Box Box Box - Sim Racing Players Club [Now Hype Train Enabled!]

Also this just popped up in my league inbox LOL

Folding@Home | BOINC

CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 3900X + Celsius S36 GPU: ASUS TUF RTX3080 

MB: ASRock x470 Taichi RAM: Corsair Vengeance RGB DDR4-2666 32GB 

CASE: Fractal Design Define 7 Panda STORAGE: WD Black SN770 2TB + WD Red Pro 6TB

I bought the g27 not long ago,  along with dirt rally. 

Im a dude that has only one leg so im afraid i have to use an automatic clutch.  This is one of the videos i made - enjoy! 

SHENANIGANS

Folding@Home | BOINC

CASE: Fractal Design Define 7 Panda STORAGE: WD Black SN770 2TB + WD Red Pro 6TB

11 hours ago, lior1111 said:

I bought the g27 not long ago,  along with dirt rally. 

Im a dude that has only one leg so im afraid i have to use an automatic clutch.  This is one of the videos i made - enjoy! 

That's awesome dude! Good to see you're mastering rally :) Just remember to never let anything get in the way of improving your skills and accomplishing things! A certain racecar driver comes to mind...

...a very talented driver who goes by the name of Alex Zanardi, victim of an unfortunate CART accident in 2001 who would later go on to become a paralympic athlete and winning GT3 driver.

Folding@Home | BOINC

15 hours ago, chaozbandit said:

That's awesome dude! Good to see you're mastering rally :) Just remember to never let anything get in the way of improving your skills and accomplishing things! A certain racecar driver comes to mind...

...a very talented driver who goes by the name of Alex Zanardi, victim of an unfortunate CART accident in 2001 who would later go on to become a paralympic athlete and winning GT3 driver.

Thanks man! That video gave me a lil bit of hope but my country doesnt really support these kinda things,  there are only about 3 formula racers from my entire country.. And i have no idea where they went or what  they did cause i cant find a single formula school or something similar.. 

Im from israel btw 

Because it ALWAYS rains at Le Mans (weather set to random, sync to race - just so happened to land on Thunderstorm)

Folding@Home | BOINC

5 hours ago, chaozbandit said:

Because it ALWAYS rains at Le Mans (weather set to random, sync to race - just so happened to land on Thunderstorm)

I see you're still playing around with the head tracking. How's that been working for you?

My Systems:

Main - Work + Gaming:

Spoiler

Woodland Raven: Ryzen 2700X // AMD Wraith RGB // Asus Prime X570-P // G.Skill 2x 8GB 3600MHz DDR4 // Radeon RX Vega 56 // Crucial P1 NVMe 1TB M.2 SSD // Deepcool DQ650-M // chassis build in progress // Windows 10 // Thrustmaster TMX + G27 pedals & shifter

F@H Rig:

Spoiler

FX-8350 // Deepcool Neptwin // MSI 970 Gaming // AData 2x 4GB 1600 DDR3 // 2x Gigabyte RX-570 4G's // Samsung 840 120GB SSD // Cooler Master V650 // Windows 10

HTPC:

Spoiler

SNES PC (HTPC): i3-4150 @3.5 // Gigabyte GA-H87N-Wifi // G.Skill 2x 4GB DDR3 1600 // Asus Dual GTX 1050Ti 4GB OC // AData SP600 128GB SSD // Pico 160XT PSU // Custom SNES Enclosure // 55" LG LED 1080p TV  // Logitech wireless touchpad-keyboard // Windows 10 // Build Log

Laptops:

Spoiler

MY DAILY: Lenovo ThinkPad T410 // 14" 1440x900 // i5-540M 2.5GHz Dual-Core HT // Intel HD iGPU + Quadro NVS 3100M 512MB dGPU // 2x4GB DDR3L 1066 // Mushkin Triactor 480GB SSD // Windows 10

WIFE'S: Dell Latitude E5450 // 14" 1366x768 // i5-5300U 2.3GHz Dual-Core HT // Intel HD5500 // 2x4GB RAM DDR3L 1600 // 500GB 7200 HDD // Linux Mint 19.3 Cinnamon

EXPERIMENTAL: Pinebook // 11.6" 1080p // Manjaro KDE (ARM)

NAS:

Spoiler

Home NAS: Pentium G4400 @3.3 // Gigabyte GA-Z170-HD3 // 2x 4GB DDR4 2400 // Intel HD Graphics // Kingston A400 120GB SSD // 3x Seagate Barracuda 2TB 7200 HDDs in RAID-Z // Cooler Master Silent Pro M 1000w PSU // Antec Performance Plus 1080AMG // FreeNAS OS

1 hour ago, MEC-777 said:

I see you're still playing around with the heard tracking. How's that been working for you?

