Box Box Box - Sim Racing Players Club [Now Hype Train Enabled!]

having spent $37.92 on DLC so far for project cars, it's getting harder for me to want to keep buying them lol

"If a Lobster is a fish because it moves by jumping, then a kangaroo is a bird" - Admiral Paulo de Castro Moreira da Silva

"There is nothing more difficult than fixing something that isn't all the way broken yet." - Author Unknown

Spoiler

Intel Core i7-3960X @ 4.6 GHz - Asus P9X79WS/IPMI - 12GB DDR3-1600 quad-channel - EVGA GTX 1080ti SC - Fractal Design Define R5 - 500GB Crucial MX200 - NH-D15 - Logitech G710+ - Mionix Naos 7000 - Sennheiser PC350 w/Topping VX-1

5 minutes ago, bcredeur97 said:

having spent $37.92 on DLC so far for project cars, it's getting harder for me to want to keep buying them lol

hence i didnt buy all of them, i got the ones which would impact me the most, i only play pcars for the single player so i had to look at cars which would be effected by that

cpu: intel i5 4670k @ 4.5ghz Ram: G skill ares 2x4gb 2166mhz cl10 Gpu: GTX 680 liquid cooled cpu cooler: Raijintek ereboss Mobo: gigabyte z87x ud5h psu: cm gx650 bronze Case: Zalman Z9 plus

Listen if you care.

Cpu: intel i7 4770k @ 4.2ghz Ram: G skill  ripjaws 2x4gb Gpu: nvidia gtx 970 cpu cooler: akasa venom voodoo Mobo: G1.Sniper Z6 Psu: XFX proseries 650w Case: Zalman H1

Just now, brownninja97 said:

hence i didnt buy all of them, i got the ones which would impact me the most, i only play pcars for the single player so i had to look at cars which would be effected by that

I /like/ having everything though... I really hate DLC. I just want to buy a game and be done like the good ol' days lol

"If a Lobster is a fish because it moves by jumping, then a kangaroo is a bird" - Admiral Paulo de Castro Moreira da Silva

"There is nothing more difficult than fixing something that isn't all the way broken yet." - Author Unknown

Spoiler

Intel Core i7-3960X @ 4.6 GHz - Asus P9X79WS/IPMI - 12GB DDR3-1600 quad-channel - EVGA GTX 1080ti SC - Fractal Design Define R5 - 500GB Crucial MX200 - NH-D15 - Logitech G710+ - Mionix Naos 7000 - Sennheiser PC350 w/Topping VX-1

I don't like having to buy DLC, but I do like having new content available later on to "refresh" my interest and keep things new/interesting. ;)

My Systems:

Main - Work + Gaming:

Spoiler

Woodland Raven: Ryzen 2700X // AMD Wraith RGB // Asus Prime X570-P // G.Skill 2x 8GB 3600MHz DDR4 // Radeon RX Vega 56 // Crucial P1 NVMe 1TB M.2 SSD // Deepcool DQ650-M // chassis build in progress // Windows 10 // Thrustmaster TMX + G27 pedals & shifter

F@H Rig:

Spoiler

FX-8350 // Deepcool Neptwin // MSI 970 Gaming // AData 2x 4GB 1600 DDR3 // 2x Gigabyte RX-570 4G's // Samsung 840 120GB SSD // Cooler Master V650 // Windows 10

HTPC:

Spoiler

SNES PC (HTPC): i3-4150 @3.5 // Gigabyte GA-H87N-Wifi // G.Skill 2x 4GB DDR3 1600 // Asus Dual GTX 1050Ti 4GB OC // AData SP600 128GB SSD // Pico 160XT PSU // Custom SNES Enclosure // 55" LG LED 1080p TV  // Logitech wireless touchpad-keyboard // Windows 10 // Build Log

Laptops:

Spoiler

MY DAILY: Lenovo ThinkPad T410 // 14" 1440x900 // i5-540M 2.5GHz Dual-Core HT // Intel HD iGPU + Quadro NVS 3100M 512MB dGPU // 2x4GB DDR3L 1066 // Mushkin Triactor 480GB SSD // Windows 10

WIFE'S: Dell Latitude E5450 // 14" 1366x768 // i5-5300U 2.3GHz Dual-Core HT // Intel HD5500 // 2x4GB RAM DDR3L 1600 // 500GB 7200 HDD // Linux Mint 19.3 Cinnamon

EXPERIMENTAL: Pinebook // 11.6" 1080p // Manjaro KDE (ARM)

NAS:

