Fury X now equal to 980 ti @1440p and superior @4k

potoooooooo

Title explains it all really

Source;

http://www.overclock.net/t/1578881/fury-x-is-now-just-as-fast-as-gtx-980ti-in-1080p-1440p-and-faster-in-4k

Techpowerup recently reviewed the 980 ti lightning. In that review, it was compared to other graphics cards all running the latest drivers. The 980 ti is shown equal to the Fury X at 1440p, and 4% behind the Fury X at 4k.

Previously (at around launch) Fury X was 10% behind @1440p

Let's not forget that the Fury X is (In the US) generally cheaper than the 980 ti.

Fury X is $630, reference 980 ti can be gotten for less, but most aftermarket 980 ti are ~650 in my looking

View this nifty graph for evidence

It's a pretty safe assumption these are all stock clocks, though.

980 ti is still better, but Fury X is now much closer

900x900px-LL-b9eff5a5_perfrel_3840_2160.

I personally think it's great, i just wish more people knew about it. AMD needs the publicity

Edit: Wrong number, fixed

295x2 FTW!

CPU: Intel i7 4770k w/Noctua NH-D15, Motherboard: Gigabyte Z97 Ultra Durable, RAM: Patriot 8Gb 1600Mhz (2x4Gb), GPU: MSI R9 390x Gaming,

SSD: Samsung 840 EVO 1Tb, HDD: Caviar Black 1Tb, Seagate 4Tb Hybrid, Case: Fractal Design Define R4, PSU: Antec Earthwatts 750w 

Phone: LG G2 32Gb Black (Verizon) Laptop: Fujitsu Lifebook E754 w/ 1TB Samsung 840 Evo SSD Vehicle: 2012 Nissan Xterra named Rocky

For $300 spread over two years, I have a setup faster than a 980 ti... Good guy AMD

CPU: Intel i7 4770k w/Noctua NH-D15, Motherboard: Gigabyte Z97 Ultra Durable, RAM: Patriot 8Gb 1600Mhz (2x4Gb), GPU: MSI R9 390x Gaming,

SSD: Samsung 840 EVO 1Tb, HDD: Caviar Black 1Tb, Seagate 4Tb Hybrid, Case: Fractal Design Define R4, PSU: Antec Earthwatts 750w 

Phone: LG G2 32Gb Black (Verizon) Laptop: Fujitsu Lifebook E754 w/ 1TB Samsung 840 Evo SSD Vehicle: 2012 Nissan Xterra named Rocky

Only the reference 980ti is behind

the aftermarket 980tis are still better than the fury x at all resolutions

plus you can overclock them even more, so you get even more performance

NEW PC build: Blank Heaven   minimalist white and black PC     Old S340 build log "White Heaven"        The "LIGHTCANON" flashlight build log        Project AntiRoll (prototype)        Custom speaker project

Spoiler

Ryzen 3950X | AMD Vega Frontier Edition | ASUS X570 Pro WS | Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | NZXT H500 | Seasonic Prime Fanless TX-700 | Custom loop | Coolermaster SK630 White | Logitech MX Master 2S | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB + 970 Pro 512GB | Samsung 58" 4k TV | Scarlett 2i4 | 2x AT2020

Previously fury X was 10% behind @1440p. Added to OP

What changed

The Chip, Drivers, etc

What changed

The Chip, Drivers, etc

Drivers

It's still a fury X, did you really think they were going to change the chip? lol

Only the reference 980ti is behind

the aftermarket 980tis are still better than the fury x at all resolutions

plus you can overclock them even more, so you get even more performance

True. Not to mention the Fury X has 4gbs of Vram, vs the 6gbs of the 980Ti.

TheRedDragon    |i7-5820k (4.2Ghz) || MSI X99S SLI Plus || Crucial 2x8gb 2133hmz DDR4 || MSI GeForce GTX 980Ti 6Gb || Sandisk 128Gb SSD || Seagate Barracuda 3Tb |EVGA 1000W 80+ Pltnm ||  

dossium.net >

Posts that won the internet - Verticle Mice 

"Now Equal"

what changed?

Drivers more than likely. But the title is misleading, as the aftermarket cards that allow for the card to go passed it's reference limits (since Nvidia cards have the GPU boost stuff, if it's cool enough) and beat the Fury X.

EDIT: Had to fix the post as I didn't finish my thought.

Compared them at stock clock or what??

It's not clear, i'm looking now

Nice, but I can see one of the reasons is that TPU finally removed Wolfenstein from their benchmark suite. Wolfenstein A New Order is an OpenGL game programmed for NVidia's OpenGL drivers and (it seems) has had some of its shaders replaced by proprietary NVidia shaders. The result is that NVidia tended to have almost double performance in that one game. So their weighted average benchscores would severely handicap AMD.

This might also be one of the reasons AMD did not provide them with cards for reviews with Fury X/Nano.

As for price, bear in mind that the Fury X comes with an AIO cooler, making it cool and quiet.

