Diablo 2, Starcraft and Warcraft 3 HD Remakes Possibly Coming!

Samfisher

Lol that first comparison is art style simply not in game, and still original haves creep factor in it.

Marine one better to compare, but I'm talking about overall art style between the two games. SC2 is clearly different type of approach in art style. It's not just in 3D everything is kind of less dark, more zoomed in and overlarged and rounded.

Same thinf D3 and D2

And there's nothing wrong with any of this.

QUOTE ME IN A REPLY SO I CAN SEE THE NOTIFICATION!

When there is no danger of failure there is no pleasure in success.

so blizzard is apparently going full ubisoft.... they are going to give those games better graphics and charge full price again like 40-50 euros... gg 

With the amount of time and money they're going to spending recreating just one of those games they're fully justified with selling full price. They have to create all new assets, recode/redesign every bit of game logic, modify one of their existing engines, redesign every bit of the game to fit with their technological capabilities. 

They're making a whole new game and because the general theme as well as dialogue is going to (most likely) stay the same you deem it as too expensive. They have every god damn right to charge full price for what they're going to have to do to bring the games to any modern standard because 99% of the original will be completely unusable in a remake.

CPU: Intel i7 - 5820k @ 4.5GHz, Cooler: Corsair H80i, Motherboard: MSI X99S Gaming 7, RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 32GB DDR4 2666MHz CL16,

GPU: ASUS GTX 980 Strix, Case: Corsair 900D, PSU: Corsair AX860i 860W, Keyboard: Logitech G19, Mouse: Corsair M95, Storage: Intel 730 Series 480GB SSD, WD 1.5TB Black

Display: BenQ XL2730Z 2560x1440 144Hz

And there's nothing wrong with any of this.

Well, most players that played their old games agree with me and don't like Blizzards new games art style at all. As far as SC2 D3 since they're serial, not new IP.

And yeah, there are those that like it or don't care about it at all, but oh well, whatever.

| Ryzen 7 7800X3D | AM5 B650 Aorus Elite AX | G.Skill Trident Z5 Neo RGB DDR5 32GB 6000MHz C30 | Sapphire PULSE Radeon RX 7900 XTX | Samsung 990 PRO 1TB with heatsink | Arctic Liquid Freezer II 360 | Seasonic Focus GX-850 | Lian Li Lanccool III | Mousepad: Skypad 3.0 XL / Zowie GTF-X | Mouse: Zowie S1-C | Keyboard: Ducky One 3 TKL (Cherry MX-Speed-Silver)Beyerdynamic MMX 300 (2nd Gen) | Acer XV272U | OS: Windows 11 |

Well, most players that played their old games agree with me and don't like Blizzards new games art style at all. As far as SC2 D3 since they're serial, not new IP.

And yeah, there are those that like it or don't care about it at all, but oh well, whatever.

I don't particularly like Warcraft - never got into the series - but I don't know anyone who dislikes the SC2 art style. I also don't know many people who even own D3, but looking at screen shots, and gameplay footage, I like the D3 art style just as much as the D1 and D2 art style. I played D1 way more than D2 and D3, so I have a particular amount of nostalgia for D1 over the others.

For Sale: Meraki Bundle

iPhone Xr 128 GB Product Red - HP Spectre x360 13" (i5 - 8 GB RAM - 256 GB SSD) - HP ZBook 15v G5 15" (i7-8850H - 16 GB RAM - 512 GB SSD - NVIDIA Quadro P600)

I don't particularly like Warcraft - never got into the series - but I don't know anyone who dislikes the SC2 art style. I also don't know many people who even own D3, but looking at screen shots, and gameplay footage, I like the D3 art style just as much as the D1 and D2 art style. I played D1 way more than D2 and D3, so I have a particular amount of nostalgia for D1 over the others.

Still, there's no disproof that SC1 and D2 were more darker than SC2 and D3 in color palette and structural.

| Ryzen 7 7800X3D | AM5 B650 Aorus Elite AX | G.Skill Trident Z5 Neo RGB DDR5 32GB 6000MHz C30 | Sapphire PULSE Radeon RX 7900 XTX | Samsung 990 PRO 1TB with heatsink | Arctic Liquid Freezer II 360 | Seasonic Focus GX-850 | Lian Li Lanccool III | Mousepad: Skypad 3.0 XL / Zowie GTF-X | Mouse: Zowie S1-C | Keyboard: Ducky One 3 TKL (Cherry MX-Speed-Silver)Beyerdynamic MMX 300 (2nd Gen) | Acer XV272U | OS: Windows 11 |

Still, there's no disproof that SC1 and D2 were more darker than SC2 and D3 in color palette and structural.

They were limited by the systems at the time more than anything really.  Sure, they went the dark gothic way in D1 and D2, but it was as much their intent as it was the inability to work with more with what they had at the time.

QUOTE ME IN A REPLY SO I CAN SEE THE NOTIFICATION!

When there is no danger of failure there is no pleasure in success.

if D2 gets an HD remake, ill be buying it.  I hope they dont take away from the dark and creepy look of it though.  i wasnt a big fan of the artstyle in D3, im not saying it was bad, i just dont feel like it fit.

How do Reavers clean their spears?

|Specs in profile|

The Wheel of Time turns, and Ages come and pass, leaving memories that become legend. Legend fades to myth, and even myth is long forgotten when the Age that gave it birth comes again.

There's also no proof of the opposite, so I guess we are at an impasse :P

For Sale: Meraki Bundle

iPhone Xr 128 GB Product Red - HP Spectre x360 13" (i5 - 8 GB RAM - 256 GB SSD) - HP ZBook 15v G5 15" (i7-8850H - 16 GB RAM - 512 GB SSD - NVIDIA Quadro P600)

They were limited by the systems at the time more than anything really.  Sure, they went the dark gothic way in D1 and D2, but it was as much their intent as it was the inability to work with more with what they had at the time.

It was made by old team, which also Blizzard though they were to dark with design. I remember this, also I love each game from series and enjoy them, but what would be nice is more gothic style in terms of visual art. Like some characters, and some creeps like specific zombies and such. 

There's also no proof of the opposite, so I guess we are at an impasse :P

Well just videos of both to compare different places in the worlds etc.