Its going well. Integration into the game itself is pretty smooth but the movement tracking takes a bit of fine tuning. I dont have any issues in AC because it is as close to 1:1 as it gets, but pCars adds the additional functionality of look-to-apex automatically, so now it's down to dialing it down to a level where it is useful but not intrusive with respect to my own movements. Being able to freely look around is a huge plus though, as you'd expect when it comes to checking your sides, mirrors and blind spots. Still not entirely used to it as you can tell from some clips - just like in real life, you tend to drive in the direction you are looking in but you get used to it as time passes.

v using TrackIR to battle Extrovert; I have 11 aero damage so I need to be extra careful in his draft and need to track his line accordingly. Look-to-apex at default settings.

Verdict remains unchanged: it's neat to have and adds a cheaper alternative in terms of immersion, but it's not a necessity. If you are good enough at managing your blind spots via the fixed mirrors, split times, and crew chief then you will gain little benefits with TrackIR, especially now since you'd be paying loads out of pocket if you live outside of the US due to the exchange rates. A few guys in my league are testing out FaceTrackNoIR - an even cheaper solution that makes use of a hacked PS Eye system, but the resolution it sees is tiny compared to TrackIR. It's also more finicky since you're not using an integrated set of IR LEDs like TrackClip and instead tracking actual face details - unsure of whether a Kinect would work, but it would definitely be better.

Happy Family Day, btw :)

Folding@Home | BOINC

Folding@Home | BOINC

It's all your fault, @chaozbandit and @bcredeur97

HA9KfU5.jpg

My Systems:

Main - Work + Gaming:

Spoiler

Woodland Raven: Ryzen 2700X // AMD Wraith RGB // Asus Prime X570-P // G.Skill 2x 8GB 3600MHz DDR4 // Radeon RX Vega 56 // Crucial P1 NVMe 1TB M.2 SSD // Deepcool DQ650-M // chassis build in progress // Windows 10 // Thrustmaster TMX + G27 pedals & shifter

F@H Rig:

Spoiler

FX-8350 // Deepcool Neptwin // MSI 970 Gaming // AData 2x 4GB 1600 DDR3 // 2x Gigabyte RX-570 4G's // Samsung 840 120GB SSD // Cooler Master V650 // Windows 10

HTPC:

Spoiler

SNES PC (HTPC): i3-4150 @3.5 // Gigabyte GA-H87N-Wifi // G.Skill 2x 4GB DDR3 1600 // Asus Dual GTX 1050Ti 4GB OC // AData SP600 128GB SSD // Pico 160XT PSU // Custom SNES Enclosure // 55" LG LED 1080p TV  // Logitech wireless touchpad-keyboard // Windows 10 // Build Log

Laptops:

Spoiler

MY DAILY: Lenovo ThinkPad T410 // 14" 1440x900 // i5-540M 2.5GHz Dual-Core HT // Intel HD iGPU + Quadro NVS 3100M 512MB dGPU // 2x4GB DDR3L 1066 // Mushkin Triactor 480GB SSD // Windows 10

WIFE'S: Dell Latitude E5450 // 14" 1366x768 // i5-5300U 2.3GHz Dual-Core HT // Intel HD5500 // 2x4GB RAM DDR3L 1600 // 500GB 7200 HDD // Linux Mint 19.3 Cinnamon

NAS:

Spoiler

Home NAS: Pentium G4400 @3.3 // Gigabyte GA-Z170-HD3 // 2x 4GB DDR4 2400 // Intel HD Graphics // Kingston A400 120GB SSD // 3x Seagate Barracuda 2TB 7200 HDDs in RAID-Z // Cooler Master Silent Pro M 1000w PSU // Antec Performance Plus 1080AMG // FreeNAS OS

Developed with help from Tommy Milner, one of the factory GM drivers since the days of the C6.R. Neat.

