Diablo 2, Starcraft and Warcraft 3 HD Remakes Possibly Coming!

Samfisher

As long as they don't also update to always online DRM and real money auction house.

The auction house not likely, but I doubt they won't make you sign in online to play, similar to current SC2 and Diablo 3.

As long as I can select more than 12 units at a time in SC I'll be happy :P

But... That's part of the charm with the original StarCraft that forced you to macromanage like nothing else out there.

Also, NUFF NUFF MINERALS.

Make it compatible with modern systems and future systems and integrating into the new Battle.net system :D

But why would anyone want that? The new Battle.net with that horrible launcher sucks ass. I got it on an SSD and it still takes like 15 seconds to launch. That's in a best case scenario as well. A lot of times it wants to update or it has troubles signing me in, in which case it adds several minutes to the launch time. Hearthstone only takes ~5 seconds to launch but because of the launcher it takes about 20-30.

Just give me a regular shortcut.

But why would anyone want that? The new Battle.net with that horrible launcher sucks ass. I got it on an SSD and it still takes like 15 seconds to launch. That's in a best case scenario as well. A lot of times it wants to update or it has troubles signing me in, in which case it adds several minutes to the launch time. Hearthstone only takes ~5 seconds to launch but because of the launcher it takes about 20-30.

Just give me a regular shortcut.

What?  Mine launches instantly.  You have a fucked up installation.

QUOTE ME IN A REPLY SO I CAN SEE THE NOTIFICATION!

When there is no danger of failure there is no pleasure in success.

they didn't fix selection or unit pathing is the aoe2 remaster so unfortunately I doubt that will happen

Considering that AOE 2 Remaster was made by a completely different developer, published by a completely different publisher, I fail to see how that would be relevant to what Blizzard may or may not due.

For Sale: Meraki Bundle

iPhone Xr 128 GB Product Red - HP Spectre x360 13" (i5 - 8 GB RAM - 256 GB SSD) - HP ZBook 15v G5 15" (i7-8850H - 16 GB RAM - 512 GB SSD - NVIDIA Quadro P600)

I don't know if this is a good move. I think remakes are good when they can improve upon the original game. For example like in Pokemon FireRed where the underlying mechanics got upgraded. I don't see what they could do with Diablo 2 other than make the graphics better. Making the graphics better would kind of ruin the feel of the game. Especially if they make it cartoon-ish like Diablo 3.

I disagree, they could reskin d2 and it would be amazing. Maybe a few mechanic tweaks but 1.10 onward was superb. The random dungeon generation is still second to none.

Intel 4670K /w TT water 2.0 performer, GTX 1070FE, Gigabyte Z87X-DH3, Corsair HX750, 16GB Mushkin 1333mhz, Fractal R4 Windowed, Varmilo mint TKL, Logitech m310, HP Pavilion 23bw, Logitech 2.1 Speakers

War3 and Diab2 being remade would make my life better.

Life would be complete, basically.

Intel 4670K /w TT water 2.0 performer, GTX 1070FE, Gigabyte Z87X-DH3, Corsair HX750, 16GB Mushkin 1333mhz, Fractal R4 Windowed, Varmilo mint TKL, Logitech m310, HP Pavilion 23bw, Logitech 2.1 Speakers

Considering that AOE 2 Remaster was made by a completely different developer, published by a completely different publisher, I fail to see how that would be relevant to what Blizzard may or may not due.

I know, it's just that unless they rewrite the engine or use a different one things like these are difficult to fix - they usually go way deeper than a configuration file. Since an hd remaster usually doesn't bother changing the engine that deeply I'm afraid it won't happen.

Don't ask to ask, just ask... please 🤨

sudo chmod -R 000 /*

I know, it's just that unless they rewrite the engine or use a different one things like these are difficult to fix - they usually go way deeper than a configuration file. Since an hd remaster usually doesn't bother changing the engine that deeply I'm afraid it won't happen.

I can't imagine that allowing more than 12 units selection would be a core game engine issue.

If they are going to completely overhaul the UI (Likely) to match SC2, I imagine they could fix the selection issue.

For Sale: Meraki Bundle

iPhone Xr 128 GB Product Red - HP Spectre x360 13" (i5 - 8 GB RAM - 256 GB SSD) - HP ZBook 15v G5 15" (i7-8850H - 16 GB RAM - 512 GB SSD - NVIDIA Quadro P600)

A HD remake isn't just a texture wrap, it's a whole engine redesign.  When has a HD remake used the same engine, ever...?

So... HD Diablo 2 Cow Level. Sign me up.

I also hope they make remakes of other games, War 1 & 2 and original Diablo. And Frozen Throne, that goes w/o saying.

The ability to google properly is a skill of its own. 

