Diablo 2, Starcraft and Warcraft 3 HD Remakes Possibly Coming!

Samfisher

Source : http://manaflask.com/articles/diablo-2-starcraft-and-warcraft-3-hd-remakes-coming

rX1ABfN.png

A new job announcement has brought to light Blizzard's plans for revitalizing some of their classic games. As HD remakes are all the rage nowadays, it makes sense to get into that market, and luckily for us we all get to benefit! While the games all still playable today, a visual bump as well as integration into the new battle.net system will definitely do wonders for these games and hopefully will introduce younger audiences to the games that made Blizzard the powerhouse they are today.

Compelling stories. Intense multiplayer. Endless replayability. Qualities that made StarCraft, Warcraft III, and Diablo II the titans of their day. Evolving operating systems, hardware, and online services have made them more difficult to be experienced by their loyal followers or reaching a new generation.

We’re restoring them to glory, and we need your engineering talents, your passion, and your ability to get tough jobs done.

So if you like wearing many hats, know small teams are the most effective, and look forward to challenges that will create millions of new adventures for our players: we would love to hear from you.

Responsibilities

• Make gameplay first again on modern operating systems.
  • Create conditions for experiences that look as good as they play.
  • Own implementation and curation of features new and old.
  • Combat hacking to improve multiplayer.
  • Diagnose and fix all the things: crashes, deadlocks, overflows, heap corruptions, etc.

I know many people frown on HD remakes, but these games are absolute classics for millions of fans and both a HD remake anintegration into the Battle.Net client would breathe A LOT of life into the franchise and to keep them running smoothly on modern OS's and for future OS's to come as well.  Pretty excited!

QUOTE ME IN A REPLY SO I CAN SEE THE NOTIFICATION!

When there is no danger of failure there is no pleasure in success.

might be more of an update to the older games that are using battle.net.

Would be nice for the people that have the "legacy" games and still getting HD out of them.

May the light have your back and your ISO low.

As long as I can select more than 12 units at a time in SC I'll be happy :P

What a preposterous idea!

I know many people frown on HD remakes, but these games are absolute classics for millions of fans and both a HD remake anintegration into the Battle.Net client would breathe A LOT of life into the franchise and to keep them running smoothly on modern OS's and for future OS's to come as well.  Pretty excited!

Diablo 2 and Warcraft 3 started with battle.net at release...I don't know about starcraft, though.

TAKE MY MONEY!!!!!!

And the always Online time ;)

Nope...don't needed. Diablo 2 is one of the last really LAN Party Games.

And this is where it begins...

Hollywood has bled into the Gaming industry...

Oh well.

Except there are genuine concerns about running these games on modern systems, and for future systems as well while integrating it into Battle.Net

Diablo 2 and Warcraft 3 started with battle.net at release...I don't know about starcraft, though.

Not the Battle.Net client and the B.Net they are connected to are the depreciated versions and no longer maintained.

And this is where it begins...

Hollywood has bled into the Gaming industry...

Oh well.

Eh, I can watch my old movies on my new TV.  I can't play my old games on my new computer.

Usually cause I can't find my old discs though, lol.

Eh, I can watch my old movies on my new TV.  I can't play my old games on my new computer.

Usually cause I can't find my old discs though, lol.

And sooner or later these games will be like how Warcraft 2 runs on Win7, at hyper speed cos they were locked to CPU clock speeds.

Diablo II....

I finally got out, and they pull me the fuck back in!

ExMachina (2016-Present) i7-6700k/GTX970/32GB RAM/250GB SSD

Picard II (2015-Present) Surface Pro 4 i5-6300U/8GB RAM/256GB SSD

LlamaBox (2014-Present) i7-4790k/GTX 980Ti/16GB RAM/500GB SSD/Asus ROG Swift

Kronos (2009-2014) i7-920/GTX680/12GB RAM/120GB SSD

inb4 they add Candy Crush style microtransactions

Buy Blizzard points for a chance of getting Legendary Loot!!!!

inb4 they add Candy Crush style microtransactions

Buy Blizzard points for a chance of getting Legendary Loot!!!!