Edit: looks like the cats out of the bag

image.jpg.723410527c036b94c16a091d430b07

Folding@Home | BOINC

Ed says the DLC trailer is almost done, so heres some more teasers.

fusion 1.jpg

Image112.jpg

pCars64Gld 2016 1.jpg

teaser vette.jpg

Folding@Home | BOINC

I think i had the best race ive ever had in project cars early this morning around 2:30am to 3:30am.

Was a hour long race that was setup with some facebook mates that i raced with a while back in the granturismo days.

Anyways 15 of us and we do practise for around 15 minutes.

I'm a complete mess, its been around a month since i last played and im not used to the ANYTHING in project cars. 

9203800024_00eb5fea81_o.jpg

Anyways its GT3, my car of choice is the Mclaren Mp4 12C GT3.

The track is Watkins Glen.

---------------------------------------------

Qualifying: Mess with the cambers a little and throw on some slicks, got 15 minutes to rip Watkins a new ***hole.

5 minutes later: Starts drizzling as i complete my second lap, still warming up the tyres so ive not realy done a proper outlap. I think about the potential of changing tyres, well i blast down the back straight and completely miss the braking point and slide all over the grass, i hit the wall at around 130mph to the rear, major aero and suspension damage, im not a little sissy that teleport to garage. 

12 minutes into quali: Im out of the garage only a single lap to............ get hit by a rouge R8. 

Quali results: I'm 12th out of 15. 

-------------------------------------------

Race begins: Very heavy rain, can barely see, three R8s are up front, two bentleys right in front and a mess of rufs and sls amgs in the middle of the pack, no one cares who is behind me. The race is 1hour long, around 30ish laps. One manditory stop/

0 minutes in: We go for a rolling start, one of the bentleys hit the throttle too hard, spins and takes out the other car, i hit the back of the first bentley causing some aero damage but i keep control. Teamspeak explodes in rage, someone blames Ian Bell. 

15 minutes in: A rather uneventful period of me overtaking a few cars, i somehow am in sixth place now, all of the cars in front at R8s, they are vastly superior in the back straight but im making up a lot of space in the final four corners each lap.

20 minutes in: Im bumper to bumper with the guy in front when pcars gives up on life and i somehow umm enter his car, the two of us  were now inside eachother but our pace is equal, both of us are seriously belting it getting us very close to 2,3,4.

25 minutes in: pcars remembers its a game and the collision boxes return, this causes the R8 i was battling with earlier to crash as he wasnt expecting this, i wasnt either but now it was just me and the guy ahead, i was second, he was 4 seconds ahead. 

35 minutes in: Race is clearing up so i go in for pits, i need those superior tyres to exploit this, 1st R8 also pits. Sadly i remember i had the aero damage from the start of the race, pit crew fix that but it leaves me 7 seconds behind 1st, no clue what the rest of the pack is doing but im still in second when i come out. 

37 minutes in: Surprisingly 1st pits, im pretty confused as to why but it leaves me with a massive 12 second lead, as long as i dont cock up i have it in the back. 

50 minutes in: I extend my lead to 20 seconds, feeling pretty awesome until.............RAIN. The first few drops quickly multiply into a downpour, my half dead slicks struggle for traction, my lap times tumble badly, there is only like 5 laps or so left, i have to pit. Dread fills my heart, im screaming at the monitor for the pitcrew to hurry the **** up. 1st,2nd,3rd. They all blast past with relative ease, im finally out of the pits, the tyres are working, ive not grip, im 4 seconds behind with 4 laps left.

It was a brutal four laps, my new tyres did give me an advantage but a lot of them pitted around the 45 minute mark so its not much, im slowly catching up.

Final lap, down the back straight im right on the ass of 3rd, down into the loop and take a gamble, its rainning but maybe 10 mph more will work, it does, i pull it off, down into the outer loop 2rd wets himself and spins his sls. Holy shit 1st is just one second ahead, i might be able to get it back. 