That reminds me, I need to get Starcraft-my Riva TNT2 16MB can play it (I've already got WCIII+FT and Diablo1+2+expansions).

"We also blind small animals with cosmetics.
We do not sell cosmetics. We just blind animals."

"Please don't mistake us for Equifax. Those fuckers are evil"

This PSA brought to you by Equifacks.
PMSL

What?  Mine launches instantly.  You have a fucked up installation.

So from a fresh boot without the Battle.net launcher running, it opens as soon as you press the button? It doesn't even take 1 second before you see the Play button and can launch the game? You're 100% sure you don't have it running in the background? I find that very hard to believe.

Mine takes several seconds even though it's on an SSD. It's also using 104MB of RAM just sitting in the background doing nothing.

So from a fresh boot without the Battle.net launcher running, it opens as soon as you press the button? It doesn't even take 1 second before you see the Play button and can launch the game? You're 100% sure you don't have it running in the background? I find that very hard to believe.

Mine takes several seconds even though it's on an SSD. It's also using 104MB of RAM just sitting in the background doing nothing.

Why wouldn't you want it running in the background all the time anyway?  I chat with my B.Net friends all the time, and the auto updated works fantastic for when I'm away from my PC and whatever it is is ready to play when I get back from work/shower/lunch etc.

Why wouldn't you want it running in the background all the time anyway?  I chat with my B.Net friends all the time, and the auto updated works fantastic for when I'm away from my PC and whatever it is is ready to play when I get back from work/shower/lunch etc.

So when you said that it starts instantly for you, you meant "it starts instantly if I already have it running"? What a surprise...

I don't use it for chatting or anything other than starting HearthStone. If you use the extra functionality then good for you. For me all it does is add extra time for HS to start.

It would be nice if it was an optional program instead of forced.

So when you said that it starts instantly for you, you meant "it starts instantly if I already have it running"? What a surprise...

I don't use it for chatting or anything other than starting HearthStone. If you use the extra functionality then good for you. For me all it does is add extra time for HS to start.

It would be nice if it was an optional program instead of forced.

Well you are the few that do not have it running all the time TBH.  I have over 100 friends on B.Net, with 20-30 online at any time so the client itself is an important part for me, and many others who have been with Blizzard on other games.

would be nice if they did it for all their games ie Warcraft 2 ...

Processor: Intel core i7 930 @3.6  Mobo: Asus P6TSE  GPU: EVGA GTX 680 SC  RAM:12 GB G-skill Ripjaws 2133@1333  SSD: Intel 335 240gb  HDD: Seagate 500gb

Monitors: 2x Samsung 245B  Keyboard: Blackwidow Ultimate   Mouse: Zowie EC1 Evo   Mousepad: Goliathus Alpha  Headphones: MMX300  Case: Antec DF-85

As long as I can select more than 12 units at a time in SC I'll be happy :P

To do so you must construct additional pylons.

COMIC SANS

My childhood! Yes!

CPU: Ryzen 5 3600X            | Cooler: Deepcool AK400      | Motherboard: B550 Elite AX V2  | Storage: Samsung 980 Pro 1TB  |

RAM: Corsair Vengeance 16GB   | GPU: MSI RTX 3060 Ti        | Case: NZXT H440 (Red/Black)    | PSU: EVGA 650W G2             |

And here I was planning on purcahsing the D2 and SC battle chests next week. Might still do it for the books. But how much will it cost i wonder?

I loved D2 LoD more than D3. I better get my click on or I might get carpal tunnel.

Desktop: ARX-Laevatein : soon to be ARX-8 http://au.pcpartpicker.com/p/8RyhHx

Custom Aurora R4 ALX case + Caselabs Merlin Pedestal | i7- 4820k @ 4.8 Ghz | Asus Rampage IV Gene Mobo | 16gb Corsair Dominator Platinum | EVGA/Gigabyte 12GB Titan X SLI | 128GB Samsung 850 Pro + 1TB Samsung 850 Pro + 2x WD RED 3TB| EVGA 1200 P2 PSU | Win 10 | Razer Black Widow Chroma | Corsair M95 | Asus ROG Swift PG278Q | Sennheiser G4ME ZERO White

Laptop: M17x R4 Stealth Black :

i7-3940xm | 32 Gb G.Skill Ripjaws | 8Gb GTX 880m | Killer Wireless N-1103 | 500Gb Samsung 840 EVO, 1TB WD 5400rpm + 32Gb Msata SSD Cache | 1920 x 1080 120Hz 3D screen | DVDRWBD | Sound Blaster recon 3Di | M18x 330w PSU | Win 7 Ultimate | Zalman ZM-NC11 Black | Corsair Vengeance K70 RGB | Razer Mamba 2012 | Sennheiser PC 363D 7.1 Headset