Spoiler

Home NAS: Pentium G4400 @3.3 // Gigabyte GA-Z170-HD3 // 2x 4GB DDR4 2400 // Intel HD Graphics // Kingston A400 120GB SSD // 3x Seagate Barracuda 2TB 7200 HDDs in RAID-Z // Cooler Master Silent Pro M 1000w PSU // Antec Performance Plus 1080AMG // FreeNAS OS

1 hour ago, MEC-777 said:

Mosport is such a tricky track. Long sweeping corners combined with off-camber banking and significant elevation changes make it a difficult one to tame. The short time I spent with that track in AC a little while back was a bitter sweet one. Finally able to see what it's like to drive on a track I have visited many times in person, yet dumbfounded to find out just how hard it is to be quick. 

Like anything, just takes time to learn though. ;) Mosport takes a little longer than most, I wager. lol

HYPE! for the new DLC. Those Indy's look like a ton of fun. And dat music from the C7R... :D  

Haha yeah that was one of the things that really drew me to AC at first as well, especially after driving it in a full-blown motion rig at a show one year and with occulus - they said it was proprietary software, but it looked very similar to rfactor with a formula car. Meant to post this a while back, but the most recent revision of the mosport track is much better than the one that I was playing when AC was still in v1.2/v1.3. The surface is much smoother but I still feel like Moss is a tad wrong, especially having spent 3 race weekends there and watching cars go through 5a/5b. But hey, its the 2012 pre-repaving so what do I know.

Had a blast when DP3 rolled out as well. Turns 2 and 4 are all about momentum, and I never found you made up much speed going through 1 and 3 (as long as you didnt hit the wall or go off-track youd be fine). If you survive moss without wheelspin, you're bound to cash a good lap!

^ found the 650S to be vaguely slow but the DF was invaluable to learning the intricacies of CTMP

^ obligatory benchmark car

^ tell-tale sign I meant to do a post for LTT if I had this video queued up, for a certain someone (with the updated sounds)

Folding@Home | BOINC

CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 3900X + Celsius S36 GPU: ASUS TUF RTX3080 

MB: ASRock x470 Taichi RAM: Corsair Vengeance RGB DDR4-2666 32GB 

CASE: Fractal Design Define 7 Panda STORAGE: WD Black SN770 2TB + WD Red Pro 6TB

RT12Rs in the rain = fun... for a while.

Folding@Home | BOINC

CASE: Fractal Design Define 7 Panda STORAGE: WD Black SN770 2TB + WD Red Pro 6TB

@brownninja97 Lake Louise!

Folding@Home | BOINC

well holy shit.

cpu: intel i5 4670k @ 4.5ghz Ram: G skill ares 2x4gb 2166mhz cl10 Gpu: GTX 680 liquid cooled cpu cooler: Raijintek ereboss Mobo: gigabyte z87x ud5h psu: cm gx650 bronze Case: Zalman Z9 plus

Listen if you care.

Cpu: intel i7 4770k @ 4.2ghz Ram: G skill  ripjaws 2x4gb Gpu: nvidia gtx 970 cpu cooler: akasa venom voodoo Mobo: G1.Sniper Z6 Psu: XFX proseries 650w Case: Zalman H1

Just ran my last races this season for pCars. Disappointing finishes, but I got the fastest lap for the main event so I guess it's a consolation of sorts? But thats what happens when you pit 3 times and take fresh tires every stop I guess. 1:24.9 in a SR3-RS at Spa in storm conditions.

Folding@Home | BOINC

So the internet speeds at my parent's place are potato and this upload is killing me, compared to the 50/50 I get at my university address. BUT ANYWAYS a snippet of what my finales were like.

I'm amazed that to this date, Silverstone Classic is still VERY much broken, though the bugs regarding pits are more or less gone. That being said, they are now worse and we spent a good 20 minutes just trying to get everyone in the lobby, on the grid, and through the formation lap - going so far as to skip the warmup completely - but alas, it was not meant to be; it was getting late in the UK, the guys wanted to sleep, and they opted to just go to the Silverstone GP.

Having survived my first season with the group, I'm slowly starting to learn the driving styles of my fellow peeps. Too bad I'm too much of a scrub to perform consistently every week, though I can still put up some good and fun battles from time to time! Even though I despise the RT12R, it does provide for some fun slides and keeping the thing straight with the slightest of slip angle, with a friend chasing behind, is one of the most rewarding things I've done in pCars to date.

Race start-o and it looks exactly like a pro-am GT3 Cup race! Sort of. Nobody's setup is correct because we werent meant to run the GP circuit. AS a result my fuel was too low and tires completely wrong, but other than that I was on default setup. Second weather slot was random so anything is game and I was just trying to survive till then. The back end on this thing kicks out way too often.