I brake late into every corner, gaining more and more time into every corner, two turns left and i am in position to go for the overtake, damn he blocks the inside, one turn left, he fluffs the brakes and goes for the outside, now is my chance, this is what i was born for, racers dont need girls, mclaren can have my first born. I hit the apex, i surge forwards by wait NO, i went in too deep, my rear tyre hits the grass. Its the type of think i can recover from but thats in the dry, its wet as all hell out here, the wheel in my hands jerk. That feeling of dread wells up inside of me, its like feeling you get when you are able to fall, when you are about to get slapped by your parents or when your contraception breaks. The car is out of control, it spins only once but thats all it took.

I sit there, my mouth agape, i just stare into the screen blankly, i was so close, i could almost touch it, it was mine but it was taken away. I didnt even bother to finish the race, i was filled with disappointment, hearing the rest of the pack slowly make their way onto the finishing straight, it didnt sound as glorious as i remember it, it was washed out, it was vivid, it was dull and lifeless. 

-------------------------------------------------

Onto the race in question. 

brands hatch, 1 ai, 1% difficulty, he had a renault, i had a fucking lmp1 car. I won, pure skill. 

cpu: intel i5 4670k @ 4.5ghz Ram: G skill ares 2x4gb 2166mhz cl10 Gpu: GTX 680 liquid cooled cpu cooler: Raijintek ereboss Mobo: gigabyte z87x ud5h psu: cm gx650 bronze Case: Zalman Z9 plus

Listen if you care.

Cpu: intel i7 4770k @ 4.2ghz Ram: G skill  ripjaws 2x4gb Gpu: nvidia gtx 970 cpu cooler: akasa venom voodoo Mobo: G1.Sniper Z6 Psu: XFX proseries 650w Case: Zalman H1

9 hours ago, brownninja97 said:

-epic snip-

LOL xD Dude, that was nothing short of entertaining - the way you wrote that! You should be a race commentator. You'd totally kill it! ;)

Sucks what happened and believe it or not - this type of thing happens to me all the damn time. In fact, I'm so de-sensitized that now I've come to expect it. 

Like just last week. Doing a MP race online with about 15 randoms. Sonoma raceway with Gr.5 cars. I qualify 3rd in a Capri. Race starts, I get into the lead on the first lap and start to stretch out a gap. On the second lap, I crest the hill just after turn 5 and there's another Capri sitting sidways across the track. The Capri is a big-ass car so I had no choice but to run off track. I see he's rolling back, so I dive towards his nose and commit. Then he floors it and moves forward... Needless to say, that didn't end well. lol. :P

Racing is stressful. You're on the edge of control, stuff happens. Mistakes on the final corners are the worst, especially after a long race. I feel your pain. ;)

My Systems:

Main - Work + Gaming:

Spoiler

F@H Rig:

Spoiler

HTPC:

Spoiler

Laptops:

Spoiler

NAS:

Spoiler

53 minutes ago, MEC-777 said:

LOL xD Dude, that was nothing short of entertaining - the way you wrote that! You should be a race commentator. You'd totally kill it! ;)

Sucks what happened and believe it or not - this type of thing happens to me all the damn time. In fact, I'm so de-sensitized that now I've come to expect it. 

Like just last week. Doing a MP race online with about 15 randoms. Sonoma raceway with Gr.5 cars. I qualify 3rd in a Capri. Race starts, I get into the lead on the first lap and start to stretch out a gap. I crest the hill just after turn 5 and there's another Capri sitting sidways across the track. The Capri is a big-ass car so I had no choice but to run off track. I see he's rolling back, so I dive towards his nose and commit. Then he floors it and moves forward... Needless to say, that didn't end well. lol. :P

Racing is stressful. You're on the edge of control, stuff happens. Mistakes on the final corners are the worst, especially after a long race. I feel your pain. ;)

Oddly enough people have told me that before, apparently id be a pretty good commentator, well umm i dont know what to commentate or how to get the oppotunity to do it, would be a great laugh i imagine. 

I remember a while back i even back a random browser game sound epic. 

cpu: intel i5 4670k @ 4.5ghz Ram: G skill ares 2x4gb 2166mhz cl10 Gpu: GTX 680 liquid cooled cpu cooler: Raijintek ereboss Mobo: gigabyte z87x ud5h psu: cm gx650 bronze Case: Zalman Z9 plus

Listen if you care.