Watching Intel have competition is like watching a headless chicken trying to get out of a mine field

CPU: Intel I7 4790K@4.6 with NZXT X31 AIO; MOTHERBOARD: ASUS Z97 Maximus VII Ranger; RAM: 8 GB Kingston HyperX 1600 DDR3; GFX: ASUS R9 290 4GB; CASE: Lian Li v700wx; STORAGE: Corsair Force 3 120GB SSD; Samsung 850 500GB SSD; Various old Seagates; PSU: Corsair RM650; MONITOR: 2x 20" Dell IPS; KEYBOARD/MOUSE: Logitech K810/ MX Master; OS: Windows 10 Pro

I linked to the overclock.net post because this isn't about the 980 ti lightning. I'd rather link to an unnofficial news source than the wrong goddamn source. It's not lazy reporting, all i'm doing is sharing information with a different user base. Don't insult me

the 980ti lightning is highlighted in the graph you posted and you were talking about aftermarket 980tis, which the Lightning is...

Pro Tip: don't use flash when taking pictures of your build; use a longer exposure instead. Prop up your camera with something (preferably a tripod) if necessary.

if you use retarded/autistic/etc to mean stupid please gtfo

the 980ti lightning is highlighted in the graph you posted and you were talking about aftermarket 980tis, which the Lightning is...

I'm primarily talking about the reference card, the lightning is highlighted because the graph this realization is based on is from the lightning review...

The Fury X only has 4GB of vram tho. That's the problem. 

Nice, but I can see one of the reasons is that TPU finally removed Wolfenstein from their benchmark suite. Wolfenstein A New Order is an OpenGL game programmed for NVidia's OpenGL drivers and (it seems) has had some of its shaders replaced by proprietary NVidia shaders. The result is that NVidia tended to have almost double performance in that one game. So their weighted average benchscores would severely handicap AMD.

This might also be one of the reasons AMD did not provide them with cards for reviews with Fury X/Nano.

As for price, bear in mind that the Fury X comes with an AIO cooler, making it cool and quiet.

Very good catch. I would like to point out the wide variance in Fury X reference prices though with Neweggs XFX one going for 599, the cheapest Sapphire one going for 639, and the MSI model for 679. (on further examination, it looks like most of the Fury X variants are currently on sale for Halloween somehow, so might be a time to grab one if you are actually interested in them...)

Cool yes. Quiet... Well if you can dampen the high frequency whine yes...

LINK-> Kurald Galain:  The Night Eternal 

Top 5820k, 980ti SLI Build in the World*

CPU: i7-5820k // GPU: SLI MSI 980ti Gaming 6G // Cooling: Full Custom WC //  Mobo: ASUS X99 Sabertooth // Ram: 32GB Crucial Ballistic Sport // Boot SSD: Samsung 850 EVO 500GB

Mass SSD: Crucial M500 960GB  // PSU: EVGA Supernova 850G2 // Case: Fractal Design Define S Windowed // OS: Windows 10 // Mouse: Razer Naga Chroma // Keyboard: Corsair k70 Cherry MX Reds

Headset: Senn RS185 // Monitor: ASUS PG348Q // Devices: Note 10+ - Surface Book 2 15"

LINK-> Ainulindale: Music of the Ainur 

Prosumer DYI FreeNAS

CPU: Xeon E3-1231v3  // Cooling: Noctua L9x65 //  Mobo: AsRock E3C224D2I // Ram: 16GB Kingston ECC DDR3-1333

HDDs: 4x HGST Deskstar NAS 3TB  // PSU: EVGA 650GQ // Case: Fractal Design Node 304 // OS: FreeNAS

Compared them at stock clock or what??

Actually the bench wasn't even about the fury x it was about the lightning so who knows

http://www.techpowerup.com/reviews/MSI/GTX_980_Ti_Lightning/23.html

also

perfrel_2560_1440.png

as 4k isn't really 60+ fps on any card

https://linustechtips.com/main/topic/631048-psu-tier-list-updated/ Tier Breakdown (My understanding)--1 Godly, 2 Great, 3 Good, 4 Average, 5 Meh, 6 Bad, 7 Awful

Totally biased and misleading title. 10/10

i7 6700K - ASUS Maximus VIII Ranger - Corsair H110i GT CPU Cooler - EVGA GTX 980 Ti ACX2.0+ SC+ - 16GB Corsair Vengeance LPX 3000MHz - Samsung 850 EVO 500GB - AX760i - Corsair 450D - XB270HU G-Sync Monitor

i7 3770K - H110 Corsair CPU Cooler - ASUS P8Z77 V-PRO - GTX 980 Reference - 16GB HyperX Beast 1600MHz - Intel 240GB SSD - HX750i - Corsair 750D - XB270HU G-Sync Monitor

The Fury X only has 4GB of vram tho. That's the problem. 

VRAM isn't the problem. I can guarantee you that.

Totally biased and misleading title. 10/10

Clickbait never hurts to start discussion