WHEN DOES IT NOT RAIN AT SILVERSTONE. Every time it's set to random, without fail, it lands on rain or storm. I was horribly off-pace now and was just messing about at the back of the field, completely out of the running for good points.

THE FINAL BIG RACE WEEKEND.

I was actually looking forward to this race, especially having raced GT3s in these conditions for AOR. Unfortunately I was going into it blind because something came up right before qualifying, so I had 0 practice - not that Id need it for this track. Qualified decently but with this much traffic and spray, it's really about managing your own pace and tires over the course of the race. Managed a decent finish somehow (I CANT SEE ANYTHING) for the first race but everything went to shit in the second, which I'll explain later. In default setups, drafting becomes essential and without a good regular pace you won't have much luck closing a gap unless the guys in front spin (it happens pretty frequently). Also have to watch those curbs carefully - Spa has a nasty habit of going to gravel suddenly, and if you are at WOT your rear tires will catch and send you straight off - or worse, into a wall - and there is little to nothing you can do to correct it.

I speak from experience.

But yeah the above clip - final few laps and my car was more or less in good condition - the tires still had plenty of life left and I was catching the guys ahead pretty quickly, so either they were nursing hte cars home or they had damage. Flying past P4 I was quickly closing on W0rthy, somebody who has claimed countless poles, and was up for a fight. Even with the better car I had to slow down my pace so as to not take him out, but it was a good clean fight all around. And by clean I mean the entire last lap we were side-by-side through sector 2 and 3, each compromising our speed to give the other room (like you should!!) right to the last corner. I dont know if I accidently tapped him, which caused him to run wide, but the drag race continued right to the line where he beat me by less than a wheel. 

And because the next video will take 4 hours to upload, I'll end it here.

Folding@Home | BOINC

Oh dear, that's not what you want to see in an open-wheeler.

oops.thumb.jpg.1a4588dc798b93b9dd3ed4c8c

Sunrise at spa in a storm is pretty, though.

Image27.thumb.jpg.15ba6721dc3e37bc84fe1fImage26.thumb.jpg.baa0399e900f7f22bfb65b

Folding@Home | BOINC

GUESS WHAT. This is ~4 days late but Microsoft is delaying this month's DLC as well, and because February is a short month, it means it gets pushed to March. Shame but they wont let Xbox get content after every other platform.

Also a bit of a hiccup with ovals.

Screenshot_2016-02-22-13-16-58.thumb.jpg

Folding@Home | BOINC

Would love to see Toronto Indy city track in a game like this. Not sure if it's ever been put in any game before (maybe iRacing?). But that would be really cool to race on our own city streets. :) 

Ok, so, what exactly is the issue with the AI on oval tracks that they're having problems with? Do the car just get stuck in a train and never pass or?

My Systems:

Main - Work + Gaming:

Spoiler

Woodland Raven: Ryzen 2700X // AMD Wraith RGB // Asus Prime X570-P // G.Skill 2x 8GB 3600MHz DDR4 // Radeon RX Vega 56 // Crucial P1 NVMe 1TB M.2 SSD // Deepcool DQ650-M // chassis build in progress // Windows 10 // Thrustmaster TMX + G27 pedals & shifter

F@H Rig:

Spoiler

FX-8350 // Deepcool Neptwin // MSI 970 Gaming // AData 2x 4GB 1600 DDR3 // 2x Gigabyte RX-570 4G's // Samsung 840 120GB SSD // Cooler Master V650 // Windows 10

HTPC:

Spoiler

SNES PC (HTPC): i3-4150 @3.5 // Gigabyte GA-H87N-Wifi // G.Skill 2x 4GB DDR3 1600 // Asus Dual GTX 1050Ti 4GB OC // AData SP600 128GB SSD // Pico 160XT PSU // Custom SNES Enclosure // 55" LG LED 1080p TV  // Logitech wireless touchpad-keyboard // Windows 10 // Build Log

Laptops:

Spoiler

MY DAILY: Lenovo ThinkPad T410 // 14" 1440x900 // i5-540M 2.5GHz Dual-Core HT // Intel HD iGPU + Quadro NVS 3100M 512MB dGPU // 2x4GB DDR3L 1066 // Mushkin Triactor 480GB SSD // Windows 10

WIFE'S: Dell Latitude E5450 // 14" 1366x768 // i5-5300U 2.3GHz Dual-Core HT // Intel HD5500 // 2x4GB RAM DDR3L 1600 // 500GB 7200 HDD // Linux Mint 19.3 Cinnamon