Cpu: intel i7 4770k @ 4.2ghz Ram: G skill  ripjaws 2x4gb Gpu: nvidia gtx 970 cpu cooler: akasa venom voodoo Mobo: G1.Sniper Z6 Psu: XFX proseries 650w Case: Zalman H1

DAMN I HATE THESE QUOTING SYSTEMS.

Anyways, tell me about it. Just did a 26 lap race at Spa in GT3 cars, with bad aero and over-heated tires. The car was set up for nurburgring so I was super down on top end, especially against both BMWs, yet somehow managed to climb up to P6 after qualifying P17. Granted a lot of people spun or disconnected, but it was still a hard fought battle of managing tires since they were all hovering around 95C for the majority of the race. Ill-prepared for the second stint (the rain came at L11 of 26) I wasnt ready for just how quickly the rears would shoot up in pressure, often 105+ C in the sweepers. Any mistake would push them instantly to 110+ which is an exponentially quick downhill in terms of recovery.

Videos to come in a bit, still editing CIAS photos.

Racing is stressful. You're on the edge of control...

Folding@Home | BOINC

3 minutes ago, chaozbandit said:

Racing is stressful. You're on the edge of control...

this. quote of the day, maybe :P

"If a Lobster is a fish because it moves by jumping, then a kangaroo is a bird" - Admiral Paulo de Castro Moreira da Silva

"There is nothing more difficult than fixing something that isn't all the way broken yet." - Author Unknown

Spoiler

Intel Core i7-3960X @ 4.6 GHz - Asus P9X79WS/IPMI - 12GB DDR3-1600 quad-channel - EVGA GTX 1080ti SC - Fractal Design Define R5 - 500GB Crucial MX200 - NH-D15 - Logitech G710+ - Mionix Naos 7000 - Sennheiser PC350 w/Topping VX-1

IT'S FINALLY UPLOADED. This is going to be a weird week... both of my Project CARS leagues are running their final races this week, all of them taking place at Spa-Francorchamps and all in the rain. The AC league is going to Mosport, which should be interesting.

Anyways, Apex Online Racing is concluding Season 3 this week and in GT3-PRO, there is a good battle for the top place overall (though it doesnt really matter since all top 3 drivers move up a class to GT3-ELITE). My teammate and I are around the middle of the standings thanks to consistent results, though he missed a few races due to breaking a finger. Wasn't expecting to move up much in the Drivers championship but our team (American Audi Sport of Canada) is within grasp of 4th overall so a good result here would be excellent. Being Spa, this is the only round I can go into without any practice at all and I was pretty comfortable driving in the rain, so it was just a matter of dialing in the setup and setting the pit strategy (rain due for L11 of 26 and using the Nurburgring GP setup from race 1).

Had some issues getting the recording going - pCars kept crashing when I went to select a car with TrackIR enabled, so I just ended up not using head tracking. Also tried sending audio though the DAC but had issues with the USB connection cutting in and out, a problem I didn't have before when I was using optical cables. Went into quali 8 minutes late and didn't even bother setting a time - I would be starting the race from P17, and probably for the better as you'll see.

Start of race: I'm all set up for a holeshot but Ranger (M3 GT2) gets off the line slowly and theres a car to my left, so no chance of moving up heading into Eau Rouge. Taking Radillion very slowly, the lemming train makes its way down the Kemmel straight as I overtake the Ginetta (P14) on the outside going into Les Combes. A 12C and a M3 GT2 come into contact in the upper half of the field, sending both cars into the runoff - I am now up 5 positions (P12) in just Sector 1. Another M3 GT2 spins coming out of Bruxelles (T11) and nearly takes me out as I exit the corner, and very nearly drives right into the side of the M3 GT2 behind me (who was pushed halfway onto the grass). Coming into Pouhon, a M3 GT2 pushes a Z4 GT3 wide and I have to lift off to tighten my line, should they decide to re-enter the track (M3s might be the fastest in the class but their drivers - well, you see a trend here). Still following Gianetta pretty closely through Sector 2 but now sitting in P9, up 3 more positions. End of L1 and I have a sizeable gap ahead, and a shrinking one behind.

