret it

but its stull much fun

Aha, I played the cod AW when it was free and uninstalled after 1 game!

If you want a reply PLEASE QUOTE ME!

WE NEED CUSTOM MEMBER TITLES AGAIN!!!!!

Member title post link!

Now we got to wait for modders to fix things instead of the developer actually doing a good job. *Sigh* This generation of Video Games for the most part is nothing but trying to rehash as much bullshit without taking actual time to get things done correctly, instead we are exposed to a generation of Video Game Devs who are lazy pieces of shit who won't do anything new or refeshing, as long as they get a fat wallet screw the fanbase and everyone else.

NEVER GIVE UP. NEVER STOP LEARNING. DONT LET THE PAST HURT YOU. YOU CAN DOOOOO IT

id tech 3 masterrace, John Carmack will be proud /s (probably not)

in its defence it held up incredibly well considering it's from 1999, but at some point it must give up the ghost ^^

Don't ask to ask, just ask... please 🤨

sudo chmod -R 000 /*

all hail dual 390x

all hail

At least I know I can play it well on 1080p :P

Someone told Luke and Linus at CES 2017 to "Unban the legend known as Jerakl" and that's about all I've got going for me. (It didn't work)

Was Treyarch ON CRACK?! Plus, based on how HBM works, wouldn't it be able to handle it despite having the lack of VRAM? But still... WAS TREYARCH ON CRACK WHEN THEY DID THIS? WHEN DID COD NEED TO BE THIS GLOSSY WHEN 1.) DOESN'T LOOK LIKE IT AND 2.) DOESN'T NEED TO BE?

I miss you good ol' mw2 times..

Those days are long gone...but MW, MW2 and MW3 are still up and a lot of fun when you have dumb friends to play with. :)

MARS_PROJECT V2 --- RYZEN RIG

Spoiler

CPU: R5 1600 @3.7GHz 1.27V | Cooler: Corsair H80i Stock Fans@900RPM | Motherboard: Gigabyte AB350 Gaming 3 | RAM: 8GB DDR4 2933MHz(Vengeance LPX) | GPU: MSI Radeon R9 380 Gaming 4G | Sound Card: Creative SB Z | HDD: 500GB WD Green + 1TB WD Blue | SSD: Samsung 860EVO 250GB  + AMD R3 120GB | PSU: Super Flower Leadex Gold 750W 80+Gold(fully modular) | Case: NZXT  H440 2015   | Display: Dell P2314H | Keyboard: Redragon Yama | Mouse: Logitech G Pro | Headphones: Sennheiser HD-569

RAM or VRAM!? cuz' I know PS2 had a very serious memory (RAM) leak - stopped playing it because of SONY ignored it; they just made the exe in x86-64 flavor  <_<

RAM, although it probably hurts vram aswell.

My build : http://uk.pcpartpicker.com/p/Ck8VkL

[spoiler spoiler=Crimson Skyline]  My build: http://uk.pcpartpicker.com/p/Ck8VkL | I5-6600K | Hyper 212 Evo | Asus Z170 Pro Gaming + ROG Front Base | Axevir Core Series Red 2X8 2400 | Sandisk SSD Plus 240 GB | Western Digital 1TB Blue | MSI R9 390 | Corsair 760T | Corsair 850 RMI | Dell U2515H IPS | Hyper X II Cloud Red | Corsair K95 RGB | Logitech G602 |

[spoiler spoiler=Laptop] I7 3232QM | Nvidia GT635M | 17.6" TN | 1TB HD | 6GB RAM

Ahhhhh, so that's why IGN rates all AAA titles as so good... it's not an approval rating, it's how much MEMORY the damn thing uses... 10/10GB.

Why are their programmers so sloppy at optimizing games like this? Are they running uncompressed 8K textures downsampled to 1440p? Are they being whipped for not making deadlines, so they put together a load of spaghetti code and call it a day?

AAA programmers, you need to work for a non-sociopathic company. Your companies do not care about their customers and it's going to lose them the market.

Despite having three developers that are always rotating, I wonder if Activision every really gives them actual time to optimise the game.

I never have any problems with memory leakage when I play, guess they fixed it.

