My friends parents think im a bad influence.

Nicholas15

On halloween I put my middle finger up in a photo with my mates, now two of them's parents think im a bad influence, Im scared to go round to my mates' house now and one of them isnt allowed to talk to me (even though he still does) what should I do?

If you don't mind me asking, how old are you? Are your two friends the same age?

#RIPTopGear  This is the best thread ever: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/53190-i-can-not-get-hard/ " French meetings are just people sitting in a semi-circle shouting at each other" -Dom Jolly  :lol:

My rig: 

CPU: Pentium G3258 @ 4.5GHz GPU: GTX 760 reference | PSU: Corsair RM750 Cooler: Cooler Master Seidon 120V | Motherboard: Gigabyte B85M D3H | Case: NZXT S340 White | RAM: 8GB EVO Potenza @ 1600MHz Storage: 3TB Seagate HDD, 60GB OCZ SSD, 620GB Toshiba HDD | Mouse: Steelseries Rival @1000 CPi |  OS: Windows 10 Pro Phone: iPhone 6S 16GB  
http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/439354-why-nvidia/

If you don't mind me asking, how old are you? Are your two friends the same age?

15, theyre the same age

On halloween I put my middle finger up in a photo with my mates, now two of them's parents think im a bad influence, Im scared to go round to my mates' house now and one of them isnt allowed to talk to me (even though he still does) what should I do?

wow ya umm how old are you ?

edit: ok 15 im the same, age, id say f*ck it and go over there, be polite, prove you note just some dickhead, everybody makes mistakes and at the time it doesnt seem like something bad but ends up stupid like this. 

Spoiler

The Ninja (current gaming pc)  Case- h440 red/black cpu- i5-4690k@ 4.3ghz cooler- coolermaster hyper 212 evo moboGigabyte z97x-sli ram- adata xpg v.1 2x4gb 1600mhz gpu- asus strix gtx 970 hdd- wd blue 1tb ssd- kingston hyperx savage 240gb psu- evga 600b peripherals: mouse- razer death adder 2013 keyboard- corsair k70 with chery mx-reds headset- HyperX Cloud 2

my laptop- toshiba satelite p850, cpu- i7-3630qm ram- 8gb 1600mhz hdd- 1tb 5400rpm gpu- Nvidia gt630m 2gb

did you know we have a gun thread ? well we do 

and a car thread ! 

Flip them the bird, lel.

/jk

Uhh.. I really don't know.

"We're all in this together, might as well be friends" Tom, Toonami.

mini eLiXiVy: my open source 65% mechanical PCB, a build log, PCB anatomy and discussing open source licenses: https://linustechtips.com/topic/1366493-elixivy-a-65-mechanical-keyboard-build-log-pcb-anatomy-and-how-i-open-sourced-this-project/

mini_cardboard: a 4% keyboard build log and how keyboards workhttps://linustechtips.com/topic/1328547-mini_cardboard-a-4-keyboard-build-log-and-how-keyboards-work/

Tell them that instead of making obscene gestures, you were actually doing Japanese sign language for "Se"

My build : http://uk.pcpartpicker.com/p/Ck8VkL

[spoiler spoiler=Crimson Skyline]  My build: http://uk.pcpartpicker.com/p/Ck8VkL | I5-6600K | Hyper 212 Evo | Asus Z170 Pro Gaming + ROG Front Base | Axevir Core Series Red 2X8 2400 | Sandisk SSD Plus 240 GB | Western Digital 1TB Blue | MSI R9 390 | Corsair 760T | Corsair 850 RMI | Dell U2515H IPS | Hyper X II Cloud Red | Corsair K95 RGB | Logitech G602 |

[spoiler spoiler=Laptop] I7 3232QM | Nvidia GT635M | 17.6" TN | 1TB HD | 6GB RAM

dependant on your age(10-15) I can see the parents concern.

but above a certain age(>16) of your mates it can be complicated.

May the light have your back and your ISO low.

Some parents are pussies, don't sweat it.

Though, be careful. Before you do something publicly, think "would (INSERT FRIEND HERE)'s parents approve? Would I show this to them without thinking about it?"

My parents don't appreciate anything obscene, so I don't flip people off around them. I definitely wouldn't do it in a picture.

Sounds like your friends are young, if their parents stopped letting them talk to you. Are you a bad influence?

I used to be quite active here.

Though, be careful. Before you do something publicly, think "would (INSERT FRIEND HERE)'s parents approve? Would I show this to them without thinking about it?"