Tires warming but very heavy on fuel - I know I need to make the best of these softs before the rain hits. Gianetta gets past P8, which means Zach is now ahead of me  - it's been a while since our two R8s have been together on track and I was definitely looking forward to it. Theres a second or so gap between every car in the top 10 at this point but we are within reach should someone run wide. Dennis went into a wall at Blanchimont, which moved everyone up a spot. Being too cautious trying to not hit my teammate let Mully catch up, and the Z4 is much better through corners and in a draft - I would have to defend going into the Bus Stop. May have turned in on the second part too early and clipped him, sending him over the curb and into my car on the exit - no damage done but can't do that again.

The incident has now created quite a gap to P7 and I spent most of L3 closing it again, still with Mully chasing. Zach must have run wide at Pouhon because I caught up pretty quickly, but now we're in trouble since the tailing Z4 is in position to jump 2 spots. Mully tries to dive-bomb into the Chicane but probably didn't see how close I was to Zach in front - had a feeling he was going to lock up and go straight so I corrected, just as the body of his Z4 slid right past my nose. How he didn't take out either Zach or myself is a mystery, but I'm glad we survived. The battle between teammates rages on but Zach has always been the faster driver - my lap times improved, but the gap increased. At least until L5 when his computer decided it wanted to do a Windows Update, which sent his car into the wall coming out of Bruxelles - I was praying that it wouldnt suddenly come back on track and kept far left, but knew that it was bad news.

Neck and neck with WarnTyre as we make our way down Kemmel on L6, as he makes the pass in the draft but then decides to try and force me off-track by slowly moving right - the Audi with low-aero and medium gearing can keep up surprisingly well. Applying the pressure now, trying alternative lines, I notice I am better under braking but he has better exit speed so this one wold drag on for a while - nearly lose it on that stupid inside corner at Stavelot though. He would later spin it at Les Combes, forcing me to the inside over the curbs, however that would not be the last I see of WarnTyre (I may or may not have spun it at the same spot for the next 2 laps).

L15 to L20: It's unusual seeing 3ddi3, multiple time race winner, this far down the grid. Surely the rain is difficult but I wasnt expecting it to catch so many people out - even Erti, who is usually terrible, is doing surprisingly well. Regardless, it's head down and tire management for me. 2.1 bar on the fronts kept them in the 90s range but 2.0 bar on the rears were lighting them up, and an R8 anywhere past 105C is VERY slidey if you're not on it. Pretty sure that I was sideways everytime I went through Pouhon at this point. For whatever reason, the rears were overheated but never wore that much - the fronts which were cool and appeared to have good turn-in until L22, wore down to 50% by the end of the race.

Remember Mully, the Z4 that I tapped and then almost got taken out by? Yeah, he's behind me still though I did my best to keep the 14 second gap. Eventually I passed 3ddi3 but it was because he got a cut-track coming out of Raidillion on L17. Our rain-pace was pretty similar though, at 2:29 but he must have been really nursing it home if I closed the gap that quickly. The scary part was that my frames were dropping as I was passing him on the Kemmel, and I was just hoping it woudlnt get worse. Now back in P8 chasing F1 Racer, something I was seemingly doing the entirety of the rain stint. With the gap ahead at 10 seconds, I would have to push to even make a dent - or so I thought until he passed Erti on L18 - this was prey I knew I could catch.

Sure enough by the end of L18 I took 8 seconds out of the gap, with 3ddi3 still 3 seconds behind me; I was now in an M3 sandwich. Now within 2 seconds of Erti as we come through Les Combes, I am in his draft and can easily drive right to his bumper and pressure him. With Ultra settings, the spray in this situation makes it near impossible to see (even more so if you have 3 or more cars) but I was in the zone and was quite comfortable with driving in the ran. Side-by-side going into the chicane at the end of L19, I knew a pass for position would be coming soon. Unfortunately I wasn't expecting it to come heading into Eau Rouge, and as you can expect quickly ran out of talent halfway through - forgetting to downshift into 4th, I went straight into the run-off over the hill and gave the position back. Much of L20 would be a repeat of the lap before, staying within 1 second of Erti and being blinded by his spray.

Erti would soon get some wheelspin on the Courbe Paul Frere, handing me P7. The gap to WarnTyre was 5.9 seconds.

L22 to FIN: A near identical situation with WarnTyre as I had with Erti, only nearing the end of the race. Fronts are worn and it was becoming harder to keep my pace, though I could still use the throttle to maintain my angle on exits. The rain hasn't let up, but there is enough on track now that the rears won't overheat and I can push without sliding (though I did miss going sideways through corners in 4th with partial throttle - that was much fun).