NAS:

Spoiler

Home NAS: Pentium G4400 @3.3 // Gigabyte GA-Z170-HD3 // 2x 4GB DDR4 2400 // Intel HD Graphics // Kingston A400 120GB SSD // 3x Seagate Barracuda 2TB 7200 HDDs in RAID-Z // Cooler Master Silent Pro M 1000w PSU // Antec Performance Plus 1080AMG // FreeNAS OS

9 minutes ago, MEC-777 said:

Would love to see Toronto Indy city track in a game like this. Not sure if it's ever been put in any game before (maybe iRacing?). But that would be really cool to race on our own city streets. :) 

Ok, so, what exactly is the issue with the AI on oval tracks that they're having problems with? Do the car just get stuck in a train and never pass or?

IIRC theres a Toronto indy track for rFactor, but I dont recall if its for 1 or 2. Now that I have both I might give it a look; same for Mosport. I believe shannonville also has a digitalized layout of their track, but it could have been Calabogie.

It's the issue of passing behaviour - especially when you are going through the banking 2-3-4 wide at max speed and progressing into the next stock car turn, or worse yet into the infield sections whereby you have to code in who has priority given the millions of variables. Multiply this by however many tens of cars you render on track and there isn't any realistic way to make it not tax the hell out of engine resources. So far it looks like only Caper class vehicles would be elligible to race against one another, but those are still additional sprites you have to account for. I dont think they have any issues with actually getting cars around the track, with drafting and all, but these are issues they hadn't envisioned back when they originally drafted the Madness system.

The tracks are more or less fully complete but understandably the people SMS bought the license from are probably frowning upon releasing it as MP only with no AI. iRacing can get away with it because that game never, and will never, launch with AI opponents. The early shift games also had Daytona and "oval racing" of some sorts but the current engine is much more advanced and I dont think the fan base will be happy with whatever they manage to squeeze out (to be fair, it doesn't help that the very early WIP tests were leaked on YT).

Folding@Home | BOINC

I'd be happy if they released the ovals for MP and time trial ONLY and locked out AI. It's a shame, people like us would understand why they did this and not have a problem with, but you know too many will whine and complain about it. Ah well, there's always Pcars 2. ;)

I'm not crazy about ovals anyways. Years ago I had one of the more popular nascar games for PS2 (nascar 2004 or something like that) and used my GFGT wheel. I found that MORE difficult than road racing! The cars slide around at 180mph+ and you have to be super careful with the drafting. Nascar is far more difficult and requires far more skill than most would think. Those cars have very little grip for what they are. lol. Boring to watch most of the time, but I have utmost respect for the drivers. 

My Systems:

Main - Work + Gaming:

Spoiler

F@H Rig:

Spoiler

HTPC:

Spoiler

Laptops:

Spoiler

NAS:

Spoiler

9 minutes ago, MEC-777 said:

I'd be happy if they released the ovals for MP and time trial ONLY and locked out AI. It's a shame, people like us would understand why they did this and not have a problem with, but you know too many will whine and complain about it. Ah well, there's always Pcars 2. ;)

I'm not crazy about ovals anyways. Years ago I had one of the more popular nascar games for PS2 (nascar 2004 or something like that) and used my GFGT wheel. I found that MORE difficult than road racing! The cars slide around at 180mph+ and you have to be super careful with the drafting. Nascar is far more difficult and requires far more skill than most would think. Those cars have very little grip for what they are. lol. Boring to watch most of the time, but I have utmost respect for the drivers. 

Yeah, of the millions of sales of the game there is probably 5% or less who actively browse the forums and keep up to date with dev-released info. So whenever something happens, all the blame goes straight to the studio - worse in SMS' case because they were crowdfunded and VERY open with the development, so much so that there is a very strict NDA with pCars 2 WMD members. Failing in the eye of the public is never an easy thing, and to do it with so much hype certainly doesn't make it easier - a la McLaren-Honda. Especially the last two patches/DLC - both delayed by Microsoft's validation process - but the brunt of the slander was directed to SMS.

Then we have the issue of licenses - at least with the tracks, they might not favour being released in this way or suddenly increase the fee given the changes in conditions (see: Mugello, Suzuka). We're lucky enough that manufacturers are nice enough to swap out cars if models can't be recreated accurately (all of the stuff is modelled off CAD data but in reality changes might occur after cars go into production), but with manufacturer support it's not guaranteed that you can get a 100% license by way of chasing down whatever sponsors were used on liveries, or the official support and data you get from the sanctioning body (see: WTCC). This is also the reason for why there are often so many mixed real/fictional liveries available in-game.