Blizzard has 0 history of doing this, so... FYI..

An HD remake of WarCraft 1 and 2 would be amazing. Too bad that will never happen :(

PC Audio Setup = Beyerdynamic DT 770 pro 80 ohm and Sennheiser pc37x (also for xbox) hooked up to Schiit Fulla 3

An HD remake of WarCraft 1 and 2 would be amazing. Too bad that will never happen :(

Once they have a team for remakes, they may very well do them!  Warcraft 1 and 2 are practically impossible to play on modern systems now.

I would purchase a StarCraft remake if it was done in the sc2 engine and all the cinematics were also redone.

I just hope they keep all the original balancing for single player, but add in. UI tweaks, like being able to select any number of units at once.

As others have mentioned, being limited to 12 units is ridiculous.

For Sale: Meraki Bundle

iPhone Xr 128 GB Product Red - HP Spectre x360 13" (i5 - 8 GB RAM - 256 GB SSD) - HP ZBook 15v G5 15" (i7-8850H - 16 GB RAM - 512 GB SSD - NVIDIA Quadro P600)

I don't know if this is a good move. I think remakes are good when they can improve upon the original game. For example like in Pokemon FireRed where the underlying mechanics got upgraded. I don't see what they could do with Diablo 2 other than make the graphics better. Making the graphics better would kind of ruin the feel of the game. Especially if they make it cartoon-ish like Diablo 3.

As long as I can select more than 12 units at a time in SC I'll be happy :P

they didn't fix selection or unit pathing is the aoe2 remaster so unfortunately I doubt that will happen

Don't ask to ask, just ask... please 🤨

sudo chmod -R 000 /*

I don't know if this is a good move. I think remakes are good when they can improve upon the original game. For example like in Pokemon FireRed where the underlying mechanics got upgraded. I don't see what they could do with Diablo 2 other than make the graphics better. Making the graphics better would kind of ruin the feel of the game. Especially if they make it cartoon-ish like Diablo 3.

Make it compatible with modern systems and future systems and integrating into the new Battle.net system :D

HD remake! Yes please! Specially Diablo and Warcraft series.

Command Center:

Case: Corsair 900D; PSU: Corsair AX1200i; Mobo: ASUS Rampage IV Black Edition; CPU: i7-3970x; CPU Cooler: Corsair H100i; GPU: 2x ASUS DCII GTX780Ti OC; RAM: Corsair Dominator Platinum 64GB (8x8) 2133MHz CL9; Speaker: Logitech Z2300; HDD 1: Samsung 840 EVO 500GB; HDD 2: 2x Samsung 540 EVO 500GB (Raid 0); HDD 3: 2x Seagate Barracuda 3TB (Raid 0); Monitor 1: LG 42" LED TV; Monitor 2: BenQ XL2420TE; Headphones 1: Denon AH-D7000Headphones 2Audio-Technica AD1000PRMHeadphones 3Sennheiser Momentum Over-EarHeadsetSteelseries Siberia Elite; Keyboard: Corsair Strafe RBG; Mouse: Steelseries Rival 300; Other: Macbook Pro 15 Retina (Mid-2014), PlayStation 4, Nexus 7 32GB (2014), iPhone 6 64GB, Samsung Galaxy S6 64GB

I'll be playing Diablo 2 then.

ROG X570-F Strix AMD R9 5900X | EK Elite 360 | EVGA 3080 FTW3 Ultra | G.Skill Trident Z Neo 64gb | Samsung 980 PRO 
ROG Strix XG349C Corsair 4000 | Bose C5 | ROG Swift PG279Q

Logitech G810 Orion Sennheiser HD 518 |  Logitech 502 Hero

Except there are genuine concerns about running these games on modern systems, and for future systems as well while integrating it into Battle.Net

Not the Battle.Net client and the B.Net they are connected to are the depreciated versions and no longer maintained.

Yeah. Diablo II is so old it uses fixed function pipeline programming.

Software Engineer for Suncorp (Australia), Computer Tech Enthusiast, Miami University Graduate, Nerd