By L23 the gap had closed to 3 seconds and I could see that stupid yellow M3 in front of me. By L24 the gap was now ~1 second, and I was ~20L heavy on fuel. The opportunity was neigh, but I was going to have to work for it (fronts were in the 80s but rears in the 90s sweet spot). In this situation the R8 is much better on braking, mid-corner and corner-exit but the M3 still has me covered for top end, so I made the best of the draft and closed to < 0.5 seconds, setting up for the penultimate lap.

I was super excited at this point. Knowing this track so well allowed me to attack quite often, despite the conditions, and I was having a right hoot (also makes for good video I guess). The gap to Erti and 3ddi3 behind is now 20 seconds, so provided I can hold P7 I would get good points for the team. When I braked for the chicane on L24, I didn't see the M3s lights come on - was that car's braking really that good or was he about to spin? Lo and behold, it was the latter and I calmly crusied by for P6.

The gap to F1 Racer ahead was 19 seconds, but the gap to WarnTyre was now 8 seconds - time to nurse the car home! Unbeknownst to me I pulled a pair of 2:28s out of nowhere, and the gap behind was 14 seconds at the finish of L26. An amazing result, and a new highest finishing position for me. Mully disconnected sometime after he crashed in the rain, and with Duchi missing this race a P6 finish brought me up to #10. Barely. 72 points to his 71. BUUUT it also bumped our team up from #5, now at 159 points over Team Magnum's 153. So not the greatest season, but given that we are the only pair of R8s that finished the entire season, I'd say an "average" finishing position is still pretty decent.

aor.thumb.png.b270c01aa0b0bb8010e95f9cf9

So now that the season is over, what are my thoughts. As you can see, I completed every race  with a decent finish (barring Donington where I really didnt like the track at night, so P18, and Brands where the game crashed, hence P21). Will I be back next season? Probably. The only issue is that this league takes up a lot of time - not in actual race time - but the amount of effort you have to dump into practice in order to be competitive. Most of these races I had gone into blind in terms of setup and only an hour or sos worth of practice compared to the top half of the field who do 2-3 hours per week, plus the race. Despite the competitive atmosphere, I did have fun from time to time when it came to battling but I've fallen out of love with the class. No, let me rephrase - I've fallen out of love with the R8. Next season, I'll probably be going with the C7.R, the Bentley, or an SLS just to spice things up. As it stands, the votes for Season 4 in terms of tracks put a lot more American circuits on the calendar, which could just as easily draw me back and apply in March, but if I don't then I wouldn't be too bummed about missing out.

Folding@Home | BOINC

^Sounds like that was quite the battle and congrats on a good season finale. :) 

Would love to try a season, but the amount of time required, as you mentioned, is a problem. When does the next season start and how long do they run, typically?

My Systems:

Main - Work + Gaming:

Spoiler

F@H Rig:

Spoiler

HTPC:

Spoiler

Laptops:

Spoiler

NAS:

Spoiler

9f5daced48774c2fb89c7587389c5099.png

So i did a few laps around redbull ring to benchmark a few cars that im working on and umm, i got carried away.

Listen if you care.

46 minutes ago, MEC-777 said:

^Sounds like that was quite the battle and congrats on a good season finale. :) 

Would love to try a season, but the amount of time required, as you mentioned, is a problem. When does the next season start and how long do they run, typically?

Thanks!

Signups for Season 4 start early March on a first come, first serve basis. There are atm only two tiers - a PRO and an ELITE, though they are playing around with the idea of a PRO-AM tier for slower players. Where you get placed is determined by your time trials in the RUF GT3 at Nurburgring GP and Circuit de Barcelona-Catalunya.

A season of 10 races will typically tun 11 weeks, as to give players a "mid-season break" and to allow for holidays and whatnot. Races are Wednesday at 8PM UK time, or ~3PM EST - length is however many laps it takes to complete 1 hour, with weather being synced to race (weather slots and race time determined in pre-season negotiations).