My parents don't appreciate anything obscene, so I don't flip people off around them. I definitely wouldn't do it in a picture.

Sounds like your friends are young, if their parents stopped letting them talk to you. Are you a bad influence?

No, I act like a really good kid around my friends parents

wow ya umm how old are you ?

edit: ok 15 im the same, age, id say f*ck it and go over there, be polite, prove you note just some dickhead, everybody makes mistakes and at the time it doesnt seem like something bad but ends up stupid like this. 

Good advice, thanks

I agree with everything in that post. ^^^

#RIPTopGear  This is the best thread ever: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/53190-i-can-not-get-hard/ " French meetings are just people sitting in a semi-circle shouting at each other" -Dom Jolly  :lol:

My rig: 

CPU: Pentium G3258 @ 4.5GHz GPU: GTX 760 reference | PSU: Corsair RM750 Cooler: Cooler Master Seidon 120V | Motherboard: Gigabyte B85M D3H | Case: NZXT S340 White | RAM: 8GB EVO Potenza @ 1600MHz Storage: 3TB Seagate HDD, 60GB OCZ SSD, 620GB Toshiba HDD | Mouse: Steelseries Rival @1000 CPi |  OS: Windows 10 Pro Phone: iPhone 6S 16GB  
http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/439354-why-nvidia/

No, I act like a really good kid around my friends parents

Well then, I guess they didn't like it when you turned completely different just because they were not around.

I used to be quite active here.

so i edited my post but ill write it again so you can see it, id go over to their house prove your a decent guy and not a dickhead, it will take time but should come out good again, i had something like this happen but it was something a little worse then flipping off the camera, and il leave it at that. it turned out ok  just again think about things, especially if it going on any type of social media you gotta be careful cause it can get around pretty quick

Spoiler

The Ninja (current gaming pc)  Case- h440 red/black cpu- i5-4690k@ 4.3ghz cooler- coolermaster hyper 212 evo moboGigabyte z97x-sli ram- adata xpg v.1 2x4gb 1600mhz gpu- asus strix gtx 970 hdd- wd blue 1tb ssd- kingston hyperx savage 240gb psu- evga 600b peripherals: mouse- razer death adder 2013 keyboard- corsair k70 with chery mx-reds headset- HyperX Cloud 2

my laptop- toshiba satelite p850, cpu- i7-3630qm ram- 8gb 1600mhz hdd- 1tb 5400rpm gpu- Nvidia gt630m 2gb

and a car thread ! 

The best thing you can do is apologize and explain yourself to the parents. It shows maturity.

That being said, I know 15 year olds that are pregnant, that black out on the weekends from alcohol, and that sell illegal drugs. You seem like a pretty good kid if this is the worst thing you've done

I guess, thanks

Just go round. They won't kill you (probably)

Just do your best to be polite as that will be your only way to prove you aren't so bad after all.

I don't like 2D games...I just couldn't get into them.. ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

The best thing you can do is apologize and explain yourself to the parents. It shows maturity.

That being said, I know 15 year olds that are pregnant, that black out on the weekends from alcohol, and that sell illegal drugs. You seem like a pretty good kid if this is the worst thing you've done

oh i know those kids to and thats why im jst telling him the same as you, go there apologize and act good, gain their trust back 

Spoiler

and a car thread ! 

why would you stick up the middle finger in a picture your friends parents would see, and more importantly your parents could too.

respect is the key my friend, would you flip off a teacher at school (one that is not being a twat) or flip off your boss, no, then dont do it to anyone else then either.

My Rig  

PCPartPicker part list: http://ca.pcpartpicker.com/p/kGNksY

CPU: Intel Core i7-4770 3.4GHz Quad-Core Processor  ($379.00 @ shopRBC) 

CPU Cooler: RAIJINTEK THEMIS 65.7 CFM Sleeve Bearing CPU Cooler  ($34.99 @ NCIX) 

Motherboard: MSI CSM-H87M-G43 Micro ATX LGA1150 Motherboard  ($78.83 @ DirectCanada) 

Memory: Kingston HyperX 16GB (4 x 4GB) DDR3-1600 Memory  ($139.99 @ Memory Express) 

Storage: Kingston Fury 120GB 2.5" Solid State Drive  ($71.34 @ DirectCanada) 

Storage: Seagate Barracuda 2TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive  ($92.95 @ Vuugo) 

Video Card: Gigabyte Radeon R9 280X 3GB Video Card  ($298.98 @ Newegg Canada) 