It uses up 4K here, on poor settings and lagging at about 20 FPS, I hate laptops. xD

My build : http://uk.pcpartpicker.com/p/Ck8VkL

[spoiler spoiler=Crimson Skyline]  My build: http://uk.pcpartpicker.com/p/Ck8VkL | I5-6600K | Hyper 212 Evo | Asus Z170 Pro Gaming + ROG Front Base | Axevir Core Series Red 2X8 2400 | Sandisk SSD Plus 240 GB | Western Digital 1TB Blue | MSI R9 390 | Corsair 760T | Corsair 850 RMI | Dell U2515H IPS | Hyper X II Cloud Red | Corsair K95 RGB | Logitech G602 |

[spoiler spoiler=Laptop] I7 3232QM | Nvidia GT635M | 17.6" TN | 1TB HD | 6GB RAM

Those days are long gone...but MW, MW2 and MW3 are still up and a lot of fun when you have dumb friends to play with. :)

MW had this potential, imho, to be as competitive as CS:Source or CS:GO are said to be. If it weren't for some perks, it would've been an awesome alternative to CS.

MW2 had the chaos, the fun, it made me feel like a game should be just plain out fun and chaotic... despite that the game balancing is twitchy for most of it.

MW3 was pretty much giving the chaos a tighter leash. It felt like it was trying to be more serious than MW, along with its flaws, but keep all the fun, along with the headaches, of MW2. It was an interesting MW.

This is why I don't play AAA games. Not EVER. Because they're just so poorly made and the companies don't care, because they're going to make millions anyway. They're sociopaths.

With the exception of the Elder Scrolls games. The modding community turned Skyrim from a washed out console game into easily one of the most popular PC games out there.

Indie games are where it's at. And it's not a load of cartoony 2D platformers. The Indie sector of game development goes all the way to masterpieces like the Witcher series. I have way more fun playing Goldeneye: Source than I do playing a shitty, unoptimized AAA title.

Developers and companies these days don't care about optimizations at all.

If the game launches that's enough for them.

Rig:Crimson Impaler | CPU: i3 4160 | Cooler: CM Hyper TX3 Evo | Motherboard: Asrock B85M - DGS | RAM: Kingston Hyper X Savage 16GB kit (2x8) DDR3 1600MHZ CL9 | GPU: Asus Radeon R7 360 | PSU: Corsair CX 430 V2 | Storage: HDD WD 1TB Blue | Case: Delux DLC-MG866

~Half the world is composed of idiots, the other half of people clever enough to take indecent advantage of them.~

all these broken (unoptimized) pc games lately are making me wanna buy a god damn console... and i might do it even if i hate them so much... stoopid game developers.. FFS

Intel Core i7 7800x @ 5.0 Ghz with 1.305 volts (really good chip), Mesh OC @ 3.3 Ghz, Fractal Design Celsius S36, Asrock X299 Killer SLI/ac, 16 GB Adata XPG Z1 OCed to  3600 Mhz , Aorus  RX 580 XTR 8G, Samsung 950 evo, Win 10 Home - loving it :D

Had a Ryzen before ... but  a bad bios flash killed it :(

MSI GT72S Dominator Pro G - i7 6820HK, 980m SLI, Gsync, 1080p, 16 GB RAM, 2x128 GB SSD + 1TB HDD, Win 10 home

I think it's becoming increasingly obvious that AAA developers don't give a shit about releasing a good, complete, working product anymore and would rather release a broken product that people will buy anyway because "Oh, they'll fix it later" or a product with tons of missing content that they'll sell later as DLC. Either way so they can make a quick buck or thousand off of blind idiots who can't tell if they're being lied to or not even if the lie came up to them and bit them in the ass later.

Why the fuck people defend this, I don't know, but it's encouraging this anti-consumer behavior and needs to stop.

LOL 4-5 years ago games used to be 5-6-7 GBs now they use 8 GB+ RAM and 5 GB+ VRAM :D LOL not talking about size :D

Computer users fall into two groups:
those that do backups
those that have never had a hard drive fail.

this has to be piss poorly optimised.....CoD isnt that good looking

this is what i was thinking when i saw the title. like shit how lazy can you be and still get a damn paycheck these days damn

I see another game taking a page out of Arkham Knight PC's development methods eh?

This is soooo gonna go well this time.