Yeah I know what you mean. Many hours spent in frustration in GT trying to lap those damn stock cars. I followed the sport a bit during the initial COT days, when they added the "winged cars" and was bewildered at how slow they got. This was also around the time they started making changes to the cars to slow them down and prevent flipping when they slide sideways on the ovals and after hitting walls, though I dont remember when they added the roof/hood flaps. The current cars are such low DF now and so fast. I'm amazed by how open the current regs are regarding car design, whereby the manufacturers will sell you a "shell" and you build your own engine (or find a supplier); interior designs are more or less open right down to what gauges you use as long as you have the necessary safety gear.

Folding@Home | BOINC

Hypeeeeeeeeee.

Also I kind of want this... but at the same time I can build a better looking MDF-based Ricmotech RS1 cockpit for ~1/2 the price.

Folding@Home | BOINC

So i thought id try to be cool and well i thought about what would happen if i went to monza and picked the mclaren.

Dont do that, i regret everything

Listen if you care.

Also my entire season with PCDC is up on YT! ~24 hours of racing lol.

Folding@Home | BOINC

5 hours ago, brownninja97 said:

So i thought id try to be cool and well i thought about what would happen if i went to monza and picked the mclaren.

Dont do that, i regret everything

Which Mclaren might you be referring to and which game? ;)

My Systems:

Main - Work + Gaming:

Spoiler

F@H Rig:

Spoiler

HTPC:

Spoiler

Laptops:

Spoiler

NAS:

Spoiler

7 minutes ago, MEC-777 said:

Which Mclaren might you be referring to and which game? ;)

gt3 race with the mp4 12c gt3

Listen if you care.

24 minutes ago, brownninja97 said:

Pcars? 

Just a little tip for you; if you find the back-end of cars come around a little too easy, especially on heavy braking, mid-corner and slow corner exits, try adjusting the rear tow angle to 0(zero) degrees. I find most cars are setup with +2 degrees tow out at the rear which helps with vehicle rotation, but also make the car very unstable under braking/corner entry. I usually set this to 0 and that alone makes the car noticeably more controllable.

You can also try shifting the brake bias a little more towards the front. The Audi R8 in Pcars is REALLY bad for this - it has WAY too much rear brake bias. By adjusting it more towards the front (by maybe 2% or so), and adjusting that rear tow angle to 0, it made that car WAY more stable under braking. ;)

My Systems:

Main - Work + Gaming:

Spoiler

F@H Rig:

Spoiler

HTPC:

Spoiler

Laptops:

Spoiler

NAS:

Spoiler

22 minutes ago, MEC-777 said:

Pcars? 

Just a little tip for you; if you find the back-end of cars come around a little too easy, especially on heavy braking, mid-corner and slow corner exits, try adjusting the rear tow angle to 0(zero) degrees. I find most cars are setup with +2 degrees tow out at the rear which helps with vehicle rotation, but also make the car very unstable under braking/corner entry. I usually set this to 0 and that alone makes the car noticeably more controllable.

You can also try shifting the brake bias a little more towards the front. The Audi R8 in Pcars is REALLY bad for this - it has WAY too much rear brake bias. By adjusting it more towards the front (by maybe 2% or so), and adjusting that rear tow angle to 0, it made that car WAY more stable under braking. ;)

yeah, its just that in pcars the mercedes sls is insanely fast compared to the AC one. i got blitzed and i nailed the brake points. thanks for the tow tip, i normally go wiht a +1 tow. never actually used the R8 in the game yet.

Listen if you care.

55 minutes ago, brownninja97 said:

25 minutes ago, MEC-777 said:

Pcars? 

If the rear is swinging out, try adjusting your brake mapping, deceleration diffs, preload, brake pressure and bias. The 12C and R8 are notorious for swinging around too quickly but its something you slowly learn to mitigate. Playing around with pressures, spring rates, and camber / toe also helps stabilize the cars particularly under braking. Anti-roll bars and fast bump/rebound settings are another area to look at but over-stiffen and your front tire deg be much faster than rears.

Whether or not brake mapping and camber do anything more than consume more fuel / heat up tires faster is debatable but I've found them to be helpful.

Folding@Home | BOINC

As much as they say not to pre-order games, I am still excited for this. March is going to be a brutal month of studying vs gaming and de-stress. Pre-load hype.

nfs.png.ba7e1cc0090b6fce26fe1302e84dc37a

Pre-ordered back in october.

Folding@Home | BOINC