Case: Fractal Design Define R4 w/Window (Black Pearl) ATX Mid Tower Case  ($125.98 @ Newegg Canada) 

Power Supply: Corsair CX 600W 80+ Bronze Certified Semi-Modular ATX Power Supply  ($66.99 @ NCIX) 

Operating System: Microsoft Windows 8.1 - 64-bit (OEM) (64-bit)  ($116.00 @ shopRBC) 

Case Fan: Cougar Turbine 120 (4-Pack) 60.4 CFM 120mm  Fans  ($23.99 @ NCIX) 

Monitor: HP 22xi 60Hz 21.5" Monitor  ($187.11 @ Amazon Canada) 

Monitor: HP 22xi 60Hz 21.5" Monitor  ($187.11 @ Amazon Canada) 

Keyboard: Logitech G710 Wired Gaming Keyboard  ($114.99 @ NCIX) 

Mouse: Razer DeathAdder 2013 Wired Optical Mouse  ($76.99 @ Amazon Canada) 

Headphones: Kingston HyperX Cloud Pro Headset  ($78.98 @ DirectCanada) 

Total: $2074.22

Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when availableGenerated by PCPartPicker 2015-04-10 15:33 EDT-0400Build log http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/303263-the-dell-from-hell/#entry4121100 

Phone Compassion Spreadsheet https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1EN6s426gyxqPloIqT4wQ7Y7yovkkQy_5B3djVN-N-R8/edit#gid=0

Gta V Pc Online Crew http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/344773-unofficial-linus-tech-tips-gta-v-crew-pc/

Society these days...

That and peer pressure.

Edited by Made In Canada

The Canadian Version Of Everything

-Made In Canada

Society these days...

That and peer pressure.

Old man: I remember a time when...

The worst gamer, in the world

Still haven't got past the first world of Super Mario Galaxy 2

You can't choose you battles.

The best thing you can do is apologize and hope for the best.

Or think, "would I do this with or to my grandparents?" If they're still alive, if not, think of with any family member.

Spoiler

Senor Shiny: Main- CPU Intel i7 6700k 4.7GHz @1.42v | RAM G.Skill TridentZ CL16 3200 | GPU Asus Strix GTX 1070 (2100/2152) | Motherboard ASRock Z170 OC Formula | HDD Seagate 1TB x2 | SSD 850 EVO 120GB | CASE NZXT S340 (Black) | PSU Supernova G2 750W  | Cooling NZXT Kraken X62 w/Vardars
Secondary (Plex): CPU Intel Xeon E3-1230 v3 @1.099v | RAM Samsun Wonder 16GB CL9 1600 (sadly no oc) | GPU Asus GTX 680 4GB DCII | Motherboard ASRock H97M-Pro4 | HDDs Seagate 1TB, WD Blue 1TB, WD Blue 3TB | Case Corsair Air 240 (Black) | PSU EVGA 600B | Cooling GeminII S524

Spoiler

(Deceased) DangerousNotDell- CPU AMD AMD FX 8120 @4.8GHz 1.42v | GPU Asus GTX 680 4GB DCII | RAM Samsung Wonder 8GB (CL9 2133MHz 1.6v) | Motherboard Asus Crosshair V Formula-Z | Cooling EVO 212 | Case Rosewill Redbone | PSU EVGA 600B | HDD Seagate 1TB

DangerousNotDell New Parts For Main Rig Build Log, Señor Shiny  I am a beautiful person. The comments for your help. I have to be a good book. I have to be a good book. I have to be a good book.

Moved to Off Topic.

"It pays to keep an open mind, but not so open your brain falls out." - Carl Sagan.

"I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you" - Edward I. Koch

Parental units.

548.jpg

Continue to hang out with your friends or respect your friends' parents' wishes? Or try to show them you aren't a bad influence?

Not much you can do, really.

|  The United Empire of Earth Wants You | The Stormborn (ongoing build; 90% done)  |  Skyrim Mods Recommendations  LTT Blue Forum Theme! | Learning Russian! Blog |
|"They got a war on drugs so the police can bother me.”Tupac Shakur  | "Half of writing history is hiding the truth"Captain Malcolm Reynolds | "Museums are racist."Michelle Obama | "Slap a word like "racist" or "nazi" on it and you'll have an army at your back."MSM Logic | "A new command I give you: love one another. As I have loved you, so you must love one another"Jesus Christ | "I love the Union and the Constitution, but I would rather leave the Union with the Constitution than remain in the Union without it."Jefferson Davis |