AOR is a bit tricky because they request you commit fully to the 10 race season, and you are allowed a maximum of 3 no-shows before you get blacklisted from the league. HOWEVER if you inform the league coordinator ahead of time about an absence, then they will not count the no-show against your standings. They also have a "player licensing" system to track your profile in terms of any incidents being reported to the stewards panel (it's all loosely based on F1)

Folding@Home | BOINC

1 hour ago, chaozbandit said:

Thanks!

Signups for Season 4 start early March on a first come, first serve basis. There are atm only two tiers - a PRO and an ELITE, though they are playing around with the idea of a PRO-AM tier for slower players. Where you get placed is determined by your time trials in the RUF GT3 at Nurburgring GP and Circuit de Barcelona-Catalunya.

A season of 10 races will typically tun 11 weeks, as to give players a "mid-season break" and to allow for holidays and whatnot. Races are Wednesday at 8PM UK time, or ~3PM EST - length is however many laps it takes to complete 1 hour, with weather being synced to race (weather slots and race time determined in pre-season negotiations).

AOR is a bit tricky because they request you commit fully to the 10 race season, and you are allowed a maximum of 3 no-shows before you get blacklisted from the league. HOWEVER if you inform the league coordinator ahead of time about an absence, then they will not count the no-show against your standings. They also have a "player licensing" system to track your profile in terms of any incidents being reported to the stewards panel (it's all loosely based on F1)

If it was only an hour later (4pm EST) then I could probably swing it (go in to work early that day and leave early). But 3pm just won't work for me, unfortunately. Still trying to figure out an LTT league day/time but have been too busy lately. bleh... 

My Systems:

Main - Work + Gaming:

Spoiler

F@H Rig:

Spoiler

HTPC:

Spoiler

Laptops:

Spoiler

NAS:

Spoiler

To say last night was a complete disaster would be an understatement. Turns out Schiit's USB audio drivers are terrible and cause my system to lock up at random intervals; lo and behold the issue only got worse when trying to record gameplay, whereby the audio through the DAC would cut out and the car would jump all over the place (but not by way of network issues). Which is a shame, because I was really looking forward to racing at Mosport competitively for once. Although I barely practiced with the Z4, there was still a lot of time to be found and I was just getting into my groove but decided not to ruin anyone elses race by way of hardware failure. Not that Im missing much because there was 8 people in the lobby for a 90 minute race.

Here's what I managed to capture - my last 3 quali laps and some very cautious driving during the formation lap, where I proceeded to bin it into a tire barrier. Damn you, Monkey.

Oh yeah, and a 30 second HD DLC trailer for the American Racers pCars DLC courtesy of our boy Ed (though how hes doing this whilst looking after a newborn is beyond me).

Folding@Home | BOINC

2 hours ago, chaozbandit said:

To say last night was a complete disaster would be an understatement. Turns out Schiit's USB audio drivers are terrible and cause my system to lock up at random intervals; lo and behold the issue only got worse when trying to record gameplay, whereby the audio through the DAC would cut out and the car would jump all over the place (but not by way of network issues). Which is a shame, because I was really looking forward to racing at Mosport competitively for once. Although I barely practiced with the Z4, there was still a lot of time to be found and I was just getting into my groove but decided not to ruin anyone elses race by way of hardware failure. Not that Im missing much because there was 8 people in the lobby for a 90 minute race.

Here's what I managed to capture - my last 3 quali laps and some very cautious driving during the formation lap, where I proceeded to bin it into a tire barrier. Damn you, Monkey.

Oh yeah, and a 30 second HD DLC trailer for the American Racers pCars DLC courtesy of our boy Ed (though how hes doing this whilst looking after a newborn is beyond me).

Mosport is such a tricky track. Long sweeping corners combined with off-camber banking and significant elevation changes make it a difficult one to tame. The short time I spent with that track in AC a little while back was a bitter sweet one. Finally able to see what it's like to drive on a track I have visited many times in person, yet dumbfounded to find out just how hard it is to be quick. 

Like anything, just takes time to learn though. ;) Mosport takes a little longer than most, I wager. lol

HYPE! for the new DLC. Those Indy's look like a ton of fun. And dat music from the C7R... :D  

My Systems:

Main - Work + Gaming:

Spoiler

F@H Rig:

Spoiler

HTPC:

Spoiler

Laptops:

Spoiler

NAS:

Spoiler